The Ultimate Football Manager

Congratulations TheEarl really almost there now. The Asian Champions League is easy, as South Korean champions you should be able to win it first try. Only possible challenge could be another Korean team. Also Italy seems like the right nation to progress in the international part of this challenge.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations TheEarl really almost there now.

Except all those national team trophies can take a looong time to gather. ;)

Still a great achievement, though, to get 10 league championships - as the first challenger, I believe... :applause::thup:

Congratulations TheEarl really almost there now. The Asian Champions League is easy, as South Korean champions you should be able to win it first try. Only possible challenge could be another Korean team. Also Italy seems like the right nation to progress in the international part of this challenge.

In terms of Salary per annum Suwon is 10M pounds behind Guanghzou from China, but never met them so dont know how much a threat they will pose, then the 2 other Korean teams should be the only difficulties.

Jambo 98 Ultimate Manger Challenge - Season 1 2014/15 - Santos FC

Santos_round_logo.png

So off we go. I landed in the South African second division, that footballing hot bed..........

Division - South African National First

Final League Position - 2nd (promoted)

Cups - Lost in 2nd round :(

A reasonable first season. We were tipped for mid table, but i made some good additions pre-season. An experienced right back, an exciting looking young LB prospect and a few good wide men. My fave being a winger named Junior Khanye who has that classic combo of 20 flair, and not much else........

The season started well, and we hit the top of the league earlier. We had a very promising 17yr old striker who was being monitored by big clubs but was a little inconsistent. I made the decision pre-season to rely on him as my main striker and we lacked any decent back up through the first part of the season. In January i signed a loan striker who turned out to be a gem - 11 goals in 13 appearances. We were top of the league for a long time but a late blip pushed us down to second place.

We entered a mini league with the 3rd place team and the second bottom team from the top league, and we cruised it. Winning our first 3 games 3 nil, 3 nil, 5 nil. (each team places each other twice). We lost the dead rubber but it didnt matter. were were promoted.

Unfortunately our cup chances were ended by the wonderfully named Chippa Utd.

Think i will need to spend another year at Santos, as with my reputation i got laughed off when i applied for sides in Slovakia and Poland. I will see if i can make a run at the top league, but i doubt we can overcome the big names in just one season.

I will add a list of achievements towards the challenge........well, as soon as i have any to report!

Jambo98 -

Keep an eye out for jobs in the South African top flight... I had two different saves that both started with SA Premier teams, one was Swallows and the other Black Aces, and I know vikeologist also managed at Swallows. Usually, as long as you aren't trying to get the Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, or SuperSport United jobs right out of the gate, you usually will get a Premier League opportunity starting in South Africa.

Not that there is anything wrong with building a National First Division club up... but you definitely can get in the Premier with a bit of patience.

(EDIT: Never mind, I see at the end of your post that you were already promoted, so you're in better shape with your own foundation anyway!) :D Best of luck to you, new challenger! :D

Wuzhou - Chinese second division - 2016

We've been predicted to finish mid-table in 9th position and that is same as the board demanded. But we were much better whole season. We were most of the season between 2nd and 7th place. A good run at the end of the season kept us in the promotion race. A win in the last game of the season secured a 2nd place and an unpredicted but deserved promotion.

Games

Cup: A very good run. We've eliminated a premier league team in the 2nd round but been kicked out by another premier league team after penalty's in the 3th round. The biggest problem is that there are no foreign players in the cup games, and 3 of our key players this season were Brazilian. I think we could get further in the cup if I could play all of my players.

Transfers: the first 2 players of the list didn't deliver what I expected of them. The other new players were key to our succes, and the 3 Brazilian players were the stand-out players. Also a lot of deathwood have been released.

Finances: Terrible. A pay out of €1.1M on bonusses put us in the situation. For next season we get a wage-budget of only 25k, so I think we gone struggle next season. Also this fininacial troubles means that I can't start on any training courses. I'll start next season with this team and try to strenghten were possible, but if any oppertunity comes up, I'm out.

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

1/10 domestic cups: Indonesian cup

0/5 club continental championships

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season         Club           Pos   Cup       DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    IND  Persik           2nd  WINNERS    n/a    n/a     [b]Cup-winners[/b], resigned after the season
2015    CHN  Wuzhou           13h  n/a        n/a    n/a     Took over with 5 games to go
2016    CHN  Wuzhou           2nd  3th round  n/a    n/a     [b]Promoted[/b]

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014     -
2015     -
2016     -

After showing some interest in 2 other jobs the bWuzhou board gave me an ultimatum. Apologize or resign, so I resigned.

2 weeks later I have a new job, and it's a big step up for me. Straight to a good Chinese premier league team with a large transfer budget and large wage budget compairing with Wuzhou.

Meet the new manager of Fuli. :) They finished 6th last season in the Premier league.

Bartrcm - I think China's quite tough financially. In my save clubs regularly got into financial difficulty, and as I've mentioned before, the club I started with in my first and quickly aborted try at this challenge were in the worst shape I've seen on football manager. Fuli should be a good club to be in charge of, though if you can get a job at Guangzhou when they're not in the midst of committing financial suicide, that might be a good further move, assuming you can't achieve all your objectives with Fuli. Of course, Fuli are in the city of Guangzhou, so you'd probably be executed if you betrayed them.

Earl - Further to what I just wrote, the fact that Guangzhou are spending that much more money than you doesn't mean they can sustain it. Anyway, congratulations on being the first to get the 10 leagues.

dllu - The thing about the international side of things is that it might take absolutely ages. On the other hand, if your international team is very good, you can achieve a lot very quickly. At one point I was only doing international management with Holland, and nearly picked up the World Cup, European Championship and confederations cup in three consecutive days. (I think. Memory may be faulty). Of course I lost in the Confederations Cup final and so in the 70 or so consecutive days since winning the European championship I have won absolutely nothing challenge eligible, (and indeed picked up my first non-eligible thing this morning with the Superclassico with Brazil). So, international mopping up could be very fast or very slow.

The curious thing may be that some of us may end up managing more international teams than domestic. I'm on my 13th club and 11th international job (9 of which have been senior international jobs). I'd really like to think that I'll only need another 3 club jobs, but God only knows how many international jobs I'll end up having, and will probably have to manage some nations twice, if they'll have me.

After showing some interest in 2 other jobs the bWuzhou board gave me an ultimatum. Apologize or resign, so I resigned.

2 weeks later I have a new job, and it's a big step up for me. Straight to a good Chinese premier league team with a large transfer budget and large wage budget compairing with Wuzhou.

Meet the new manager of Fuli. :) They finished 6th last season in the Premier league.

Are you APPLYING or declaring interest? It usually doesn't come to a board ultimatum unless you are actively applying for new positions.

Jambo 98 Ultimate Manger Challenge - Season 2 - 2015/16 - Santos FC

Santos_round_logo.png

So it continues.....

Division - South African Premiership

Final League Position - 4th (Past Positions)

Cups - South African Cup Winners!

A very cliched "season of two halfs". We started terrible. Losing 5 of our first 7 games, and it looked like we had failed to strengthen enough in the close season. In truth, we struggled to find greater quality. We replaced one non SA goalkeeper with another, and beyond that it was mainly squad players and a couple of loanees. We also sold our young star striker to Torino but agreed a 1 year loan back as part of the deal. So we boosted the coffers without immediately weakening the team.

After hitting the bottom of the league, i tweaked my tactic a little. Going from 451 to 4411 with some positional tweaks and good lord did it turn things around! We won 10 of our next 11 league games to blow right up the table. In January we made only one signing, a free striker from an agent offer out of Serbia, to allow us to play our main young star (the Torino one) just off the front. It worked very well and we contintued to roll.

We plateu'd at top 5, but meantime we started a run in the SA cup which eventually brought us our first trophy of this challenge. The final ended up a bit of a cruise, compared to a crazy 5 v 4 AET win in the quarters at Supersport.

So one cup in the bag, no league. Can we win the title here, or are we best to move on? There is the question.......

Achievements / Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups: South African Cup

International

0/2 world tournaments

History

F9UzLZY.png

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2032 – Suwon / Italy

Just a short mid-season update this time. As the season with Suwon will go on until late 2032, I had a EURO Championship with Italy in the middle of the season.

We won 2 friendly games in the run up to the Championships beating Sweden and Bosnia. Our group pitted us against Slovenia, Norway and France.

Italy - Slovenia Groupstage 3-0

Goals from Halilaj, Mercuri 2. In this game we played what I considered my 2nd team, as tougher games would come later and we needed to preserve some energy for that. Easy game that we dominated from the start.

Italy - Norway Groupstage 1-0

Goal from Mercuri. Once again played the 2nd team and Mercuri gave us the lead before 30 mins was played. We dominated the game but didn't create as many chances as we wanted.

Italy - France Groupstage 7-0

Goals from Serao 3, Mercuri, Pizzi, Panzavolta, Panzeri. What a game, fielded the best possible team and they where eager to show what they could do. Former Ballon d'Or winner Claudio Serao was on fire against my former team. We where 4-0 up at half time when defender Petroli was sent off and I thought second half would be difficult was France just never had a chance.

Italy - Romania 2nd Round 3-1

Goals from Borneo 2, Serao. We fielded again a sort of 2nd team, with Serao coming on as a sub. We took the lead early on, but Romania equalized a minute later after an own goal. Our first conceded goal of the tournament. Bringing on Serao did the trick though and we won comfortable in the end.

Italy - Wales Quarter Final 7-0

Goals from Serao 3, Pizzi, Mercuri 2, Gori. Fielded a strong team again and host nation Wales (together with Scotland), never stood a chance. 6-0 at half time meant we put on cruise control in the second half. Gori, Pizzi and Serao are some of the worlds best footballers.

Italy - Belgium Semi Final 4-0

Goals from Serao, Mercuri, Pizzi 2. Belgium had the top goalscorer of the tournament until this game. A lad with 20 in Acceleration upfront. He was put on the bench due to fatigue, but we had rested our players far better. This did the trick for the game and we won easily by 4 goals.

Italy - Germany Final X-X

We had to play the final with out our superstar left-back Gori as he was injured in training before the final. Still we had 2 more rest days than the Germans, and I felt comfortable of finally winning an international trophy again. We powered on for the entire first half with out getting a goal it seemed until the 45th minute when Serao finally scored 1-0 for us. We where getting a bit fatigued in the second half but so was the Germans. German defender Otto then scored an own goal in the 57th minute and we where 2-0 up. We hung on and WON the EURO Championship 2032 finally another international landmark to my belt and we qualified for Confederations Cup. Before that I will take Italy to the Olympics in Germany.

Final score: Italy - Germany 2-0

Jambo 98 Ultimate Manger Challenge - Season 3 - 2016/17 - Port Vale (ish...)

photo.jpg

Well there is a lesson in humility......2 seasons of moderate success, and you think your billy big b*ws......

Division - English League 2

Final League Position - Resigned whilst 17th

Cups - N/A

Well that went well.......after 2 years in SA, and a cup win, i felt that Santos would always struggle to take the next step and win the league. So i resigned and set off in search of pastures new. I felt sure id get a top division club in somewhere like Slovakia, Poland, Sweden......maybe even Argentina, USA or China (all those leagues are now loaded). A few months passed...a few interviews, including a couple in sweden i would have loved to get (Djurgardens and Hacken) but i was passed over each time. Suddenly its January and i have no job still. This is desperate. I clearly massively over estimated my own value.

In desperation, i decide to accept a non top division job for a few months at least. Championship clubs laugh me off, no league 1 available so i apply for league 2 Port Vale, who sit firmly in mid table (15th). I take over on 30th January, the day before transfer deadline day. The club is a mess. We have no transfer funds, are a good bit over wage budget, and the squad is weak and unbalanced. I really havent thought this through.......

With no signings possible (cant off load anyone in the 1 day left) i have to soldier on with this squad and it is soul destroying. Not least with league 2's heavy schedule (46 game season!!).

To cut a long story short, i resigned just 62 days into the job, with the team 2 places lower than when i started. Horrible decision on my part to firstly resign from Santos, then take this job.

However, every cloud.......i did manage to bag a top division job next for next season. I am off to China, where the season is midway and i have joined the second bottom club....update to follow.....

Achievements / Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups: South African Cup - Santos FC

International

0/2 world tournaments

History

nXScs1V.png

Jambo the start is all about patience until you can build your reputation. You definitely could have stayed with Santos, but actually I think Port Vale could have been just good choice for you. England is a good place in the game to build reputation. As you can see from my save game I started even way down in Conference League and stayed almost 2 seasons with Bristol Rovers with double promotion before I got a job with Brighton then stayed 1,5 seasons there with promotion to Premier League before I got offered a job at Wolfsburg. Then when you start winning trophies in big European countries and/or Brazil etc. then you can pretty much get any job you want after that.

I can see joining Port Vale just a day before Transfer Deadline was a bit of annoying but if you had stayed with them until next season, for sure you could have built around the squad. Anyway good luck and as I said patience is the key to the start of this challenge!

But which Chinese club have you joined?

As I mention frequently, Chinese football in the game seems to reflect the periodically catastrophic financial hellhole that it is in real life, though it can't fully reflect the comedy of paying world class players a fortune to play alongside Sunday league players.

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2032 – Suwon / Italy

Second season with Suwon gave me really two tasks to win Asian Champions League was priority one, and to win the Korean FA Cup was priority two. Obviously I would need to do well in the league to keep my job also. Even though we went minus figures last season financially the board upped my budgets heavily and we could bring in some good Korean players, the Greek loanee striker was not contracted to us anymore so I opted to strengthen defense with a Swedish international to become my strongest defender pluss another Korean defender and a Korean midfielder. Upfront we got a player back from loan and had several other options.

Board expectations Suwon: Win the league, win the FA Cup (later changed to not important), win Asian Champions League.

We still lost a few games, and drew some matches here and there, but where far superior to all other teams Jeonbuk had gathered some momentum and finished 2nd this season, but with 6 games remaining we already had a 21 point gap and celebrated a second successive league title.

In the Champions League we went straight into the Group Stage where we got a group with Tampines (Singapore), Muangthong Utd (Thailand) and Osaka (Japan). We started very convincingly indeed with wins 5-0, 6-2 and 5-1. In the 3 last games of the Group Stage we could rotate the squad a bit more but still won all matches 2-0, 2-1 and 2-0. Osaka was the team that got closest to us they where 1-0 up at half-time but we turned it around for a 2-1 win.

Second Round saw possibly the worst draw of the tournament against Guangzhou (China), they where still a team with better finances than us but we where closing that gap as well. I looked at their team and for sure some of their foreigners where good, but also ageing and probably overpaid. Their Chinese players didn't look as good as my Korean players for sure. We still only managed 1-1 away after they took the lead and we had to play catch up. At home the same stor repeated itself, Guangzhou went ahead on our ground 1-0. We came back and did 1-1 before disaster struck. Andersson got sent off and Guangzhou scored 2-1 on a penalty. With some touch of brilliance two of my midfielders clawed us back in the game with goals in the 80th and 81st minute, 3-2 for us. I changed to defensive style for the last 10 mins or so and hung on for a brilliant 3-2 victory and 4-3 on aggregate.

In the meantime we participated in the Korean FA Cup as well, summer time is not a good time to play in Korea as players often are away on International duties but you still have to play games. Lower League team Icheon Korail was beaten comfortably 3-0 in the 3rd Round, but in the 4th Round we got trouble same as last season, we met Ulsan and got another red card, and in the end we lost on penalties 4-5 after the game itself ended 0-0. Out of the Korean Cup again, a big disappointment as I need more Cup trophies.

Quarter Final of Champions League and we me Osaka once more. 2-0 win at home was followed by an easy 4-1 win away, and totally 6-1 on aggregate. In the Semi Final we got Korean opposition for the first and only time in Champions League. Pohang was actually a team we didn't win against so far domestically this season, but I knew we had a far better team than them. 2-0 at home was a good start, and it became even better with a 3-0 win away and totally 5-0 on aggregate. That to set us up with a Final against Lekhwiya from Qatar. They where reigning champions and winner of the tournament 5 times in the last 6 seasons. However they only had 5 players not "greyed out" those 5 players where good and on high wages though. We started away this time and won 3-2 Seanego scored twice including a late penalty. Home game was sealed in the first half with two quick goals. 2-0 win at home and totally 5-2 on aggregate.

We where Asian Champions League winners and I had completed all 5 Champions League tournaments around the world. Now a few more cup titles and 4 more international trophies is whats left for me in this challenge.

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Mlungisi Seanego - 39 goals

Immediately after the Korean season was over I left the club to search for other clubs to manage. I didn't take part in the Club World Championships. The club finished 5th there after loosing to my former team America (MEX) in the Quarter Finals 1-0. Then they beat ES Setif in 5th place match 2-0.

I had the opportunity to apply for Guangzhou but after reading post from Vikeologist I decided that I want to go "home" to Europe and find a club that can challenge for a league title there. Currently in January 2033 I am still unemployed as far as club management is considered.

As mentioned in a separate post I won EURO Championships with Italy and are looking forward to Confederations Cup. In the meantime we also qualified for Nations League Semi Final after winning a Group with Serbia and Denmark. As a long time sports entusiast I have always looked upon the Olympics as the most prestigious sport event in the world. Football isn't so highly rated in the Olympics but when the opportunity came to take Italy U23 (with 3 overage players) to the 2032 Olympics in Germany I grabbed the opportunity. Only 18 players possible to register for the tournament ment it would be a challenge to keep players fit. Serao who is one of the maybe 3-4 best players in the world was a obvious choice for overage player, I brought one midfielder and a defender also. We got easily through the tournament and went all the way to the Final, only to be smashed 4-0 by Brazil. Brazil had by far the best team of the tournament with some really great U23 players and they won very deservedly. No shame taken as this is not one of the tasks that needs to be completed.

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura), Holland, Germany, Spain, South Africa, South Korea) COMPLETED!

9/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil, Holland, Spain, South Africa KO Cup, South Africa FA Cup) 7 different nations

5/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America, Africa, Asia) COMPLETED!

1/1 club world championship (Roma) COMPLETED

International

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Europe)

1/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France and Paraguay)

13 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League (France 2 times, Italy), French Champions Trophy, Europa League (both with Paris SG, Ajax and Dortmund), Sao Paulo State Championship, Be The Coach (South Africa), Super 8(South Africa), African Super Cup, African Confederations Cup.

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX), World Cup (France, Paraguay), SA Premier League (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA KO Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA FA Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), Korean K League Classic (Suwon 2 times)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

2025/26 Ajax, Played in Eresdivsie. Won the league (fifteenth club landmark), won the Dutch Cup (sixteenth club landmark), won Europa League. Left the club at the end of the season.

2026/27 Dortmund, Played in Bundesliga. Won the league on goal difference (seventeenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of DFB Pokal, won Europa League. Manager of the year in Bundesliga. Didn't leave club at end of season, but applied for other jobs.

2027/28 Real Madrid, Played in La Liga. Won the league (eighteenth club landmark), won Copa Del Rey (nineteenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of Champions League. Spanish Manager of The Year. Left the club at the end of the season.

2028/29 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league (twentieth club landmark), won SA KO Cup (twentyfirsth club landmark), won SA FA Cup (twentysecond club landmark), won Super 8, won Be the Coach, currently top of group in Confederations Cup. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2029/30 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league, won SA KO Cup, won SA FA Cup, won Super 8, won Be The Coach, won African Confederations Cup, won African Super Cup, currently top of group in Champions League. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2030/31 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League, Won Be The Coach, Won Super 8, Won African Champions League (twentythird club landmark). Resigned at top of the table, club went on to win 6 titles that season.

2031 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league (twentyfourth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Qualified for Asian Champions League. Manager of the season.

2032 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league, won Asian Champions League (twentyfifth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Left the club after winning, didn't play the Club World Cup.

Managerial career national teams:

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, qualified in 3rd position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

2026 Paraguay, Won World Cup, left the nation as number 1 in the World Rankings.

2026 France, joined in 10th position on World Rankings, won group stage of Nations League

2027 France, won Nations League, played 2 games of Euro Championships Qualifiers so far. Currently 7th in World Rankings

2028 France, Qualified easily for Euro Championships. Knocked out in 2nd round of Euro Championships by Ukraine. Left Nation before getting sacked as 11th in World Rankings.

2028 Spain, joined nation as 3rd in the World Rankings. Relegated to Nations Div. B.

2029 Spain, Qualified for World Cup with 9 wins out of 10.

2030 Spain, Knocked out of World Cup at Quarter Finals by Germany after extra time. Sacked at 12th in World Rankings.

2030 Italy, Took over in 3rd in World Rankings, qualified for finals of Nations League

2031 Italy, Won Nations League, Qualified easily for Euro Championships, currently 4th in World Rankings

2032 Italy, Won EURO Championships (third international landmark), Silver medalists of Olympics, qualified for Nations League Semi Final, currently 1st in World Rankings.

Earl - Guangzhou is by far the biggest Chinese club in the game, so most of the time it's a good club to manage. Yes, you're very close to finishing this thing now. Let's be honest, the gold cup should be fairly easy to win as long as you don't annoy the Mexicans, and Italy obviously stand a good chance of winning the Confederations Cup. How old are your Italy side? When I took over Holland I had a young side, but 4 years (minus a couple of weeks) later they were starting to be a bit past it, and I probably didn't blood enough youngsters. Things are different with Brazil. Practically the entire senior squad is approaching their mid-thirties, so with less than a year before the Copa America, I have a decision to make as to whether I think the pensioners are up to it. Approaching the Copa I will be requesting a lot of scouting reports with an eye to their decline.

655_-guizhou_renhe_fc-primary-2012.gif[/center]

Back on the horse.......

Division - Chinese Superleague

Final League Position - 10th (past positions)

Cups - Chinese FA Cup Winner

Ah back to real football. Renhe had sacked their manager after falling to second from bottom at the mid season mark, and granted me an interview. To my somewhat surprise, they offered me the job and with it a transfer bounty of some £7m and free wage budget of about £75k per week. The expectations were not huge, however the board did want "high profile signings". I thought "I'll have a bit of this" and jumped at the chance to move to China.

As others have mentioned, the Chinese league is a strange place. the 4 fgn players tend to be so far above the Chinese players its unbelievable. Renhe had a couple of decent foriegn players, headlined by Sejad Salihovic (formerly of German football). Our Chinese players were awful, way below even the rest of this league. The plus side is that the big transfer budget means i can sign almost any interested player in China, since the only FGN players i can attract are low cost / free players, so i cant splurge my budget there.

We played a couple of games before the local transfer window opened, and manage to progress in the cup which pleased me. In the transfer window we recruited our maximum of 5 domestic players to boost the squad quality, and also added 2 overseas players, headlined by Andre Seghor, an experiened Senegal international who had scored lots of goals in this league over the last 3 years before being released.

We started a little slowly as we adapted to my tactics, but we soon started picking up wins to move us away from the bottom. In parallel we kept progressing in the cup which i liked. By the end of the season we had risen to a more than respectable 10th place, but more importantly we won a thrilling 2 legged cup final against Shandong. Lost the first leg 1 v 2 at home after spurning lots of chances, but put on a superb performance to win 3 v 1 away in the second leg and take home the pot! Second trophy of this career.

Fancy we can make a good run at the league next year. There is no amazing quality in this division and whilst our FGN players are perhaps not at the standard of some, we have some funds to play with....

Achievements / Progress

Club

2/10 domestic cups: South African Cup - Santos FC, Chinese FA cup - Renhe

International

0/2 world tournaments

History

eibRkWF.png

Jambo98 Good luck, I'm looking forward to read about this. I really enjoyed my time with Renhe. In my opinion, the hardest part about the Chinese League is the only 5 transfers per window rule which makes it hard to strengthen your squad as fast as you would probably like to. However like you said, with Renhe you can buy almost every chinese player you want. So in one or two years you should really be able to build a strong team.

200px-Feyenoord_logo.svg_zpsiqdu0ycw.png

FEYENOORD 2026/27

Losing three Dutch internationals during the summer window and missing a certain balance in the middle of the park Feyenoord once again started slow out of blocks taking only 4 points from the opening 4 games. The form improved but despite trying many combinations in the middle the elusive balance did not . A combination of fast fluid and flamboyant attacking play along with hopeless defending as a young Feyenoord side truely entertained the nation. Feyenoord honoured their manager on his 500 game in charge by beating Heracles 6-3 with a pulsating display. With three games to go champions Ajax were looking for a favour as they trailed by 4 points with a game in hand. Who would crack first? The champions who fought back from 2-0 down to salvage a draw now knowing the league was over. Feyenoord just had to win against lowly VVV to ensure the title given their superior goal difference making the final game a party. I failed to match TheEarl's Dutch campaign as although the KNVB followed the title four days later beating FC Twente 3-1 , the Europa League escaped me losing 5-4 on agg to OM in the second knockout round.

Iran once again dominated the WAFF Championship in preparation for Asian Cup qualifying from the opening group of Qatar , Tajikistan and Bahrain with aplomb. A 4-1 win over Iraq setup a quarter final meeting with 2023 winners Saudi Arabia. In a close battle Iran eventually went through hitting the Saudis on the break as they sought an equaliser. The Aussies awaited but were dispatched 2-1 in a pretty poor and cautious game.

The Final against the other kingpins of Asian Football - South Korea was an open game with both teams creating several chances. Shin Hyun Chul opened the scoring before target man Sarghat Navidkia equalised just before the break. The Internationale striker Chul once again put the Koreans in front. Then the debate , was it a penalty !! media pundits said no but Adel Baragher rolled it in the corner . Veteran Mehran Mohammadi put Iran 3-2 up on 73 minutes and despite many close calls South Korea could not find the elusive equaliser.

After 56 Internationals in charge of Iran and leading them to a World Cup Quarter Final and ranking of 10th i bid my farewells .

Challenges completed:

Club

3/10 domestic leagues : Liga I (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , K League (Jeju United 2024) , Eredivise (Feyenoord 2027)

4/10 domestic cups : Israeli State Cup (Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shmona 2017) , Cupa Romaniei (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , Ukranianan Cup (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2022) , KNVB Cup (Feyenoord 2027)

1/5 champions leagues : Asia - (Jeju United 2024)

International

2/5 : African Cup of Nations (Ghana 2019) , Asian Cup (Iran 2027)

4 minor Trophies: Israeli National Division (Hapoel Rishon LeZion 2016) , Cupa Ligii (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , WAFF Championship (Iran 2024, 2026)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 : Hapoel Rishon LeZion - 11th in League

2015/16 : Hapoel Rishon LeZion - Champions

2016/17 : Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shoma - 6th in League , Israeli State Cup Winners

2017/18 : Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shoma - 4th in League

2018/19 : Dinamo Bucharest - 7th in League

2019/20 : Dinamo Bucharest - Treble

2020/21 : Metalurh Donetsk - 6th in League

2021/22 : Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - 4th in League , Ukrainian Cup Winners

2022/23 : Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - Sacked

2023/24 : Jeju United - Champions , Asian Champions League Winners

2025/26 : Feyenoord - 7th in League

2026/27 : Feyenoord - Double

Managerial career national teams:

2018 Ghana - Qualified easily for African Cup of Nations

2019 Ghana - Won African Cup of Nations

2023 Iran - Qualifed easily for Asian Cup

2024 Iran - Won WAFF Championship

2025 Iran - Qualified for World Cup

2026 Iran - World Cup Quarter Final , Won WAFF Championship

2027 Iran - Won Asian Cup

I was applying, that's correct. Sorry for the wrong info.

Yeah, we've discovered in our travels in the challenge that generally you will not be placed under duress by your board as long as you are only declaring interest in other positions. It is when you start actually applying that your board will become pissed and your job will be placed in jeopardy.

If you declare interest, if you have a chance at getting the job you'll nearly always get the interview if there's a real chance for you to be hired, so the application isn't necessary and only serves to place your position under scrutiny.

Hope that little tidbit helps you in the future, friend. :)

(EDIT: You will get emails about the board making public comments about being disappointed and the like when you declare interest, but I've never been pulled into the "impromptu meeting with the board" while declaring interest, when it is almost 100% to happen if you apply for the job while employed. Just wanted you to be aware of this part of it as well so you didn't get frustrated by it.)

Earl - Guangzhou is by far the biggest Chinese club in the game, so most of the time it's a good club to manage. Yes, you're very close to finishing this thing now. Let's be honest, the gold cup should be fairly easy to win as long as you don't annoy the Mexicans, and Italy obviously stand a good chance of winning the Confederations Cup. How old are your Italy side? When I took over Holland I had a young side, but 4 years (minus a couple of weeks) later they were starting to be a bit past it, and I probably didn't blood enough youngsters. Things are different with Brazil. Practically the entire senior squad is approaching their mid-thirties, so with less than a year before the Copa America, I have a decision to make as to whether I think the pensioners are up to it. Approaching the Copa I will be requesting a lot of scouting reports with an eye to their decline.

Italian squad is getting experienced (thus old) but its just 1 year until Confederations Cup (or now actually just half a year since I finished 2032 season with Suwon) so my players should be good enough to win I hope.

I will stay unemployed for that half season in wait for a good club team to manage.

Yeah, we've discovered in our travels in the challenge that generally you will not be placed under duress by your board as long as you are only declaring interest in other positions. It is when you start actually applying that your board will become pissed and your job will be placed in jeopardy.

If you declare interest, if you have a chance at getting the job you'll nearly always get the interview if there's a real chance for you to be hired, so the application isn't necessary and only serves to place your position under scrutiny.

Hope that little tidbit helps you in the future, friend. :)

(EDIT: You will get emails about the board making public comments about being disappointed and the like when you declare interest, but I've never been pulled into the "impromptu meeting with the board" while declaring interest, when it is almost 100% to happen if you apply for the job while employed. Just wanted you to be aware of this part of it as well so you didn't get frustrated by it.)

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't frustrated with the ultimatum, because I wanted to go to a better competition. ;)

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't frustrated with the ultimatum, because I wanted to go to a better competition. ;)

Understandable. :)

But, there may come a time when you're up with the big boys when this information will become invaluable, so I'm glad you found it of use! Best of luck in your travels!

An American Werewolf in Football!

http://americanwerewolffootball.wordpress.com

Stevenage F.C. - 2016-17

StevenageFC_zpsyvtw9dbh.png

All Competitions | Profile One | Profile Two

Well, what a great season for Stevenage! We broke the League 2 record for total points in a season, previously 102, set by Plymouth Argyle in 2001-02, with our 104 points tallied. We also did very well for a club of our stature in all of our other competitions, with the highlight being an appearance in the Final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. We also reached the third round of the Capital One Cup, with a giant-killing win over Premiership Aston Villa during the run, even though our only mandate was to "be competitive" in the competition. The FA Cup also had a nice run as we reached the fourth round above all expectations.

We also had the League 2 Player of the Year and Top Scorer in now 20-year-old French starlet Thierry Ambrose. Ambrose was nothing short of a revelation for the club as we had him in on season-long loan from Manchester City. He developed to where he is already considered a decent player for the Premier League with room for improvement, with an account of 42 goals and 17 created with a 7.47 average rating in 54 appearances across all competitions. His 33 goals in the league easily led League 2, and he also was tied for most goals created with 12. He had the top average rating in the league at 7.54 and won the most Man of the Match Awards with 11 in his haul.

Other key players for the season included Kyle Walker-Peters, on-loan from Spurs. The 20-year-old fullback has developed into a good player for the Championship now, with a Premier League career possibly in his future. Also, the impact of goalkeeper Joel Pereira and attacking midfielder Andreas Pereira, and then young Dutch striker Ed Smits, all on-loan from Manchester United, can not be underestimated. All the Red Devils have had their loan contracts extended for one more season, to the benefit of our club, no doubt.

I now have a career net spend at the club of £700,000. Mainly because of a clause to secure a transfer for young striker Patrick Steer for free, with a promotion clause of a million pounds. I guess it was fitting that the young lad scored the goal that secured the title for us, but by the time the transfer actually went through in the January window, I'd wished I hadn't signed the deal. Using the loan market to bring in great players for the level for no wages has been the key. With five loanees allowed in the match squad, you don't want to bring in too many players to where you anger the player or their home club's manager, and you also don't want to have problems with angry players in these positions that you actually own. Goalkeeper has been my biggest area with players getting irritated, but what can you really do when you have Joel Pereira playing amazing and keeping 17 clean sheets on 36 appearances in the domestic competition?? Averaging 7.01 on FM as a keeper is by no means easy!

However, that net spend is not nearly as bad over two seasons when you consider I kept nearly £10K a week under my wage budget -- not because wage spend isn't more important that transfer spend, it absolutely is -- but because I didn't want to spend on players that I did not think would improve the squad and were not worth their wages.

It looks even better when you realize we were able to get the aforementioned Kyle Walker-Peters and Thierry Ambrose to the club permanently. Most of Walker-Peters fee is paid out over the next four years, and the only fee on Ambrose is £1.5M if we are promoted to the Championship. Ambrose is already viewed as a Premiership asset to where even if we are promoted, I feel he'll easily be worth more than this to the club either through his play or through his sale. Both sales have minor "percentage of next sale clauses" to the clubs, but I was able to avoid significant sell-on fees in either contract, and didn't break my new League 1 wage structure at all, either.

I've advanced to where I now hold a Continental C license, but the board put the breaks on further classes at this time, and I actually feel it is a blessing in disguise. If there is one thing I learned when Cambridge wouldn't let me spend a nickel in a previous save, its that your attributes seem to increase at a much better rate when you are on the training pitch. I may not even ask the board to take another class until next season, and my full focus now is getting some of that transfer spend back through some players that I feel will be surplus to requirements as we go into League 1.

My coaching and scouting staff have gotten to where I feel they are at least acceptable levels. I've gotten my coaches to where there is pretty much at least a 4* specialist for every area and no one is overworked. My biggest regret to this point is the board has NOT relented to let me extend our scouting range beyond the UK and Ireland -- but I truly feel I'll start making my most significant impact once they have this freedom, and can get to some of the undervalued areas such as Scandinavia and the like.

Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

[b]Club Career:[size=2]

[i]2015-16: England - League 2 - Stevenage FC:[/i] Above mid-table finish was expected, we crashed out in the Playoff Semi-Final to miss promotion.
[i]2016-17: England - League 2 - Stevenage FC:[/i] Expected to win title, won League 2 with record point total of 104.  Promoted.  JPT Finalist, great cup performances. [/b][/size]

[b]International Career:[size=2]           

[i]2015-Present:[/i] Unemployed internationally.    [/b] [/size]  

[b]Minor Trophies:[size=2]

[i]Sky Bet League 2 (2016-17) [/i]     [/b] [/size]        

Fuli - Chinese Premier League - 2017

We were predicted to finish 3th, but this was almost the perfect season. We only lost 2 games and drew 2 other games. We set a new record with 80 points out of 90. The only 2 losses were against last season champions Jiangu. We qualified us for next xhampions league 6 games before the end of the season, and won the league with 3 games to go. Also nice to see that my previous team Wuzhou survived.

Final standing:

Games:

Cup: WINNERS!!! We did the double this year, but we were Lucky to survive to semis. We only got through, by the away goal rules. The first leg of the final was pretty 1 sided, but our defence was terrible and we conceded 2 goals out of chances.. But the second leg was a big problem. It seems that the second leg was planned at the same day the the national team has to play a game. Just unbelievable, and we have 4 internationals in our starting 11 like you can see. But we were just to good in the second leg. We won the cup for the first time in our history.

A month after this cup final we had to play the last game off the season against the CSL all stars (best players of other teams)/ We won the game 3-0, so we complete the treble.

Transfers: We had 3 players on wages of €85k, off course it were all foreigners. Way to costly for us. We could only sell 1 of this big earners, and replaced him with a much cheaper player, but at least as good. A lot of young players and Chinese internationals were bought to fill in our weaker places.

Finances: actually very good. At the end of the season we could upgrade our training and youth faciities.

Next season we will play in the Asian Champions League. I will stay at Fuli until we"ve been kicked out of the champions league, or a Australian or South Korean team, playing in the champions league, becomes available and interested in me.

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues: China

2/10 domestic cups: Indonesian cup, Chinese cup

International

0/2 world tournaments

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season         Club           Pos       Cup       DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    IND  Persik           2nd      [b]WINNERS[/b]    n/a    n/a     [b]Cup-winners[/b], resigned after the season
2015    CHN  Wuzhou           13h      n/a        n/a    n/a     Took over with 5 games to go
2016    CHN  Wuzhou           2nd      3th round  n/a    n/a     [b]Promoted[/b]
2017    CHN  Fuli           [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS[/b]    n/a    n/a     [b]Domestic treble[/b]

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014     -
2015     -
2016     -
2017     -

So midway through my current season, out of the blue, the Iran national team approached me. Of course keen to get into International management, i accepted. Then i decided to have a look at the current squad.........

38E1BB93C4A2E10E3373305C2ECE8E0821032B14

So only the 14 players due to retire then...........

Season 2071/72 - Manchester City

2W653Ga.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

The transfer budget wasn't as ludicrous as the previous year's, but having somehow managed to get Chelsea to part company with wonderkid Daniel Russell for just £26.5m - a ludicrous decision with us set to become their main title rivals and Russell surely set to lead City and England's defence for the next decade - I was confident that we'd made quality additions to what was already a very good squad.

An early European exit was again the main disappointment, although we made a good fist of dropping into the Europa League, albeit at the cost of some absolutely ludicrous fixture congestion: we had four games in hand on Chelsea for much of the campaign, and had to play our final five Premier League games in a single week!

From those five games we needed just two wins, and after victories in the first two of them the title was clinched and we went on to finish comfortably clear of Chelsea: it feels surprising to have won the title so comprehensively having felt we were in a real close battle until that final week!

Finally, the season was rounded off in some style, as we romped to victory over Sunderland at Wembley, denying the Black Cats an FA Cup win for the first time since exactly 99 years ago!

England is done and I need just one more domestic cup and two league titles. The FC Porto job is listed as "Very Insecure", and I hope can become my next destination. The main difficulty now may actually be the Champions League title that I need: as yet I have never really managed to get anywhere near to winning Europe's top club prize.

Challenge Progress

Club

8/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, USA)

9/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL KR2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
2071/72  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

Looked at my fixtures not got a game for 237 day's ???

Something seems wrong, you may have been looking at a wrong screen or something...

Don't know if you got it fixed or not, but no harm in restarting and making sure everything is up to snuff.

You can definitely go right into a job in the SA Premier division if you are patient, several of us had our first jobs there in different attempts. One of my saves, and Vikeologist (our Head Sparrow) both had early time at Swallows in the SA Premier.

No matter what you decide, best of luck to you and welcome to the challenge, pug 407!

Guys (and Brettney),

Please assure me that it isn't just me being OCD and that notebooks are also absoutely necessary for the rest of you as well? I'm constantly writing out stuff, but especially I probably write the 1st and 2nd choice for each position at least four times per season... I know I can use filters for a lot of that type of stuff, but having the extra in-hand visual aid just seems crucial to me now. :)

Something seems wrong, you may have been looking at a wrong screen or something...

Don't know if you got it fixed or not, but no harm in restarting and making sure everything is up to snuff.

You can definitely go right into a job in the SA Premier division if you are patient, several of us had our first jobs there in different attempts. One of my saves, and Vikeologist (our Head Sparrow) both had early time at Swallows in the SA Premier.

No matter what you decide, best of luck to you and welcome to the challenge, pug 407!

Had a look and China P R start in Dec 2013 . Played load's of friendly's . Got load's of trialist's in 2 get the best Squad I could

Cheers

Guys (and Brettney),

Please assure me that it isn't just me being OCD and that notebooks are also absoutely necessary for the rest of you as well? I'm constantly writing out stuff, but especially I probably write the 1st and 2nd choice for each position at least four times per season... I know I can use filters for a lot of that type of stuff, but having the extra in-hand visual aid just seems crucial to me now. :)

Certainly not alone. I don't do it multiple times a season, but most of the times at the start. Just to get a good view of who I'm going to use and who can leave / go on loan. And exactly the same way you are doing it, 1st and 2nd choice for every position. And a 3rd goalie that's **** most of the times. Always 23 players, always with the squad number matching their positions.

Archived