FM14 Plug and Play 'Under Pressure'

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started a new save with MNK Izola, part timers in Slovenia division 2. Lost all my pre-season games so far, the last of them 4-0 against a side in the same division. With a really poor low reputation side, it's difficult to sign players with any sort of attributes. Compared to my Venezia save, where a modest side could usually maintain 65-70% posession, my new team has difficulty in passing to the same colour shirt.

Not a complaint about the tactic - I know it works well - but interested to see how it will work with a really bad team of z-list part timers!

Gonna stay with the original tactic I was using. This "Chrissy's Way" seems over reliant on the short corner bug. Changed the corner settings and pretty awful defensively for my Farney side compared to the the first tactic.

Gonna stay with the original tactic I was using. This "Chrissy's Way" seems over reliant on the short corner bug. Changed the corner settings and pretty awful defensively for my Farney side compared to the the first tactic.

The new one I have made is a lot tighter. A lot tighter.

Introduction

Ok folks. I have taken on board all the feedback given.

First of all I have to be honest. The initial tactic was a turd defensively and the updates were variations of a turd. It was offensively excellent though. Thank you to all that tested them.

I also took feedback on the corner exploit. As such in testing I switched all my set pieces to mixed and let the tactic roll. The tactic I post however will include the exploit, as simply folk ask for it regardless. If you wish to amend this, then please do so.

Now in testing I decided that a mid/lower team would be required to prove the tactic's worth. Everton were admittedly Mid/higher, so I felt with the defence sorted this tactic should work with a lower level team.

I chose Norwich as they had a nice blend of players and a squad that had players in positions that suited the tactic.

Now, the screenshots below show the league table and various examples of stats in relation to the tactic working.

A more detailed analysis will show you the AML/AMR and FC's roles applying pressure, as with previous versions, is important. I have not included this analysis mainly because its unchanged from the original pressure tactic.

Now, occasionally I would use opposition instructions to close down the AML/AMR/ML/MR/AMC. I think there is merit with this approach.

Rationale

This tactic is basically a blend between defensive roles with an attacking mentality. It is also a fusion between pressure and possession.

Goals come from the midfield and forwards. The defence's job is to defend.

Now success with this tactic is dependant upon various factors like all tactics. Team management, team talks, match preparation, player selection with regards to the role required, training and knowing when to make subs and amend tactics when they need amending. I can't play your game for you and neither can anyone else creating tactics. Use your judgement and make mistakes and learn from them.

I have included a "run the clock down" version of this tactic. The reason for doing so is to give those wishing to simply change up with a couple of clicks the chance to do so. For more intricate requests, your on your own.

Now, you will all have questions and that's the purpose for this thread. Help each other and discuss. I'll pop in now and again to answer what I can.

The links can be found below to download it;

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/145062-under-pressure-tactic-epl-win-everton-1st-season-20.html

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?p=4066510#post4066510

http://www.mediafire.com/?mh7bar8x05cvkiy - Chrissy's Pressure Balanced

http://www.mediafire.com/?w3w5y1v9jtc5sq0 - Chrissy's Pressure Balanced - Timewaste

TmZivEg.png

uUTbGmK.png

2VOgcbg.png

Had started using CW with Brighton. Interestingly my feedback (after 7 league games) was very different. Ive only conceded three league goals and won every single game but, usually by no more than two goals. Unfortunately about half of our goals have come from (directly or indirectly) corners.

Brighton is ideally suited for this tactic as it has four natural wingers (Lopez and Orlandi ideal for defensive wingers.... Lopez's avarage is in the 7.80s) and four natural ball winning midfielders (Crofts, Andrews, Bridcutt and Agustien).

As your testing did not include the corner routine and would like to play without it will switch to the new one and go on (hopefulyl doesnt bugger up the familairity too much).... and look forward to the unbeaten run continuing :)

Started a Tranmere (no players, no money) save with the latest Chrissys way, looking good so far, 4th round of the league cup, knocked out West Brom away and Notts Forest away, top of the league after 8 matches w6 d1 l1

Will keep you informed

Hi Glasgakillie, have enjoyed using your pressure tactics (have just downloaded your new version) but always seem to struggle for consistency with my wingers and strikers. Do you have filters you use for these or any advice on which attributes to look for? Cheers

GlesgaKillie, great thread! Love tactical analysis part!

Just wanted to say that your Chrissy's Way tactic is currently by far THE BEST tactic for FM!

If it stays half that good after patch it will be in my three favorite tactics for long save game.

Thanks mate!

I've said before I loved the reasoning behind the DW and DF use for wingers and forwards, I'm using your Pressure Balanced now, I have taken the corner routine off and am regularly scoring 3 goals a game. the positions players pick up and the midfield tackling is superb, even my fullbacks are playing well.

some balls by defenders are missed through the middle but that has been noted as a match engine issue, and I dont concede enough for it to become a concern.

Brilliant stuff

new version of the tactic seems really good but im refusing to play FM till the ME is fixed, its bull-crap.... update you on how it is when the new patch is out. sick of buying this game with its bugs in every year and having to wait till after january to play the game properly and sometimes thats never the case.

This latest version is the dog's doo dahs. Won the 2nd Div with Farnborough and scored in all but 1 match in all competitions.

The pressure balanced tactic is a tad awesome. Much better than any of the others. Chrissy's Way is too aggressive for my liking. I use the pressure balanced one. Its a pure multi league tactic. Chrissy's Way works well but you'll lose goals. Pressure balanced is more defensively sound.

Nice Tactic Killie,mainly used Chrissy's way with Shaktar. Won the League by seven points but only really challenged by Metalist,same in the Cup...Easy win.The Best results were in the Champions League where we had to play Real Madrid,Barcelona and finally Olympique Lyonnais in the Final...add that to the Super Cup and that was a very good First Season. Tended to change to very fluid if opposition was getting too much of the ball,plus used a few suggestions in game from the ass man. will try the new version for the second season...Outstanding Work.

Currently enjoying using Chrissy's way in a Real Madrid save. I know it's easy but it's fun, and its my game! Plus i'm enjoying battling it out with Barca, Malaga and Athletico.

I like this tactic, i actually can see the thought that has gone into the build up play, unlike many other tactics which seem to rely solely on the corner bug. I think the corner bug is in this tactic (?) but I don't actually mind it here as the tactic scores plenty of goals from open play and the passing is purposeful and decisive.

The tactic isn't fluid yet so i am yet to make changes to adapt it to my style of play/to the players at my disposal. However, I am considering a few things once the tactic is 100% fluid:

Team instructions:

Add "Pass into space"

Player Instructions:

Add Shoot less often (STR & STL)

Add More Risky Passes (STR & STL & AML & AMR)

I haven't had a look at the latest tweak so i'm not sure if Chrissy has implemented some of these changes, furthermore, my tactic isn't fluid yet so there may be no need to do anything once the team has fully learnt the style of play. However, these changes at first glance look like they could make the tactic more potent and efficient in producing key through passes.

Feel free to try these changes before I get round to it. All in all good tactic though mate.

To accommodate both. It is more important they pressurise than behave as inside forwards.

Got it, cheers :) I did notice that when you tested your newer tactic with Norwich you had an inverted winger and and a classic winger so i might try a mixture as you did for more dimension.

Good tactic btw :) I should probably give the newer one a try too, seeing as you've bettered it!

I Love this tactic! I am currently managing Real Madrid. I was using a crappy tactic beforehand and wasn't doing too great so I decided to start using Chrissy's way.

Since changing to this tactic I've played 24 games, of which 22 have been wins, 1 draw in this game I had 40 shots and 11 cccs but still drew 0-0 :s ) and 1 loss against PSG when I had already qualified from the CL group stage and the tactic wasn't even fluid then. I have managed to turn around a 6 point deficit against Barca into a 4 point lead and I now have the greater goal difference.

Just trying to tweak it now to get the tactic producing slightly more fluid football and encouraging slightly more risks passes. I do feel like the tactic can be too cautious sometimes especially out on the wings where the full backs and wingers seem quite tentative about putting the ball in the box. Similarly I've seen the centre mids being quite shy about taking the chance and playing that defence splitting through ball. Then again i suppose this is the concept of the tactic, retaining possession, and the tactic certainly works as is. Just tweaking it to my liking is all.

Archived