FM 13 New Vid: Match Day Experience

Smurf

Didn't blow my mind, but looks good.

Annual release schedule is hard to blow a mind on anything new I guess, always going to be evolution over revolution, but wonder if FM hardcore fans would prefer a release every 2-3 years to bring in mind blowers or an annual tweek as it is and always has been with FM?

Not that change in release schedule is likely to happen, but I think I'd prefer how it is now.

Some changes take 2 or 3 years to develop and be implemented into the game.

The likes of the overhauled match engine - in which Miles says "It's an accumulation of 2-3 years hard work by Paul Colyer and his team to rewrite huge amounts of the match engine and the AI"

Just because the game is released yearly doesn't mean that all the new features are added in a year. Some are being worked on right now that are intended for FM15 or even FM16 - but aren't ready yet.

Some changes take 2 or 3 years to develop and be implemented into the game.

The likes of the overhauled match engine - in which Miles says "It's an accumulation of 2-3 years hard work by Paul Colyer and his team to rewrite huge amounts of the match engine and the AI"

Just because the game is released yearly doesn't mean that all the new features are added in a year. Some are being worked on right now that are intended for FM15 or even FM16 - but aren't ready yet.

I get that, but with a 2/3 year cycle you could throw pretty much 100% resources of your company in to development, so you're obviously going to see more mind bender changes each release? Then CIV 5, x yrs after CIV 4 gets released to prove me wrong. :D

It's irrelevant I guess anyway. Was just musing aloud. I've changed my mind on what I'd once prefer anyways.

This all just looks like window-dressing to me. But please SI, give us an option for 'show all player names on field' so I don't have to manually cmd-click on each of my players at the beginning of each match! (Not only that, but I have to be super-careful not to click anywhere on the field throughout the match, otherwise the game 'forgets' which players' names were showing.)

None of the improvements seem that useful or necessary (but that's just my opinion). Were a lot of people asking for the match day UI to be overhauled/improved?

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

― Henry Ford

Annual release schedule is hard to blow a mind on anything new I guess, always going to be evolution over revolution, but wonder if FM hardcore fans would prefer a release every 2-3 years to bring in mind blowers or an annual tweek as it is and always has been with FM?

Not that change in release schedule is likely to happen, but I think I'd prefer how it is now.

I think you can hardly find many other people thinking that way. In total, the current release schedule is ideal and, surely, better than for the other PC games:

- SI Games produces new best-selling game every year. They receive money motivating them to work even harder over the next release.

- Every new football year which start in August is closely associated with a new Football Manager. SI Games are always in time to adapt the freshest tactical approaches from real life to their AI.

- The complete majority of FM gamers are happy with the current schedule. If you change it to 2-3 year releases, they will hate this, as far as me :)

- Man, we have the best football manager simulating game that has no competitors on the market!

Conclusion: Miles & Co cope with annual releases very well in all senses: business, community feedback, popularity. Why would they change that? Miles will never make so poor startegical decision.

None of the improvements seem that useful or necessary (but that's just my opinion). Were a lot of people asking for the match day UI to be overhauled/improved?

I was certainly asking for the UI to be overhauled, and have been for about 3 years. I look forward to the changes and I hope they make the Match Day better.

To be honest the UI in FM10/11/12 is awful. It's clunky and not user-friendly. I've been saying this on these forums for years.

I'm delighted they are making changes to the UI - the better the UI the better the interaction between the gamer.

No doubt I'll find things unearthly wrong with this UI, and I'll post about them too and perhaps they'll be changed in a patch, or perhaps not. But from a design point of view, FM10/11/12 is a UI nightmare.

- Every new football year which start in August is closely associated with a new Football Manager. SI Games are always in time to adapt the freshest tactical approaches from real life to their AI.

You must be joking!

- Man, we have the best football manager simulating game that has no competitors on the market!

Unfortunately.

I was certainly asking for the UI to be overhauled, and have been for about 3 years. I look forward to the changes and I hope they make the Match Day better.

To be honest the UI in FM10/11/12 is awful. It's clunky and not user-friendly. I've been saying this on these forums for years.

I'm delighted they are making changes to the UI - the better the UI the better the interaction between the gamer.

No doubt I'll find things unearthly wrong with this UI, and I'll post about them too and perhaps they'll be changed in a patch, or perhaps not. But from a design point of view, FM10/11/12 is a UI nightmare.

Spot on, just awful and default bright skin is horrible.

Definitely looks much tidier and should help speed up the games which I find can take a long time to complete. People need to remember that not everything will see a complete change in every release, as others have said certain features take a few years to implement in the game. I will hang on til seeing all of the videos before passing judgement

No word on the existing widgets? If they also have GTFO sliding (or mouseoff fading), that'd do me. I suspect the news bar can't incorporate a dynamic league table.

In terms of subs, as my subs generally change the shape of the team, unless there's a tactics grid in that popup, it's got little appeal to me.

looks really good. but those are cosmetics issue which i won't consider when im contemplating to buy this game or not.

looking forward to hearing how much more the AI has been overhauled/improved and the ME. hope more details will be given about this in the near future.

looks really good. but those are cosmetics issue which i won't consider when im contemplating to buy this game or not.

looking forward to hearing how much more the AI has been overhauled/improved and the ME. hope more details will be given about this in the near future.

It is cosmetic... but at the end of the day the way you interact with the game and it's features is hugely important. By making the cosmetic changes they are making the game more user friendly than it was, so the gaming experience should be enhanced by making the Match Day more intuitive with a better UI.

Hmm, some good additions, but I wonder how exactly that match feed thing works. Is it displayed for x seconds and then it disappears? I've never liked in match widgets because it's impossible to arrange them on screen without them always getting in the way of action. Which is why I prefer the classic view which shows stats between highlights. The problem is that the stats screen isn't customisable enough. I'd usually have dual view with match stats on one side and my team stats on the other but I could never have it to display everything I need - condition, morale, yellow cards etc. There was a user made "hack" for this in FM11 but didn't work well in FM12. It would be nice if we could have one big customisable stats screen which is shown in between highlights.

Archived