The Ultimate Football Manager

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GKS_Piast_Gliwice.png[/center]

Make that vodka a "double"....

Division - Polish Ekstraklasa

Final League Position - 1st!! Champions!! (main stage positions) (past positions )

Cups - Winners!

Continental - NA

For really the first time in this career, i felt like i was really able to get the type of players i needed in every positions. The one thing i had failed to realise though, when joining the club, was the finances..........we are £2.5m in the red! So no transfer funds, but some good wage budget free. We picked up a few good players on freebies and also a couple of loans completed the squad.

We started ok, dropping a few points and for the first half of the 30 game "main" season, we were chasing down Legia hard. They always just managed to stay ahead, matching our results for a number of games in a row. The turning point was a sensational trip to Legia where we won 3 v 0 to hit the top of the league. We then went on a run, and Legia faltered. We powered clear, the mid season transfer window was a non event for us. We had zero cash and no real need to change. Eventually after one of my DC got injured for 6 weeks, i brought in a 2 month loanne CB from Russia to balance it out. We finished the "main" season some 11pts clear at the top.

Then it gets wierd in poland. The leagues splits in 2, which is not that unusual, but for some reason your points are cut in half???? So we were suddenly down to a 6pt lead (they round up). Utterly strange system....

We actually spluttered a bit, a couple of early draws hinted at some nerves, but we remained a point clear going into the final game at home. We really struggled on the day, labouring to a 1 v 1 draw but Legia were also behind and only scraped a draw as well! We were crowned champions of Poland :)

In the midst of this we also cruised to another cup win. We had a fairly easy draw throughout, and none of the rounds were even close :)

So my first title of this career!

Japan / France U23

I had to resign as Japan manager after only 3 games - every time i picked a squad some bug meant that none of the players appeared in the squad come game time, i just had a load of greys (who were all quality players, but it destroys the point).

Just as the season ends, i signed up to manage France U23 at the Olympics :)

Achievements / Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues: Poland - Piast

3/10 domestic cups: South African Cup - Santos FC, Chinese FA cup - Renhe, Polish FA Cup - Piast

1/5 club continental championships: Asian Champions League - Renhe

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

History

pQpnDt9.png

I assumed he meant the coding for showing the club career rather than screenshots - like at the end of Bartrcm's post.

But I don't actually know the answer.

Ah yes, that might be it.

If so, just quote one of the posts in question. Don't post your quote, but use it to see how others have done it.

Pug - If you want to create the box yourself you just click on the 'code' button. It's best to prepare your text by using notepad (the programme on your computer) and use tabs rather than spacing things out.

Jambo - There is a cheat for the Japanese and German national teams, but you can only do it before starting your save, so probably best to avoid managing the German national team as well if you didn't do that before starting. Mind you, I did it but I'm not sure those 2 nations are national team manageable on my save. Congrats on your domestic success.

Bartrcm - Congrats on your success in Mexico. The continental qualification does indeed pass understanding, but yes, you'll doubtless be in the Libertadores; eventually. And the NACL as well.

JDD - Did bring in a promising Brazilian youth at the start of my time at Newcastle, but he got stuck behind 2 others at his position and never really developed. My national team scouting makes me aware of lots of promising Brazilians nippers, but they'd either be refused a work permit or wouldn't be able to join for another season or two. I'm now looking to win right now, although my third season isn't going noticeably better than my first two. Aresenal offered me a job at the end of last season, which I might have taken if I wasn't padlocked to Newcastle. Anyway since they are in the Euro Cup like us, I'm not sure how they can afford to have a wage bill three times ours. I've financially emperilled a few clubs in this challenge, but I'm keeping a nice safe bank balance at Newcastle.

After my season ended, i got a shot at the Olympics with France U23s

Sadly we lost in the Semi Final on pens to Spain. I really fancied us. France has some rediculous regen talent available and i added in Pogba, Lacazette and Conam as my over age players. Every time i have done the olympics on this FM though my players end up totally shattered by the knockouts. Its a small squad and by the Semi's i was having to start players who were 82% and play people out of position because they were the only fit ones available :(

Meanwhile i resigned in Poland with nothing else to win, and set off in search of pastures new. Was almost tempted by a job in the USA, Colorado offered but as a club wit,h £2m of debt it wasnt appealing - i have just left a job with no cash!

An interview with Premier League Bournemouth was tasty - They have a Qatar tycoon.......but i was beaten out by Stale Solbakken :(......... Then, finally, in early November i got an interview and offered a job in the promised land of the Premier League!

Sadly it is with the team who sit plumb last, Wolves. However they are an established top league side at this point, finishing between 8th and 14th in each of the last 5 seasons, and some decent talent in the squad (including Daniel Sturridge, Danny Ings and both the Murphy twins).

There are only 10 games gone, so sitting bottom shouldnt be a total disaster. I think we can kick on.......

Ive completed the season with Everton and it went very well. So much so I've moved on. I get internet at home finally this week so I will do a big update then :)

I have no idea how i landed the Ukraine job, i did manage a continental rep with Seattle but i was still being rejected by much smaller nations before i got it. I think its just perseverence.

Pug - If you want to create the box yourself you just click on the 'code' button. It's best to prepare your text by using notepad (the programme on your computer) and use tabs rather than spacing things out.

Thank's Still no wiser . not very good on computer's . Normally just play Football Manager . Just learnt how to get skin's on my game . Again thank you

New Update

7hqjgZI.jpg?1

End Of Last Season Got a Tycoon who give me 15 million to spend. I Spent It wisely on some good player's. Finished 9 points a head of the Chiefs . Won every cup I was

entered for . Got my 2nd & 3rd Licence . Took Over South Africa as the Manager got the Sacked . Didn't Think I'd Get It

5eGMkmh.jpg?1

Won the Confederations Cup after beating Canada In the Final 4-2

ZRiCpNz.jpg?1

Next got offered the job at Chiefs turned them down . Wanted to see how far I could go in the Champions League.

After a easy passage into the finals, played Al-Ahly from Egypt in 2 legs won 8-4 . Finished First on Goal Diff from Orlando Pirates in Second season in top flight . Time to resign

Took over Real Salt Lake . Wasn't going to stay, I didn't have a clue how the Transfer System Works?

But I stayed because no good club's needed a new manager.

PdmxYKB.jpg?1

Finished 1st by 1 point over Red Bulls . Won the 2 Cups, Only because got the Ass manager to pick the team . Resigned as soon as season was over. Saved Game Now

to been on it from Saturday Night with no Sleep

Season 2073/74 - Fulham

Fd5jF2b.png

League | Schedule Part 1

No, I'm afraid it's not the season you've all been waiting for :) The big German jobs remained occupied, so I kept my eye in (and my reputation alive - I'm a bit paranoid about my manager's age coming into play too) by taking over Fulham. After knocking my Porto side out in the Champions League Playoff they'd moved immediately on to leaner times and were down in 17th. A large part of this was down to a big injury crisis, and when we dug our way out of that we looked mostly safe with a lot of poor teams in the Premier League this season. Memorable victories over both Manchester clubs were the highlight as we got all the way up to 11th by the season's close.

I'd signed just until the end of the season and won't be sticking around, instead continuing to circle like a vulture whenever a top-half German side sees their managerial status slide to 'Insecure' or worse...

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, POR, USA)

10/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX, POR)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL R2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
2071/72  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF
2072/73  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management
2073/74  ENG  Fulham         11th             R4                      Took over with 18 games remaining, in 17th

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2034/35 – Olympiakos / Mexico

The season of 2034/35 was a long and entertaining season both on the club stage and international stage. I still want a few more cup victories from different nations, so when the opportunity came to manage Olympiakos in Greece I grabbed it straight away. However Olympiakos is not the club that started this save anymore. They used to be totally dominant in Greece, but in terms of economy they are now behind PAOK, and in terms of quality they didn't win anything in Greece for the last 7 seasons. They are not qualified for any European Competition. On the good side that meant fewer games, quicker playing time and more rest for the players.

I really struggled to get som good players in, but a few loanees seemed to do the trick. I had one really good striker in 20 year old Pedrag Dudic who might be the guy to shoot me some trophies.

Board expectations Olympiakos: Challenge for league title, reach final of Greek Cup.

We started the season confidently, ok we drew 2 of the first 3 games, but after 11 games we had 9-2-0. We sat top of the table and everything seemed fine. The we lost 2 out of 3 games away to AEK and Panathinaikos. Maybe the bookies prediction of us finishing just 3rd wasn't so bad after all cause we where now overtaken in the league by AELK. Then disaster struck as I was never able to extend the contract of Pedrag Dudic and he left when Porto activated his 7,25M pound release clause. There was little budget left to buy a new striker, and the only one I could find was a 30 year old Mlungisi Seanego who started to get past his best. Singe just managed 7 goals in the remainder of the season, quite laughable to what he achieved before in my other clubs scoring more than 270 goals in 6 seasons. Dudic was top goalscorer with 15 goals in 15 games when he left.

For the rest of the season we won a lot, but also dropped points here and there. 5 games from home we had overtaken AELK finally, but lost to Veroia 0-1 in a mast just described as a catastrophe. PAOK overtook us and we needed to win the reminding games and some help from other teams. That help never came as we finished the season on 67 points (21-4-5) 1 point behind PAOK and 1 point ahead of AELK.

The Greek Superleague then moves into Europa Playoffs to determine which teams plays in Champions League and Europa League next season. Luckily the board was satisfied with our performance ending just 1 point behind PAOK so no sacking. In the Playoffs we started with 2 points, same as AELK, Panathinaikos started with 1 and AEK with 0. It became a really tight Playoffs where we secured the win with 11 points in the end after winning just 2 games, 3 draws, 1 loss + 2 bonus points. AELK finished on 9 points, AEK on 8 and Panathinaikos on 7 points.

In the Greek Cup we entered in the 2nd Round. A Group Stage with 3 teams, playing just 2 matches and top 2 teams advancing to the next Round. We beat Platanias 3-1 and Fostiras 4-0 to finish top of the group. Those games was played early in the season though with Dudic on the team. In the 3rd Round we got Atromitos. A team almost at the bottom of the Superleague and with 2-leg match should be fine I thought. We went 3-1 up at home before we got a red card, the game ended 3-3. Still I felt quite confident before the away match. But Atromitos had singled themselves out as giant killers beating PAOK 5-1 in the league. We went 2-0 up in the away game, before Atromitos came back to 2-2. We took the lead 3-2, but they came back to 3-3. When we finally went 4-3 up it seemed done and dusted as Atromitos needed 2 more goals. My goalkeeper scored an own goal, but it finished 4-4 and we went through on away goals. The main striker of Atromitos went on to become top goalscorer in Greece for a team that finished 12th out of 16 teams.

Quarter Final was against PAOK in 2-leg tie. PAOK was actually an opponent that we liked to play even if they won the league. We never lost against them in 4 matches and in the cup we won 4-2 and 3-2 taking the tie 7-4 on aggregate. In the Semi Final we played Panathinaikos a team we did enjoy that much to play. But 1-1 away was followed by a convincing 4-0 win at home.

The final was the most joyful moment of the season for us, playing AELK and smashing them 5-0 even with a red card midway through second half. Michael Dvorak was the big hero scoring a hattrick in the final. Greek Cup champions and another trophy to my belt. What could I achieve in the summer with Mexico???

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Andrea Fabbrini - 24 goals

Top assists: Manuel Ferreira - 16 assists

Top performer: Manuel Ferreira - 7,72 Av.rat

Mexico had a huge sommer in front of them. The U23 team went to Copa America, but surely with an U23 team you can't win Copa America against the likes of Brazil and Argentina, or can you?

Paraguay - Mexico U23 2-2 Group Stage

Goals: Delgado 2. We took the lead 1-0, but went 1-2 down before coming back to manage a vital draw 2-2 against Paraguay. A good game and a nice start.

Chile - Mexico U23 1-3 Group Stage

Goals: Delgado 2, own goal. We took the lead 1-0, but Chile came back to 1-1. We left it late but eventually scored twice in the last 10 minutes.

Venezuela - Mexico U23 0-2 Group Stage

Goals: Enrique, Delgado. The easiest game of the group and a comfortable 2-0 win. It meant we finished top of the group on goal difference to Paraguay.

Colombia - Mexico U23 1-2 Quarter Final

Goals: Canas, Saldana. Winning the group meant we avoided the big guns in the Quarter Final. Colombia could be tough opponent anyway but we managed a 2-1 win staying infant all of the game. Colombia's goal came in the dying moments of the game on a penalty.

Paraguay - Mexico U23 2-3 Semi Final

Goals: Vasquez, Rivas, Delgado. Semi Final was "supposed" to be played against Argentina, but Paraguay knocked them out in the Quarter Final. We where in front all of the game, 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 eventually. We where in the final, could we win Copa America to open up for a possible remarkable double international title in the summer?

Ecuador - Mexico U23 X-X Final

We stop here for a moment to see how the Mexican Main Squad did in the Gold Cup. But for sure we where lucky to get Ecuador in the final and not Brazil as the Ecuadorians had upset the major footballing nation in the Semi Final.

The Main squad just played one friendly in the build up to Gold Cup beating Egypt 6-1. We where heavy favorites before Gold Cup, and nothing else than a victory was expected.

Group Stage went fast by rotating the squad a lot, but still winning 3-0 against Guatemala, 5-0 against Jamaica and 5-1 against Nicaragua.

In the Quarter Final we played our best team and smashed USA 6-1.

Then we got Honduras in the Semi Final and won easily 4-2.

In the Final we played Canada who had beaten Costa Rica in the Semi Final. It was the thoughts game especially when we got a red card in the dying moments of the first half. Still we won quite easily 3-1. Gold Cup winner and another trophy to my cabinet.

Back to the Final of Copa America. By a mistake I only brought 5 strikers to the tournament and not 6 as planned. When we got 2 full injuries and 1 slight injury to strikers during the tournament it was an exhausted trio of strikers that entered the field for the Final. Ecuador might not sound like a devastating team to play, but they have Cristhian Mancheno upfront. The player I got to Sporting CP and nicknamed "The Beast" is only 20 years old but looks like a world superstar already. We held the Ecuadorians to 1-1 for a while but in the end we couldn't hold back the strength of Mancheno. He scored 1 goal and assisted another 2 in the final and became the top goalscorer of Copa America with 9 goals. We lost the game 1-3 as our players reached something like 45-50% fitness at the end of the game.

Ecuador - Mexico U23 3-1 Final of Copa America

To be honest it wouldn't seem fair if Mexico U23 had won Copa America, but when we came so close I still felt gutted. I could have shortened my game with 4 years if we won a double title during the summer. Still I am happy with the progress and now only need 1 more cup title in a different nation and 2 more international titles to complete this amazing challenge!

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

11/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura), Holland, Germany, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Portugal) COMPLETED!

12/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil, Holland, Spain, South Africa KO Cup, South Africa FA Cup, Portugal FA Cup, Portugal League Cup, Greek Cup) 9 different nations , semi completed

5/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America, Africa, Asia) COMPLETED!

1/1 club world championship (Roma) COMPLETED!

International

3/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Europe, North America)

2/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France and Paraguay, Confederations Cup with Italy) COMPLETED!

13 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League (France 2 times, Italy), French Champions Trophy, Europa League (both with Paris SG, Ajax and Dortmund), Sao Paulo State Championship, Be The Coach (South Africa), Super 8(South Africa), African Super Cup, African Confederations Cup.

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX), World Cup (France, Paraguay), SA Premier League (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA KO Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA FA Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), Korean K League Classic (Suwon 2 times)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

2025/26 Ajax, Played in Eresdivsie. Won the league (fifteenth club landmark), won the Dutch Cup (sixteenth club landmark), won Europa League. Left the club at the end of the season.

2026/27 Dortmund, Played in Bundesliga. Won the league on goal difference (seventeenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of DFB Pokal, won Europa League. Manager of the year in Bundesliga. Didn't leave club at end of season, but applied for other jobs.

2027/28 Real Madrid, Played in La Liga. Won the league (eighteenth club landmark), won Copa Del Rey (nineteenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of Champions League. Spanish Manager of The Year. Left the club at the end of the season.

2028/29 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league (twentieth club landmark), won SA KO Cup (twentyfirsth club landmark), won SA FA Cup (twentysecond club landmark), won Super 8, won Be the Coach, currently top of group in Confederations Cup. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2029/30 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league, won SA KO Cup, won SA FA Cup, won Super 8, won Be The Coach, won African Confederations Cup, won African Super Cup, currently top of group in Champions League. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2030/31 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League, Won Be The Coach, Won Super 8, Won African Champions League (twentythird club landmark). Resigned at top of the table, club went on to win 6 titles that season.

2031 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league (twentyfourth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Qualified for Asian Champions League. Manager of the season.

2032 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league, won Asian Champions League (twentyfifth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Left the club after winning, didn't play the Club World Cup.

2033/34 Sporting CP, Played in Primeira Liga, Won the league, won Taca de Portugal (twenty-sixth club landmark), won League Cup, lost in 2nd KO Round of Europa League, Manager of the season, Manager of the month 1 time. Left the club after the season

2034/35 Olympiakos, Played in Greek Superleague. 2nd in the league, won the Europa places playoffs to qualify for Champions League. Won the Greek Cup (ninth different nation to win a domestic cup), 3rd in Manager of the year, left the club after the season.

Managerial career national teams:

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, qualified in 3rd position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

2026 Paraguay, Won World Cup, left the nation as number 1 in the World Rankings.

2026 France, joined in 10th position on World Rankings, won group stage of Nations League

2027 France, won Nations League, played 2 games of Euro Championships Qualifiers so far. Currently 7th in World Rankings

2028 France, Qualified easily for Euro Championships. Knocked out in 2nd round of Euro Championships by Ukraine. Left Nation before getting sacked as 11th in World Rankings.

2028 Spain, joined nation as 3rd in the World Rankings. Relegated to Nations Div. B.

2029 Spain, Qualified for World Cup with 9 wins out of 10.

2030 Spain, Knocked out of World Cup at Quarter Finals by Germany after extra time. Sacked at 12th in World Rankings.

2030 Italy, Took over in 3rd in World Rankings, qualified for finals of Nations League

2031 Italy, Won Nations League, Qualified easily for Euro Championships, currently 4th in World Rankings

2032 Italy, Won EURO Championships (third international landmark), Silver medalists of Olympics, qualified for Nations League Semi Final, currently 1st in World Rankings.

2033 Italy, Won Confederations Cup (fourth international landmark), Left the Nation as Number one in the World Rankings.

2033 Mexico, Took over Nation in 3rd in World Rankings and 2nd in World Cup Qualifying Group. Won 4 games and won the World Cup Qualifying Group. Still 3rd in World Rankings.

2034 Mexico, Reach Second Round of World Cup, knocked out by France a.e.t.

2035 Mexico. Lost in the Final of Copa America with U23 team. Won Gold Cup (fifth international landmark), left the nation as 8th in the World Rankings.

smp20's Club Career Update

Ok so here is my update, nearly 3 seasons worth. I will post seasonal updates from now on :). Apologies for the last update being pretty rubbish.

everton-small-crest-sticker.jpg

Everton 2018/19 Season

My update starts with my short stint as Everton Manager. I was quite surprised to be offered the job considering I was managing Cambridge but it seems my Continental reputation must have given me a chance. Everton had been lackluster in the previous two seasons finishinh 17th and 14th despite having a decent squad. My first task was to capitalise on the interest in Romelu Lukaku and I did so bringing in £52m from Arsenal. I was of course planning to use my strikerless tactic that had brought me lots of success so far so it seemed sensible to et him go. Armed with a hefty transfer budget I went about building a side that I felt could compete with the big boys in the league, as you can see from my transfers here.

However, we proved to be even more capable of competing in the league than I thought and we managed to secure the league title by 11 points!. Everything just seemed to click and the football on display throughout the season was fantastic. To top off an excellent campaign we managed to do the double, thrashing Man City in the FA Cup Final. Our only disappointment was the early exit in the Capital One Cup. I thought I'd taken some player/team screenshots but clearly not - here's the retrospective Best 11 of that season. At this point I was looking forward to building a squad together to see if I could win the Champions League, but a job became available and I got itchy feet...

2657935102_RealMadrid_Logo_20120818010340281_0_0_answer_3_xlarge.png

Real Madrid 2019/20 Season

The Real board must have grown impatient with Ancellotti, despite his 2015 Champions League win they were yet to win La Liga in the save. A 3rd place finish and a Champions League El Classico loss were the final straw and he was sacked. I applied for the job much to the dismay of the Everton board, after my recent success my reputation was now World Class and thought I'd stand a slim chance. It turns out I was correct and I was offered a one-year contract with Los Merengues.

As you would expect, the squad was already top class but there's always room for improvement. I was once again active in the transfer market , opting to bring in some Spanish players including Bernat and Samper and I also raided former club Everton for Rulli and Mangala who had both really impressed me during my time there. My squad looked immense, certainly the best I'd ever managed on FM15, and I was super confident that we were going to blitz it. This confidence came crashing down in the 2nd game of the season, where we were deservedly beaten at the Nou Camp.

Fortunately this proved to be our only loss and we managed to finish on 101 points, breaking the La Liga points record. However, it was far from a blitz as Barcelona were equally dominant. It looked like we were going to finish in 2nd place despite our impressive points tally and it came down to the last minute of the season to secure the title. As you can see here, two goals from 34-year-old Roberto Soldado (a former Madrid player) secured a surprise draw for Levante against Barca. Here's the League Table :O. We were able to get revenge against Barca, handing out a 5-1 thrashing at the Bernabeu as well as beating them 4-1 in the Copa del Rey Final.

In the Champions League (Results) we comfortably made it into the knockouts. Our first opponent was, of course, my former club Everton who made it very difficult for us but we sneaked through. A 2-0 loss at the Etihad seemed to ignite a reaction that lead to our best performance of the season (arguable of my whole FM15 playing time) were we annihilated City 9-1 at the Bernabeu. The English theme to our KO matches continued in the Semi's were we wobbled against Arsenal away from home but managed a 5-4 aggregate win seeing us through to the final. We just about managed to win the Champions League, relying on a last minute equaliser and penalties against Chelsea. I have to say I was quite expecting to achieve the treble, but it turned out to be far from easy so I'm very happy to have done it. Here's a SS of Cristiano Ronaldo and the Best 11. Ronaldo decided to hang up his boots in July, so I was very lucky to be his last manager!

Club_de_Regatas_Vasco_da_Gama-logo-F8F3635DF8-seeklogo.com.gif

Vasco da Gama 2020 Season

After achieving all I wanted to at Real Madrid, I decided I wasn't going to accept a new contract and I started looking for a new job. An excellent opportunity fell in my lap with Vasco who had just sacked their manager after losing to fierce rivals Flamengo in the Rio State Championship. This job was very attractive due to the club still being in the Copa Libertadores. They had a decent squad and I felt that they had a chance of winning it, so I took them on, negotiating to have a contract until the end of 2020 rather than longer term. I opted to get rid of a lot of the high earning foreigners and brought in mostly young Brazilians to compliment the squad. I didn't realise that a lot of them wouldn't be able to play in the League because they had played in 7 games or more already for other clubs, beware of that rule!

My first game in charge was indeed in the Copa Libertadores against Velez After a very respectable 2-2 draw away from home without a manager, we won 4-2 at home putting us into the Semi Final. Here we faced fellow Brazilians Corinthians, who became our biggest rivals domestically later on in the season. A draw at home and a 2-1 win away put us through to the final to face Indepentiente, who were waltzing through the Argentine Premier League. An excellent performance in Argentina gave us a 3-1 lead and a draw at home was enough to clinch us the Copa Libertadores. A very quick trophy win :). I came into the job whilst the club had a 2-0-2 league record and we were a little inconsistent at first. We eventually found our stride and became involved in a 3-horse race to the title. We managed to win it in the end, battling off the competition from Corinthians and Santos (League Table). The rivalry with Corinthians continued in the Cup were we met them in the Quarter Final. I thought we were out when we lost 3-1 away, but a great 5-0 win at home helped us progress. We went on to win the Brazilian Cup beating Sao Paulo in the final for a quickfire treble!

However, there was one last trophy to play for and for me it was a big one. Through winning the Copa Libertadores we qualified for the Club World Championship. We crushed the dominant African side Sundowns 4-1 securing a place in the final, inevitably against Real Madrid. The match itself was shocking, I went out to frustrate Real Madrid and we did exactly that and pulled off a 1-0 win. 4 trophies in 7 months with Vasco was an excellent achievement, and I decided that I was going to resign ready for the next challenge. Despite being 36, Javier Mascherano was a class act for us and Maranhao (renamed from Alan Kardec) looks like he could become one of the best in the World.

International update and achievements to come, any guesses where I will end up next? :)

smp20's International Career Update

11970911021587445453jp_draws_South_Korean_Flag.svg.med.png

South Korea 2019

Asian Nations Cup ~ Players

I took over the role at South Korea after the 2018 World Cup after Ulli Stielike retired from Management. They didn't get out of the groups, but managed to pick up a win vs France in the group of death that also contained Germany and Brazil. They were to playing in the Asian Nations Cup in January 2019 and of course were one of the favourites. The squad fitted my tactic well and it was to be built around Son Heung-Min who would slot in the shadow striker role. After a run of friendlies it was time for the Asian Nations Cup and we walked into the knockouts, Son scoring 8 in the first two games alone. It got progressively harder, but we were able to beat Iran in the final to be crowned Champions of Asia. I resigned soon after.

ukraine.png

Ukraine 2020

There weren't many NT jobs flying about and I was laughed off at Wales and Scotland prior to Euro 2020 (I guess it's because I'm English). After Euro 2020 quite a few big nations became available, including Spain, Holland and France, but I didn't get any of them. I applied for the Ukraine job and got it so I will now be having a second stint with the nation. Last time I was here, I managed to win the Confederations Cup in 2017 but failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup. The squad is aging and they crashed out with zero points in Euro 2020 so I am up against it but I still think the squad is good enough to qualify for the 2022 World Cup to make up for my previous failure. From there, who knows.

Challenge Achievements

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues (USA, ENG, SPA, BRA)

4/10 domestic cups (USA, ENG, SPA, BRA)

3/5 club continental championships (NACL, COPA LIB, EUR CL)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (ASIA)

1/2 world tournaments (CONFED)

NW / Earl - It's looking very likely that we'll have two people achieve the challenge before the new version. At the start I didn't think anybody would ever achieve it.

pug - You may not know much about computers, (or the dangers of sleep deprivation_ but you kick arse at Football Manager.

smp - You're even more impressive.

It will be interesting to see what effect the new version will have on the inevitable (if maybe unwise because of bugs) new starts we may have in a month's time.

NW / Earl - It's looking very likely that we'll have two people achieve the challenge before the new version. At the start I didn't think anybody would ever achieve it.

pug - You may not know much about computers, (or the dangers of sleep deprivation_ but you kick arse at Football Manager.

It will be interesting to see what effect the new version will have on the inevitable (if maybe unwise because of bugs) new starts we may have in a month's time.

Thanks for encouragement vike not to kill the upcoming updates, but season 2035/36 will most likely see me finish the club part of this challenge. I am now manager of Celtic and have a chance at a 10th different nation domestic cup in both Scottish FA Cup and Scottish League Cup. Celtic is still the totally dominant power of Scottish Football, so it would be a huge disappointment not to make that.

2 more trophies left internationally though, when can I make that? Its really too soon to determine, but it cant be before 2043 as I need to participate in both Asia Cup and Copa America, Asia Cup comes earlier in the year than Copa America I guess, but I dont think any vacancies in South America can be found, when and IF I can win in Asia.

Asia will most likely be the next place I go though, as the South Korean manager has signalled that he will leave his post due to retiring soon. Then I will have to survive a World Cup with them,

But the main reason for this post:

With FM16 coming up soon, and as you say it might have some bugs prior to upgrades, shall we keep this thread or make a new one?

EDIT: Obviously keep this one for FM15, but make a new one for FM16 was supposed to be the question. Then we could make a post where me made a few reservations at the top, one for bug issues, and maybe one for a "Hall of Fame".

Cheers The Earl & vikeologist

The current holders of the South Korean K-Classic Jeju became available after their manager retired - and I got the job :)

3c4hohh6e1tgz5lor0nftgu0e.gif

I'm building up a good squad full of South Korean nationals, whilst selling off the foreigners for good money and replacing with cheap top prospects. Interestingly, Jeju is an Island and it looks pretty beautiful - see google images!

I think that FM16 should have a new thread, I like the challenge but I won't be doing it on FM16 until I have completed it on FM15 and there are no problems with bugs.

Manager History Overview

9e67f99deda260729c46102cb5a3e2dd.png

Gratz to all on the latest achievements - The Earl is closing in on a challenge completion himself! And what a start by smp. I've been tempted by a strikerless tactic myself and even more so now!

Its fun to see the difference, I should be better to make some screenshots myself. In contrast I use 3 strikers.

My completion will as mentioned take at least another 8 seasons :(

I've got an update coming later today myself, I just have to actually write it. :)

I'm thinking we should have a new thread for the new game, with all of the knowledge we have now about different idiosyncrasies of the challenge, I just think once the new game comes out we'll be better equipped to make this a challenge mentioned right up there with the other big challenges here like Dafuge and the Big Euro...

Not that there is a damned thing wrong with where we are now... just with the new game will come new players and we'll be able to better deal with some of the questions that pop up every few pages. Just my two cents...

Its fun to see the difference, I should be better to make some screenshots myself. In contrast I use 3 strikers.

My completion will as mentioned take at least another 8 seasons :(

My other tactic is almost a carbon copy formation wise but with 3 strikers, though my strikerless plays nicer stuff and more possession so I'm using it wherever I go :p

I've got an update coming later today myself, I just have to actually write it. :)

I'm thinking we should have a new thread for the new game, with all of the knowledge we have now about different idiosyncrasies of the challenge, I just think once the new game comes out we'll be better equipped to make this a challenge mentioned right up there with the other big challenges here like Dafuge and the Big Euro...

Not that there is a damned thing wrong with where we are now... just with the new game will come new players and we'll be able to better deal with some of the questions that pop up every few pages. Just my two cents...

I agree with this completely!

I think that FM16 should have a new thread, I like the challenge but I won't be doing it on FM16 until I have completed it on FM15 and there are no problems with bugs.

Total agree but won't be taking part till January after update's are done

The Tactic I use Is 1 That I've Played on my Newcastle Save . Won The League 25 Season's out of 30

Congratulations pug and smp on a great start and on already overtaking me after about 1 week in this challenge ;)

Normandy and The Earl: Good luck both of you, I'm curious to see who will finish first. TheEarl will you keep doing club jobs once you've got that last cup or will you concentrate on international management?

There's no way I will be even close to finishing this before FM16 comes out, but I will definitely keep playing this save and probably skip FM16.

A new thread would probably be better to keep things sorted, however it would be easier for us slow guys to keep in touch with the FM16 players if there was only one thread.

By the way, I took over France after the World Cup and just started to build my Bayern-beating Dortmund squad. Not a lot of time to play at the moment though.

So it seems as though a lot of you want a new thread. I must admit I don't.

I think the challenge takes most people more than 1 version of the game.

The Sammarinese Challenge (which is the other long term challenge) keeps the same thread each year.

Even if NW and Earl finish the challenge, the rest of us will still be playing FM15.

If we have two threads then any discussion about the challenge as a whole will be split up.

We do have a Hall of Fame and post to deal with any bugs. I was the first to start the challenge so post number 2 is ready to be a Hall of Fame, and we can alter it when we wish. There's not much there yet because I'm waiting for NW and earl to finish. I plan to provide some statistics about nations used and other records for those who complete the challenge. Unfortunately we can't really have records for those who start the challenge, although I promise if anybody ever passes NW for the number of different clubs and nations managed it will be celebrated; if celebrated is the right word. I just want NW and Earl to complete before expanding that section.

FM16 doesn't look as though it has anything that will change the challenge significantly.

A new thread would encourage people to start straight away, and I don't know if that will be a good idea.

However, even though I do feel very strongly that we should just keep using this thread, it is a democracy and I think that a big majority of us seem to want a new thread. Please do give your opinion if you haven't already (Brettney, Bartrcm, Jambo?) or if I have managed to change your mind.

If we do decide the start a new thread, and forgive me being blunt here, are we going to call it 'Vikeologist's FM16 Ultimate Challenge' or just 'FM16 Ultimate Challenge'? Remember, I don't want a new thread, but if we do have one, having branding like Dafuge's, Gundo's etc might be an advantage.

Incidentally, I do plan to play a couple of seasons on the new game to

-identify any major bugs and warn people

-give the new game a go. I'm as curious as anybody

-hopefully get promotion. God I miss promotion. I haven't been promoted once on FM15. If you look at how much I'm sucking at Newcastle, you might be surprised to hear that I was promoted in previous FM versions.

Hopefully it won't suck me in too much.

PS - I think this thread will be a lot more enticing once we do have completers and a Hall of Fame. No pressure on you, NW and Earl. I'd just say that if you don't complete this by the day the beta comes out, you will have let us all down and betrayed the trust that we are all placing in you. Honest, no pressure.

My other tactic is almost a carbon copy formation wise but with 3 strikers, though my strikerless plays nicer stuff and more possession so I'm using it wherever I go :p

I sued the strikerless formation with Brazil. My results with Brazil have been less than awesome, so I needed to do something. I used it against Bolivia and it seemed to work quite well. Only2-0 which is what we achieved against them in the Copa America, but this seemed a lot more comfortable. It used a defensive midfielder who is one of the best Brazilian players who has underperformed every time I've tried to shoehorn him into my 442 tactics. He was actually suspended for the Bolivia game, so I look forward to seeing how he does in the next.

It's so different from my current tactics, I'll have to wait for my next club before introducing it there. Newcastle currently doesn't have any DMCs or AMCs, and my wingers and strikers are my best players.

However, there's just been a board takeover, and they're considering appointing a new manager. Given that I haven't won anything in 2 and a bit years and am currently sitting in 11th place after 10 games, I wouldn't be surprised if they sacked me.

Anyway, I'll dedicate Brazil's first trophy under me to you, smp.

Season 2074/75 - Hamburg

NBK9v39.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

The Hamburg job looked as good a bet as any for getting a toe into German football. The club was on a slide down the Bundesliga, racking up debts and finishing in successively poor places to threaten that relegation may be on the cards in the coming years, but we bucked that trend with a superb season especially from an attacking point of view.

Six free transfers and a loan deal ensured the squad was bulked up, allowing me to spend the £7m I recouped from selling a squad centre-half almost entirely on young players, many of whom were loaned out. I hope I can build a dynasty at Hamburg in the coming years (although honestly I wouldn't say no to short-cutting into the Bayern job if it did come up).

Unfortunately, a superb season was derailed slightly as we lost the last three league games of the season, dropping to 8th and missing out on the 5th placed finish which had looked likely most of the campaign. A win in the German Cup Final would still see us into Europe, but unfortunately Dortmund were too strong and beat us 3-2 to ensure we'll again focus only on the domestic game in 2075/76.

Next season we will strengthen the defence and continue to look to sign bargain players for both the first-team squad and for the future. Just a little more consistency is needed to finish three or four places higher than this campaign, and continue the upward momentum at the club.

Challenge Progress

Club

International

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2072/73  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management
2073/74  ENG  Fulham         11th             R4                      Took over with 18 games remaining, in 17th
2074/75  DEU  Hamburg         8th             F

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

So it seems as though a lot of you want a new thread. I must admit I don't.

I think the challenge takes most people more than 1 version of the game.

The Sammarinese Challenge (which is the other long term challenge) keeps the same thread each year.

Even if NW and Earl finish the challenge, the rest of us will still be playing FM15.

If we have two threads then any discussion about the challenge as a whole will be split up.

We do have a Hall of Fame and post to deal with any bugs. I was the first to start the challenge so post number 2 is ready to be a Hall of Fame, and we can alter it when we wish. There's not much there yet because I'm waiting for NW and earl to finish. I plan to provide some statistics about nations used and other records for those who complete the challenge. Unfortunately we can't really have records for those who start the challenge, although I promise if anybody ever passes NW for the number of different clubs and nations managed it will be celebrated; if celebrated is the right word. I just want NW and Earl to complete before expanding that section.

FM16 doesn't look as though it has anything that will change the challenge significantly.

A new thread would encourage people to start straight away, and I don't know if that will be a good idea.

However, even though I do feel very strongly that we should just keep using this thread, it is a democracy and I think that a big majority of us seem to want a new thread. Please do give your opinion if you haven't already (Brettney, Bartrcm, Jambo?) or if I have managed to change your mind.

If we do decide the start a new thread, and forgive me being blunt here, are we going to call it 'Vikeologist's FM16 Ultimate Challenge' or just 'FM16 Ultimate Challenge'? Remember, I don't want a new thread, but if we do have one, having branding like Dafuge's, Gundo's etc might be an advantage.

Incidentally, I do plan to play a couple of seasons on the new game to

-identify any major bugs and warn people

-give the new game a go. I'm as curious as anybody

-hopefully get promotion. God I miss promotion. I haven't been promoted once on FM15. If you look at how much I'm sucking at Newcastle, you might be surprised to hear that I was promoted in previous FM versions.

Hopefully it won't suck me in too much.

PS - I think this thread will be a lot more enticing once we do have completers and a Hall of Fame. No pressure on you, NW and Earl. I'd just say that if you don't complete this by the day the beta comes out, you will have let us all down and betrayed the trust that we are all placing in you. Honest, no pressure.

You've been on here the longest . So for me it would be up to you

Another update

huLhgNZ.jpg?1

Took Over Brazil . No Other Interesting club's so applied for Bangor City . Took Over In 12 place when league split in 2 . Won All but 2 Games finished in 7th . Would have been 2nd if league hadn't split . Won The Welsh Cup against TNS 4-0

First Game for Brazil was against Argentina in Superclasico drew 2-2 won on pen's . Resigned as Manager of Bangor City as . Applied for job at Palmeiras in

Brazil and got the job

The main reason I was "voting" for a new thread is simply to where Vikeologist can get like the first 3-5 (or whatever would be necessary) to where we could present all of the clarifications in the rules, we could do a version-by-version history of completions/Hall of Fame, have a post detailing the "easiest" way to do season-by-season updates and the "code", and probably one or two other good ideas I'm not pulling up at the moment.

Just a re-organization and final clarification of ideas to enable the challenge to have the longevity like the other big challenges do. Not that it can't with the start we have -- I'm just talking ease-of-use when the thread (this or a new) gets to 80 or 90 pages, for example. We might wish 7 years down the road that we did clean things up that we're not thinking about at the moment. :) It'll be much easier to say "Check Post #3, answer is there" then having to do repeats on the most frequently asked/discussed stuff, for example. I also think it'll be the easier way to keep people who are doing the challenge on the new game and those still on the old all together. Obviously, we aren't expecting major gameplay changes -- but there will no doubt be something wonky that will happen to where having an extra post or two at the beginning of the thread can cut down a lot on clutter as the challenge grows through the years.

I don't have an issue either way... and I wouldn't have any issue with it becoming Vikeologist's Ultimate Challenge or something similar, either. I don't think it can be argued that it was his energy and enthusiasm that really got this thread off the ground. Not that I don't think LGRT would have had the same intensity, but real life/cpu issues happens to us all.

The Hamburg job looked as good a bet as any for getting a toe into German football.

Yes! PLEASE lead my beloved HSV back to their former glory - and complete the challenge in the process... ;)

God, I wish I started this challenge sooner. Want to get on it straight away, but with the new FM16 coming up it will be difficult not to be tempted into buying that!

Most of the longtime players of the challenge are going to recommend that you wait to start this challenge on the new game, anyway...

There were issues that would and did appear before the game was patched up that greatly affect the ability to complete the challenge. So, you probably have until at least January or February before the old-timers on this one would recommend starting an Ultimate save on 16.

No shame in leaving the save unfinished and restarting in the new game anyway! Hope you will join us! :)

There were issues that would and did appear before the game was patched up that greatly affect the ability to complete the challenge. So, you probably have until at least January or February before the old-timers on this one would recommend starting an Ultimate save on 16.

Exactly - so just start on FM15 now :-)

A question to you guys who have played maybe 5 season+ on this savegame.

As you move from club to club, do you try to bring known players with you, or do you always go for "new" players as you move to another club?

Do any of you keep a record of players with most appearances "under your management" ?

I do keep such a record, and plan to maybe post it again (like I did once before) later this evening. Its really few players actually that pass 100 appearances in my case.

As you move from club to club, do you try to bring known players with you, or do you always go for "new" players as you move to another club?

Do any of you keep a record of players with most appearances "under your management" ?

I've probably only signed former players 3 or 4 times in the whole challenge, and like you I don't think they'll have got more than about 100 appearances (maybe a bit longer for some of my regulars at the clubs I stayed at for a long time). Unfortunately I haven't done any detailed tracking to know for sure who my career all-stars are.

Interestingly, now I've been going a long time, some of my former players are managers. Bledar Ymeri, who I had at Roma, has been particularly solid at Parma and is often linked with big jobs. I should look around more to see if there's others I notice.

I've probably only signed former players 3 or 4 times in the whole challenge, and like you I don't think they'll have got more than about 100 appearances (maybe a bit longer for some of my regulars at the clubs I stayed at for a long time). Unfortunately I haven't done any detailed tracking to know for sure who my career all-stars are.

Interestingly, now I've been going a long time, some of my former players are managers. Bledar Ymeri, who I had at Roma, has been particularly solid at Parma and is often linked with big jobs. I should look around more to see if there's others I notice.

Looking at your performances I would guess your all time performers are players from either Bengaluru, Monaco, Roma, Man.City, Wellington or Perth. Maybe in combination with players from Brazil national team where you spent a lot of time...

Maybe in combination with players from Brazil national team where you spent a lot of time...

Ah yes! Definitely Rubens, the Brazil and Monaco left winger, will be in there. I also had one striker at both Bengaluru and one of the South Korean clubs, so he'd be in there.

I don't remember my time in Wellington and Perth very warmly, unfortunately!

I'm about to sign a veteran central defender who was a key player at Man City, but it's on a free and he's 37, so we'll only get one season from him in Hamburg, but it puts him in and around there too.

Season 2075/76 - Hamburg

NBK9v39.png

League | Schedule Part 1 & Part 2

Hamburg desperately needed European football to improve the financial situation, so whilst I'm disappointed that we haven't made as fast progress as I would have liked, a 6th-placed finish is good enough to send us into the Europa League next season and hopefully continue the upward trajectory.

The season began with the sale of our star left winger to Manchester United: a necessary move with the finances, and which funded both permanent additions at starting left back and rotation striker and also a loan replacement for the season. Initially it seemed we badly missed the creative influence on that left side, as we stumbled to some poor opening results, but a club record nine-match winning streak restored us to the fight at the top.

I'm actually quite pleased with our record against Bayern, which is solid for the level of team we have been. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of our efforts against Dortmund and Leverkusen, and that's where we'll need to improve to break into the elite.

Two good free transfer deals are lined up and I'll try to add the right bargains around it to keep us moving upwards. I've rejected six Premier League jobs (including Newcastle, meaning I've now rejected them and England two times each, something I'd never have predicted at the start of the challenge), FC Koln and Sevila in the past year to stick it out at Hamburg. I'm not sure if I will be able to resist if Bayern ever come knocking (not imminent with their having won the treble this year), but I'll try to stick it out for dllu and so that I feel rather less guilty at asking Vikeologist to stay at Newcastle!

Challenge Progress

Club

International

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
2074/75  DEU  Hamburg         8th             F
2075/76  DEU  Hamburg         6th             R3

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups

An American Werewolf in Football!

http://americanwerewolffootball.wordpress.com

Stevenage F.C. - 2017-18

StevenageFC_zpsyvtw9dbh.png

All Competitions | Profile One | Profile Two

Stevenage F.C. were able to continue our speedy ascent up the English pyramid with another season with honors, this time winning the Sky Bet League One going away. Our club didn't gather quite as many points as we had in the previous season in League Two, but I think I was more impressed by this season. At one point we had a twenty-eight game unbeaten run, and we won the league still having five fixtures to play.

As far as cup performances went, we repeated as Johnstone's Paint Trophy finalists, but for the second year running we were found wanting in the final, this year by Tranmere. I'm actually a little disappointed that with rising to the Championship that we won't be trying to get back for a third straight season, this time to win it -- but of course, that is not to be and we won't be complaining!

The story of our team was again French dynamo starlet Thierry Ambrose. He actually scored MORE goals making the jump up to League One, with a total of 44 goals in 55 appearances across all competitions. In the league alone he scored 37, creating 8, with a 7.58 average rating to take home Sky Bet League One Player of the Year, the second straight season he has won the Player of the Year in his club's league. We *did* activate his transfer clause with our promotion and had to pay City £1.5M. While this wasn't ideal, it didn't really matter because Thierry, even though he lists me as favored personnel and Stevenage as a favored club, thought he'd gone as far as he could with our club.

While Ambrose never reached a listed valuation of more than £1.7M after a torn calf in the final fixture of the season, he had twenty-two teams after him on his return to fitness! It was Hull who initially turned his head to the Premier League, go figure. Anyway, we'll miss him greatly, but we got £4.5M immediately, another £2.5M coming over the next year, and another £1M coming when he nets his tenth goal, plus we will receive 20% of his next sale, so I felt I brokered a very good deal.

Other standout performances were from Tom Lawrence, who also brought offers above his valuation and was thus sold -- and Ed Smits, the young Dutch striker still on loan from Manchester United. Smits was overshadowed by Ambrose, as much as you can overshadow a young man who scores 33 goals in 45 appearances across all competitions. He scored 29 and created 6 in the league for a 7.39 average, and finished 2nd in the Player of the Year to his teammate. He and others who made a real impact will be staying on loan through the next season, with some of those names including Dan Crowley, Harry Donovan, and our new club captain in young Norman Webb, who will be skippering the team during his loan spell from Arsenal. He has the leadership and all of the ability you want out of a captain, and we are hopeful that we can make his loan spell permanent, but he will undoubtedly command a high transfer fee.

Goalkeeper Liam Walsh was ever-present for us during the title run, but he was also sold, to Liverpool, for a large profit. Our brain-trust felt he had peaked, and while he would have been a decent player for the Championship, we were clueless to why Liverpool was so interested as they were literally the only team interested and tripled his valuation with their offer out of nowhere. I had been scouting goalkeeper George Long and was actually beginning his negotiations when I got the offer from Liverpool, so it was excellent timing. I'd paid £17.5K for Walsh, and he'd appeared 40 times on the way to a title and got me £350K. I feel that is good business! :)

I tend to write my seasonal update a week or two after the transfer window closes for the new season so I can make an update on those types of business if I choose, and in the two weeks right after the transfer window, I was offered Australia's senior national team's managerial post, but I declined. We'd started just a *touch* rocky in the league and I didn't want the extra headaches and speculation and such around the squad. They were 30th in the world when they offered me the job out of thin air, though -- so I am obviously making an impression on people.

I would just prefer to start my international career managing a European side as I started my career in Europe. Obviously I'll need trophies that I could have won managing Australia, I just think if I start with a European nation it will benefit my reputation more in the short term as I intend on staying in Europe for a while. My character just turned 24 in July, so I can wait for what I feel is a better opportunity -- I don't have Australia loaded, and I just recently got the board to expand to scouting the entire world after the sales in the transfer window, so I don't have really any Aussie scouting knowledge, nor could I really think of a way to get it to help me in a club aspect, which I think I may be able to do if I stay in Europe.

According to my history, since I took the reins at Stevenage, I have a net transfer spend of positive £1.65M. So we've made a good profit overall, even with me spending the £2.5M in promotion clauses, one of which was very good business (£1.5M for Ambrose), and one which looks to be not so much. Patrick Steer is transfer listed and has a current valuation of £205K and hasn't had much interest in him until just recently. He's had a few unfortunate injuries anytime he's had any kind of form at all, and it has hampered him. He *does* still have a 4 gold star with a 5th black star for potential, so it is possible he could be a solid player as he gets older. He is still only 20 years old, but he is my sixth-choice striker at this point if everyone is fit, so he isn't seeing much of the first team.

It is my goal to consolidate in the Championship, but the Stevenage board is ambitious and are expecting at least a top-half finish in our first season up. They finally did invest £650K last season when I was wondering if they would ever invest any money into the club, and they've been much more receptive to my requests since we had that bit of a windfall. I can hire four more new scouts, which would bring us to eighteen, and our coaching staff is getting fairly specialized. I am going to wait on any new scouting and coaching hires until my knowledge has improved a bit, though -- as at this point I feel I'd be getting more quantity than quality and I'd like to avoid any unnecessary financial constraints. I'd been using a Director of Football mainly for an extra set of eyes (the wisdom of crowds) but Steve Kember has retired and I haven't put thought to filling the spot.

Thanks as always for following my voyage, and wish us luck in the Championship! :D

Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

[b]Club Career:[size=2]

[i]2015-16: England - League 2 - Stevenage FC:[/i] Above mid-table finish was expected, we crashed out in the Playoff Semi-Final to miss promotion.
[i]2016-17: England - League 2 - Stevenage FC:[/i] Expected to win title, won League 2 with record point total of 104.  Promoted.  JPT Finalist, great cup performances. 
[i]2017-18: England - League 1 - Stevenage FC:[/i] Initial expectation of Playoffs, won title with five fixtures remaining.  JPT Finalist 2nd straight season. [/b][/size]

[b]International Career:[size=2]           

[i]2015-Present:[/i] Unemployed internationally.    [/b] [/size]  

[b]Minor Trophies:[size=2]

[i]Sky Bet League 1 (2017-18), Sky Bet League 2 (2016-17) [/i]     [/b] [/size]        

Archived