• Created
  • Last Reply

Season 1

League 3rd

Europa Finalists

FA Cup 5th Round

League Cup Winners

Season 2

Main transfer business was Weiss in on a free followed by Gotze for 40m. I added Ben Arfa for 26.5m in the January window. Carragher left on a free along with Cole, Pacheco and Spearing for small fees, the only significant fee coming in was 9.25m for Assaidi.

In season 1 I struggled out of my Europa group playing the kids so was relieved to be handed a straightforward CL group with Bayern, Standard Liege and Young Boys. We dropped points 4 times after the group games so the squad is probably still not strong enough to compete on all fronts.

Anyway we fell at the first hurdle defending the League Cup but went all the way in the FA Cup with 2-1 win over Everton in the final. Our return to the CL saw us go out in the semi-final to Valencia and we finished 2nd to City in the League but were comfortably clear of the chasing pack.

To push on and win the league in season 3 I think I have some big decisions to make. Aside from replacing Reina with Mandanda and bringing in Schneiderlin as cover for Lucas I have the original defensive unit. In midfield we have good strength but no obvious best 2, Gerrard and Allen had a good run when we had 12 consecutive wins but then both got injured. Funnily enough I think Gotze missed almost that entire good period and returned to fitness when that good run ended. For 40m I seem to have signed a crock who so far has been thoroughly underwhelming.

I went back to 4-2-3-1 & I use 5-3-2 against the tougher teams away rigid & Control I used my defence line to go deeper as I was conceding to many goals so far ok

I'd try fluid and control for the 4-2-3-1 instead of rigid, it worked for me in the first season because from what I've read with rigid is that players on attack duty won't help out in defense and players on defend will never join in attacks. Also with Liverpool you don't really need a five man defense even against big teams, try a 4-3-3 to control the midfield instead. Also I know I've said it before but try using some shouts, I've been using pretty much the same ones that oescus since fm 2012 and they work great with Liverpool.

Setting your team as rigid is something to do with you're managing stoke or westham, teams who aren't that good and don't have any technical players around

I'd be curious to know how people are playing Gerrard - he's been fairly underwhelming for me so far and often exhausted by the 60 minute mark.

I wouldn't worry too much, you can buy Isco in the second season and he's better than Gerrard and only 21. You'll find yourself fazing him out of the team during the second season

I'd try fluid and control for the 4-2-3-1 instead of rigid, it worked for me in the first season because from what I've read with rigid is that players on attack duty won't help out in defense and players on defend will never join in attacks. Also with Liverpool you don't really need a five man defense even against big teams, try a 4-3-3 to control the midfield instead. Also I know I've said it before but try using some shouts, I've been using pretty much the same ones that oescus since fm 2012 and they work great with Liverpool.

Setting your team as rigid is something to do with you're managing stoke or westham, teams who aren't that good and don't have any technical players around

Thanks for the tips the 5-3-2 ive always used against big teams just this season until my squad gets stronger its 3 at the back with 2 wingers where the DMC stays but 4-2-3-1 is my preferred tactic as i've been using it for along time in FM.Ive started using shouts before each match its helped alot as well if i make it to January will be the 1st time ive got there since i got the game in December & the board is happy with my progress got 13 mill to spend in January will def get a striker not sure who

I got Dzagoev on a free and he's a good replacement for Gerrard. I want to give Suso a chance too but he looks unlikely to develop that much.

Yeah out him him, Shelvey and Sterling I haven't seen anywhere near as much improvement from him, despite playing as many games. Shelvey is still 4.5 star potential, Sterling 5 and Suso has been at 2.5 since my first season, I'm in October of season 2 now. But he was the worst in last years game too.

Still two months before the January transfer window but I've agreed to sell Glen Johnson for 20m to Chelsea. He only played 20 games last season due to injuries and picked another one up in the summer that'll keep him out to the end of December. That and I won't be using fullbacks/wingbacks in my third season anyway

Hi guys, apologies for my anger yesterday lol. Was just so annoyed. But I'm gonna start a new game now, just wasn't happy with how the team was playing the last 20 games. Going to sell some of the players and hopefully get younger better players. But first, need to make a list of all of the staff I have as they're all great and I'd like them, but may get Cryuff (bad spelling) instead of Aysteran (again, bad spelling) but I'll have to see which one is cheaper.

Also, when the board offered me a new contract on £72k p/w, I changed it to £18k p/w, does this affect the wage budget?

Yeah out him him, Shelvey and Sterling I haven't seen anywhere near as much improvement from him, despite playing as many games. Shelvey is still 4.5 star potential, Sterling 5 and Suso has been at 2.5 since my first season, I'm in October of season 2 now. But he was the worst in last years game too

Suso is out on loan for me right now, I'll have another look at him when he comes back. If he's not progressing well enough, I might try to buy Ward-Prowse of Southampton.

Hi guys, apologies for my anger yesterday lol. Was just so annoyed. But I'm gonna start a new game now, just wasn't happy with how the team was playing the last 20 games. Going to sell some of the players and hopefully get younger better players. But first, need to make a list of all of the staff I have as they're all great and I'd like them, but may get Cryuff (bad spelling) instead of Aysteran (again, bad spelling) but I'll have to see which one is cheaper.

Also, when the board offered me a new contract on £72k p/w, I changed it to £18k p/w, does this affect the wage budget?

Probably does, because the staff contracts are affected by the wage budget you've got. Never thought of it myself though

Probably does, because the staff contracts are affected by the wage budget you've got. Never thought of it myself though

Hopefully it does lol. Not like we need the money :). Didn't really check if it did but I should have, I'll check this time for sure though...if I get a contract that is!

Going to sell Johnson, any good RB cover for Kelly apart from Flanno/McLaughlin (that's his name right but I've never tried him...any good?) that I can buy? Sime Vsraljko from Dinamo maybe but he's only three stars?

Plan is to sell Johnson, Skrtel maybe, Agger maybe, Enrique maybe too. Erm who else, Henderson, Reina aswell, if I can get a good keeper replacement. Cole, Downing and the rest of the high earning players.

Hopefully it does lol. Not like we need the money :). Didn't really check if it did but I should have, I'll check this time for sure though...if I get a contract that is!

Going to sell Johnson, any good RB cover for Kelly apart from Flanno/McLaughlin (that's his name right but I've never tried him...any good?) that I can buy? Sime Vsraljko from Dinamo maybe but he's only three stars?

Plan is to sell Johnson, Skrtel maybe, Agger maybe, Enrique maybe too. Erm who else, Henderson, Reina aswell, if I can get a good keeper replacement. Cole, Downing and the rest of the high earning players.

It'll be interesting to see if it does, because like everyone else I take a big contract for myself in this game :lol:. McLaughlin is rated pretty highly in this if you give him games, but Kelly is pretty much holding the rightback/ right wing back spot down

It'll be interesting to see if it does, because like everyone else I take a big contract for myself in this game :lol:. McLaughlin is rated pretty highly in this if you give him games, but Kelly is pretty much holding the rightback/ right wing back spot down

Haha, same in previous saves. Ah cheers for that, I may give him a try, yep Kelly was awesome for me in the last save.

Vsraljko looks a bit rubbish this time around. His mental attributes are not good enough. Flannagan is a decent player but his potential is not great. McLaughlin is very raw at the start but will improve a lot if given some first team action. He's done pretty well for me in games against weaker opponents.

Agger and Skrtel will be very hard to replace. The others less so.

Mandanda's second season stats for me:

s2mandanda.png

He has been a good shot stopper for me, seems to perform above his attributes.

You need to start looking at rightbacks for Liverpool pretty soon anyway, Johnson and Kelly are too injury prone for the longterm. You're pretty much ****ed if they both get injuries around the same time

After seeing the thread on Adam Matthews, I'm tempted to try and go for him in my save. I prefer to buy HG if possible!

Can someone please give me a list of the CA's and PA's of the Liverpool/Liverpool Reserves/Liverpool Youth squads at the beginning of the game? I'm interested in how FM ranks our youngsters. Players I'm interested in:

Sterling

Suso

Borini

Yesil

Sinclair

Ibe

Ojo

Shelvey

McLaughlin

Allen

Sahin

Kelly

Robinson

Wisdom

Coates

I don't have the game yet but I intend to get it soon. Many thanks

October

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 QPR; Sterling 42

Liverpool 2:1 Swansea; Falcao 21, Suarez 57; Kone 44

Liverpool 2:0 West Brom; Suarez 24, Griezmann 89

Champions League Group Match

Liverpool 1:0 Lyon; Skrtel 86

Liverpool 5:2 Olympiakos; Assaidi 27, Coates 41, Borini 83, 91, 95; Castro 75, Tanase 89

Capital one cup

Liverpool 1:2 Fulham; Suso 44; Berbatov 5, 27

Apart from the Capital One cup another good month for me, apart from Borini's hattrick in the CL game the goals went to the attackers even enough this month. I'm top of the league and looking to qualify from the CL group with a game to go. Shelvey, Isco and Gerrard all picked up injuries this month that sidelined them for the month annoyingly.

I'll do the loan player catch up every other month to see how they're getting on

Just finished the first season, got sacked twice.

ME seems so random, play with a DM in front of a back four buy concede all kind of goals, through balls, crosses. Cant hold onto a lead if I ever get one. Not been threatening up front either.

Going to give up with widemen, Assaidi and Sterling can be plan B. Going with three CAMS, just got Hamsik and Kovacic

Just did a player swap. Suarez for Oxlade Chamberlain...great deal or not? Thoughts? In first transfer window. Summer 2012 as I started again, but may have to restart again because I may have messed up the team lol.

I wouldn't have made that swap but who knows. It might work out for you.

Just got to the end of the january transfer window and the fixture gongestion from hell, with no breaks of more than 4 days between matches for over 2 months. Somehow i'm top of the league by a point with 2 games in hand, and still in euro cup, fa cup and into league cup final. Have to keep pinching myself as i can't believe how well things are going.

Just signed Ronaldinho and Dzagoev on free transfers, and Klose for £1m (to tutor Yesil when Di Vaio leaves in the summer).

Can anyone recommend a good quality winger, looking at Yamolenko, but the £24m price tag might be a problem unless i get a big transfer budget for the start of the second season.

The summer break is almost over and have had somewhat silent summer in terms of signings...

In: Kadu (FCB B), Benjamin Mendy (Free), Matthieu Chevalier (Free), Patrick Tshimpi (Free) and Osvaldo Torres (Cerro Porteno).

Out: Martin Skrtel (Wolves), Isco (Newcastle), Jose Reina (Fulham), Joe Cole (Retired) and few youngsters released.

Thus no big name signings are board are somewhat annoyed of this. The fact remains that we are making monthly losses that add up so wages need to be cut.

I still have 30M in transfer funds but most likely will not dip into the market and instead promote few more youngsters into the squad.

Also uncertain whether to take minor break and wait for the ME tweaks. Would like to get IF/Wingers fixed but if I continue than might go with 3 AMC's again.

The squad for 2014/2015 campaign:

GK M-A.ter Stegen / Jack Butland

DL Jack Robinson / Jetro Willems

DR Sime Vrasaljko / Martin Kelly / Andre Wisdom and Joe Flanagan

DC Daniel Agger / Sebastian Coates / Danny Wilson

MC Joe Allen / Jonjo Shelvey / Lars Bender / Radja Nainggolan

AMC Raheem Sterling / Mario Götze / Suso / Jordon Ibe / Stevan Jovetic / Steven Gerrard / Osvaldo Torres (don't have WP)

ST Luis Suarez / Fabio Borini / Samed Yesil

We had quite a few staff members seen walk into retirement.

Thus the main focus was to recruit new ones and keep the quality in the training field.

The staff roster looks like this for the upcoming season...

DOF: Santiago Llorente

Reserve Manager: Rodolfo Borelli

Under 18 Mananger: Steve Cooper

Assistant Manager: Giuseppe Baresi

Under 18 Assistant: Giuseppe Tortora

Head of Youth development: Liam Brady

Coach: Anselmo Sbraglia

Coach: Francisco Ayestaran

Coach: Massimo Bonini

Coach: Chico Fraga

Coach: Jimmy Hampson

Coach: Quintiliano Lemos Filho

Coach: John Owens

Coach: Agostini Tibaudi

Coach: Andy Welsh

Goalkeeping: John Achterberg

U18 Coach: David Court

U18 Coach: Paulo Carnelio

FItness: Glen Driscoll

Fitness: Valte Vio

U18 Goalkeeping: Mark Morris

Head Physio: Rob Price

Decided to restart last night. Wanted to get a better balance to the team and try and get a decent tactic going.

Bought 5 players in for 58m but made 40.5 in sales.

IN

Davide Santon - long term left back

Wallace - Brazilian wing back, good cover and can play LB

Wellington Nem

Ezequiel Cirigliano - DM, great potential

Star signing was Robert Lewandowski

Sold - downing, Kelly, Enrique, doni

Started the season well. 3 games in and have 5 points, beat Chelsea and away draws against stoke and united ( used a 532 formation for that game and nearly won it )

Not a good omen.

I'm currently playing 4-4-2 coz I prefer playing with 2 strikers. Brought in a few players, will update later when I get time hopefully.

Lost another one, this time to spurs, haven't scored in 6 games! Think I need to go back to the drawing board and look at tactics

Changed tactics after a little look around the tactic forum for ideas, playing a 41131 now.

First game we beat Dinamo Buc 3-0 in the EL.

Playing reading now in the PL and its 0-0- at alf time but we've had 3! Goals disallowed

Archived