Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

AFAIK the council own Stanley Park and the plan was to do a land swap with Liverpool if they decided to build there. With a new stadium 60k seat costing at least twice as much as redeveloping to add 20k seats I think a new stadium is a non-runner.

We have cleared the site though, so you'd still expect to form part of the wider redevelopment scheme.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They had quite a few third years playing, whilst most of ours are 1st years. They had their equivalent of Suso, Sterling, Wisdom and Yesils playing. We done good, considering.
Yeah, i went to the home leg - boring game but jovial atmosphere as it was only a fiver to get in, and people could actually go and sit with their friends and family and enjoy the experience even if the football was dull, imagine that - and it was like watching a youth team vs a reserve team.

skrtel and lescott swap anyone?

i've been a fan of his for awhile and iirc city were big on the thought of signing skrtel not long ago. he's a proper out and out defender which is what we need, someone who'll lead and get everyone organised in defence. we really do need a strong ball winner both in the air and in the tackle/block who just loves defending next to agger imo.

there is the issue of him being ex everton ofc :D. there doesn't seem to be that many quality defenders 1)who's available and 2)who'll want to come to us.

he plays in aggers position at CB though. cant see either making the transition to the right side too well tbh, plus he's 30. surely theres better out there we can go for. i know the dede deal is dead but alderwiered seems a big possibility for me and diakete keeps popping up aswell.

Wouldn't want Lescott. I haven't watched him much this season, but last season my impression was very much that he was the weak link in their side and made to look significantly better as a result of having Kompany alongside him then when anyone else played with him.

carroll's done. no way he'll be here next season, rodgers did everything but say it on goals on sunday last week. he just doesn't fit the style of play.

i like him and was excited by what he could offer when he signed and he's the type of player you can really get behind and support imo. lost count the amount of times i was willing him to bag a goal and still do now he's at west ham, he just has that all action type of play to him that i like, but the truth is he's **** with the ball at his feet and is never going to be able to play in a passing side where 95% of the football is on the deck.

my moneys on newcastle wanting him back and we'll accept around 12m or so.

They had quite a few third years playing, whilst most of ours are 1st years. They had their equivalent of Suso, Sterling, Wisdom and Yesils playing. We done good, considering.

Wrong. Most of Chelsea's players are first year scholars and some schoolboys. None are third year equivalents apart from Pappoe who did not take part.

Newcastle's season last year made them think they were too good for him. But given their season this year and how Carroll's played for West Ham, I can totally see them wanting him back.

We've always wanted Carroll back as AP never wanted to lose him. Tried getting him last summer with a cheeky bid but Liverpool were having none of it and it seems that we could get him for that price this summer so you lot may as well sold him to us last summer :D

I'm certain most fans of Everton don't remember the dark days before Moyes. I remember that day a Gareth Farrelly goal saved them from relegation.

I'd say MOST Everton DO remember those days. Unsure of its relevance to this team though. Or its ability to finish above a poor Liverpool side

I've not seen anything to suggest that?

It's certainly true of Torres. And several other strikers. But haven't seen similar comments made about Carroll.

It is just his performances. In my eyes, you could see last season when he was in and out of the team and not the main guy his confidence was a bit low where as at West Ham & Newcastle where he was the main man he is a different animal.

:D get real. there are only about 10 men in the world that should be the "main man" in a top level team.

I didn't say he should be. I said he needs to feel like it :rolleyes:.

just have to face it, chelsea have better players than we do. saying that it was only a goal from a corner thats undone us and i'll have to see it again but i thought gerrard was at fault for it. was marking near post and just let it go by him when it was at a height he could have got to it.

Archived