• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skelmersdale United

Season Summary 26/27

Premier League

Final Position 5th

The League:

Following last seasons solid entry to the PRM, I was convinced with a few new signings we could compete for gaining entry to Euro Cups as well. With board giving us a little 40 mill total, I went on a shopping spree and let a few players go quite cheap, to not hurt finances too much, as we are still sitting in our 5K stadium. This will change come next season, where we move into our new 14.4K stadium. We were never challenging for the title, we were close to the 4th place for some time, but finishing 5th is more than pleasant. Stayed with the formation I have been using, but changed the mentality from counter to control and fluid. Figured with better players, this was a better option. It both paid of and penalized us at same time. We were the most scoring team with 78 goals in the league, but also conceded 49. In comparison, league winners Chelsea scored 73 and conceded 21, Man utd in second only conceded 19 :eek: We also had 3 players in Team of the Year :applause:

The Players:

Will list both new and old signings, but will list the current preferred 11.

Keeper: Juliano had 7 seasons in Man Utd before being sold to Grêmio for 950k. He played 2 seasons there before joining us for 1.9mill.

Defense: DL Budzilek. Is playing well for us, I could probably get a better player, but I hope he will mature into a better player and am happy with this current contributions. DC Luciano Maggiolo bought from Arsenal de Sarandi for 4.3mill as look like a keeper for years, building my set pieces around him. DC Lee Price bought from Southampton for 2.3 mill. Had a good season and looks really talented. All of defense is currently our weakest point and Maggiolo and Price will have competition for their spots with Arroyo joining in the summer. They are all young, but I haven't been able to find better players for the money I want to pay. I am hoping that with Euro entry we can pick up a really great player pre season. DR Amine Seguin bought from Juventus for 1.9, is a good player for his cost price, but also here I am hoping to find a great replacement.

Midfield: We have 4 great players and it is a puzzle to give them all playing time, but Ferri (bought from Torino for 5.25) and Izzo (bought from América for 5.75) are my current favourites. Izzo as the defending role Ferri as playmaker. They both are amazing.

Inside Forwards: AMR Larkin free signing from Reading must be the scoop of the year. 15 assists and 6 goals in 40 matches is more than pleasing in his first season here. On the left side I do have a dilemma. Gaúcho was signed from Internacional for a measly 42.5K and was meant for playing backup, but has really impressed. Derek Kelly have had 2 seasons with alot of injuries and I didn't really start using him until late season (as he started to complain about playing time) But he stepped up to his former self and scored 8 goals and 5 assists in 14 games. Dilemma isn't made easier by Moha joining from Zaragoza in the summer break. Moha looks amazing and can really use his 19 free kick, as I don't have any "good" free kick takers.

Attack: Duca signed from Steua for 8.25mill and is our record purchase. He didn't impress play as well as i had hoped, but he is versatile and should I get a monster striker, he can easily take the AMR. Babo was our best player beyond doubt this season. With 33 goals and 11 assists in 44 games. That record not only had him as topscorer in the league, but also Footballer of the Year.

The Cups:

We entered in the 3rd round in the FA Cup and had a nice run, until we met overachieving M'boro and had a 2-2 game both home and away and went on to loose on penalties. 12 years managing Skelmers and we took our first trophy winning the Capital One Cup. We entered in the second round and won 1-0 home to Stevenage. 3rd round we beat Northampton 3-1 home. 4th round Watford 3-2 away. 5th round and our hardest game we got even with M'Boro and beat them 5-4 away (a tad lucky here). Semi Final saw dominating Fulham 4-2 both home and away and in the final we beat League Champions Chelsea 4-1 in a game they dominated, but our capitalization on chances was just better.

Managers Goal of the Year -

Am looking forward to playing in Europe and with a strenghtened defense and maybe a new attacker, we should do well. Mostly I do look forward to the new stadium. Board agreed to improve all aspects that were available and for some odd reason, they also put 20mil in the bank. With triple the capacity and hopefully game and tv money that shouldn't be needed. Am still 300k under wage budget and didn't spend all the transfer funds.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!
18/19	Conf	9th	None	None	2nd Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd None
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
20/21	L2	12th	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None
21/22	L2	1st	None	None	5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi F	None	Promoted!
22/23	L1	3rd	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Qtr F	None	None
23/24	L1	2nd	None	None	3rd Rnd	Final	1st Rnd	None	Promoted, Capital One Runner Up
24/25	CH	4th	None	None	6th Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None	Promoted via playoffs
25/26	PRM	12th	None	None	6th Rnd	4th Rnd	None	None	None
26/27	PRM	5th	None	None	6th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winner, Euro Qual

BadgeMaidstone_United.png

Maidstone United Football Club - Vanarama South - 2016/17

What a season this was. We didnt start well and we spent a lot of the first half of the season in the bottom half of the table never in danger of relegation but never looking like putting together a decent run of form to move up the table. We were very inconsistant until week 23 when I changed tactics and we went on a miraculous run of form. We won 16 of our final 21 league games and only lost 3 of those games which propelled us right up the table. We snuck into the playoffs with only 3 games to spare as we were 6 points behing the leaders. The final day was unreal. We started in 3rd position 2 points behind 2nd and 3 points behind 1st place. We won 5-1 against bath and amazingly other results went in our favour. We won the league on goals difference.

League Table - Amazed we won the title. When we went on our good run I thought we may sneak into the playoffs. I never imaged taking the title!

Past Positions - You can see how our form was so inconsistant for large stages until the big revival in the 2nd half of the season.

Cups - Nothing special. Again!

Squad - Had some issues in the season with morale and I was even called in for a board meeting to discuss this. Thankfully got the playes back on side. Will need a few new faces to improve the squad for our first season in the Conference Premier.

Transfers - Big turn around of players. Brilliant to get Pask back on loan again. Kashket was sensational and Mekki was our only proper money signing and was well worth it.

Finances - £326k in the bank. Made a profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Lyle Della Verde - Another solid display this season. plenty of goals and assists. Hopefully he can step up a level.

Elijah Gabsi - Threw his toys out of the pram in the early season for not getting game time. He forced his way into the team and never got dropped in the 2nd half of the campaign.

Adam Mekki - 16 goals and 13 assists. Took a while to get going but in the 2nd half of the season he was unplayable.

Scott Kashket - Joined just before the change around in form. Lead the line well and got 17 goals in 23 also getting 7 assists.

Next Season

All about survival next season. Hopefully we can improve the playing and coaching staff and have a solid season.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South             8th   
2016/17         Vanarama South             1st                Champions            

Cheers! It's the defensive part which so far is what keep me from challenging for the title. Changing from counter to offensive is exciting and frustrating - had a game being up 2-0 after 12 mins, then down 3-2 half time. But feel really comfortable now with steady finances, just need the rep up to sign the best players.

Any specific rules for our manager profile? I'm only gonna limit myself to 4 loans any only signing regens unless my hoy or director of football recommends a 15-17/18 yr old

Apart from reputation and coaching badges no ,though a guideline is to pick realistic options regarding Nationalities, Languages etc..

FC United – Conference 2017/18 – Season 3

So after claiming the Conference North Title last season the board were again expecting a title challenge despite being a newly promoted side, whilst the Media Predicted we'd finish in the playoffs, with the bookies gave us an outside chance of the title but weirdly made Mansfield favourites.

Transfers - Busy season as I went about rebuilding the side, though a fair bit of my work was done early this season as I had to replay pre-season three times due to the game crashing on me after I'd done some skinning and forgot to save the game (and then stupidly did the same thing again :() on the plus side it meant I already had an idea of who to sign and managed to secure three quality players from Man Utd before they'd even officialy been released, though I did miss out on Left Winger Mitchell this time, I also noticed that for some reason the Conference doesn't have any loan restrictions in place so I pretty much loaned in anyone who was decent and would come to provide the squad depth this season.

Saleswise it was mainly releasing players who weren't good enough with the stepup, though I lost Right Back Love right at the end of the transfer window after he demanded a move to St. Johnstone who stumped up a club record £100K for him, whilst in January I sold Winger Adams who I liked but just wasn't good enough for this level and Sam Byrne's time at the club finally ended after some more shocking performances were met with him demanding first team football instead he was shipped over to Nuneaton (who would get relegated) for a decent £10K.

FA Cup - We beat out fellow Conference side Nuneaton in the Qualifers before drawing an insanely strong League One Sheffield Utd (they fielded the likes of Lichaj, Dervite, Spearing, McClean, Sordell and Baxter) we put up a good fight against them but just couldn't take our chances, on the plus side we did earn a record £80K from the tie.

FA Trophy - We suffered a shock defeat to North side Altrincham as my second string just didn't turn up, though at least we weren't taken through half a dozen replays this time.

Conference - An excellent season as we romped home to our second title setting a new points record in the process, again it was thanks to our excellent defence as we conceeded the least goals by far, though my attack did their part this season as we finished joint top scorers.

We started strongly winning three of our first four games included a win at Northampton but then lost our way a bit as we lost to Mansfield, Ebbsfleet and Crawley, however after that we found our stride and embarked on a record breaking 35 league game unbeaten run.

However it took us forever to break away from the other sides as both Northampton and Bristol Rovers matched us in the first half of the season and then things got complicated in the middle of the season as thanks to cup games and postponements all three of us had played different amounts of games and we'd dropped down to third due to being two games behind, and then reclaimed top place thanks to having played more games, but Bristol couldn't keep up the pressure and lost their games in hand which harsly cost their manager his job (which they then offered to me) and it wasn't until the 32nd game when we'd again all played the same amount and we'd finally opened a decent lead of seven points.

Finally a run of nine straight games allowed us to capture the title with six games to spare, and with Northampton crumbling it was Macclesfields time to be our nearest rivals, however a late run from Bristol saw them claim the runner-up spot, however as fate would have it Kidderminster who'd only recently snuck into the playoffs at the expense of Woking would go onto win the playoff and join us in the Football League.

Though the season did end on a sour note as we lost to Braintree in the second to last game costing us our unbeaten run, but at least ended the season on a high with a 5-0 thrashing of Forest Green.

Squad and Overview

New Keeper Dean Henderson was in excellent form in goal keeping an impressive 17 clean sheets.

At Right Back was new signing Danny Holmes who'd been released by Tranmere and whilst he didn't offer as much threat going forward as the departed Love he was solid defensively. At Left Back Louis Rowley kept his place and contined to improve though I'm not sure if he'll be good enough next season.

At Centre-Back I brought in Rhys Bennett who'd been released by Rochdale and he proved to be an excellent addition being a rock at the back whilst also being rather deadly on corners he was also named Fans Player of the Season, partnering him was Irishman Charles Dunne who had another fine season though he picked up far too many yellow cards.

On the Right Wing was yet another former Man Utd trainee Joe Riley who had an excellent season and was equally adapt at creating or scoring goals, though my Left Winger Sam Clucas who'd been released by Chesterfield was even better as he tore up the league and was named Player of the Season.

In the Centre of Midfield Norwegian Sondre Tronstad had a fine season in the Advanced Playmaker role and by the end of the season had even started to create goals (well he set up a lot more goals than the nine listed it was just that he was the one that released/picked out the player who would go onto assist the actual goal). However finding him a partner to play in the Deeplying Role was a problem I brought in highly rated Irishman Darragh Lenihan who'd been released by Blackburn however I struggled to get him Match Fit and I couldn't really get him an extended run in the team, which meant he rotated with Welshman Chris Dawson who also struggled to stay fit, thankfully I had a ton of loan players to fill in not that any of them really impressed.

Upfront it was all change yet again first up was Highly Rated Man Utd Youngster Ruairi Croskery who had an impressive season in the Advanced Forward role and thanks to a hat-trick in our final game he was our top scorer, though in the second half of the season he was overshadowed by Promising Striker Barrie Cass who arrived on loan from Blackburn and just tore the league apart grabbing close to a goal a game.

Providing Support in the Deep Lying Forward Role were two retrained players first up was NIrishman Callum Camps who proved a useful option upfront claiming an impressive 11 goals, however he was overshadowed by new signing Irishman Jordan Graham who'd been released by Aston Villa and he was initialy brought in to provide support on the Wings but with my Wingers in fine form he was moved upfront and made a good impression grabbing 12 goals though he should have had more as at times his shooting was dreadful.

The final option was Nicky Maynard who joined towards the end of the season and was more a signing for next season, bit of a shame that his career never seemed to take off as I remember having him back in the early years of the challenge when he was a promising youngster at Crewe.

Best XI - About right though I'd swap Camps for Graham.

Overall XI - New signings Henderson, Bennett, Riley, Holmes and Croskery all make the bench though I'd expect changes next season as from the starts only Dunne, Rowley and Dawson are likely to still be here next season.

Finances - Not looking bad as again we make a tidy profit, we were also given a nice £131K for winning the Conference, though we then had to take out a bank loan of £183K to pay for our enforced stadium upgrade, that meant our facilites upgrade was cancelled.

Reputation - Our reputation increases slightly to 1.5 stars.

At the end of the season we finally turned professional and had our scouting range upgraded to cover whole of the British Isles.

Profile - Slight increase to my attributes as I am now a 1.5 star Attacking Coach (which may explain our scoring problems :)) I also finally claimed the Manager of the Year award, but somehow despite our form only managed to win the one Manager of the Month Awards.

Elsewhere Everton somehow managed to win the Premier League Title, whilst Hull lost in the Europa League Final to Chelsea.

Goals for next season

- Survive and hope the board don't demand a third promotion in a row.

- Add some squad depth and we may need a better Centre Back and Left Back next season.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 1,059,348 (41,283)

Single Season: 617,814 (57,435)

Single Season in England: 617,814 (28,532)

Single Season Conference : 617,814 (201)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLightShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Conference[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]617,814 / 1,059,348[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Great back to back Promotions michaeltmurrayuk. Nicky Maynard will be a great addition.

Similar to what I normally do in your guide a few pages back so recommend people check that out if just starting out as the transfers stuff has really been the key to when I have completed this challenge in the past years.

I had a crack at this towards the end of last season, and really enjoyed it. I didn't do anything special in that I stayed in the Skrill North for 5-6 seasons before FM15 came out, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding - and like last year, I'll also be giving my goalkeeper freekick and penalties to see if I can unearth the next Rogerio Ceni.

...and also like last year, I'll be giving it a crack with a team where a bunch of my family live;

xSbQGyX.png

Nantwich Town

'The Dabbers'

fhBDjq2l.png

I went for a more tactical styled manager, though I think this is purely because I think it'll make things easier for me to begin with. I feel like being able to interact well with the staff, players and board is far more important early on than being able to teach 'shooting' well - because they're all a bit rubbish anyway. By the time I get to a decent level, I should be able to employ better coaches anyway.

I have 35k weekly wage budget... im currently spending 19k and wont be spending more... but i cant increase number of coaches, cause they cant find the funds for one more coach with max 500 wage... i'm stuck on 3 coaches, i dont even pay attention to messages about unhappy players with training... so irritating...

BadgeMaidstone_United.png

Maidstone United Football Club - Vanarama Conference - 2017/18

We actually performed a lot better than our final league position suggests. We led in plenty of games but would either go on to lose or drawer throwing away valuable points. At the beginning of the season I was worried by this as we were stuck at the bottom of the table. We picked up and never moved above 14th all season but All we needed was a bit more luck and quality and we could have been further up. We were never really threatened with relegation but at the end it got a bit tight. We had a positive goal difference at the end of the season which is surprising for a bottom half finish but hopefully we can build on that for next season.

League Table - I would have taken 20th at the start of the season so 16th is a good finish. Hopefully can improve on this next season.

Past Positions - After the initial shock of moving into the new league we adapted well and were pretty consistant all season.

Cups - Really want a FA Cup run. No luck this season falling at the first hurdle.

Squad - Getting a goal scoring forward was the problem this season. Kashket had a poor start but came on strong at the end, shame he is leaving on a free. Tried to bring in a couple of experienced strikers but that didnt work. Will go hunting for a striker over the pre season.

Transfers - Mainly brought in these players as depth. Shulton performed well as did Anthony. Tubbs and Akinfenwa didnt produce results.

Finances - £738k in the bank. Keep making a profit. Presumably due to attendances averaging 1976 fans per game.

Key Player Profiles:

Lyle Della Verde - Stepped up well. 16 goals and 9 assists. Great return. Top scored from midfield.

Scott Shulton - Brought in as a squad player but performed well so kept his place. Not the best player but performances were brilliant.

Jack Parkinson - Another great display at the heart of the defence. Need more of the same next season.

Next Season

Hopefully we can improve on this season. I would take another season of surviving and hopefully stabilising before we push on.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South              8th   
2016/17         Vanarama South              1st               Champions 
2017/18         Vanarama Conference         16th           

Marine 2016-17 (Season 2)

"A defence made of paper"

League - 19th

FA Cup - 3rd Qu Rd

FA Trophy - 2nd Rd

Another season of excellent inconsistency. Finished with the leagues top scorer but we conceded over 100. We couldn't close out games. Started very well infact got a good amount of wins in early on but faded very badly as the season progressed and was called into the board room after a particular defeat (apparently a 2-1 defeat away to 5th in the league is woeful).

Moments of interest:

Some comical defending in several games. While leading 4-3 in the 90th minute one of CB's chested the ball down majestically in the penalty area and then promptly stepped over the ball and ran away. Cue striker pouncing and 4-4. Most frustratingly it did not go down as a mistake by this player?!?!

Also I'm quite certain my keeper failed to make a save all season.

Key players

Danny Machin - Bizarre loan signing. Scored 18 in 19 for his parent club. Finished top scorer in the league and have him on loan again this year.

Danny Whitehouse - good goal scoring threat and topped it with a screamer from inside our own half!

Matthew Harris - started well with most of his goals coming in the first 8-9 games. Solid throughout tho and good height gives us an out ball.

Wayne Brooksby - solid season again but eventually marginalised by a more solid full back playing wide right

Gareth Owen - key in that he conceded 91 in 35 games. Any advice in what I should be looking for in 'keepers down here would be most appreciated

Last seasons targets

Concede less FAIL

Move on deadwood FAIL

Plans for next season

Concede less

Finish higher

History

Season    League      FA Cup     FA Trophy          Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    17th       3rd Qual   1st rd
2016/17    19th       3rd Qual   2nd rd

Well, you're in for a treat! (says fellow Hereford manager :) ) They gave you 40k weekly in wage?! :eek:

I 'only' got 21k when taking over. Still a decent amount for this league though.

I'll do a full season update at the end, but surely even I, with all the horrible luck I suffered at Droylsden last season, can't possibly f*ck this up from this position?

gfqFmXY.png

Can I?

Horrific start at Hereford... Feel I may have overturned the squad a bit too much! Not touched the STs much, having Diop and Ironside leading with Fleetwood on the bench.

Lost the first 2 games of which I would have hoped for 4pts from. Have then bounced back with a 3-0 win away at Gloucester however need to perform better

so i should holiday with fake managet to 24th june 2015? then quit then add my self how do i get a club wont they already have amangers?
When you add a new manager you can choose the team you want to manage, just like you would when starting a new game. It doesn't matter if they already have a manager.

Blyth Spartans AFC

Season 2017/2018

GRvsvcS.png

Competitions:

League: (1) (2)

Once again we started the season like a house on fire. Everyone was performing and we were flying. Then the crash. We hit a miserable form slump in which we won 2 matches across a span of 17 games from October 31st to February 10th. Injuries to key players did not help matters but we were so thoroughly poor I doubt it made much difference. A final position of 15th was the result of a pretty comprehensively disappointing season.

F.A. Cup

Out in the 2nd Qualifying Round for the second consecutive year this time losing to Gloucester at home 1-0.

F.A. Trophy

And again out of a cup competition at the first opportunity in the 3rd Qualifying Round Replay to Conference North heavy hitters Barrow 5-0. Ugh!

I hate cups so much at this point from now on I'll be drinking my coffee from a ladle.

Transfers

No meaningful departures whilst we bolstered the defence (I thought) with three new signings. Young DC Niall McGoldrick the pick of the bunch.

Squad

We remain short on quality in a few key areas. Its a strange one really because some of the players my assistant doesn't rate all that highly are my best performers. So the question is, where do I aim to improve? Central Defence and the Wings seems the obvious starting point but I don't know. I'm open to suggestions by the way.

Finances

We are on pretty solid ground financially given our status in the world. The Chairman's money is required to keep us afloat but we draw a decent crowd each week and are a lot better off than some clubs in the division. I wish that translated to results on the pitch but unfortunately balance sheets don't score goals.

Key Performers:

Neal Hooks App: 41 Goals: 10 Avg: 6.95

Once again our club captain had a good season but he needs help.

Keiran Weledji App: 39 Avg: 6.94

Another player who has been consistently consistent in his positive performances.

Conor Tinnion App: 43 Goals: 10 Avg: 6.92

Conor has been with the club for awhile now and has always done a job when required. He got more games this year and was almost our best player.

Thomas Mitchinson App: 30 Avg: 6.90

A quality creative player (usually) performs well when he's fit which is not as often as we'd like.

Next Season:

I don't know what our goals for next season are really. I can't aim for more of the same because that gets us nowhere but at the same time I'm not sure promotion or even a playoff spot is realistic. Let's just say we'll see. Starting to get frustrated here.

15-16	Van N	14th	None	None	4th Qual None	None	2nd Rnd	None
16-17   Van N   10th    None    None    2nd Qual None   None    1st Rnd None
17-18   Van N   15th    None    None    2nd Qual None   None    3rd Qua None

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama Conference South - 2017/18

League - we had a good start but we couldn't keep up with it and eventually we dropped places throughout the season.

FA Cup - we had a good run and the Swindon match brought us £70k of revenue.

FA Trophy - a short run.

Squad - the squad is stronger than last season but there are still many areas to improve.

Transfers - the two loans really made a difference.

Finances - relatively stable.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th

Next season

We have been declining and next season we either improve or we'll be in a relegation battle.

I have 35k weekly wage budget... im currently spending 19k and wont be spending more... but i cant increase number of coaches, cause they cant find the funds for one more coach with max 500 wage... i'm stuck on 3 coaches, i dont even pay attention to messages about unhappy players with training... so irritating...

Ask for more physios and then use the extra slot to hire another coach :) it's what I do when the board won't give me space for another coach as coaches and physios use the same allocation of staff.

Also if you have entered your U21 side in to the reserve league you should be able to hire an U21 Manager who will also be able to coach your first team players, and from what I remember a Head of Youth Development can also train players but I think only youth players (cannot remember if a Director of Football can also train players or not).

qMPBhbp.png

King's Lynn

Season 2018/2019

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager /Lg. Records (team) /Lg. Records (ind) / Confidence / Reputation

Outstanding. Magnificent. Stupendous. Absolutely Brilliant. Add any superlative you can think of, and it isn't enough to describe the outcome of season four. Predicted to finish 20th, and given 40-1 odds against winning the title, we proved all of the pundits wrong, and in grand fashion. We took an early run of easy matches (played to just promoted teams in first 3 matches) and grabbed an early lead, and never looked to relinquish control. As we neared the end of the season, there were some threats --- with 5 to play we had a 9 point lead, with 2nd placed AFC Fylde following 3rd placed Stockport, as well as the 7th place Stalybridge to play. The biggest threat came against Stockport, where we played a difficult 1-1 draw as we watched AFC Fylde easily handle their opponent, dropping our lead to 7....and leaving the next match against AFC Fylde as the most important match of the season. Just prior to the match, I held a team-talk that produced a miracle---if we draw or win against Fylde we win the league. The team responded magnificently, and on the pitch Watson grabbed an early goal to put us ahead. The defense were throwing themselves in front of every cross and shot, and by half time, the match was essential over, as Everington scored from the spot to put us up 2-0. Fylde now needed 3 second half goals to keep them in the chase, and they'd only managed 6 shots in the entire first half. Watson secured his 2nd in the 82nd minute to put us up 3-0, and Fylde's 82 minute comeback was the only consolation they had as the match ended 3-1, with us the league champions.

But, the drama wasn't over yet --- there was still one goal left to play for. At this point, my team had gone an incredible 40 matches undefeated in the league. In 16? 17? or more? years of playing the Football/Championship manager series, I cannot remember one time having an undefeated season, and here we are two matches from that feat. After a night's rest and celebration of winning the championship, I set out to try to finish it off strong. The next match against Hednesford provided a scare, and it was only through a stoppage time own-goal that we grabbed an equalizer to keep our record intact. That left just Brackley (18th placed) to get by, and it was just as nervy a match...but Watson scored his 35th of the season as the lone goal to give us 1-0.....and making us INVINCIBLE (steam achievement).

Second year goalkeeper Fell led the league, conceding only 42 goals (earning the best defensive record steam achievement) and keeping 14 clean sheets (6 conceded and 1 clean sheet in the cups). Fullback Jason Crowe finally retired at age 39. HIs replacement Jackson Ramm, now available to play every match, was a revelation. His 7.52 AvR not only led the team, but led the league. He contributed 6 goals from open play and 15 assists, and he closely matched Watson at the end in the league Player of the Season award....in the end, Watson, as the league's top goalscorer, just edged him out. A shame North/South don't have 2nd and 3rd place...I had 3 on the shortlist, and at least Ramm certainly deserved his mention. Midfielder Everington was the third on the Player of Year list, and he followed up his fine year with a 9 goal, 11 assist effort, and his AvR of 7.39 ended up 3rd this season.

My preferred formation for the season was a 4-1DM-3-2 (narrow)--again--and I used it exclusively throughout the season. This year, with just a couple of signings and no real tweaks, everything came together perfectly, as evidenced by the fine form. I had a selection of three centre-backs available to rotate, with a couple of multi-purpose defensive backs able to rotate through as well. My weakness was in the left back position, and I'll need to find a fix for that position in the coming year.

With some decent finances, we asked for and received a youth upgrade---though the message returned stated we would increase to a youth level four --- which was strange, as I was already at a youth four. Later in the season, with a large chunk of funds available, I was granted a 2nd upgrade...but this upgrade cost £650k...a big surprise to me. It was eventually cancelled at the end of the season due to lack of funds. Other requests granted included a coaching course for myself, and the addition of an additional scout for my network. The newly laid pitch (laid down in the summer) is already in terrible condition, and I'll likely have to relay it again.

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Had hopes of the playoffs, but bypassed them completely, won the league outright!

Cup Competitions

The FA Trophy proved to give us our 2nd loss of the season (our first was in the FA Cup 1st round), with van Engel netting our only goal in a 2-1 loss to Learnington. It was a shame...with our form up to this point I had actually hoped to make progress in this trophy---and we'd beaten Learnington 3-1 in our first match of the season. Oh well...a loss was bound to happen...I'd rather it here than in the league (as it turned out).

The FA Cup was a much smoother ride this year, with no rematches required to advance to the First Round. Watson and van Engel teamed up with goals to beat Lincoln 2-1. Watson grabbed two more against St Neots, joining his academy partner Carter (who made a rare appearance this season) who grabbed two goals as well. Fullback Ramm also scored, in what was a 5-0 route of the southern premier team. That put us up against Northern Premier division Rushall, who put up a great fight, and it took two late goals to overcome them (Everington and centreback Whiteoak scoring) in a 2-1 win. This win pitted us against one of our biggest challenges of the series, in an-form Gillingham (who would win automatic promotion to league one this season), in a televised home match. An exciting match which was actually very evenly matched (statistics wise), and we certainly had our chance to advance. In the end, we dropped out 2-1, with Watson gaining only an 88th minute consolation goal. We gave it our best at the end, with 3 or 4 chances (including a van Engel shot rattling the crossbar as time expired). All in all, I am happy about how we played.

Additional Details

Team of the Season Fittingly, fullback Ramm topped the list here, giving all three of my top players a mention in one award or another.

Best XI Inductees -- Two new players, centre-back Whiteoak and left fullback Warburton.

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: Kegan Everington edged out his two competitors for fan's player of year, winning 34% of the vote to Ramm's 28% and Watson's 23%. All three were absolutely on fire all season long, and all three deserve mention here.

Top Academy Graduate

S1: Robin Watson looks to be someone who will be useful in the coming years. Already potential starter material, the coaches figure that he could be useful late into our Varana Conference campaign.

S2: Arran Harding should excite fans for years to come, and he will make an excellent target man. I need to work on his pace a bit to get him ready for real action, but hope to feature him in a season or two!

S3: Robb Lynn --- possibly useful in a year or two. Will have to see if he develops enough...only has Vanarama North potential, and hopefully will be beyond that level soon!

S4: Lee Bolton -- real possibility of using him in the next season or two....my 2nd w/ good conference potential or better

Team, Individual, and league records

A host of records were set or broken this year: (* denotes ongoing record)

[b]Vanarama Conference North[/b]
Most games without losing:  King's Lynn -- 42
[b]King's Lynn -- Team[/b]
Most Games won in a Row -- 9 (previous high: 4)
Most Games withough Losing -- 23* (Previous high: 9) -- only two losses this season were the cup matches
Highest Attendance -- 3151 (vs Gillingham, FAC 1st roung) -- previous record -- 3060 (2015 vs Carlisle, FAC 1st round)
Average Attendance -- 1116 (previous high, 818, 2015/16)
[b]King's Lynn -- Individual [/b]
Top League Goalscorer -- Robin Watson -- 31 (previous record: John Lesley van Engel, 30, 2015/16)
Most Assists -- Jackon Ramm -- 20 (previous record, John Lesley van Engel, 17, 2015/16)
Most League goals for club -- [url="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985700607/screenshot/41985775998149580"]John Lesley van Engel[/url] -- 82*

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Billericay, Basingstoke, Hampton & Richmond, Chorley, Slough, Grantham

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Arsenal (West Brom, Fulham, Sunderland)

Championship Huddersfield (Bolton, Ipswich, Crewe)

League One Portsmouth (Sheffield United, Rotherham, Tranmere, Stevenage)

League Two Mansfield (York, Cheltenham)

Vanarama Conference Newport Co (Bromley, AFC Telford, Dover, Kidderminster)

Vanarama North King's Lynn (Workington, Solihull Moors, Cambridge City)

Vanarama South Bath (Hendon, Eastleigh, Welling)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Manchester United

Capital One Cup Arsenal

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Oldham

English FA Trophy Torquay

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Chelsea

Euro Cup Group Stage: Brighton, Liverpool

Euro Cup Playoff:

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Hull

Euro Cup 1st QR: None

Continental Achievements

Arsenal -- Eliminated from European Super Cup (by Juventus)

Newcastle -- Eliminated from Euro Cup group stage

Southampton -- Eliminated from Euro Cup First Knockout Round (by Athletic)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (by Barcelona)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (by FCP)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions First Knockout Round (By Real Madrid)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (by PSG)

Everton -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (by Juventus)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (by Leverkusen)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League Final (by Juventus)

--

--

What's Next?

Extremely delighted by how the season turned out, especially as I brought in only 4 players (1 on loan). It was a magnificent team effort from what appeared, on paper, to be a subpar team (we were predicted 20th!). Now for the long process of preparing us for the Conference. We've a couple players of conference ability (or at least potential). What was a very strong team for the North may still face challenges. Certainly I am happy with my strikers and most of my defensive backfield, although a left back might still be needed. I'll continue scouting and pick up a couple players if they become available if they prove to be more advantageous, though i don't want to impact my teams' cohesion too much. I'm sure I'll be tipped for relegation, but I hope to do more than just fight relegation. I'd love to get a safe position in our first season in the conference.

Career Overview

Season            Team                 League        Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2015/16	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North	19(21)
2016/17	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North	15(19)		
2017/18	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North	12(22)		         Vanarama North Overachievers!
2018/19	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North      1(20)		         Vanarama North Winners/Overachievers!

I 'only' got 21k when taking over. Still a decent amount for this league though.

no, on his profile picture it says he gets 40k... look again http://i.imgur.com/KXKpDtx.png ... but just now i realized its p/a so its annualy, i guess...

on another note, i dropped Diop... Fitness was just awful, unplayable level inmho.

Ask for more physios and then use the extra slot to hire another coach :) it's what I do when the board won't give me space for another coach as coaches and physios use the same allocation of staff.

Also if you have entered your U21 side in to the reserve league you should be able to hire an U21 Manager who will also be able to coach your first team players, and from what I remember a Head of Youth Development can also train players but I think only youth players (cannot remember if a Director of Football can also train players or not).

I ask always for physios immediately after, but get the same response...

U-21 you say... how good for me that i rejected joining the reserves league to cut the costs... well thought:mad: i think i need a round of :applause:

gfqFmXY.png

14 points clear with eight games left? The team are bottling it...

MMeogga.png

Five to go and it's down to nine points. That wouldn't be so bad, but then I get this complete nonsense in the inbox

CLWbcbk.png

Not even any option to hold a meeting about it, and when I manually go to team meeting, there's nothing about this. If this ends up costing me, I'll be raging. Player interaction needs a lot of work in this version.

Skelmersdale United

Season Summary 27/28

Premier League

Final Position 2nd

The League:

The season started of amazing with 8 straight wins before facing our boogey teams Man Utd, Man City and Tottenham. Despite finding some new excellent defenders, I assume it will take a little time for them to gel properly, as we are still conceding a lot of goals. We scored the most goals with 96 but conceded 60. In comparison, Man Utd only conceded 19 goals in the league, and we scored a total of 5 vs them, leaving only 14 goals conceded in 34 matches :eek: Finishing in 2nd was better than expected, but with all the goals we scored, it "almost" didn't matter how many we let in, as we were pretty much up in all games, except when playing our boogey teams. We have yet to win vs Man City in the league 3 seasons in a row now. Even though 96 scored goals does seem like alot, it hardly reflects our potential. We were averaging atleast 0.7 ruled out goals per match, with a record of 3 goals ruled out in 1 match. (oddly enough, the computer seems to score on their first attack, following a ruled out goal..)

The Players:

Goalkeeper: Juliano did have a good season, despite letting 85 goals in. This is pretty much to be blamed on the defenders. He is still progressing nicely and is backup national keeper.

Defenders: Had a shopping spree here with close to all foreigner with a bias on argentinian players. We bought current national Stewart Caton from Man Utd for 15mill. Wouldn't mind if his offensive abils were a tad better but his defensive are amazing. Augustín Almirón we bought from Racing Club for 7.5mill. Maurricio Arrayo from Atlétic Nacional for 775k (amazing prospect) Steve Ntshingila from Vitesse for 11mill, he was labeled wonderkid when we got him, had to offer him crazy wage as there was 6 clubs in the bidding on him. His stats took a hike following a 7 weeks injury, but he looks brilliant, except from passing. Finally Lucciano Maggiolo in his second season. When these players have gelled and gotten a little more experience, I feel content with our defense.

Midfield: Marc Duhamel signed for free from SM Caen. Was intended for the attack, but he played brilliantly in midfield. Federico Ferri had a strong season as well, and it was a challenge to let our 2 other great MC get playing time. Romo and Izzo both played really good when playing, so definately having a luxury problem here. Tried messing around with 4-5-1, but found I was letting in even more goals that way. (thank you Iker Casillas for that useless suggestion)

Inside Forwards: Larkin had a great followup season and had 17 assists and 16 goals in 40 matches. Another free transfer Moha from Zaragoza was lethal and scored 22 goals and 8 assists in 37 games. Duca was being played both as winger and sc and had a great season for being as versatile as he was with 16 goals and 10 assists in 34 games.

Strikers: In the attack we bought Héctor Cecchi from Estudiantes for 4.7mill which was a bargain. He scored 26 goals in 40 games with 5 assists. Finally our star Babo. 31 goals and 28 assists in 55 games gave him English Young Player of the Year. He could probably have played "better" but he was a victim of his silly manager testing various tactics.

The Cups:

FA Cup, we were expected to reach the 6th round. It started good with 1-0 away win vs Barnsley in the 3rd round, 4th a 4-0 home win vs Bolton. In the 5th we drew Tottenham. 0-0 home and lost a painful 3-1 away.

Capital One, we were expected to reach the quater finals. 3rd round we beat Newcastle 3-0 home, Not.Forest 3-2 home in the 4th, (finally) a win vs Man Utd who lost 1-0 at our home. In the semifinal we had a reply of last season with Fulham, but we hardly performed as well and played 3-3 away and luckily won 4-2 home. In the final we met relegated Hull, who put up a very good fight. 0-0 after 90, but in extra time we proved to be the better team and won 3-0. Winning the Capital One Cup for the second year in a row!

Euro Cup: We were placed in group D with APOEL, Sevilla and Rubin and took 16 points. 5 wins and we drew with Sevilla away. Sevilla H - A, Rubin H - A, APOEL H - A. In the first round we had the pleasure of Napoli. We beat them 4-0 away. At home we were up 4-1 half time and I decided to rest some players - didn't work out and we drew 4-4. In the second round we faced Inter. We lost 4-2 away and despite putting up a good effort at home, we only managed a 2-1 win. Inter then went on and won the cup.

Managers Goal of the Season goes to Shrijvers with his

And in other news: Tottenham has a new home ground - They now play their home games at Wembley :rolleyes: The one and only Rimmer had a testimonial arranged - and with him taking the lead and scoring, we beat Boca 8-2 Board finally saw some value in their manager and offered a near 50k wage increase!

For next season the aim is to control finances better. Wasn't able to get improvements this year. Will have to try and thin squad a little and hope for some good sales. The only area of the team I believe needs a strengtening is DR. In terms of finances, it does seem a little silly, that after 3 years in the PRM, our yearly sponsor money is only just over 3 mill per year.

15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!
18/19	Conf	9th	None	None	2nd Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd None
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
20/21	L2	12th	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None
21/22	L2	1st	None	None	5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi F	None	Promoted!
22/23	L1	3rd	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Qtr F	None	None
23/24	L1	2nd	None	None	3rd Rnd	Final	1st Rnd	None	Promoted, Capital One Runner Up
24/25	CH	4th	None	None	6th Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None	Promoted via playoffs
25/26	PRM	12th	None	None	6th Rnd	4th Rnd	None	None	None
26/27	PRM	5th	None	None	6th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winner, Euro Qual
27/28	PRM	2nd	None	2nd Rnd	5th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winnder, CL Qual

Archived