FM2013 Gambare Nippon! [WORK IN PROGRESS]

This looks great! Really hope we can play this sometime. Thanks for the hard work, guys.

Little nit-picky mention here, as it has nothing really to do with this pack, but I believe that it is "Ganbare" with an 'N' rather than with an 'M'.

It's the same for us. :) The pronunciation of ganbare is gambare. The word "gambare" is sometimes also used by the Japanese, when is writed with our alphabet.

http://artist.cdjournal.com/d/-/1195120618

why not release the players file you guys are created

A preliminary version can be released, but it's better add the promised details before to release it ;) (consider I lost some days of work because of FM bugs). Just a few days of patience. ;)

The next release will be postponed again because after the last patch the editor is broken.

As I said, there are also too bad bugs and because of these bugs, when you will start the Japan leagues you will have to play only one season, unless you want to see regional divisions don't work properly and newgens not enough quantitatively created.

My fear is that those bugs will be never solved. That means to waste a lot of work for nothing.

If there are enough requests, I can start (or better, restart) a simultaneous project for FM2012. This one for FM2013 will continue, of course, at least until we'll definitively know whether the bugs will be fixed or not.

I'm feeling better after I noticed that regens bug is partially solved (the work won't stop, don't worry :) ). I say partially because now there are enough regens for clubs 1st squads, but not enough for youth teams. This means that if you play with an high school club that has just the 1st squad with age limit of 17, you will have the right numbers of regens each year. But if you play with a J. League clubs, the under 18 squads of these clubs will be almost empty.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/337064-Cpu-clubs-get-crazy-regens-problems-unreal-transfer-market?p=8394425&viewfull=1#post8394425

To elude this issue, under 18 teams of J. League clubs (and the other clubs of lower divisions) will have their under 18 squads separated and considered like b-teams (like Castilla, Barcelona B etc.) with "same board" and "players move freely" settings enabled (along with other options like permanent deal, of course).

Don't think it's bad thing, for these early version the plan was to use autogenerated under 18 leagues and clubs, but the above setting for under 18 squads was planned for the final version in conjunction with all high school clubs entered, because the editor doesn't allow to put high school teams (which are independent clubs with age limit) in the youth leagues created with the relative section of the editor, which consider youth teams only the internal youth squads of a normal clubs. It's the only way to have pro under 18 teams play along with high school teams (like in the real japanese system).

No. Don't worry.

But there are several problems with FM2013.

I always have this warning. Sigames still didn't say anything about it . http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339081-Warning-found-unregistered-symbol-in-format-files

Logged_to_channel_warnings_and_errors_2012_12_28.png

And for the second time the editor has corrupted my last save data (the following pop-up appears anytime the editor load corrupted data). I read that data may be corrupted if the real-time virus scanning is enabled. I never had this inconvenient with past FM games, so is a FM fault, antivirus is innocent.

Editor_2013_2012_12_28_18_08_32.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The 2012 version widehawk made, where it was 1 file for players and 1 for comp structures, was working in FM 2013. "Dutch guy" fixed it to make sure each team had the right manager, but it could really use a makeover for 2013 if someone has the time.

Where can I find these? Thanks! :)

To be fair this was always a massive undertaking to make it right. This is too big a project for one man to take on, which is why he has asked for volunteers to help. Sadly it's difficult to find people who will help with these types of projects (trust me, I know - a lot of the work is dull and people have lives).

People should not ask when something will be done because it's difficult to tell yourself (you might have a rough idea, e.g. long way to go, not much longer) and can only really offer a release date when it's very close. However other time I wish people wouldn't state they are making a release until it is nearly ready to release because otherwise you will get other people's hopes up and there's always the possibility you might not finish the work you started.

Off topic but I planned to add some japanese national team key players to my own database and I don't know much about japanese players.

Which CA/PA would you give to following players?

Shusaku Nishikawa

Masahiko Inoha

Yasuyuki Konno

Yuichi Komano

Yasuhito Endo

Ryoichi Maeda

Takashi Usami

Yoshito Okubo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just a question: where is the download link ?

If you read the actual thread, you'll see that there is no download link, the project is in limbo or abandoned - too many data errors.

• 2 months later...

The huge amount of bugs, not relative to gameplay itself but related to game code, have forced me to abandon the full project.

Anyway, I could release a version with J. League and J. League 2 only (and main cups) within few days (I need to fix some transfers and something else) but no more update after it.

I have absolute respect for the users that enjoy FM13, good for you, sincerely.

Unfortunately, I don't have fun with FM this year. There are things concerning the gameplay that I don't like, but what has stopped me to play and edit is the heavy bug related to regens, along with others.

Only few regens are generated for top clubs. No regens or too few for less famous clubs or youth club.

The screenshots prove that:

Hatsushiba_Hashimoto_High_School_Squad_Players.png

Hiroshima_Technical_High_School_Squad_Players.png

Kashiwa_Reysol_Under_18s_Squad_Players.png

Now look at FM10, youth clubs are full of regens:

Sapporo_Nihon_University_High_School.png

Kashiwa_Reysol_2.png

Since November I opened topics about this bug and talked in the general secition, but Sigames has never fixed this issue.

This bug causes a double effect: makes a game unplayable if you choice an high school or youth club; afflicts long-term games, as less regens are generated and then the clubs will have more difficult to make good squads.

There are also other bugs (as example: age limit not respected by clubs), but the regens one is the most serious.

As FM11 has been one of my favourite editions of the last years, I'm thinking to release "a tribute update" for that edition, updating clubs of most important leagues (transfer and attributes) and making the full japanese league (using the a******d editor). It's not a final decision, I'm still thinking about it because FM11 is old and making an update means that future transfers can be set for 2011-12 season, not 2012-13. My brother and a friend would work to this project, since I don't have much time for videogames, but I would be the one to refer in the forum.

I would choose FM12 instead of FM11, if FM12 wouldn't be affected by similar bugs (in a less serious way, but there are anyway).

When FM14 will be released, the first thing to do is seeing if the bug is disappeared.

I can't believe it.

I found out a way to temporarily fix the regen bug for FM12. At this point, in the worst case I'll make the small release (JL1 and JL2) for FM13 and the full release for FM12.

I now try to test the same thing on FM13.

I applied this procedure: I set "Non-contract" option in the folder "Contract types" for all the high school clubs for each player status.

Editor_2012_2013_07_07_17_42_37.jpg

The difference is incredible:

Before

Kyoto_Choson_High_School_Rosa_Giocatori_2.jpg

After

Ryutsu_Keizai_University_Kashiwa_High_School_B.jpg

Test on FM13.

The same procedure seems working.

Unfortunately, there is also the age limit bug: clubs keep on holding players that they wouldn't have anymore. High schools can't have over 18 players, but they seem don't care about it.

Chikuyo_Gakuen_High_School_Squad_Players_3.jpg

Anyway, I can reconsider to continue on FM13.

• 1 month later...

I found out other bugs.

It's useless release it for FM13, sorry.

I wanted release it using the a*****d panel in order to properly reproduce the real japanese rules (impossible operation using the normal editor. Let's hope for FM14), but there are too many bugs.

By the way, the project for FM14 will be carried out by my brother, he has more time than me. I'm completely focused on work in these months, I'll also be on Kickstarter.

I keep on handling the thread and testing the files, anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Ahahahahahaha the never endig project :thdn:

There are some bugs that need to be fixed by Sigames, otherwise the gameplay would be damaged too much.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369816-Clubs-ignore-squad-rules-and-age-limit-in-both-default-and-other-Nations-Reviewed

Meanwhile, my brother is working on updating db.

First release for FM14 in collaboration with Widehawk should be ready next month.

Archived