Post 2 things you love about FMC, 1 thing you don't

:thup:THE SKIN

I see a lot of negative feedback about the FMC skin, which really surprises me because I think it's fantastic. It's bright, colorful, and I like the generally larger fonts compared to vanilla FM. Another thing which is a HUGE advantage in my book is the way that some of the pages are laid out compared to vanilla. The fact that you can have Transfer Info, Happiness, and (my favorite) PERSONALITY all available right on the player page rather than having to click the "Information" tab is a huge improvement in my mind.

:thup: NO TRAINING

Even more than teamtalks / media stuff, training has always been my #1 most hated aspect of vanilla FM. I'm not sure why; probably because I always forget about it. Plus IMO the training module was always a complete mystery to understand, though I know it has been improved in recent releases. I love not worrying about it in FMC and just seeing my young players improve naturally. I understand a lot of people want PPM training in future FMC releases but to be honest I kind of like not having control over it. PPMs that are out of your control make each player that much more unique and valuable.

:thdn:NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

Seems like kind of a strange omission to me. I understand SI want FMC to be a bit more streamlined than vanilla FM but just putting it on a seperate tab under TACTICS during match day would be all you need to do - then people who want to use it could use it, without it being forced on the player (like in vanilla, where it ALWAYS kicks you to the OI screen on match day preparation). I'm just extra sensitive to its exclusion at the moment because I'm managing in the Skrill North and every team I come up against has one-footed wingers who I can't Show Onto Weaker Foot.

:thup:Transfers & Loans

I enjoy the transfer and loan screens, and all of the options, clauses, etc. that you can add to contracts ... and the fact that contracts are actually 'negotiated.'

:thup:Replays & Multiple Viewing Options for Games

I grew up on "Madden NFL," and there's only one way to watch your team play. I LOVE how you can watch the whole match, or simply the key plays, or anything in between. And not only that ... you can then go watch highlights of ANY game! That is SO COOL! Plus, you can record highlights and even upload them to YouTube. Genius.

:thdn:You Can't Control How Many Days the "Continue" Button Will Advance

Maybe there's a way to do this and I haven't figured it out yet ... but I wish I could only advance ONE DAY at a time, so that I could have more control over my team's training schedule. I don't like how sometimes I will jump 3-4 days into the future ... and skip that many days of training. It prevents me from varying the training schedule at all.

:thup:Fluidity of going through a season

You do not get "stuck" in FMC by reading through endless news and reports and details. It is very fluid, you set up your tactic, check your squad, and can go from game to game and even watch it in 3D and still finish a season fairly quickly.

:thup:Scouting Overview

You click on the scout report and have everything at your fingertips. The same is true for staff members. You do not have to click through the different scout reports but there is one combined report. The set up is simple but effective.

:thdn:Analysis

There is still some limitation as to analyzing your tactic and improving on it.

• 2 weeks later...

:thup:THE SKIN

Gota love the skin, nice and colorful and easy on the eye.

:thup:INSTANT RESULT

Love the instant result, means you can skip the less important matches(quicker game play)

:thdn:EDITED DATA

The fact that you can't use edited data like new leagues is the only downside, i say this because i love adding the lower leagues of england to manage but of course can't in FMC.

All in all FMC is great.

I like 90% of FMC and can't but one thing that annoys me is;

:thdn:Squad Numbers

I love giving my players squad numbers especially ones that are iconic (like the number 7 at Liverpool etc) but FMC doesn;t allow me too

This is entirely possible in Classic, in fact you can change them at any time, multiple times a season.

Click on your squad, and right under the Squad tab will be two options, Players, and Numbers.

EDIT:

FMCTabs_zpscc746975.png

:thup: The pace of the game. Once tactics and squad are set-up, everything works much quicker than in 'normal' FM.

:thup: Tactics. The lack of tactical familiarity makes if far easier to adapt your tactics to your opponent and allows you to experiment a bit without losing familiarity of other tactics that might already be fluent.

:thdn: I know I'm the first one in this thread saying this, but for me its definately the skin that prevents me from playing FMC more often. Personally, I think the FMC skin looks more like a childrens arcade game than a serious management simulation. I would love to have the opportunity to choose between the FM skin and the FMC skin when playing FMC.

• 2 months later...

:thup:The pace of the game

The flow is wonderful and being able to complete many seasons quickly is just terrific.

:thup:The ability to keep your team together

I can build a team and not worry too much about every player wanting out all the time. I like having players who play their entire careers for me.

:thdn:Lack of control over affiliations

Thanks for giving me first chance to buy from a team full of greyed out players. Thanks for not giving me a decent team to loan youth to. Thanks for not getting me a loan with a team who will actually loan me players. It just goes on.

:thdn:Lack of control over affiliations

Thanks for giving me first chance to buy from a team full of greyed out players. Thanks for not giving me a decent team to loan youth to. Thanks for not getting me a loan with a team who will actually loan me players. It just goes on.

I got given an MLS team as feeder club with no players. A few seasons later, a newgen came through there who looked fairly promising, if not amazing. I picked him up for under a million. After a few years with me, he was shortlisted for World Player of the Year and has Chelsea and PSG sniffing around him. ;)

h4XgQM3.png

:thup: Skin

:thup: Tactics (don't want to see OI or any of the more in depth stuff in here)

:thup: No team talks or overbearing media interaction

:thdn: Editor / official transfer updates

:thdn: Player positional training and a *slightly* increased training module

:thdn: Stats & analysis - I'd like a little more

+ Quick gameplay

+ No press conferences

- Can't change squad numbers. This isn't really a problem in the first 1 or 2 seasons, but after a while the squad numbers can become quite strange.

Unless somebody is going to respond to this by saying that it IS possible to change squad numbers in FMC. In which case I will feel like a blithering idiot.

:thup: Just like how the game used to be no faff and no garbage.

:thup: ditto again so under-rated how little the game needs to be so good and FMC offers that.

:thdn: instant result - Ok I can see why it is there but nah this just takes things too quickly just having that button sitting there available to press for EVERY GAME. Yes you don't have to use it but there should be option to not have it available (like in the good old days!!).

I personally love instant result! I use it to skip through the pre-season friendlies. I've never cared much about those. Don't care about the result, just want to rotate my squad in those games to get everybody match fit.

Yeah that's true for friendlies and maybe like a 3rd round fa cup game at home to very low side or even like last Europa game when your already through but then given them, I just think it and then do it for many many other games so kind of spoils it in a way. That's really all I was trying to get at and yeah would rather not have the temptation.

Archived