Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough I will help him as not dismissing it I posted the solution before and help many to solve issues but I understand your rule on it or what it seems

Please Surfer, if you could help me it would be great.

I'm going to the England V Chile game tomorrow and travelling from up north, I'd really like to hammer FM in the car on the way down there. Any help is appreciated to help me get round it.

Of course, I'll upload my faulty save to the SI servers beforehand so the techies and do their fix. In no way am I slagging the game, bought every copy and a game like this will never be fully polished, no matter how much SI say it will be. All they can do is do their best. GG.

Hello everyone. Having written this and then being sarcastically responded to I moved this to the feedback section... Anyway quite a few very over the top responses here for and against the game but here is my very small two pennies

Its the little things...

So after a few days with this new addition I should be loving this. The changes are generally very good and the game continues to improve, especially the tactics. However it is becoming increasingly hard to enjoy the game at all... mainly due to constant small errors in the game. For example:

Constantly low average ratings for defenders

I have had calls to drop a player on bad form twice even though he has been out injured for a while

Loads of last minute goals for or against me with or without tactics change

Overly effective wingers especially in the lower leagues

Midfielders intent on short passes even with long ball tactics

Keepers kicking the ball when they can really easily pick it up

While this isnt ruining the game completely its making it a little too frustrating. Feels like that these issues, especially the rating issue, could have been caught before the release rather than us now waiting for an update.Some of these things can be solved somewhat using the tactics forum and little tricks but sometimes im fighting the game rather than the opponants which is a shame!

I wish you lot would learn from past mistakes - every year we go through this and we should get word out to newbies who purchase the game every new version on release date - The game is released bugged, this cant be disputed, I'm not blaming SI, I blame the pressure put on them to release "something" each year. If everyone would just wait until the January time after release, it gives them time to fix the game to release state and also means we can get it a few quid cheaper. Now be patient :)

I wish you lot would learn from past mistakes - every year we go through this and we should get word out to newbies who purchase the game every new version on release date - The game is released bugged, this cant be disputed, I'm not blaming SI, I blame the pressure put on them to release "something" each year. If everyone would just wait until the January time after release, it gives them time to fix the game to release state and also means we can get it a few quid cheaper. Now be patient :)
some what this what was trying too point out but generally the mods or so team fix it so I they have problems they are too help.

The thing is, unless your on here, you barely notice the many issues people bring up, you really dont. I have to point out ME issues to friends who dont frequent the forums. The only bugs most people who dont come here notice, are the huge unmissable ones, the rest get exaggerated by the posts on here.

So far the only actual game breaking bug i have seen on here or on the game is the one where you get sacked for not dropping a player you have dropped. Everything else is just small things to adjust.

I would rather they over-test the update than have then release it without much thought.

And I see someone complaining about a lower league team dominating you and having a bunch of shots. In my first season at Villa I held Charlton without a shot in the FA cup and just held Leeds to 3 shots in a friendly before season 2. Seems to me you're not seeing a problem with how the game works, maybe look in the mirror?

I've said it before but I'm having a blast playing the game. I have yet to see any of the issues being shouted about. I was 5th in goals allowed, 3rd in away record, my LB won the most MoM's out of anyone on the team, less than 10% of goals I saw came from corners. I don't know guys, but I'm just not seeing any reason to complain

The thing is, unless your on here, you barely notice the many issues people bring up, you really dont. I have to point out ME issues to friends who dont frequent the forums. The only bugs most people who dont come here notice, are the huge unmissable ones, the rest get exaggerated by the posts on here.

So far the only actual game breaking bug i have seen on here or on the game is the one where you get sacked for not dropping a player you have dropped. Everything else is just small things to adjust.

Yeah it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy after a while. People will notice earlier and more often what they are told to see. If you tell someone most cars are purple, they will notice purple cars more often, regardless of if the made statement is true or not.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the game! My point is just that people tend to overreact after they've visited the forum.

100% this.

good news I would say :)
Aye, because them throwing it out without testing would be the best news ever.

I mean it´s a bad news, because it will not be released today.

But it´s a good news they are working on a better ME and will release this better ME for us.

Well i just joined after playing the game for half a season. It was the first time i felt i had to check out what other people were thinking about the ME because i was finding quite unplayable. The results were good,no problem. It's just how i got them got me fed up very quickly. and I have been playing FM since 2005. I never ever felt the need to actually post my disappointment. So yeah,what you are saying does not make sense to me. If someone can see through those bugs and mistakes in the ME through their tinted glasses,i just wish i could. Atleast i would be enjoying playing my Favorite game once again.

Are you saying you know for sure that the demo does not come with a dark skin?

I havent tried the demo at all, so i cannot say for sure, but the dark skin is only available in the game through the Steam Workshop, so if that is not active with the demo you probably wont get the skin.

Well i just joined after playing the game for half a season. It was the first time i felt i had to check out what other people were thinking about the ME because i was finding quite unplayable. The results were good,no problem. It's just how i got them got me fed up very quickly. and I have been playing FM since 2005. I never ever felt the need to actually post my disappointment. So yeah,what you are saying does not make sense to me. If someone can see through those bugs and mistakes in the ME through their tinted glasses,i just wish i could. Atleast i would be enjoying playing my Favorite game once again.

Its not really about tinted glasses. Its all about perception. If you pick this up expecting it to be a carbon copy of what you watch on match of the day and what you read in the papers you are probably always going to go away disappointed in some respect, if all you want is to manage a football team and involve yourself into a virtual world you make your own then you will probably enjoy FM more than not.

Look im not sitting here saying its perfect, clearly its not, otherwise there would be no need to updates. Im not saying those who do see the ME issues are wrong, because clearly the ME has issues, what im saying is there will be a very large portion of FMer's out there quite happy, i refuse to believe my friends are isolated cases, and they really dont care about ME bugs, they dont care about dodgy transfers, all they care about is getting to take control of a team and having fun, which they all seem to do. One persons gamebreaking bug is anothers minor quirk.

Like i say the only true showstopper i have seen is the chairman one, the LL contracts thing can be annoying but that is about it, the rest is touch ups.

I'll be 'testing' the chairman one soon, as for the first time in my save, he's demanded I drop a player. Coincidentally, it's a left back who's been playing well but getting rubbish ratings. (Obv the chairman reads the forums rather than watches the actual games :p )

Anyway, I've got a new (better!) left back to start the season with, so we'll see if not playing the old one still leads to my sacking. Of course, I'll probably get sacked anyway, as I need eleven points from the first five games or I'm out, despite leading the club to the playoffs within two seasons after coming up from the unplayable leagues. It's a harsh world out there, kids.

Just finished 1st season with FM 14, generally the ME needs just a little bit tunning besides the ratings issue , the coner bug , and sometimes the player just decided to buy a corner insted of crossing. On the other hand, players management have something to concerned about, player are demading outrage apperance fee and sub-fee compared to his squad status and the choice of agent is ridiculous. Some player are own by their agent, so I would say that they are worker and their agent are their boss, IRL you can't just fire your boss.

So Im hoping this'll help for the new patch, thanks SI and FM Dev team for another good FM edition.

Its not really about tinted glasses. Its all about perception. If you pick this up expecting it to be a carbon copy of what you watch on match of the day and what you read in the papers you are probably always going to go away disappointed in some respect, if all you want is to manage a football team and involve yourself into a virtual world you make your own then you will probably enjoy FM more than not.

Look im not sitting here saying its perfect, clearly its not, otherwise there would be no need to updates. Im not saying those who do see the ME issues are wrong, because clearly the ME has issues, what im saying is there will be a very large portion of FMer's out there quite happy, i refuse to believe my friends are isolated cases, and they really dont care about ME bugs, they dont care about dodgy transfers, all they care about is getting to take control of a team and having fun, which they all seem to do. One persons gamebreaking bug is another's minor quirk.

Like i say the only true showstopper i have seen is the chairman one, the LL contracts thing can be annoying but that is about it, the rest is touch ups.

Well,you can't always think every opinion except your's is wrong. And don't try to say that i or other people who are not liking the ME don't have enough knowledge of real football. I don't expect it to be perfect at all. I've seen people abusing SI for FM 13 while i never really had much of a problem with it. I understand your point of view too but don't imply that others are wrong in thinking they deserve a better ME.

Well,you can't always think every opinion except your's is wrong. And don't try to say that i or other people who are not liking the ME don't have enough knowledge of real football. I don't expect it to be perfect at all. I've seen people abusing SI for FM 13 while i never really had much of a problem with it. I understand your point of view too but don't imply that others are wrong in thinking they deserve a better ME.

i never said anyone who doesnt like the current ME doesnt understand football. I certainly hope that post did not put that idea across. I certainly dont think everyone bar me is wrong, just like i dont think everyone bar me is right, there is always a middle ground between the people who hate the game and the people who obviously love it. I personally have played this version every day since it came out, im having the most fun i have had with FM in a very long time, FM13 for me just didnt cut it for some reason and i gave up on it by xmas of last year, but i dont expect everyone to be the same as me. All my point was, one person says its completely broken, the other says its fine, the truth is always somewhere inbetween those two points of view. The game is certainly not unplayable in general terms, but its certainly not perfect.

I just thought I would throw this out there.

Some people are saying that if you are getting a lot of shots on goal but you are not creating clear cut chances then there must be something wrong with your tactic.

I will just leave this here. :p

ytlp.jpg

Please note no CCC's, I am guessing my tactic is decent enough. :)

Come now Ackter you are not going to say my tactic was not good because I did not make a CCC then? :p

1 match or not, it was pretty decisive, I will say though that in my eyes there were a few CCC's both scored and missed that the ME did not pick up on, this is looking like it will be fixed in the next update though.

Come now Ackter you are not going to say my tactic was not good because I did not make a CCC then? :p

1 match or not, it was pretty decisive, I will say though that in my eyes there were a few CCC's both scored and missed that the ME did not pick up on, this is looking like it will be fixed in the next update though.

One match where everything goes right doesn't equate to a good tactic overall.

I have a question about long shots. I've played about a season now in Eredivisie (Holland). I'm pretty sure I've not seen a goal from long shots neither from my team or AI's. Have anyone else noticed the same?

Yes, playing a friendly vs. a non-league club.

edit: Or cup, still it's top league vs. non-league

It was a cup game, if we are going to talk about league standings my Leipzig side just won promotion from the second division via the play off and hardly surprising are tipped to finish last.

If you want to consistently win, you need to consistently create good chances.

There were many many good chances, both scored and missed, as I said earlier this has been noted as a bug that the ME is not picking up on what a CCC is and will be addressed in the next update.

The point I am making is people are saying that someone has a bad tactic if they are not creating good chances, this has been logged as a bug that will be sorted so it sort of throws the whole "its your tactics" thing in the bin for now.

If someone is creating some 36 chances, only 6 from long range as my screenshot shows, then scores 9 goals then surely there must have been at least a couple of clear cut chances from within the box.

He created a lot of chances. On a good day against weak opponents getting their own tactic wrong, that can be enough to win.

If you want to consistently win, you need to consistently create good chances.

Yeah that's absolutely true, as I found out just a couple of days ago. But the real oddity here is 32 shots, 18 on target, 9 goals, but according to FM, 0 CCC's. Anyone with some knowledge of FM who watches games in at least comprehensive mode knows that can't be right.

I really hope the damn pinball effect in the box is fixed.

Just had a match with 6 clear cut chances and all were either knocked off the line or by a keeper defying gravity. I'd like to say this is infrequent but its happening every bloody game!

And where is SV Wiesbaden? Exactly. :)

Does it matter?

When someone comes on here to complain they got beat 1-0 by a lower league side in the cup and have similar stats as I do but lose 1-0 it is brushed off as "its your tactics, no CCCs" and "these things can happen".

When I show it from the other side you are saying "they are a lower league side so you should have won 9-0 with no CCCs".

You guys can't just turn the argument around everytime just so that you are right.

My opinion is: If FM doesn't register CCC's as well as it should, you'll never really know if your tactics are right, will you? How can you be sure that when somebody has 12 shots on goal, but according to FM 0 CCC's, he's not creating enough decent chances when obviously there's something wrong with the way FM registers the amount of CCC's?

Yeah that's absolutely true, as I found out just a couple of days ago. But the real oddity here is 32 shots, 18 on target, 9 goals, but according to FM, 0 CCC's. Anyone with some knowledge of FM who watches games in at least comprehensive mode knows that can't be right.

Not necessarily, you can either willingly or due to tactical issues get loads of shots on the goal of an inferior non-league club like that. Results can range of course, but if you get enough clear shots from mid-range, something like this can happen. Those shots might not be CCCs, but the lower pressure, more available space and poorer GKs make those mid-range shots far more dangerous. Still, if things go wrong, you'd have been better off counting on better quality but less chances.

edit: ofc CCCs that don't get counted are also in the mix, but it's possible even w/o that bug.

edit2: @daylight, that's the answer to your post as well, even if i hadn't seen it before.

Does it matter?

When someone comes on here to complain they got beat 1-0 by a lower league side in the cup and have similar stats as I do but lose 1-0 it is brushed off as "its your tactics, no CCCs" and "these things can happen".

When I show it from the other side you are saying "they are a lower league side so you should have won 9-0 with no CCCs".

You guys can't just turn the argument around everytime just so that you are right.

That's not what was said at all.

Bad tactics can still give you good results from time to time.

I can assure you there were a few CCCs, as I also said it has already been said by SI that the game is not detecting when a CCC is indeed a CCC and will be fixed in the next update.

Some cccs are not being picked up correctly. That's a very important distinction.

That's not what was said at all.

Bad tactics can still give you good results from time to time.

man, I am not going on about bad or good tactics, I am going on about how there are a few on here that as soon as they see someone with 33 shots at goal with no CCCs they automatically say it is their tactics, what you people are failing to acknowledge is that there is a problem in the ME that is not detecting a CCC when it is indeed a CCC.

Simply fogging someone off to the tactics forum with their head between their legs is not great when, as with my match there were indeed quite a few CCCs that never registered.

You are basically judging them blindly, until the next update is out you can not tell for sure just how many shots these players are having that should have been CCCs.

You can not always blame the player when even SI have come out and said there is a problem with this part of the ME, as I said, you are judging them blindly.

Archived