FM14 Plug and Play 'Under Pressure'

I'm like... W T F?

Happens to me some times :(

Became 2nd in my first Season with FC Utrecht, no transfers

2rclhlw.jpg

That's a shocker, I've had a few of those but never that bad. To dominate PSV that much away from home is great though.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice dude! What tactic is that one :)

Used the Pressure with Defensive tweak tactic all season. Scored for fun sometimes but also conceded for fun. Think that's more down to the ME deciding to cheat rather than the tactic however.

Only time I ever changed anything was the overall nature, from say, attacking to contain. Seemed to work when trying to hold a lead.

I'll post some screenies with results etc when I get home from work.

Loads of fun with this tactic, looking forward to the dirty one :D

I'm doing a bit better with this when I pull one of the Forwards back into a Shadow Striker Role. Same instructions.

I say better. I'm still conceeding but striker(s) finally scoring. First 4 games of this season read:

5-3

3-2

8-2

5-3

But Tactic also not fluid so might get better at the back.

I'm doing a bit better with this when I pull one of the Forwards back into a Shadow Striker Role. Same instructions.

I say better. I'm still conceeding but striker(s) finally scoring. First 4 games of this season read:

5-3

3-2

8-2

5-3

But Tactic also not fluid so might get better at the back.

Cool, gonna give this a go tonight :)

Thanks for the feedback lads. Trying very hard to create a tactic that is solid defensively. The asymmetrical one I've created with Hull City was close but way too leaky still.

I honestly don't think it's possible until they patch the game dude.

I've seen far too many freak goals now with this match engine, while my own striker somehow forgets how to kick a ball let alone score!

I vote you just release it :):):):)

So after winning the league, the Aberdeen board decided to give me a transfer kitty of sweet **** all and give me a wage budget LESS THAN WHAT I AM ALREADY SPENDING.

Rather annoyed, knowing I can't sign anyone, knowing 3 of my best players decided to leave me (Signed Pre-Contracts with other clubs at Christmas) I start my new season knowing it's going to be a long hard season. With LOTS of youth having to chip in.

Then this happens in Aberdeen's Champions League debut!

fk2kg1.pngoprcp4.png

My god I love this game (And this tactic :):))

Thanks for the feedback lads. Trying very hard to create a tactic that is solid defensively. The asymmetrical one I've created with Hull City was close but way too leaky still.

On your original 4-2-4 you could try swapping the two BWM in central midfield for one DM set as an Anchor Man and the other as a Box to Box Midfielder on support duty in the centre of midfield. I have been trying that on my own 4-2-4 and I am seeing a better defensive display from my side, without losing much (if any) of our attacking swagger. I also got rid of the offside trap and Hassle Opponents instructions too as I am convinced Offside Trap doesn't work properly and Hassle Opponents was pulling our shape all over the place.

and there it is. After 5 seasons finishing midtable, my slightly tweaked version of your tactic has done the business:

yaz5.jpg

Predicted to finish bottom and won it with 6 games to go. Full Time and League footy awaits, scary times indeed :D

Thanks again.

Has anyone managed to figure out a way to get your keeper to always distribute short? I'm losing a lot of goals due to goal kicks being returned with a defence splitting header.

Choose a specific defender to distribute to. One of the fixes I've had to implement. If anyone knows how to stop centre forwards scoring from near post crosses, I'd be very grateful. That's my one bugbear and its killing my soul.

Looking forward to seeing this 'Dirty, Filthy, Nasty, Corrupt' tactic. Have I missed anything out? :D

That's pretty much what I'm making it. Using the corner exploit is **** poor, but the multitude of PM's I have had have requested it, so it will be included.

Working on it. Just trying to get a version that works with all teams.

That was the only problem(as with most tactics) that I had with your original one. It was a bit too attacking for the not so good sides so kept getting caught on the counter. Pulling few players back seemed to plug some of the gaps though.

Ok here are the links to the updated tactics. Now I have tested them with teams from the EPL to the Skrill Premier and the win ratio across the board after 20 games in each is 88.3%

http://www.mediafire.com/?31xltm7hiuu5ym9 - P2 Timewaste Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/?6gzp6swy2hckees - P2 Attack tactic (the tweaks for the original pressure tactic)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9hdb057425po9d8 - P2 3-1-2-2-2 A 3 at the back tweak on the pressure tactic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fjalxqg2a9asf3f - Pressure tactic with just the corner exploit added.

I would recommend P2 Attack Tactic at the start of games. Once you reach the 75 minute mark use the Timewaste tactic. Everything else to do with the game, subs, training, match prep etc are factors YOU control. This tactic is only one small piece of the puzzle, you need to manage your squad etc properly.

These tactics will be added on FM-Base and the dugout threads, found on the opening post.

Is the P2 attack tactic the same formation as original Killie?

Yes, oh and tick "pass into space" in the team instructions. I forgot to add that.

You know, part of me likes the original pressure tactic. Sure it leaked goals but it was also very attacking. Add the corner exploit into that and your laughing.......................well 10-5 most games i'd expect :)

This whole process has been about using the pressure concept. I am now free after today to actually work on a "winning" tactic, free of the pressure constraints.

Ok to avoid confusion. Here is my favourite version of the original pressure tactic tweaked. Below is the tactic to switch to run down the clock

http://www.mediafire.com/?a1e51ldttzbuk3v - 4-2-2-2 Chrissy's Way

http://www.mediafire.com/?cqn0me57jet4qqp - 4-2-2-2 rundown the clock

Yes, oh and tick "pass into space" in the team instructions. I forgot to add that.

Just to be sure - shall I tick "pass into space" in the 4-2-2-2 Chrissy way?

Using the defensive tweak I just set the League One record for the worst disciplinary record with 10 red cards and 62 yellows!

Going to switch to Chrissys Way and see how things go.

Go with Chrissy's Way from now on and you'll be ok. Used it a whole season and only had 2 reds. Both were for second yellows late in the game.

Archived