Game will not update to full version

So my game refuses to update to the full version, or it does and when I play it it still says beta in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

I've gone through all the suggestions here, restart steam, restart the computer, log out and then I tried to verify the integrity of the game cache and a file downloads and when I go to play it installs, but as said above it's the beta version.

How am I meant to fix this? The email I got with my code doesn't state it's a beta only code and I've paid for the game and whatnot so there's no reason it shouldn't work...

After seeing all these problems im glad im getting the hard copy and just tried the demo and not the beta.As this is a new concept this year with the beta method there were bound to be problems as it is a new way of installing the game.Hope you guys get it sorted soon.

• SI Staff
After installing and downloading the small patch mine still says Beta ?

I have tried all the suggestions and its a boxed game

You need to input the code on the back of the manual in the boxed version. Active Steam Product code, and the game will automatically update.

Many ppl in a swedish forum have same problem, we are trying to update but when we get to "Preparing for installation" everything just stands still and has done so for a very long time. Can SI confirm that there is too many ppl downloading at the same time and therefore nothing hapens, or do you suggest that we try again?

I'm afraid that my activation code will be lost if I abort this installation.

Edit: Never mind.

I'm certain I've got the full code as the website I bought from says despatched along with this when I check it out on steam it says the game's already purchased, I assume it'd allow me to buy it if I didn't have the full version? Might try removing the local files and beginning again.

Same problem here. I also tried to delete local files and download the game again, after installing Steam downloads the 16 MB patch, but when the game starts the game keeps saying it's running on beta.

It's fixed for me. I checked local files integrity, then restarted Steam and it downloaded a 360 MB patch and now the game is working on full version.

Guys please try and verify the game cache in steam... it has just worked for me. Verify it and it will download nay missing files (hopefully) and that should work for you. This infrmation was given to me by KRISS a moderator on this forum .. so thanks to him.

how do you do that ?

Guys please try and verify the game cache in steam... it has just worked for me. Verify it and it will download nay missing files (hopefully) and that should work for you. This infrmation was given to me by KRISS a moderator on this forum .. so thanks to him.

Done that 50 times, uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times - nothing.

how do you do that ?

Right click on a game, select properties > local files > verify

To verify game cache in steam try this :

Verify Game Cache:

1. Load Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAMECACHE…’ button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

6. We recommend verifying your cache twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded

yep done all that .. still says beta .. and the steam did update aswell ... but still running beta
Can you tell where are you from and where did you buy the game if it's not a secret? Also, how big was the update? I get 16 mb update sometimes but it should be 350.

So does piracy.

Besides, Steam works. Not SI's fault you wanted to be a cheap ******* and save a fiver by buying a code from a third-party retailer.

I bought the boxed version. So keep your ***** little opinions to yourself. What an idiot. But thanks again, bro...you keep this up. You're great.

...and fact is, it is often easier for pirates to play than it is genuine users. DRM inconveniences the genuine user more than the pirate.

So does piracy.

Besides, Steam works. Not SI's fault you wanted to be a cheap ******* and save a fiver by buying a code from a third-party retailer.

Yeah because DRM protected games don't get pirated, right? -_-

This is more inconvenient to legal users than the so-called "pirates", as you can see in many posts on this forum. But hey, it's still improvement after FM09 lol.

Yes it also refuses to update for me. B>a button to update manually...

So I just re-downloaded and installed and it still won't work, not sure what the hell to do now.

I had a problem last night. Before midnight when I entered my key it said I already owned the game. After midnight it wouldn't update. However, I re-entered the key and then i did unlock the full version and downloaded the patch.

Sooo if you haven't put your full key (not the Beta) one in since last night, you should.

If that doesn't work then the only other question is where did your key come from? Some guy earlier said he got it off eBay - eBay is not an official retailer of this game, so I suspect some unsavoury types have sold people Beta Keys and are claiming it is the full game...

I had a problem last night. Before midnight when I entered my key it said I already owned the game. After midnight it wouldn't update. However, I re-entered the key and then i did unlock the full version and downloaded the patch.

Sooo if you haven't put your full key (not the Beta) one in since last night, you should.

If that doesn't work then the only other question is where did your key come from? Some guy earlier said he got it off eBay - eBay is not an official retailer of this game, so I suspect some unsavoury types have sold people Beta Keys and are claiming it is the full game...

I bought it from a reputable site so there's no question about it working, I sent them an email asking whether I required another code so I'm just gonna have to wait and hope I get a response today.

I bought it from a reputable site so there's no question about it working, I sent them an email asking whether I required another code so I'm just gonna have to wait and hope I get a response today.

What site? Clearly there is a question about it working because, well, it doesn't work.

Did you receive anything other than a Beta key from this "reputable" site?

Archived