Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

If the patch is not out tonight I may post my tactic on the tactics forum, it may be interesting to see the feedback that I get (if any :p ).

I am being quite successful with it but I am seeing a lot of matches with too many shots at goal, both for me and the AI, it seems to run in a bit of a circle where I get a few matches that I get quite a few shots, then there will be a few, lets say lifelike games followed by 1 or 2 from the AI getting a lot of shots, of course this will be down to my tactic versus the other teams but on a whole there are just too many shots at goal going on.

I will wait until later tonight and may post my tactic on the tactics board if the update is not out, if for nothing else it would be good to see the feedback, maybe I could make a couple of changes to my 4-1-1-3-1. :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or they get the 'hump' when they lose 2 games in a row and go and try the next tactic. Often posting incoherent comments on the thread before leaving!

And you don't need to be Miss Marple to see these same posters providing feedback in this thread accordingly.

There is a distinct migration from the downloads area into here when user experiences don't mirror those of the person who spent time and effort creating the tactic in the first place.

This is because, after all, if you create a tactic which works for Stockport County but then doesn't work out of the box for someone else's Liverpool, it unequivocally means that the ME is broken :D

I will wait until later tonight and may post my tactic on the tactics board if the update is not out, if for nothing else it would be good to see the feedback, maybe I could make a couple of changes to my 4-1-1-3-1. :)

Please do - it would make a refreshing change to see someone get off their posterior in here, and take the trouble to post in the Tactics forum!

I want a guinea pig!

Some feedback on GK distribution. Don't care too much for the short distribution part although I don't think it works well enough either. But the lack of accuracy in long kicks is frustrating. I mean even a GK with average ability should be able to kick the ball in the general vicinity of a teammate every once in a while. Mine are absolutely adamant about whacking it over everyone's heads to the opposition GK or out of play. It's not right that they're even able to - poor kicking ability should result in them regularly failing to clear the half-way line instead of being able to hit it the whole distance of the field every single time. And please, could you make the specific distribution part actually do something instead of being completely cosmetic!

/end rant

Please do - it would make a refreshing change to see someone get off their posterior in here, and take the trouble to post in the Tactics forum!

I want a guinea pig!

Is a Steam screenshot okey for in the Tactics forum?

If so I can make a post in a few minutes.

Some feedback on GK distribution. Don't care too much for the short distribution part although I don't think it works well enough either. But the lack of accuracy in long kicks is frustrating. I mean even a GK with average ability should be able to kick the ball in the general vicinity of a teammate every once in a while. Mine are absolutely adamant about whacking it over everyone's heads to the opposition GK or out of play. It's not right that they're even able to - poor kicking ability should result in them regularly failing to clear the half-way line instead of being able to hit it the whole distance of the field every single time. And please, could you make the specific distribution part actually do something instead of being completely cosmetic!

/end rant

Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but if you check the passing analysis for your keeper at the end of the game, you'll see far more completed passes than wayward ones. Well, usually anyway.

Is a Steam screenshot okey for in the Tactics forum?

If so I can make a post in a few minutes.

There's some fancy way to embed the images in a post - that'll make it more presentable and will generate more interest.

But add Steam screenshots if that's the only way you can figure out. Someone more technically minded than me will probably be able to edit it and make it an embedded image :)

Here are the general guidelines for posting in the Tactics Forum. The more detail you post, the more directly relevant the help will be:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS

Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but if you check the passing analysis for your keeper at the end of the game, you'll see far more completed passes than wayward ones. Well, usually anyway.

My GK's successful passing rate for the season is 39% so somehow I doubt it. I'm not on about short distribution - or even the success rate in general, just their insistence of hitting it absolutely nowhere while being able to regularly get great distance on their kicks. It's just wrong.

There's some fancy way to embed the images in a post - that'll make it more presentable and will generate more interest.

But add Steam screenshots if that's the only way you can figure out. Someone more technically minded than me will probably be able to edit it and make it an embedded image :)

Here are the general guidelines for posting in the Tactics Forum. The more detail you post, the more directly relevant the help will be:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS

Go nuts http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/374457-My-4-1-1-3-1-(AKA-RTHerringbones-guinea-pig)

:p

On a different note: the media

I played 2-2 against a team and there was a discussion about a penalty not given by the referee (opposing team).

The manager of the opossing team first said: "the referee was right"

I myself said when a journalist asked me about it "John (the other manager) won't be happy, but he won't let his sleep for it"

Then soon after the opposing manager reacts to me about the decision: "It's ridicilous, we got stolen".

I can react upon him. (kinda much tbh; he reacts, I reacts, he reacts upon me, I can react upon him)

Is this a known bug?

Is this plain bad journalism? (would be realistic)

Does the other manager doesn't know left from right?

Sorry to bump this, but I want to know if I best make a topic in the bug section about it or not.

My GK's successful passing rate for the season is 39% so somehow I doubt it. I'm not on about short distribution - or even the success rate in general, just their insistence of hitting it absolutely nowhere while being able to regularly get great distance on their kicks. It's just wrong.

Fortunately this is one of the things being addressed by the update!

Is it normal to concede at the very first shoot of the game? I always concede at the first 10 minutes. Do I need to be defensive at the first 5 minutes?

I'm in 2019 now and i see a lot of the same.

There is, very often, a goal inside the first 5 minutes with the first shot on goal. Both from me and the opposition, but not necessarily in the same match.

Playing on extensive highlights.

Is it normal to concede at the very first shoot of the game? I always concede at the first 10 minutes. Do I need to be defensive at the first 5 minutes?

Although early goals can happen if its something that happens to you regularly I suspect your team talks could be better.

It sounds like your team are a bit off the pace at the start and it takes them going a goal down to react.

It could also be that the opposition come out fighting from the whistle with aggressive tactics and if thats the case you perhaps need to look to contain them for the first 15/20mins until the match settles down.

Although early goals can happen if its something that happens to you regularly I suspect your team talks could be better.

It sounds like your team are a bit off the pace at the start and it takes them going a goal down to react.

It could also be that the opposition come out fighting from the whistle with aggressive tactics and if thats the case you perhaps need to look to contain them for the first 15/20mins until the match settles down.

I am satisfied with the overall defense, but I just think it is not normal for 80% of the goals conceded at the very first shoot. Like the post above, everytime I see a highlight of the opposite side at the first 5 mins, it is almost a guaranteed goal.

Ask Southampton, the Stoke goalkeeper in real life scored in less than 2 minutes...the KEEPER

Now this will get your noddle, maybe the opposition considered going defensive in the first 5 minutes but instead went attacking!!

The reality is that sometimes FM and real life goals get scored early no matter what you do - its the unpredicatbility of football

Let's have finally the patch today? Give us light, Paul!

Yep, SI will now do this because you asked :D

If you read the forum you'll see that Paul C has confirmed the ME changes are complete but there are fixes to be made elsewhere before the update gets released.

I'll save you getting any more infractions by saying don't bother asking .....the common response here will be (from Mods, FMers and SI) is that it will be out when its out

We all have to be patient - maybe instead do some player scouting etc if you are holding off any more matches waiting for the update

Please, let's not start this again!

PaulC has confirmed that it should be some point this week, and as time has moved on since he posted that, we can only assume that we are closer to an update today than we were yesterday!

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Couldn't resist. Sorry. ;)

If posts are getting chopped, it is because they are repeatedly asking for an update about an update, for which you have already had an update :)

if you'd like to point me about where Paul has mentioned why they can't release the match engine patch SEPERATELY i'll shut up about it :)

not asked for a date, not asked for what's being fixed, just why they need to put it all in 1 big patch when the major issue is suposibly fixed

if you'd like to point me about where Paul has mentioned why they can't release the match engine patch SEPERATELY i'll shut up about it :)

not asked for a date, not asked for what's being fixed, just why they need to put it all in 1 big patch when the major issue is suposibly fixed

That hasn't been explicitly mentioned, but if you want SI to unravel all the work they are doing to consolidate ME and non-ME builds into one update, which in turn would delay the process of releasing an ME-only update, let me know and I'll see what I can do :brock:

I guess you could try a search like the rest of us :D

That hasn't been explicitly mentioned, but if you want SI to unravel all the work they are doing to consolidate ME and non-ME builds into one update, which in turn would delay the process of releasing an ME-only update, let me know and I'll see what I can do :brock:

Well now the post isn't deleted, they can read it and think "that's a good point" for the next patch cause somethings bound to break again :D

I guess you could try a search like the rest of us :D

i could pompey, but seeing Paul hasn't seen the question to be answered cause it's constantly getting deleted, it wouldn't find any results :D

Well now the post isn't deleted, they can read it and think "that's a good point" for the next patch cause somethings bound to break again :D

i could pompey, but seeing Paul hasn't seen the question to be answered cause it's constantly getting deleted, it wouldn't find any results :D

Stop asking about patches, A. because there's no such thing, they're called updates now and B. because we're getting fed up with explaining why nobody can or will ever tell when an update is going to be released until minutes before it actually is.

Stop asking about patches, A. because there's no such thing, they're called updates now and B. because we're getting fed up with explaining why nobody can or will ever tell when an update is going to be released until minutes before it actually is.

Hi Kriss you have reached your limit of private messages. You cannot receive any more until you delete some. :thup:

Again the mods are twisting my words, i'm not bothered about a release time or day, just why SI felt the need to release it as 1 big "update" instead of 2 seperate ones that could have stopped alot of the moaning in here.

this isn't the 1980's where each update would need it's own tape

take payday for example, had a big patch to fix issues a week ago, then 2 day's later a smaller one to fix some minor issues

Again the mods are twisting my words, i'm not bothered about a release time or day, just why SI felt the need to release it as 1 big "update" instead of 2 seperate ones that could have stopped alot of the moaning in here.

this isn't the 1980's where each update would need it's own tape

Because for whatever reason it makes sense to them, do you want a seat on the next updating meeting? :D

So after having played 5 full matches as Manchester United I have noticed the following:

- Players trying to buy corners/throws off of an opponent. This flaw also existed in 2013. Why keep this function if it doesn't work properly? A simple attempted cross would be much better in those situations, wheter it is reflected or not. So, get rid of ths function.

- Wingers seem a bit overpowered. They dribble where they want when they want.

- Crosses never reach their target.

- Players rarely try a long pass while playing Standard/Balanced and with no instructions.

- Not many through balls while playing Standard/Balanced and with no instructions.

Besides that I feel I also want to thank you for making this game. I do feel the ME has potential to be much better than the previous one.

The refs always ending the game exactly when it should has to stop as well. The refs actually have an attribute of time keeping and they also have an attribute of pressure, so they should be allowing more or less time in a game based on that, it shouldnt' be exact.

Archived