[FM 14.1.4] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSination 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, went on to win the league and the FA Trophy. Played some fantastic football and only 6 defeats in 46 league games is very respectable in this tough league. Tactic clearly works well at this level:

vszp.png

uj4c.png

My striker hit 32 in the league to finish top scorer:

xecj.png

Team:

6moj.png

Here is my tweaked version of the tactic I used. This is for the latest patch, 14.2.

Grimsby's media prediction was 5th.

No OI's used and training focus was left to 'attacking movement' all season.

Team talks as ever are very important. Do not be afraid to be demanding of your players. I assertively used 'not happy with your performance' if we were losing, drawing or even when we were only 1 goal up at half time, which always motivated the players to do better.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4f2h1nq4d7kuzki/Valentino.tac

Tried your tactic dave byrd and playing wise its quite good but i dont score enough with Spurs. I only made one signing(Lewandowski) and i often struggle making goals and draw a lot.. Any tips? Have played 12 games of the PL and im 12th..

You can try switch your mentality from control to attacking. Spur is a strong team,so just attack!!!

Here is my tweaked version of the tactic I used. This is for the latest patch, 14.2.

Team talks as ever are very important. Do not be afraid to be demanding of your players. I assertively used 'not happy with your performance' if we were losing, drawing or even when we were only 1 goal up at half time, which always motivated the players to do better.

Hiya mate, Having issues downloading from there, says file is not present or just won`t load. Could you upload elsewhere maybe?

Cheers

Real shame to have lost out, we were top for most of the season but our last three games included a draw v Tottenham, loss v Chelsea and win v Newcastle...

1x3f06l.png

Star player, still at the young age of 21.

k83mmz.png

I got to the final of the league cup and won the Euro cup. This is on 14.2 using Dave's tweak, my squad is pretty good but not the best yet as they are all still very young.

Hello, I just downloaded your tactic and for some reason I wanted to tweak it and just cleared up all of your team instructions and made it all on my own without even seeing what you had.

It came out pretty freaking awesome to be honest.

I would like to share it with you or make a new thread and set it up out there for 14.2

Thank you. You can pm me if you would like to.

Hello, I just downloaded your tactic and for some reason I wanted to tweak it and just cleared up all of your team instructions and made it all on my own without even seeing what you had.

It came out pretty freaking awesome to be honest.

I would like to share it with you or make a new thread and set it up out there for 14.2

Thank you. You can pm me if you would like to.

Please share, I'm sure fuss don't mind. Our you can pm me if you want. Would love to try your setup.

Enjoying this tactic with your changes with Arsenal. In 4th season now and 8 games in the league without conceding.

Just using dave tweak tactic with chelsea on pre season matches, results are great. I change the mentality of the tactic quite often depends on the match situation.really looking forward for the season and thx dave for the brilliant tweak.it has been the best tactic i use after the latest patch.

I just leave training on tactics and team cohesion. Team talks Ass Man no OIs.

You can use IFs on attack duty, although not used with Spurs, but should improve goal scoring. Similar tweaks also work on under pressure tactic but gung ho.

Unlikely.

Stumbled across Knap's tweaked version, and thought I would give it a shot with my Villa Team. 6 games in and I have Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 4. Team Famil was at 59% when I imported the tactic. First game using is was home to Man City. 3-2 win, and deserved as well. Bearing in mind morale was on the brink etc - What a fantastic start!

Next 2 games went like this:

L 1-0 (A) Swansea - Unlucky really. Scrappy goal, and we had 3 CCC and should have at least got a point.

W 2-0 (H) Soton - At last a clean sheet! Really solid performance. Dropped Weimann (Average Rating less than 6!) and bought in Bacuna. Seemed to give us a more solid platform to build attacks.

Off to bed now but will post more updates tomorrow.

@dave byrd: I'm using your tweak, would you advise dropping the mentality to standard or counter attack when you take a lead against a better team and you feel they are getting in control of the game, or when you're being outplayed? or do you leave it to "control" in any situation?

@dave byrd: I'm using your tweak, would you advise dropping the mentality to standard or counter attack when you take a lead against a better team and you feel they are getting in control of the game, or when you're being outplayed? or do you leave it to "control" in any situation?

Change to standard after taking the lead against a better side to tighten up a bit.

I also have fun changing to attack once I go a goal or two up against a weaker side at home.

Okay so as mentioned I started a Real Oviedo save using this formation. Couple of free transfers in but Oviedo's squad is already one of the best in the SegundaB1 in Spain so was always hoping to be competing.

I made sure the formation was trained in pre-season as much as possible, and then as the season started I diverted training elsewhere.

I only used OI when against stronger teams, which was rarely. Team talks was just pretty basic stuff, nothing special. I had my mentality set to 'Attacking', and as soon as I went 2 or 3 up I usually put it down to control and sometimes counter depending on how the other team is doing.

Fixtures:

Click Here

League Table:

Click Here

Player Stats:

Click Here

Playoff Semi:

Click Here

Playoff Final:

Click Here

Like I said, Oviedo are expected to compete but I always felt really comfortable using this formation, never doubted my team once. Incredibly solid in the league, two losses at 0-1 and two score draws. Wins everywhere else, including some incredible runs of wins to nil. Cup was a good run too, finally succumbing in the second leg away to Atletico Madrid, and I had a great victory against them in the first leg in one of my most enjoyed matches in any FM ever. Overall, a very good season and really enjoyed using the tactic, looks excellent so far. The real test will be how I get on next season in a more competitive league and if I have any tinkering to do to make it work, and how I adjust the mentality but fairly confident given the results this season and my performances against Atletico Madrid.

I don't think you will need to do much tweaking mate.

206fpyo.jpg

Season 1 NO transfers, best attack, best defence, mental.

Here's a question. I have decided to give Dave Byrd tweaked version a go on a new Villa save. Now I know Villa are a pretty weak team. But their back 2 (Vlaar and Okore) are reasonably strong CB. With push higher up I constantly get rinsed by through balls and balls over the top.

Does this happen less as the team gets more fluid with the tactic?

It's great to see that most people having success here, I'm not unfortunately and must be just one result away from the sack! I really should have a squad to compete in the championship (relegated last year) and this board are ridiculously faithful to me (I've won 5 games out of 45 league games!!)

This tactic is my last hope, hopefully i can get half a dozen games out of it. So far played 3 w1 d1 l1

PS I seem to concede so many goals from headers from corners as well - just lost 2-0 with no CCC for me either :(

Using Dave's tweak i started my 3rd season with Watford in EPL in very good form. 11 games 8 wins and 3 defeats (Chelsea @home and Man Utd and Leeds @away ) Previous 2 seasons i had a 16th and 13rd

Won 3 rounds in league cup against 2 premier division teams and one from championhship .

Then all of sudden and without any reason, no special injuries i lost 4 games in a row ! 2 at home Arsenal leaders and Wigan 19th !! and newcaste 11th and Fulham 16th away

Is it possible the AI cracked the tactic ? I was playing well and last 5 games were horrible, 1 win with luck and then 4 deserved defeats even against the bottom 19th wigan

I've been using this tactic to salvage my Doncaster save.

I've been getting pretty good results with dave's tweak, even with a lot of players playing slightly out of position, and lacking familiarity. I'll build around this tactic going forward, for sure.

I'm streaming if any of you are interested in seeing me work it, or are incredibly bored: http://www.twitch.tv/tlcircus/

Wooow, simply the best tactic i've found here so far, the dave byrd´s tweaked version.

Here my results with Albacete.

AlbaceteBSAD_FixturesSchedule_zpsb122958c.png

AlbaceteBSAD_ReportLastMatch_zpsa9816325.png

SpanishSecondDivisionB4_OverviewStages_zps436beaa2.png

AlgecirasvAlbacete_StatsMatchStats_zps830d1e86.png

AlbacetevGranada_B__StatsMatchStats_zps9345d782.png

For some of you guys asking for a formation for a match or when you're winning:

I usually use this tactic like this--

If Favourite--------Attack

If Even------------Control

If Underdog--------Counter

When Fav or Even and winning for 1 or 2 goals if switch to ¨Standard¨ it works good.

If winning when underdog keep counter of defense.

Update:

22 games played

12 wins

1 draw

9 defeats

42-41 goals

5th place (prediction 15th)

knocked out both domestic cups

Main concern : 2nd team with most conceded goals . I have good GK and defenders...

Do you think dropping defensive line will help ??

What about maintaining ball possession ? My assistant manager keeps telling in every game :" we should training defensive set pieces and maintain ball possession"

Appreciate the feedback

Cheers

Using Dave's tweak i started my 3rd season with Watford in EPL in very good form. 11 games 8 wins and 3 defeats (Chelsea @home and Man Utd and Leeds @away ) Previous 2 seasons i had a 16th and 13rd

Won 3 rounds in league cup against 2 premier division teams and one from championhship .

Then all of sudden and without any reason, no special injuries i lost 4 games in a row ! 2 at home Arsenal leaders and Wigan 19th !! and newcaste 11th and Fulham 16th away

Is it possible the AI cracked the tactic ? I was playing well and last 5 games were horrible, 1 win with luck and then 4 deserved defeats even against the bottom 19th wigan

As Dave said, the AI does not crack tactics, what can happen is your clubs reputation changes because of your success and the teams start playing more defensive or counter attacking against you, making goals harder to come by. Morale can also be an issue, if you lose a game and get the talk wrong, morale goes down and you lose the next match, which starts a viscous cycle.

Also check the weather in the games you lost, This tactic uses shorter passing which will be an issue if it is snowing, raining heavy or a poor playing surface.

Archived