Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still finding my way around the UI a little, but after a couple of matches the ME's looking very good - I've seen several stylish moves so far. A couple of players have skin tones too light which is a known issue I think. I've had a fluke goal from a misplaced cross in both matches so far. Not a representative sample, but a bit worrying. Overall it's looking good.

I really don't like the look of new 2d classic pitch view. Don't know why bothering changing that.

Game seems to be running a little bit slow at the moment, but this has been addressed. And yeah, I don't know if it's just me, but the text seems big, compared to other things which are really small (like ca/pa stars). And yes, I don't like that there isn't these CA/PA stars in the players overview.

Well first off, I am really enjoying the game - perhaps a bit too much. Started a season with Man City, my favorite team, and proceeded to doing the pre-season. Well, i transfer listed Demichelis as he's not needed - what happens? He gets injured! Well, 3 weeks later, he recovers. I get the "Demichelis is fully fit" message, and ON THE SAME DAY, Demichelis is out injured for another 3 months... Bad luck or WHAT?

Well, on to some of the better things. I beat Arsenal 5-3 in the community shield - a huge amount of goals, but I was prepared to let that slide as a "once-in-a-while" thing. Now in the next game, which is also against Arsenal in the Premier League, I manage to win again.. Guess how much? 9-4.... Something is obviously wrong here. From what I gather:

- Goalkeepers make many passing mistakes.

- Strikers/attacking players shoot on goal a lot and have overpowered accuracy.

- Shooting from tight angles results in goals 9/10 times.

This is not down to the goalkeepers, they actually seem great when they do save something, the problem is that strikers and offensive players in general have superb finishing and placement, leaving the goalkeeper with no chance.

Anyone else encounter this?

When i go to my game instead of going to the pitch and watching the game, it sims past the game and go to the next day... anyway to change it so that i can watch the game.

Is it a friendly? It might be your assistant taking charge of the game. Have a look in Staff Responsibilities.

• Administrators
Anyone help me my mac which is at 4 stars for graphics is running very jerky i have set to recommend and it is still jerky is there anything i can do ??? Not had this issue i'm running mac os x 10.7.5 2.5ghz intel core i5??

Would changing frame rate do anything sorry and thanks..

Rather than recommended, have you tried say medium or low to see how it runs? Let us know, thanks.

• Administrators
On another note - can I post screenshots in this forum? Or at least links to screenshots?

You need to host the image and link to it, you can't host the images on our forums.

If you click the 'image' button, select 'From URL' and make sure 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' is unticked.

It looks like the scouting system is well improved. I shall certainly be testing it.

Good. Since it's a new feature, I'm sure SI will appreciate any feedback on it, not that they don't with other features!

My FM15 crashes (frozen screen) whenever I seem to click on a players 'Development' tab, it will hover over fine and show the drop down menu, but if i click the word 'Development' it fubars the game and I have to close FM15 in task manager. How can I submit a report or something to help SI?

It was always vision in the data & in the match engine, just changed to make that clearer to the user.

Yeh but it doesn't make sense, everyone is going to think that they have player that is blind or has super xray vision.

It should have been changed in the data and the match engine to creativity.

I cannot right or left click next to a player to choose position. I have to drag them all the way to their position on the pitch. Same goes for substitutes. It is extremely annoying. Is this normal or a bug?

It is something which has been implemented into the game and has been noted throughout testing.

If you are on your tactics screen the listed positions for your formation are there and if you left click if will give you your options of players available for each position and who is strongest.

If you're looking for general tips, read the stickies here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Tactics-amp-Training-Discussion

If you're still stuck, read this before creating a new thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS

Not at all! Just reporting what I saw as a possibility of a bug in a medium league. MAYBE the morale now is more important than ever (I started mid-season, my team was 19th placed in a league with 20).

The real problem at the moment is really my players not obeying me.

I just won a match again, and then lost 4-3 to a team in the 3rd division.

Let's see if I can make things happen in a good way :)

My FM15 crashes (frozen screen) whenever I seem to click on a players 'Development' tab, it will hover over fine and show the drop down menu, but if i click the word 'Development' it fubars the game and I have to close FM15 in task manager. How can I submit a report or something to help SI?

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Please read the sticky thread first.

Report this in the bugs forum.

Thanks

Haven't got to a game yet but so far so good...I'm assuming that individual skins will sort out the colour of the side bar (I've begun as Sheff Utd and looks like I've been visiting websites I shouldn't be) also I think the column of 'duty/support' is a bit big and unneccesary on the squad screen. I always like to pik my favourite XI and 7 subs as soon as I begin and this makes it more difficult.

Oh and the one thing I actually came to grumble about I forgot...I think the attribute range is a great idea in principle but in reality it looks like an Excel spreadsheet gone wrong...too much for the eyes to take in.

If I disabled attribute masking would this still be an issue? This is just too much for the eyes....

zx5fqTh.png

Got to my 2nd season game, (3rd game, as capital one cup) and it quit unexpectantly, Mac OS Yosemite..

Started again and it did exactly the same.

Nice game....not.

Report it in the bugs forum. Thanks.

If I disabled attribute masking would this still be an issue? This is just too much for the eyes....

zx5fqTh.png

If you have done that, also try clearing the cache and reloading the skin. Should work.

Say Whaaaat? I never got round to ticking 'disable attribute masking' is there a way of disabling it in game?

In game, no. You need to restart your save and do it when selecting which nations you want to load.

The usual bug is still there - when a foreign free agent signs with a team he's based in, days till nationality reset. Particularly annoying when managing in Hungary, where it takes 8 years to get one. If this is not a bug, then w/e.

• Administrators
In a coaches player reports, can you tell me what is the black i see after half a 3 and a half stars and at the beginning of the 4th star? seems to be youth players.

Black means it isn't known for certain and the players require more scouting. They 'might' reach that star level but the scout does not know for certain yet.

It is something which has been implemented into the game and has been noted throughout testing.

If you are on your tactics screen the listed positions for your formation are there and if you left click if will give you your options of players available for each position and who is strongest.

The listed positions were there, now they are not, only after I drag the player all the way over to his individual position. It's just a grayed out area left of the players.

• Administrators
The usual bug is still there - when a foreign free agent signs with a team he's based in, days till nationality reset. Particularly annoying when managing in Hungary, where it takes 8 years to get one. If this is not a bug, then w/e.

Okay, please raise this here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/425-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

In a coaches player reports, can you tell me what is the black i see after half a 3 and a half stars and at the beginning of the 4th star? seems to be youth players.

It has been mentioned numerous times in this thread and there is a thread not far down GD. Basically it means the player needs to be scouted more.

The listed positions were there, now they are not, only after I drag the player all the way over to his individual position. It's just a grayed out area left of the players.

Next to the players yes, but can you not scroll up to where the positions are? If not, then I haven't experienced that so can't help you. Sorry.

Rather than recommended, have you tried say medium or low to see how it runs? Let us know, thanks.

Just changed it to very low now the sound is intermittant and the graphics are still very laggy it is unplayable surely my system should be able to play this game

• Administrators
Just changed it to very low now the sound is intermittant and the graphics are still very laggy it is unplayable surely my system should be able to play this game

Okay please raise it here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/419-Mac-Specific-Issues

Thanks.

Im just thinking - could it be a driver issue? Not all technical and that, but there is a possibility. What are your specs? :p

It has been mentioned numerous times in this thread and there is a thread not far down GD. Basically it means the player needs to be scouted more.
What do the black stars represent when you see players current/potential ability?

Literally five or six posts up :mad:

Next to the players yes, but can you not scroll up to where the positions are? If not, then I haven't experienced that so can't help you. Sorry.

After a game there are player roles/postions to the left of the players. I press "remove all players" to empty my selection ahead of the next game. Now there are no player roles/postions to the left of the players. If I scroll up/down or right/left click nothing happens. I have to individually drag every player to their position, including the subs which I have to drag to the far right were the bench is.

Match engine looks really good and seems much more polished than on previous releases, good job PaulC and your team.

Really dont like the UI. Someone said its like a fan made one, totally agree with that, it looks really unprofessional after the clean look the game usually has. I cant remember last years UI having much hate so not sure why there has been such a big change. I am sure I will get used to the sidebar, its the general low quality, clumsy looking layout the screens/menus/options have that is the problem.

Archived