FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Never used them sorry.

This agent just made me lol so hard:

52727858.png

:eek: what the actual ****??? I've never known an agent to ask for something like that unless the player was already amazing. It can only be because of his potential rating but still, I wasn't paying people like Suarez those wages in the last football manager

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December

I'm not sure why but December was a massive month in this game with ten games in it, roughly one every three days. To say the thin squad Liverpool have was tired at the end of it was an understatement, even using my talented youth players, I think they overdid it on the fatigue idea this time around, under 80% and you get messages off you assistant manger saying how you need to bring them off because the player is knackered . The amount of games though threw me into the CL hunt properly by boosting the club into the top 4 for the first time this season. You can see how tired the players became as the league results trail over near the end of the month :(

Premier League

Liverpool 2:1 Arsenal; Gerrard 1, 87; Kweuke

Liverpool 2:0 Reading; Sahin 10, Agger 56

Liverpool 3:1 Man Utd; Gerrard 33, Skrtel 64, Suarez 86; Hamisk 7

Liverpool 1:0 Sunderland; Sterling 39

Liverpool 1:1 Newcastle; Suarez 57; Lazovic 91

Liverpool 0:1 Chelsea; Lampard 5

Liverpool 0:1 Everton; Jelavic 32

Europa league group match

Liverpool 2:0 Liberec; Yesil 15, Henderson 43

Just got to the top of the table! Went top after a 4-0 thrashing of Everton at Anfield, then hosted 2nd place Man City (2 pts behind but with a game in hand) and won 2-0 (mostly through luck, though, we were a bit better than them, but were lucky to get the win, really). 15 games in we're 12-1-2! Unfortuantely we got knocked out of Europe almost immediately, but we doing ok in the League Cup.

I'm playing mostly Borini/Suarez/Jovetic (bought from the proceeds of Downing -> Fulham) as STC, AML/AMR with Gerrard/Lucas/Allen as a midfield 3. Back 4 unchanged. I also got Carra off the books as a player, he's a coach now! Sterling is coming along nicely (four goals, four assists so far in all comps) and Shelvey is making an impact with his energy off the bench or in cup games. I also picked up Moussa Sissoko (my first signing) who was invaluable when Lucas was injured (and now is still quite useful, vs the top teams I play Sissoko, Lucas and Gerrard to get some real muscle into midfield). Still want to sell Henderson, but he has actually been decent in the few games that he has played. His wages are a joke though. Joe Cole is gone too (only 2.5m, but that was 10m extra I could spend over 48 months :)). He'd have been worth keeping, but I needed the extra cash to land Jovetic.

Only real downside to the season has been Pepe going down. He got injured on international duty and is out for four months :(.

Most games I'm dominating possession, but lately my team has also started scoring plenty of goals too (lots of 65+% possession 1-0 or 2-1 wins early on). My two losses were Arsenal and Man Utd away (1-0 and 4-2 respectively, we were well-beaten).

While I'm loving the game I'm finding it very frustrating at the same time. Finished season 1 last night and got the 4th place finish I promised. Just find it very hard to get a consistent tactic ( don't expect to win loads of games but shouldn't have to change it constantly with the same players to get results )

Agents are an absolute pain in the ******, if you don't accept the original demands they pull out of all talks, there's no middle ground now it seems ( too many players want either a landmark goal bonus or first international cap bonus of 1m! )

So many top players are handing in transfer requests.

Anyway happy with my first season. Champs league football is on its way back to the club. Need to try and make big chanes to the defence tho.

Agger says he needs a new challenge now, convinced him to stay 1 more season. Top target Neymar has signed for united! Gutted!

December 2014

Still top of the table into December (although i'll fall to 2nd if Chelsea win there game in hand)

My front trio of Neymar, Ba, Torje are performing very well. Suarez has found himself on the bench and open to offers now. Finished top of the group in the return to Champions League and keen to see who I get next.

Interesting thing for me is a regen striker I got through the academy first season. Wesley Tweed is now 17 and has 5 star potential. He is described as a good championship player by my assitant Carravetta who has very good CA/PA skills. His stats look horrid though. He only has 4 techincal attributes 10 or above. Crossing 10, Free kicks 17, Corners 14, and Technique 10. He is a striker with finish of 8, heading of 6, and composure of 10.

He looks awful. What is my assistant on? Yet i give him a chance anyway as a late substitute in two champions league games. He scores against Lyon. A fluke? He scores two against Sporting. How is this awful striker with an unbeleivable 5 star potential, and a truly unbeleivable 1.5 gold star current ability scoring goals!?

Llorente is out of contract at Athletic in the Summer, so I've offered him a contract, 90k pw (something like 40kish after tax), 2.5m loyalty bonus, 400k for team of the year and 500k for top goal scorer. It's a higher wage than I wanted to pay for him, but since I won't be paying a transfer fee for him I knew I'd have to pay a little more wages, especially when his agent had 16 for his fee stat or whatever it's called. If I get him it also means I won't be losing any transfer budget with a new striker, and since I'm hoping to sell Downing and Carroll in the second Summer window, a good deal?

Well damn he's signing for Barcelona on a free instead

Anyone got Isco performing solid in their team? I think it might be that his adapbility rating is low and it takes time.

Frustrated with the player though and if he does not start producing looking to cut my losses.

How about the right full back position? Any recommendation fo replacement of Johnson?

Sold him while still worthing some money, but every one knows Kelly injures a lot, needs a decent backup. How is Neil Taylor, looks good in the game.

How about the right full back position? Any recommendation fo replacement of Johnson?

Sold him while still worthing some money' date=' but every one knows Kelly injures a lot, needs a decent backup. How is Neil Taylor, looks good in the game.[/quote']

I bought Vrsaljiko (Dinamo) as an replacement when sold Johnson in season 2. Seems quite solid defender...

I was lucky, Kyle Walker went to Man City and after 1 season was listed for 8mil. Snapped him up as quick as i could with that and he's been very good. If you can sell Johnson for about 19-20mil like most of us have done first season, you should be able to afford Walker (albeit it will cost more than the 8mil I got him for)

Hello all, thought i would join in here since im really enjoying my Liverpool save.

Had a poor start to the season losing 3 out of first 4 one of which was a 0-6 thumping to man utd :( but i abandoned trying 4-3-3 switched to a 4-2-3-1 and now im currently on a 20 match unbeaten run all comps 6th in prem with couple games in hand also in semi final of league cup. Star man has been Borini at poacher with 25 goals in 31 games

Ive signed Adryan and 5 million for Redmond, my main plan is to shift all those on 70k+ a week as i wish to try 50k limit for first team and 70k for key player.

January

Premier League

Liverpool 2:1 Swansea; Agger (missed pen 26), Skrtel 56, Henderson 91; Michu 44

Liverpool 3:0 Fulham; Suarez 6, Sterling 20, Skrtel 26

Liverpool 0:1 Man City; Lescott 3

Liverpool 3:1 Aston Villa; Shelvey 39, Suarez 69, Suso 85; Jones 50

FA Cup

Liverpool 1:1 Blackburn; Sterling 66; Pedersen 22

Liverpool 2:0 Blackburn; Yesil 33, Shelvey pen (45)

Liverpool 0:2 Southend; Timlin 2, Harris pen (40)

Capital one cup

Liverpool 3:4 Chelsea; Suarez 18, 79, 83; Agbonlohor 20, Hazard 32, Oscar 38, Reina og 65

Liverpool 0:1 Chelsea; Hazard 69

So I'm out of two cups, but I'm not too worried, a CL place and a decent run in the europa league is what I'm looking for this season

I've bought in:

Jack Butland - £4.5m

Wellington Nem - £3.5m

Nathan Redmond - £9m

Jadson - £10m

These are all 20 or under. All have 4 star potential or higher according to Cruyff. Redmond has 4.5 stars. Jadson is an 18 year-old DM from Botafogo who is ridiculously well-developed for his age. I bought him as back-up for Lucas as we don't have any talented youngsters that play that role.

I sold:

Downing - £20m

Johnson - £19.5m

Enrique - £12.5m

Doni - £1.2m

Henderson - £1m

I probably made a mistake with Henderson as he seems pretty good but Shelvey is better.

My team:

Reina/Butland

Kelly/Flanagan

Skrtel/Carragher

Agger/Coates

Wilson/Robinson

Lucas/Jadson

Allen/Shelvey

Wellington Nem/Redmond

Gerrard/Suso

Suarez/Sterling

Borini/Yesil

I'm not sure what I'll do with Sahin and Assaidi as I'd prefer to give time to players than can develop. Sahin looks very good but I don't like the idea of developing a player I don't own. Yesil is not really good enough for a second striker so Assaidi might just fill in for Suarez if Borini has any problems.

After three games, I'm second in the league behind Sunderland. I beat Norwich 3-1, drew with Stoke away and beat Reading 4-1. I now have Spurs and United away so that's more of a test.

I scouted Jadson! I want him but no funds lol...going to try offer for him in January or summer window (if I'm still manager that is...)

Might sell Johnson in January.

Ah gotta love Suarez. Losing 2-1 to 20th placed Villa away and then he scores a hat trick in 5 minutes, 88th minute, 90th minute and 90th+3 :D

2013/2014 mid season update

Currently in 1st place with 46 points after 20 games.

Chasing me are Man Utd 39 pts (18), Chelsea 38 pts (17) and Manchester City 37 pts (18).

Top scorers in the league: Suarez 19, Jovetic 8 and Götze 4.

Top assits in the league: Sterling 7, Götze 6, Gerrard 5.

Qualified from CL groups and facing Real Madrid in the 1st knock out round.

Also in the Capital One cup semis where we are set clash againts Manchester United.

Thus after somewhat tough start things have been looking up. The league title is the main aim so not counting on lifting any cups this season.

So as the january transfer window has now shut a little update.

Bought: Butland 4.5m, Frederik Sorensen 6m. Got Sorensen because Wilson doesn't look anything special so wanted another cb to replace Skrtel eventually, tried my best to get rid of Henderson but he stays will play him in the hope i can shift at end of season. End of season chopping block now is Reina, Suarez, Johnson, Agger and maybe Skrtel.

Made it to the League cup final where i will face Bolton :cool: Went out of FA Cup in 4th round thought i was playing Crystal palace put out weak team was surprised when it turned out i was playing Southampton! League wise dropped 1 spot but i have 2 games in hand on most and even 3 on some above me, also have Rubin in Euro first knockout.

Hows Gerrard doing for you guys im struggling to really get him going tried AM and T so far i cannot seem to stop him running and closing down the keeper though which is hurting me defensively. Ive also had him sent off twice for diving first game back from first sending off he got booked twice for diving inside the last 10 mins of a game

@badabing Gerrard was solid for me in the first season allthough he had to play a lot due to the lack of depth in the squad.

Damn! Reina was just hit by injury.. out for 5-6 months in early january! Not good at all but that pretty much means his days at Liverpool are now numbered. I was going to ditch him in the summer but forced to sign replacement earlier.

Butland is nowhere near ready for the 1st spot so splashed the remaining cash (DOF did) on Ter Stegen (Gladbach). He will be my number for years to come unless Butland can force him out.

Really need to cut some high earners in the summer as well since we are spending too much on salaries!

Also got news that Johan Cruyff will retire in the summer along with Frank McPharland... that is not good either!

Damnit...Sahin, my best creative midfielder is out for 6-7 weeks! NOOOO. But I've got Gerrard/Allen who can fill in I guess and I'm also getting Ze Roberto in January (I think) for a free who can also be creative so it should be okay but Sahin has 11 assists for me this season, the highest by far...shall deffo be missed.

Also, has anyone noticed how many managers are getting sack in November/December!? AVB has gone from Spurs haha.

Still really struggling, just into December.

Even if I manage to restrict teams to just a few chances in a game, they will score

just played FC Vashul (or something) 34 attemps on goal, 4 against, scorelines of 3-1. Decent win but still much improvement possible.

Wellington Nem asking to go out on loan for some first team football.

I'm finding that even if I dominate possession and the opposing team has very few chances, I rarely keep a clean sheet. I don't know whether this is tactis or that Reina isn't up to it anymore.

Borini is struggling to score goals for me. He gets a lot of chances and he gets most of them on target (66%) but he just doesn't seem to be doing as well as he should. I'm playing him as a poacher and training his composure.

OK I´m starting to get a little pissed of right now. Currently sitting 15:th in the table and dont have a clue what to do to win on this game. Apparently others of you seem to have some decent success with Liverpool but I just cant seem to win.

Played 15 games with just 15 points and guess what my topscorer is JOE COLE with 6 goals JOE COLE!!! Suarez have scored just 2 goals in the whole season and the whole team look like crap.

Please guys can you give me some tips on how to win in this version.

My formation

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Leiva Allen/Sahin

Cole/Stering Steivie Assaidi/Sterling

Suarez/Borini

I´ts a 4-2-3-1 with Leiva as cm/def. Allen or Sahin as DLP/support. On the wings I have tried with both inside forward roles and just wingers. The forwards have mostly played deep lying or poacher.

Please guys what can I possibly be doing wrong. On previous versions I´ve had no problems what is the key in this version to get some wins...

I play Suarez as an inside forward on the left. He's not a consistent enough scorer to play up front. Borini should be played as a poacher. I play Gerard or Suso as a Trequartista.

I seem to be conceding far too many goals too. I'll dominate a match but still lose. Reina is definitely part of the problem. He's just not good enough. Borini is just rubbish so far. I give him 60 mins and he gets one shot away while we dominated possession.

I play Suarez as an inside forward on the left. He's not a consistent enough scorer to play up front. Borini should be played as a poacher. I play Gerard or Suso as a Trequartista.

I seem to be conceding far too many goals too. I'll dominate a match but still lose. Reina is definitely part of the problem. He's just not good enough. Borini is just rubbish so far. I give him 60 mins and he gets one shot away while we dominated possession.

Borini isn't great at the start, but with the right training and playing time he should become something great. For now though I'd put Assaidi on the left wing and play Suarez as a complete forward, seems to get more goals that way, but you're right he's not good enough in front of goal to be your main striker for season after season. Reina is **** this time around, which makes sense considering the massive fall from grace he's had for over two years now

I'm sure this has been asked 100 times before, but how on earth is anyone getting any success out of Suarez?

I've tried everything....

He's doing quite well for me. Either as STC Complete Forward or DLF on a support role, or inside forward at AMR/L on attack. That's in my normal 4-5-1/4-3-3

Sometimes I play him as AMC in a 4-2-1-2, but more often when I switch to that tactic he's the supporting Complete Forward (with Borini the advanced forward on attack).

Archived