The Ultimate Football Manager

200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png[/center]

Into the black (country)

Division - English Premiership

Final League Position - 12th (past positions )

Cups - NA

Continental - NA

So the promised land...........as i posted earlier, i got this job with Wolves firmly at the bottom of the league, but with a good looking squad. The transfer window was due, so we could perform some surgery. We sold an favourite Danny Ings, which caused some consternation. Also a young promising Portugese who didnt settle for £15m.

With the money i made i only actually made 3 signings. The squad was pretty strong. I got a couple of youngish players who i know and trust - Hirving Lozano from PSG, and Marco Asensio from Real. Both were out of contract in the summer so we secured them on pre-contract, then paid fairly modest fees to bring the deal forward. We then loaned in a striker late in the window when Daniel Sturridge went down with a long term injury (shock.....). How could i find to loan in......well how about Diego Costa!! Maybe a bit older now, but still a great loan signing!

We started well, then faded a bit, then went on an absolute tear up the league, getting into the top 10. Then we hit a real slump, one o those "cant be explained" runs where you lose 4 out of 5, having just won 10 games in a row. Brutal. We couldnt break out of it in time and lost the FA cup Semi in the midst of it. We had a mini revival for the last 3 games but had slipped to 12th.

STill considering we started last midseason, that wasnt too bad. Nearly 30m to spend next year, and a couple of assets i might move on.

Achievements / Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues: Poland - Piast

3/10 domestic cups: South African Cup - Santos FC, Chinese FA cup - Renhe, Polish FA Cup - Piast

1/5 club continental championships: Asian Champions League - Renhe

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

History

LfQDQNi.png

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Resigning Old Players - I certainly have re-signed some old players in my save, but because for the most part I am only at a club for 2 or 3 seasons, they don't always make that big an impression on me. I usually sign promising players from previous clubs, but that doesn't always work out very well for them. I think I currently have 4 players from previous clubs at Newcastle. One of them, Fagnani is in my first eleven as a striker, but barely. He's ok, but his spot is top of my list for replacement. In fact I have his replacement ready, but I probably won't be able to make the signing by the upcoming transfer deadline unless I can make an extra £5 million in the next few days from selling players. I signed 2 really promising defenders and a left winger from Sochaux, but they're constantly just outside the first eleven, and aren't developing as much as they would have with more first team action. The fact is that my best signings are the ones that I sign on the cheap, and then can't afford at my next club.

I'd like to think when I finish the challenge I could put together an Ultimate Team with my eleven most important players, but honestly I probably have forgotten about most of them.

New Thread - Everybody who has an opinion seems to have given it, so I guess the consensus is a new thread, and I'll go along with it. What do we think should be on the new thread for FM16

Aims and Rules

Hall of Fame

A Small Piece of Advice

How to do Progress Tables

Known FM16 Bugs (that affect the challenge)

At one point I put in some advice (In post 2) about how to go about the challenge. Whether to start in Europe or elsewhere in the world. Then I deleted it because I think people should find their own path. I mean, we could give people an indication as to the level of jobs that they could expect to get as a first job, (English league 1, South African Premiership) but again, I feel that people should find their won way. I don't think we should offer a walk-through guide to the challenge. One of the best things about the challenge has been the evolution on the best way to go about it.

However I have updated the second post to advise starters not to take the first or initial job that they're offered, and tried to explain as clearly as I can how to do the tables.

If anybody has any ideas for other things that should go in the first post of the new thread, then either post them on this thread, or send them in a private message.

The issue is going to be the rules, because the rules for this challenge have always been fairly vague. I'm happy for this challenge to be less prescriptive than other challenges.

There's no emphasis on 'proving' your accomplishments with screenshots either initially or as you go along. That said, it would be really nice if when people finish they provide a final screenshot from the game. I think if people cheat on this challenge, we will have to console ourselves with the knowledge that they at least put some effort into misleading us.

I don't know much about the 'Touch' or mobile device version on this game, but I presume that we're going to allow that platform as valid for the challenge.

I don't think we should provide people with the reputations of the different nations, as this knowledge isn't really real-world.

I think the new thread should just be called 'The Ultimate Manager FM16 Challenge'. That's long enough. No need to fluff my ego with my name in there. Maybe 'The Ultimate Manager FM16 Journeyman Challenge', but honestly I think that everybody will know what it is.

Finally if anybody (else) thinks that we should just keep this thread going, at least for another year, please do say so and make your opinion heard. At the moment I seem to be the only one.

Resigning Old Players - I certainly have re-signed some old players in my save, but because for the most part I am only at a club for 2 or 3 seasons, they don't always make that big an impression on me. I usually sign promising players from previous clubs, but that doesn't always work out very well for them. I think I currently have 4 players from previous clubs at Newcastle. One of them, Fagnani is in my first eleven as a striker, but barely. He's ok, but his spot is top of my list for replacement. In fact I have his replacement ready, but I probably won't be able to make the signing by the upcoming transfer deadline unless I can make an extra £5 million in the next few days from selling players. I signed 2 really promising defenders and a left winger from Sochaux, but they're constantly just outside the first eleven, and aren't developing as much as they would have with more first team action. The fact is that my best signings are the ones that I sign on the cheap, and then can't afford at my next club.

I'd like to think when I finish the challenge I could put together an Ultimate Team with my eleven most important players, but honestly I probably have forgotten about most of them.

New Thread - Everybody who has an opinion seems to have given it, so I guess the consensus is a new thread, and I'll go along with it. What do we think should be on the new thread for FM16

Aims and Rules

Hall of Fame

A Small Piece of Advice

At one point I put in some advice (In post 2) about how to go about the challenge. Whether to start in Europe or elsewhere in the world. Then I deleted it because I think people should find their own path. I mean, we could give people an indication as to the level of jobs that they could expect to get as a first job, (English league 1, South African Premiership) but again, I feel that people should find their won way. I don't think we should offer a walk-through guide to the challenge. One of the best things about the challenge has been the evolution on the best way to go about it.

However I have updated the second post to advise starters not to take the first or initial job that they're offered, and tried to explain as clearly as I can how to do the tables.

If anybody has any ideas for other things that should go in the first post of the new thread, then either post them on this thread, or send them in a private message.

The issue is going to be the rules, because the rules for this challenge have always been fairly vague. I'm happy for this challenge to be less prescriptive than other challenges.

There's no emphasis on 'proving' your accomplishments with screenshots either initially or as you go along. That said, it would be really nice if when people finish they provide a final screenshot from the game. I think if people cheat on this challenge, we will have to console ourselves with the knowledge that they at least put some effort into misleading us.

I don't know much about the 'Touch' or mobile device version on this game, but I presume that we're going to allow that platform as valid for the challenge.

I don't think we should provide people with the reputations of the different nations, as this knowledge isn't really real-world.

I think the new thread should just be called 'The Ultimate Manager FM16 Challenge'. That's long enough. No need to fluff my ego with my name in there. Maybe 'The Ultimate Manager FM16 Journeyman Challenge', but honestly I think that everybody will know what it is.

Finally if anybody (else) thinks that we should just keep this thread going, at least for another year, please do say so and make your opinion heard. At the moment I seem to be the only one.

Well said, and this more or less i exactly what I intended to say also. For advice to newcomers I would just say something like: starting in lower leagues of a big nation or top level of a smaller nation is your own choice and part of whats fun with this challenge.

I definitely mean we should keep this thread going for some time, and would suggest posting in "The Ultimate FM 16 Challenge" is for those who try the challenge with the new game, for those playing in FM 15 should still post here. And with all the fun and joy this challenge has given me I know I will read this thread for a long time coming still.

Aims and Rules

Hall of Fame

A Small Piece of Advice

Which ever way it goes i'll be in . Just not till all the bug's are fixed

I would keep FM16 out of it if we are going to use the new one going forward... Just do the Ultimate Football Manager Challenge, or whatever. :)

If you need any help with anything, let me know, happy to help.

Maybe I'm becoming a bit confused. So your suggestion is to start a new thread, (with the idea that the first posts can be improved) and we all migrate to the new thread. I think it would be better than having an FM16 specific thread, and having the challenge divided between 2 different places. I'm really not sure what's wrong with the thread as it is. Was LGRT's initial thread so confusing? I suppose it could be improved upon a bit; stripped away of the superfluous backstory and references to 'The Fault In Our Stars' real or imagined.

I can't do a proper poll in this thread. I'd have to start a new thread on the CSE Forum, and that might be a bit self-referential. So I'll do a makeshift poll here; in the next thread.

What do you want to happen to this thread? I fully appreciate that most of you might not care, and if you don't, then just ignore this. But if you do have an opinion or preference, please cut and paste your preferred option into your reply with any appropriate comments.

Option 1 - Keep it as it is. There's nothing wrong with it. We're on our 14th page, and despite what some say; size matters. I've got control of post#2 and we can keep updating that as required.

Option 2 Start a new thread named 'The Ultimate Manager Challenge'. I (Vikeologist) will have the first 2 or 3 posts reserved. We can make the aims and rules clearer. I can make a ruling on the exact rules of the challenge. (I will stipulate the cups have to be from 10 different nations). Hopefully the thread will then last for the next 1,000 years and outlive us all.

Option 3 - Start a new thread called 'The Ultimate Manager FM16 Challenge'. Those of us who've started on FM15 carry on posting here. The new starts post on the FM16 thread, and we have a new thread each year.

Option 4 - Something else.

I'm only a reader and not an active participant in this challenge, but I'll give you my two cents anyway.

I say Option 1 - Keep it as it is.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing in the current thread (name, rules or otherwise) that suggests it is limited to FM15. I can't remember / don't know if anyone is doing the challenge on older versions of the game, but I see no reason to make a new thread because a new version is coming out...

The whole reason I suggested a new thread is so you have full control over the first 3-4 posts, and can have all the clarifications posted, etc.

I just think it will be valuable because we do still get a ton of questions that have been repeated quite a few times. I don't think it is *necessary* - I just think it will be helfpul long term, and once it is done and posted with all the challenge clarifications and such, it will never have to be done again. If something changes in a future version, you'll have control of all the starting few posts to where if a question comes in, we can all go "The answer you're looking for is in Post #2" or what not. It'll just lead to less clutter, but be able to have anyone playing any year's version be involved with anyone doing the challenge in any version.

I vote for Option 2, but I'll be here no matter what is decided, so. :)

Option 1 - Keep it as it is. There's nothing wrong with it. We're on our 14th page, and despite what some say; size matters. I've got control of post#2 and we can keep updating that as required.

Option 2 Start a new thread named 'The Ultimate Manager Challenge'.

A new thread would help organizing everything a little bit better, like some of you pointed out. I would prefer everyone posting in the same thread though instead of having to follow two threads for FM15 and FM16 (and maybe FM17 one day), that's why I'd prefer Option 2 over Option 3.

Oh dear, that didn't really resolve anything. Anyway, my vote would be for option 1, a resigned acceptance of option 2 and firm opposition to option 3, so I guess I'll try to put together a new (Option 2) thread for when the new game comes out. (I believe the consensus was between the first 2 options, bearing in mind strength of opinion and weighting based on prior involvement in the challenge).

Bear in mind that at some point changes in the game may need new rules (and another new thread); for instance if New Zealand (and thus the Oceanic Continental Cup or whatever it's called) was 'playable'. I'd have thought that if SI were going to implement this in FM16 they'd have announced it, but you never know.

As it is though, I want everybody posting in the same thread, and I hope that I can improve upon the current opening post. Personally I think retiring this one is a bit of a pity.

Letsgetreadyto is going to be erased from history, and anyone who even mentions his name will be purged by the Ultimate Secret Police. There was no Ultimate Challenge before me. Myah, myah <laughs wickedly>.

For me it seems like Option 1 was the most popular (I voted for option 3) it looked like 5 people voting for option 1, and 3 people each for option 2 and 3, so it would seem fair to me just to keep this thread (big cry)

I'm sorry I opened this can of worms. Let's park it for a couple of weeks. Incidentally, I realise that option 1 got most votes, but option 2 seems like a compromise that keeps most people vaguely happy. I have to admit I can't really understand why people want option 3, but some people seem to have a strong preference. maybe it's like needing to have the Iphone6S because the IPhone 6 is obsolete. People want something new even though it has no significant new features like the Iphone, or even a completely hypothetical computer game.

let's get back to the actual challenge.

Looking forward to hearing about your new trophy, Earl. You final domestic trophy? Are you going to continue managing a club, or are you just doing international management? Being a club manager as well does help with scouting, but it would also slow you down. Of course if you clean up internationally within 4 years, that would be fine. Might take 40 years though.

It seems likely that I'll finish the club side first, but I could see the logic in still having a club job, even though I'd stop being bothered by actually winning anything. I'd probably not bother signing anyone and spend my life on holiday. Of course, the trick would be putting in the minimum amount of effort without getting sacked.

I'm sorry I opened this can of worms. Let's park it for a couple of weeks. Incidentally, I realise that option 1 got most votes, but option 2 seems like a compromise that keeps most people vaguely happy. I have to admit I can't really understand why people want option 3, but some people seem to have a strong preference. maybe it's like needing to have the Iphone6S because the IPhone 6 is obsolete. People want something new even though it has no significant new features like the Iphone, or even a completely hypothetical computer game.

let's get back to the actual challenge.

Looking forward to hearing about your new trophy, Earl. You final domestic trophy? Are you going to continue managing a club, or are you just doing international management? Being a club manager as well does help with scouting, but it would also slow you down. Of course if you clean up internationally within 4 years, that would be fine. Might take 40 years though.

It seems likely that I'll finish the club side first, but I could see the logic in still having a club job, even though I'd stop being bothered by actually winning anything. I'd probably not bother signing anyone and spend my life on holiday. Of course, the trick would be putting in the minimum amount of effort without getting sacked.

I wrote: New trophies?

So the question is was there any new trophies or not, just online at work, and dont know what time I can write a new update, but as soon as I can I will.

It will take atleast 7-8 more years though to complete the challenge, as I cant finish Asia Cup and Copa Libertadores at the same time :(

Well, looking forward to your update anyway.

I suppose I assume you'd won something new. If I tease you with a question like , 'Did I win anything this year? wait and find out' you can be sure I've won something, because if I haven't (like now) I'm too busy drowning my sorrows and wondering if it's still murder if I murder my players as they are only bits of computer data.

Mind you, I still could win something this season. I'm holding on to the prospect of winning the FA Cup like Tom Hanks holding on to that basketball in Castaway. It's the only thing stopping me from going insane and running outside naked to bark at the Moon. I mean that would be cray-cray. There's far too much pollution here in China to be able to ever see the Moon.

Well, looking forward to your update anyway.

I suppose I assume you'd won something new. If I tease you with a question like , 'Did I win anything this year? wait and find out' you can be sure I've won something, because if I haven't (like now) I'm too busy drowning my sorrows and wondering if it's still murder if I murder my players as they are only bits of computer data.

Mind you, I still could win something this season. I'm holding on to the prospect of winning the FA Cup like Tom Hanks holding on to that basketball in Castaway. It's the only thing stopping me from going insane and running outside naked to bark at the Moon. I mean that would be cray-cray. There's far too much pollution here in China to be able to ever see the Moon.

Well the reason I wrote it like I did, is because those who have followed this thread for a while (like you vike) know that I only have a few trophies left of this challenge. Did I complete something this season, well those who wait and follow here will find out :p hehe

But back to another question. What will I do when the day comes that I finish club trophies and still have international trophies left? (its most likely bound to happen)

Well I have some Steam achievements that I havnet completed and I would probably try to complete as many of them as possible within this savegame:

- Win the league 3 years in a row. I have always been a journeyman on FM15, and the closest I got was 2 titles with Kaizer Chiefs and then staying on for another half season, would have completed it, but I moved on to take over Suwon.

- Stay 5 years in one club. (I guess 10 years and 20 years is an options also)

- Have the club build a stadium for you. (This was achieved on my former journeyman save, but I dont consider it done as it was a club building a new stadium 1 month after I joined them, so I would like to complete this again)

There are some more also but cant remember them, but it might keep me at Celtic for several seasons.

If not I would maybe like to see if its possible to go back to Carmarthen and see if I can build them up as a Welsh-powerclub, but who knows a journeymans travel is always exciting....

Season 2015 - Seattle Sounders

I've loaded all the North & South American leagues and after about three months un-employed I landed the gig at Seattle Sounders in the MLS.

I'd started this challenge half heartedly and then picking a club in the MLS didn't help as I found it difficult to gain an affinity with the team and the league in general.

I went with my usual 4-1-2-3 DM Wide formation that I've used in various incarnations of since the CM2 days.

Throughout the season we were neck and neck with Toronto who'd won the league the previous year. It came as a surprise when in July I got a message congratulating on a trophy win...wtf! Apparently there's a trophy or two for beating rivals.

We finished the regular league season 3 points ahead of Toronto to claim my first league title....The MLS has the overall league standings "MLS Supporters Sheild" and the "MLS Cup" not sure which counts as the league win but I'll go with the league table. Not that it mattered as we won the MLS Cup too.

The US Cup saw us overcome San Antonio Scorpions, New York Red Bulls, Los Angeles Galaxy, Colorado Rapids and finally Chicago Fire to emerge with the trophy.

At the end of the 2015 season having cleaned up the US trophy collection I decided to resign....and then thought...oops, what about the NACL...

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (USA)

1/10 domestic cups (USA)

0/5 club continental championships

International

0/2 world tournaments

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club         1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015    USA  Seattle     1st               won                     

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation        FIFA  NL     World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job History:

Seattle - 07/11/2014 - 12/12/2015

Season 2015/16 - Querétaro

At the end of the 2015 season having cleaned up the US trophy collection I decided to resign....and then thought oops, what about the NACL...

Thankfully and by a stroke of good fortune there was a job vacancy at Querétaro in the Mexican league and they were in the Quarter Final of the NACL against fellow Mexican side Monterrey.

I joined Querétaro as they were playing friendlies in the build up to the Closing Stage of the league. We opened up the Closing stage of the league with 4 straight wins and I was thinking this is easy.

Coinciding with the return from injury of my "better" goalkeeper our form turned for the worse as we approached the NACL Qtr Final. Our mean defence suddenly were defending like school kids but at least we were still scoring goals.

We went into the NACL Qtr Final first leg on the back of 2-2 draw, 4-5 defeat and a 3-3 draw. Our hose pipe defending continued by conceding 4 to Monterrey, thankfully our attackers were able to grab 3.

Another 0-2 defeat between the first and second leg and my confidence in the team was low. In the second leg we attacked from the off, afterall we were scoring so lets try and out score them.

Half time and it was still 0-0 and I'd all but given up when on the 57th min we took the lead \o/ my enthusiasm and attention re-focused we battled on, as time ticked away the time wasting crept in and when the final whistle went I slumped back in my chair with relief.

The first leg of the Semi-Final against América (MEX) was a comfortable 2-0 win and I was feeling comfortable until I saw the fixture list. The 2nd leg would be the sixth game in the space of 11 days! At that point the league form suffered as I proritised the NACL.

Even still we went into the 2nd leg battered and bruised and it was a poor game all round from both sides and we slumpped to a 0-1 defeat but went through 2-1 winners on aggregate.

The Fixture pile-up had annoyed me as I was challenging Monterrey in the league until that point. Especially as we one game in fourteen days before our NACL Final 1st leg against Los Angeles Galaxy.

The first leg was fairly even and it took until the 71st min for the deadlock to be broken as we took the lead and secured a 1-0 win.

The Closing stage play off started after first leg and for some reason kept pushing the 2nd leg back...I mean really? A domestic competition pushing the final of a continental competion back? I give up!! We reached the semi-final of the closing stage play off using the fringe players loosing to Monterrey on away goals.

The second leg of the NACL finally happened three weeks after the first. And another close game, we took the lead in the 55th min and LA equalised in the 71st. LA continued to press for the equaliser until the 81st min when Juninho was sent off for a 2nd booking and we finished comfortably to win the trophy that lured me to Querétaro.

Of special note this is the first time I've ever managed Ronaldinho (the former World Player of the year one) and he still showed his class with some delightful free kicks and through balls.

At the end of the season I handed in my resignation, I'd won what I came to and I was still annoyed by the fixture mess.

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups (USA)

1/5 club continental championships (NACL)

International

0/2 world tournaments

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
2015       USA  Seattle        1st              won
2015/16   MEX  Querétaro          3rd                  Won

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes

Job History:

Seattle - 07/11/2014 - 12/12/2015

Querétaro - 20/12/2015 - 27/05/2016

Great start blackdevil most of us dont win trophies counted in this challenge already in the first season. And very welcome to the thread :)

Cheers for the welcome, I'd read the whole thread from the beginning last week and I started the career on Friday evening. I'm off this week so hoping to get a few more seasons in.

Very fortunate with Seattle and Querétaro jobs. I was expecting to be struggling to build a reputation.

Seattle had Clint Dempsey and Obifemi Martins to count on which made a difference there.

Blackdevil. Congratulations.

Maybe we need to make a decision regarding what counts and doesn't in the MLS. I haven't played for any length of time in the MLS, so I think input from Busta Raymes and Normandy wept would be helpful, plus anybody else who has managed in MLS. We did rule on this once, at least for the league, for wheresmyspacebar (post 1065) and input from whom also welcome.

I think for challenge purposes the MLS Cup would count as the league, and the US Open Cup counts as the cup. I don't think the Supporters Shield in and of itself counts for anything. You can't have the league and cup being the same competition.

If you didn't win the Open Cup (and thus don't have that cup achievement) then sorry, but that's my understanding. (Edit - I see you won the US open Cup as well. Good. I didn't want to nullify your achievement).

Do the Canadian sides in the game play the Canadian Championship instead? If so, should the Canadian Championship count as a cup?

I will put the ruling in post#2, but if anybody with more real world or in-game insight has a different opinion, please say.

I won both so cleared on that front. I think for challenge purposes in general, if a league goes to a play off then that's what counts.

Here's the competitions from the US that I was in as Seattle. The Cascadia and Heritage are worthless "rivalry" trophies. The FA Cup equivalent is the "US Cup". The MLS Cup is I presume like the World Series or the Stanley Cup or Super Bowl....I've exhausted my US sporting knowledge now lol. And the Supporter Shield is the overall league standing combining both conferences.

01_Seattle_Competitions%20Progress_zps1b25lybf.jpg

The Canadian teams don't enter the US Cup so take part in the "Canadian Championship" which is a cup format lasting 3 rounds. Preliminary, Semi and then Final all two legged affairs.

There are two non-MLS teams in the preliminary round. The winner faces one of the 3 Canadian MLS teams with the other two facing each other.

To me being a Canadian side would be a little easier, as it's got two fewer rounds, but I would put up the "Canadian Championship" as the Cup alternative.

So to clarify the MLS Cup counts for the league counter. And the US Cup or Canadian Championship counts for the cup counter.

Season 2016 - Mostly Un-employed

Following my resignation from Querétaro I was un-employed for six months as I struggled to find a club that I wanted to join AND who also wanted me. I removed some of the smaller South American nations and added South Africa, South Korea, France and Germany.

List of nations now loaded: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia (will be removed on 1/12017), France, Germany, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, South Korea and USA (will be removed on 26/12/2016)

I was mainly applying for various vacancies in Argentina and Brazil. Clubs like Fluminese, Flamengo, Corinthians, Santos, San Lorenzo, Colon, Rosario Central, Flamengo (again), Fluminese (again), Dortmund, Lyon. Most didn't even offer an interview and some even laughed at me, although Flamengo and Fluminese did interview the second time around...and serves them right for not taking me on as in Fluminese's case they ended up relegated and Flamengo finshed 14th.

My dole queue time was ended when a small club from the city of Sao Paulo decided to take a punt on an inexperienced but successful manager.

Season 2016 - Corinthians

Ricardinho the previous manager who was appointed when I applied for the post earlier in the season was booted after a run of 6 defeats and 1 draw in the last 7 games. They were in 5th place with three games to go.

With three wins and results going our way we could still win the title....how crazy would that be.

Vasco - 2-0 W - Vasco were in 3rd place and favorites for the match but it seems our lads were revitalized by their new managers appointment and enjoyed a comfortable 2-0 win.

Internacional - 3-2 W - Internacional were in 8th place and we were still in 5th when we clashed. The result was a topsy turvey battle in a game that saw two of the 3 goals of the month, one from each side, both of which were wonderful team goals. Like watching 1970's Brazil vs 1970's Brazil.

Flamengo - 3-0 W - Flamengo were in 14th and I took delight in drubbing one of the teams that laughed off my job application.

I have to say at this point the sheer delight it is to manage players that can play football. Which when comparing against the MLS and Mexican teams these are a joy to watch....or not as stressful anyway.

Santos were sitting at the top when I joined Corinthians. They ended the season winning against Figueirense 2-0, loosing to Vitoria 1-2 and then drawing with Sport 0-0.

Altético Mineiro were 2nd and finished the season with a 2-1 win against Vitoria, a 1-0 win against Santa Cruz and a 1-1 draw with Bahia.

Vasco after loosing to us then beat Flamengo 2-0 and then finished the season loosing to Gremio 3-6.

Gremio were in 4th place and finished with a 0-1 defeat to Atlético Paranaense, a 1-0 win against Fluminense and a 6-3 win over Vasco.

The end result is Altético Mineiro won the Brazillian First Division by two points, Corinthians finished 2nd, Vasco 3rd, Gremio 4th and Santos who'd turned down one of my many job applications finished 5th.

It was an exciting end to the long job hunt and It'd have been silly if I'd have won the league. On the plus side by finishing 2nd we've qualified for the Copa Libertadores.

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups (USA)

1/5 club continental championships (NACL)

International

0/2 world tournaments

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                           Leagues        Cups
Season       Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
2015  	USA  Seattle        1st              won
2015/16 MEX  Querétaro               3rd   		Won
2016	BRA  Corinthians    2nd

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes

Why didn't you stay at Querétaro to try and win the league with them?

I'd gotten frustrated by the quality of my teams defending and then really annoyed at the fixture pile up, for no discernible reason, which was followed by a long break in fixtures.

It just built up and I just wanted to get out of there. Of course I'd forgotten that they'd be in the Club World Cup.

Ah well, an opportunity missed but I can't complain. I've been getting ready for the new season with Corinthians and I hadn't realised how large a club it is. It's like getting the Liverpool job.

Blackdevil That was my expectations with Corinthians also, but it shouldnt be a big problem. Just remember to have a big squad, in my time with Corinthians I ended up playing 3 games in 4 days :p lol

But you might set some amazing goalscoring records if you have a few good strikers there.

Vikeologist's 2042/43 Newcastle, South Africa and Brazil End of Season Report

th?id=OIP.M2a29c24c9186d66d6eace673f49735b5H0&pid=15.1

Yet another disappointing season where we didn’t win anything. We went out of the League and Euro cup on away goals. We reached the FA Cup Final and lost 1-0 to Arsenal. A bad start in the league meant we were always playing catch up. We went into the last day with a mathematical chance of finishing 4th and qualifying for the Champions League. All we needed was to beat Man City and for all the other top sides to lose at home to bottom of the table sides. Man City needed a win as well, and the AI seemed to know that in an end to end 1-1- draw. That consigned us to 7th. In my three complete seasons we’ve finished 5th, 6th and 7th, so just another 11 seasons before we are relegated.

I promised quite a few of my squad that we would qualify for the Champions league, so I may have to sell some of my best players over the summer.

Regardless, I think we should win the premier league easily next season. The trouble is that I thought that this season as well. All 3 of my seasons here have been derailed by poor starts, so our next pre-season will be morale-boosting matches against minnows.

20/21	Kaizer Chiefs / China	2nd		Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2023	Seoul			1st		Won South Korean League								2nd domestic league
2024	Seoul / Brazil U23	3rd		Won FA Cup									2nd domestic cup
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28	Dalian / Ivory Coast	11th		Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
31/2	Hertha Berlin		6th		German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33	Hertha Berlin/S Korea	6th		UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36	Dortmund / Colombia	2nd		German cup winners.
36/37	Barcelona / Colombia	2nd		CL Q/F. 	Confederations Cup Finalists 					CWC
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
39/40	Holland			n/a		Won European Championship							European Championship
40/41	Sochaux	/ South Africa	7th		Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42	Newcastle/South Africa	5th		FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43	Newcastle / Brazil	6th		CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round
43/44	Newcastle / Brazil	7th		FA Cup Finalists

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
7/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)
1/1 club world championship

International
1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

7un0Wi2.jpg?1

Took Over After 6 Games, Sitting In 5th Place. Put A Run Together Off W28 D2 L2 . Won The League By 9 Points From Corinthians

In The Club World Championship As They Won League Last Year

YcpldmX.jpg?1

Won The Group By Winning All My Games , Against Chile, Mexico U23 And Ecuador. Q/F 3-1 Against Argentina , Semi-Final 4-0 Against Chile.

The Final Was Against Uruguay Which Was Won 4-0

hMpGhkA.jpg?1

Dortmund Offered Me The Job Of Manager , So Took Over And Left Palmeiras Sitting Top After 20 Games

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season                Club                Leagues                 Cups                                                  Other & Notes
                                         1st      2nd            1st        2nd       Cont           CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14  SANFD        African Warriors                                                                               Loaded China Which Starts In Dec 2013
2014/15  SANFD        African Warriors    1st                     SA FACup                                
2015/16  SAPL         African Warriors    5th                     SA FACup   SA KO                        Manager Of The Year
2016/17  SAPL         African Warriors    1st                     SA FACup   SA KO                        Manager Of The Year. Won Also Super 8 Cup/African Super Cup
2017/18  SAPL         African Warriors    1st                                                  ACL               Resigned After Winning African Champions League
2017     MLS          Real Salt Lake                                                                      Took Over After They Finished 6th. Can Get Use To The Transfer System
2018     MLS          Real Salt Lake      1st                     US Cup                                  Won Rocky Mountain Cup. Can't Put It As Second Cup Only Between RSL & Colorado
2018/19  WPL          Bangor City         7th                     Welsh Cup                               Would Have Finished 2nd But League Splits In 2. Resigned And Aplied For Palmeiras
2019     BNFD         Palmeiras           1st                     B Cup                 C Lib    CWC         Took Over After They Finished 4th. Also Won The Copa Sudamericana
2020     BNFD         Palmeiras                                                                           Winning The South American Recopa. What I Thought Was The South American's Champions 

League, And Forgot About The Club World Championship (Idiot).
2019/20  GFD          Dortmund                                                                            Offered Me The Job After Finishing 6th Last Season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season   Nation      Cups                                                                                        Other & Notes
                           World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America

2016     Uruguay U23                                                                                     Took Over The Under 23 Finished 3rd Place In The Olympic Games
2017     South Africa                    1st                                                             Win Over Another Suprise Finalist CANADA 4-2.Resigned Didn't Think About Copa America
2018     Brazil                                                                                          First Game In Charge Against Argentina 2-2 Won On Pen's.
2019     Brazil                                                                            1st           After A Convincing Win Over Uruguay 4-0 In The Final

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues (South Africa-USA-Brazil)
3/10 Domestic Cup (South Africa-USA-Wales-Brazil)
2/5  Continentals Cups (Africa-Brazil)
1/1  Club World Cup

International

2/5 Continental Tournaments (Confederation Cup-Copa America)
0/2 World Tournaments

I was active a good few months back, I think my last update was back on page 4, loaded up my save a few nights ago and got the FM bug back :D

Yeah, I thought I had seen an early update for you, but my memory isn't what it used to be! :) Hope your save is going well, I'm just waiting for the window to end before writing up my next update myself!

Atlético Mineiro Season Review 2022/2023

1035.png

League Table - 2nd

With the Asian Champions League under my belt I headed off to Brazil, Atlético Mineiro dispensed with their manager after finishing as runners up in the season gone and I swooped in and got the job. Now first let me say, managing in Brazil was a total slog, we played 80 matches in this one season alone, actually glad I got a season in Brazil but I can safely say it will be my last! Finished 2nd to Cruzeiro, it went down to the last game of the season, both on 81 points, we lost 1-0 to already relegated Vasco and they stuffed one of the also-rans to claim the title, bugger. Managed to scrape my way to the Brazilian Cup semi's losing out to Palmeiras on penalties, double bugger.

On a majorly positive note we took down the Copa Libertadores had a tight opening game away at Boca managing to somehow steal a 1-1 draw and then taking them back to our gaff for a jolly good stuffing 5-0.

As the Club World Championships were a mere 6 days after the season had finished I stayed on to give it a crack, stuffed Busan Park 5-0 and was drawn against Porto in the final, sadly went down fighting 3-2 in extra time with 10 men for 110 minutes, so close and yet so far! CWC Final

Decided to call it a day in Brazil, bit disappointed I couldn't add a title or a domestic cup to the list, but taking down the Copa Libertadores at the first try will have to do!

2014/15   Jomo Cosmos         1st                South African National First Division
2015/16   Ajax CT             1st                South African Premier Soccer League
2016/17   Ajax CT             5th                South African Premier Soccer League
2017/18   Ajax CT             1st                South African Premier Soccer League
2018/19   Ajax CT             1st                South African Premier Soccer League
2019/20   Ajax CT             1st                South African Premier Soccer League
2020/21   Beijing             1st                Chinese Super League
2021/22   Beijing             1st                Chinese Super League
2022/23   Atlético Mineiro    2nd                Brazilian National First Division

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, China)
2/10 domestic cups (South Africa, China)
3/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, South America)

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

I now find myself as manager of Mexican side Cruz Azul, they are sitting in 10th spot in the Closing League and into the semi finals of the North American CL, which hand on heart I had no idea they were still in it when I was given the job :D

Vikeologist - Unlucky in The FA Cup, hopefully things will take an upward turn around next season.

Pug 407 - Good spell with Palmeiras and good jump to Dortmund.

Super_Gord - I felt similar in Mexico when winning the NACL. Once I had that in the bag I couldn't wait to get out of there :) For some reason the North American leagues don't do it for me.

Hopefully I'll have an update on my progress with Corinthian's tomorrow evening or possibly Tuesday. Into the last 10 games of the First division campaign and the cup to finish....hopefully :)

Great to see both new and experienced contributors to this challenge making progress.

Hope you can turn things around with Newcastle vike.

I have had some time to play lately, but just 2 games here, a few months there, but never had time to sit down and write a season report. Sorry for that, but hopefully during tuesday or wednesday I should finally be able to provide that season report from Celtic at least.

Pug 407 - Good spell with Palmeiras and good jump to Dortmund

Hopefully I'll have an update on my progress with Corinthian's tomorrow evening or possibly Tuesday. Into the last 10 games of the First division campaign and the cup to finish....hopefully :)

Cheers

You'll Need A Load Of Good Player's , Because You Play So Many Games . Sometimes 4 Games A Week.

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2035/36 – Celtic / South Korea

After Leaving Olympiakos, I knew I only needed one more domestic cup title to finish the club part of this challenge. I really hoped it would be an opening in Scotland as they have both FA Cup and League Cup, thus a double chance. But in Scotland there is only one team to consider and that is Celtic. Celtic did the double the previous season and I didn’t expect to get a chance there and started to look for German teams that I might win the DFB-Pokal with. But then Sunderland offered Brendan Rogers a chance to come back to Premier League. He grabbed it with open arms, and I thought what a jerk!!! I jumped to Celtic and got the best team in Scotland by far. Changed around in the team a bit as always, and managed to secure Cristhian Mancheno from Sporting CP so I knew I would have a constant goalscorer.

Board expectations Celtic: Win League, win FA Cup, win League Cup, Competitive in Champions League.

At the start of the season we played a lot of friendlies to garner some income. So the players where almost a bit tired when we played Zalgiris from Lithuania in 2nd qualifying round of Champions League. We “only” managed a 3-0 win away, before we hit a thumping 11-0 win at home. We had a lot of decent players and could change around on the team without much trouble at domestic games. The only concern was to keep all the players happy. The League was not something I needed to win for the sake of this challenge, but to keep the job it would be important. Its not much to write about but the 38 games went on to become 35-2-1. We didn’t score as many goals as I would have liked but stopped at 123.

In the 3rd qualifying round for Champions League we got Cliftonville and won 5-0 on aggregate. To qualify for Champions League itself we had to beat Rosenborg from Norway. No problem there either winning 6-2 on aggregate. We then got a group with Porto, Milan and Viktoria Plzen. We lost 1-2 to Porto away, won 4-3 home to Plzen and won 1-0 away to Milan. After those games I expected us to qualify for Knockout Rounds which would make the board very happy. But then we lost home to Milan 1-2, which would prove to be very decisive. We drew 2-2 at home to Porto and the same score away to Plzen. 8 points was the same as Milan who then progressed due to away goals rule in out internal games. We finished 3rd and went into Europa League.

In the League Cup we started at home to Alloa winning 2-0. Quarter Final away to Motherwell and a 4-0 comfortable win secured a place in the Semi Finals. There a 3-0 win to Ross County at Hampden Park meant we could go back to play the Final against rivals Rangers to set up a possible club finish for me. On loan Ross Delgado from America (MEX) scored both the goals in the final and I got the 10th different nation domestic cup title in the bag.

In the FA Cup we started in 4th round with 6-1 at home to St.Mirren. 3-0 at home to Hamilton in the 5th Round. In the Quarter Final we had to play twice after a rare 0-0 away to Dundee Utd. Then we won 5-0 at home in the replay. 4-1 in the Semi Final to Hibernian on neutral ground meant another Cup Final. We beat Aberdeen in the end only by 4-3 after leading 4-0 with 6 minutes to go. So another title in the bag.

Europa League we faced Feyenoord in 1st KO Round, and won 7-4 on aggregate. LOSC Lille in 2nd KO Round was beaten 8-4 on aggregate. Southampton in the Quarter Final 10-4 after loosing the first game 3-4 and then winning 7-0 at home. Ajax in the Semi Final 5-2 on aggregate to setup a Final against Schalke which we won 1-0. Europa League winners with 4 different teams.

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Cristhian Mancheno - 65 goals

Top performer: Andreas Storgaard – 7,94 Av.rat

Top assists: Andreas Storgaard – 24 assists

The following season 2036/37 I stayed with Celtic to have a team to manage and see if I could do even better and maybe win Champions League.

To be honest for the first time since the start of this challenge I started to loose a bit of motivation for the game. There is just 2 international trophies left to win, and international management is not my fun part of the game. I found my self also for the first time holidaying some unimportant League games with Celtic and I guess that sealed my fate. (I never holiday games before , and still never holiday games with South Korea not even friendlies. But as I dont need to win anything more with Celtic I started doing it).

Short story, Celtic won everything in Scotland again, but I pressed a wrong button when holidaying a few games in the league near the end of the seaon it meant I never played the second leg of Champions League Semi Final. We had beaten Schalke 4-3 away and where supposed to reach the Final to maybe bring Champions League glory to Scotland. But my assistant manager lost 1-3 at home to Schalke and we where out. (I had gon eon holiday 1 week too long, I never reload or any cheats like that, so Champions League was lost due to this mistake.)

I then decided enough was enough with club football, and resigned to only take control of South Korea.

With South Korea we had to play 10 games in 2036/37 to qualify for World Cup, I was expected to do so easily and had a group with Jordan, Japan, Iraq, Qatar and Lebanon. South Korea has a really good striker playing for Toulouse, a few good midfielders where I rely on experienced Lee Jong Hwan who played for me at Suwon and Sporting CP and a few good defenders. Its nothing extraordinary except the really good striker, but still the total team should be the best in Asia, maybe together with Japan.

9 wins and 1 loss away to Japan early in the campaign when my team was not used to the tactics. We went easily to the World Cup. We also participated in the East Asia Cup and won that competition after 2 wins and a draw to Japan.

We played a few friendlies in the build up to the 2038 World Cup. We lost heavily to USA but won 4 other games. Luckily I felt the board only wanted us to be ”competitive” in the World Cup. We got USA (again) , Uruguay and Russia in the Group Stage. I just wanted to survive in the job so played the best possible team in all games knowing it would make them tired if we reach the KO stages.

South Korea – USA 5-3

South Korea – Uruguay 1-0

South Korea – Russia 3-1

South Korea – Senegal (2nd Round) 3-4 a.e.t.

Did the mistake 3-1 up against Senegal to sub my star striker thinking of resting him a bit before the Quarter Finals when Senegal turned it around and we never came back.

I kept my job though with a very happy board. After starting as nation number 44 in the World, we where now number 9.

In January 2039 we would finally play Asia Cup.

We got a group with Hong Kong, Uzbekistan and Japan.

South Korea – Hong Kong (Group Stage) 2-0

Goals: Na Ki-Oh 2. We totally dominated Hong Kong and I dont know how we only scored two goals. Na Ki-Oh is another player I had in Suwon and he is maybe the 4th best striker, but still could run around any player Hong Kong would put on the field. He scored twice but we really should have scored a lot more.

South Korea – Uzbekistan (Group Stage) 6-1

Goals: Lee Tae Hong 3, Choi Jin-Ho, Na Ki-Oh 2. With just 2 days gone since the first game, I had to field almost the best possible team for this game. Superstriker Choi Jin-Ho scored and setup up plenty of chances for the others and they bowed gently and we smashed in 6 goals in total. More concerning though we got our second and third mifield players injured. It meant out of 6 midfielders in the squad we now only had 3 players left and they would hve to play every minute for the rest of the championships. They would be totally exhausted by this.

South Korea – Japan (Group Stage) 3-4

Goals: Park Yong-Koo, Kim Sang-Jin, Na Ki-Oh. We went 0-2 down to come back to og 3-2 up before another minor inury happend and we had to finish the game with a striker playing midfield. Anyway we had rested players in this game as it didnt matter a lot if we won or not. We finished 2nd in the Group to Japan. But more concern was that Japan where getting our bogey-team. We have played them 4 times now, with 1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses.

South Korea – Jordan (2nd Round) 4-0

Goals: Lee Tae-Hong, Kim Sang-Jin 3. Sang-Jin is the second best striker and he provided the show against Jordan, a comfortable four goal win, and we could early in the game put some other players into midfield to give the midfielders a hugely needed rest.

South Korea – Tajikistan (Quarter Final) 6-0

Goals: Choi Jin-Ho 3, Kim Sang-Jin, Lee Jong-Hwan, Na Ki-Oh. An even more comfortable win, 4-0 up at half time, I rotated as much as I could in the second half to rest the players before the Semis. We would play either Japan or Syria. Please could Syria just beat Japan?

South Korea – Syria (Semi Final) 3-1

Goals: Choi Jin-Ho 2, Kim Sang-Jin. Syria did win after extra time against Japan. This game really showed the class of Choi Jin-Ho again, and we where 3-0 up at half time. Would probably have won more, but a red card on a centre back meant we had to be careful in the second half. In the end a nice 3-1 victory.

South Korea – North Korea (FINAL) 2-0

Goals: Lee Jong-Hwan, Park Yong-Koo. In the end a derby match with North Korea. My long term servant Lee Jong-Hwan scored the important first goal. He was 34 years already and not really first eleven material, but all the injuries in midfield made him important. The final was played with some nerves but when we made it 2-0 after half an hour it was cruise control from there on in.

Winners and only 1 trophy left of this challenge Copa America. Will I have to wait all the way until 2043???

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

12/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura), Holland, Germany, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Portugal, Scotland) COMPLETED!

14/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil, Holland, Spain, South Africa KO Cup, South Africa FA Cup, Portugal FA Cup, Portugal League Cup, Greek Cup, Scottish FA Cup, Scottish League Cup) 10 different nations , COMPLETED!

5/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America, Africa, Asia) COMPLETED!

1/1 club world championship (Roma) COMPLETED!

International

4/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Europe, North America, Asia)

2/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France and Paraguay, Confederations Cup with Italy) COMPLETED!

13 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League (France 2 times, Italy), French Champions Trophy, Europa League (both with Paris SG, Ajax, Dortmund and Celtic), Sao Paulo State Championship, Be The Coach (South Africa), Super 8(South Africa), African Super Cup, African Confederations Cup.

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX), World Cup (France, Paraguay), SA Premier League (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA KO Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA FA Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), Korean K League Classic (Suwon 2 times), Scottish Premiership (Celtic 2 times), Scottish FA Cup (Celtic 2 times), Scottish League Cup (Celtic 2 times)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

2025/26 Ajax, Played in Eresdivsie. Won the league (fifteenth club landmark), won the Dutch Cup (sixteenth club landmark), won Europa League. Left the club at the end of the season.

2026/27 Dortmund, Played in Bundesliga. Won the league on goal difference (seventeenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of DFB Pokal, won Europa League. Manager of the year in Bundesliga. Didn't leave club at end of season, but applied for other jobs.

2027/28 Real Madrid, Played in La Liga. Won the league (eighteenth club landmark), won Copa Del Rey (nineteenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of Champions League. Spanish Manager of The Year. Left the club at the end of the season.

2028/29 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league (twentieth club landmark), won SA KO Cup (twentyfirsth club landmark), won SA FA Cup (twentysecond club landmark), won Super 8, won Be the Coach, currently top of group in Confederations Cup. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2029/30 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league, won SA KO Cup, won SA FA Cup, won Super 8, won Be The Coach, won African Confederations Cup, won African Super Cup, currently top of group in Champions League. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2030/31 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League, Won Be The Coach, Won Super 8, Won African Champions League (twentythird club landmark). Resigned at top of the table, club went on to win 6 titles that season.

2031 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league (twentyfourth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Qualified for Asian Champions League. Manager of the season.

2032 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league, won Asian Champions League (twentyfifth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Left the club after winning, didn't play the Club World Cup.

2033/34 Sporting CP, Played in Primeira Liga, Won the league, won Taca de Portugal (twenty-sixth club landmark), won League Cup, lost in 2nd KO Round of Europa League, Manager of the season, Manager of the month 2 times. Left the club after the season

2034/35 Olympiakos, Played in Greek Superleague. 2nd in the league, won the Europa places playoffs to qualify for Champions League. Won the Greek Cup (ninth different nation to win a domestic cup), 3rd in Manager of the year, left the club after the season.

2035/36 Celtic, Played in Scottish Premiership. Won the League, won FA Cup, won League Cup, knocked out in Group Stage of Champions League on away goals to Milan (same points), but then won Europa League. Manager of the month 9 times.

2036/37 Celtic, Played in Scottish Premiership Won the League, won FA Cup, won League Cup, knocked out in Semi Final of Champions League. Manager of the month 4 times.

Managerial career national teams:

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, qualified in 3rd position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

2026 Paraguay, Won World Cup, left the nation as number 1 in the World Rankings.

2026 France, joined in 10th position on World Rankings, won group stage of Nations League

2027 France, won Nations League, played 2 games of Euro Championships Qualifiers so far. Currently 7th in World Rankings

2028 France, Qualified easily for Euro Championships. Knocked out in 2nd round of Euro Championships by Ukraine. Left Nation before getting sacked as 11th in World Rankings.

2028 Spain, joined nation as 3rd in the World Rankings. Relegated to Nations Div. B.

2029 Spain, Qualified for World Cup with 9 wins out of 10.

2030 Spain, Knocked out of World Cup at Quarter Finals by Germany after extra time. Sacked at 12th in World Rankings.

2030 Italy, Took over in 3rd in World Rankings, qualified for finals of Nations League

2031 Italy, Won Nations League, Qualified easily for Euro Championships, currently 4th in World Rankings

2032 Italy, Won EURO Championships (third international landmark), Silver medalists of Olympics, qualified for Nations League Semi Final, currently 1st in World Rankings.

2033 Italy, Won Confederations Cup (fourth international landmark), Left the Nation as Number one in the World Rankings.

2033 Mexico, Took over Nation in 3rd in World Rankings and 2nd in World Cup Qualifying Group. Won 4 games and won the World Cup Qualifying Group. Still 3rd in World Rankings.

2034 Mexico, Reach Second Round of World Cup, knocked out by France a.e.t.

2035 Mexico. Lost in the Final of Copa America with U23 team. Won Gold Cup (fifth international landmark), left the nation as 8th in the World Rankings.

2036 South Korea, Took over Nation in 44th in World Rankings. Played one game a 3-1 win against Philippines. Already qualified for final Group Stage of World Cup Qualifiers and Qualified for 2039 Asia Cup.

2037 South Korea, Qualified easily for World Cup. Won East Asia Cup.

2038 South Korea, Reached 2nd Round of World Cup, lost in extra time to Senegal.

2039 South Korea, Won Asia Cup, after 2-0 against North Korea in final. (sixth international landmark). Left the nation as 11th in World Rankings.

So close and yet so far away still... ;)

Yes, I looked for Mexico U23 to see if I could have another go with them 5 months later. (But not sure how people would have felt if I managed only Mexico U23 and not the full Mexican team).

No matter I couldn't find a place to apply for the job, and once I looked into it closer to Copa America 2039, it was already taken.

Brazil won Copa America (for the first time since game start, and they have never won World Cup either). Argentina was knocked out already in the Quarter Finals. Their manager got sacked and I wanted to apply for the job. But the game simulated 1 day past the tournament and already the day after sacking their manager Argentina had a new manager already.

So now I am without a team or a nation, feels boring...

Archived