[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! The Liechtenstein teams are in the Switzerland league structure, because they don't have their own national league. Here is the link for the 6th tier, but you can take over Vaduz with he default Switzerland league. Vaduz are the biggest club in Switzerland so it woulld be easier trying to improve the national team with them.

My best players are Sebastian Zimmermann, Sebastian Schneider, Karl-Heinz Heinrichs, Ernst Jung and Phillipp Bender. Their pictures are in the previous update :)

yeah i saw two or three before, impressed a lot, but didn't read the whole updates, really need such time, would love to read it at all when i can ! but what i meant are if they are the best players you have since you start the game ? from what i understand, this is 'Zimmermann' is the best one since you played the first time :thup: surely there is no way you produce such players at the start of this game, well, do you think you could do that earlier in your game by toturing ? and do you think specially training schedule would be helpful ?

you are playing a true game, in which way i like, apart from you don't use skins and backgrounds, where i feel it's good way to feel you are really at your club :D anyway, I'm really surprised you stated that long at one game, which i never did, as always change the club within 18-30 months maximum which i start at lower point :D

thanks for the link, willing to include the league in my next game, here is my game ( not updated until 23.12.2016 ) click here

wish to see your feedback on my sugggestion click here ( wrote it today ) , as i really relly on people like you for it, and looking forward for some help over it, if you kindly can help.

cheers !

I would love if you beat Steaua, even though I'm Romanian. Well done getting past Dnipro, which is usually a really strong team.
Congrats on staying up and good luck in a tough Euro League group!

Cheers! Most of the teams that should be stronger (like Dnipro, AZ and Olymipakos and FC CTwnte from a couple of years ago) aren't actually that strong. It's probably because I only have the Swiss leagues loaded, and also becuase the Swiss League is becoming a lot stronger (8th most popular league in Europe, behind England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Portugal and tied with the Netherlands). Actually, Young Boys regulary make it past the groups of the CL, and last season Zurich made it to the semis of the Europa League, with Basel making it to the quarters. They both lost to Arsenal who ended up winning the thing, so it's a sign that the Swiss league is getting pretty good!

I am sorry for Ventspils

So do I, I had a pretty good save with them in the first year that you could make custom leagues on FM (FM10 was it?) Got them to the Champions League final but couldn't win it, and I've had a soft spot for them ever since

Good Group, could grab some points and maybe even qualify
Decent Group, but might still find it tricky at this stage.

Cheers! I think I should qualify, it isn't that difficult of a group really. And Zimmermann has enough class to carry us through pretty much every game!

Ouch...my wife's background is Romanian...fell like I should have known that. Good thing she doesn't follow football like I do!

Probably for the best :D Just as long as she isn't from Steaua herself, then you might be in trouble :p

yeah i saw two or three before, impressed a lot, but didn't read the whole updates, really need such time, would love to read it at all when i can ! but what i meant are if they are the best players you have since you start the game ? from what i understand, this is 'Zimmermann' is the best one since you played the first time surely there is no way you produce such players at the start of this game, well, do you think you could do that earlier in your game by toturing ? and do you think specially training schedule would be helpful ?

you are playing a true game, in which way i like, apart from you don't use skins and backgrounds, where i feel it's good way to feel you are really at your club anyway, I'm really surprised you stated that long at one game, which i never did, as always change the club within 18-30 months maximum which i start at lower point

thanks for the link, willing to include the league in my next game, here is my game ( not updated until 23.12.2016 ) click here

wish to see your feedback on my sugggestion click here ( wrote it today ) , as i really relly on people like you for it, and looking forward for some help over it, if you kindly can help.

cheers !

None of the players I had at the start were good enough for really anything! It took a very long time for me to start producing decent players from my youth system, but even I'm surprised at how well they've turned out :) It's really just down to how well you can improve your youth system (Junior Coaching, Facilities, Recruitment). This save is pretty close at becoming my longest save, it is my longest since FM08 because it's the first year since then I've been truly able to get into the game. I'll have a look at your threads when I can :)

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2029

Fixtures

Probably our best preseason ever!

July 2029

july.png

After managing to survive last season, Ruggell were looking forward to the new season to improve on there past positions. However, the Europa League would come first, and the Liechtenstein representative bowled over Bosnia's Travnik 6-1 on aggregate. Their first game of the league campaign would come against reigning champions Young Boys, and Ruggell would inflict a shock 1-0 win to start off the season. They followed this up with a win over Grasshoppers, and finished the opening month very strongly with 2 wins from 2.

August 2029

august.png

August began with the next match of the Europa League campaign, as Ruggell played Ventspils from Latvia. Goals from Schneider and Zimmermann ensured a 2-0 home win, before young striker Wolff and Bender scored in the away leg to secure a 4-1 aggregate win. Back in the league, Ruggell put down Vaduz 2-1, before slumping to a 5-3 loss to Xamax, before newly promoted Aarau also defeated the club 3-1. However, Ruggell returned to there winning ways in cup football, defeating Dnipro 4-1 and 1-0 in the Europa League to set up a group stage visit, as well as thrashing Heimberg 6-1 in the Swiss Cup.

September 2029

september.png

Ruggell faced Basel to kick off September, and the title challenger looked surprisingly flat as the Liechtenstein club ran over the top of them, winning 3-0. Up next was a cup game against FC Ferad, where injuries and a youth fixture prevented Ruggell from fielding a second string side! They pushed aside the 3rd tier team 4-0, before hosting AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League. It was a perfect start, as a hat trick from Zimmermann gave Ruggell a 3-1 win. However, their form would stop there, as Young Boys got revenge for the opening day defeat as they thrashed Ruggell 4-1. Things returned to normal as Ruggell thrashed Marco Reinach 8-1 in the cup, before Sion inflicted a 3-0 loss to the Liechtenstein club to ensure they finished September in 7th place.

q1league.png

It's been a bit of an erratic start. Zimmermann has essentially been carrying us (in fact, in a press conference a journalist said the "Many people have been saying the Zimmermann should be playing at a higher level as he has looked to be carrying your team), but in those games he hasn't been firing in we've lost pretty big. I'm a little bit apprehensive about losing him, but I know it's gotta happen eventually. I've set his asking price to 12mil, and while that staved off potential bidders in the PreSeason transfer window, Espanyol, Wolverhampton, Catania, Basel and AS Saint-Etienne are all interested in him now. He seriously is the best player in this division.

I feel sorry for Vaduz, they are well out of their league. They lost their best two players, Bachmann (the Liechtenstein national team captain) on a free transfers and Thimo Herzog (a really good attacking midfielder/striker) to Basel for 3.2mil, and haven't brought in adequate replacement. Looking through their team, they would struggle in the Challenge League. Could be the start of a decline for them.

What else? Well, Young Boys got a pretty tough group in the Champions League, with Real Madrid and Juventus. But they managed to beat Juventus in their first game! So they could qualifying for the knockouts again. Not really much else to talk about from the opening few months.

I'm thinking that I won't accept any bids this transfer window, but might sell him in the off season if the right offer comes along. I couldn't disrupt the team's harmony by getting rid of arguably the best player mid season.

I have found that you can keep the interested clubs away quite long if you just set a ridiculously high asking price. Might be a kind of bug, but try it and you might be able to hold on to him for some time. If not, it will help you get a lot of money for him.

On another note, brilliantly done mate. Have read and followed this thread for a while and am very impressed by your progress!

Start looking at potential replacements for Zimmerman now. Depending on the transfer fee you arrange, maybe you can use it for another player, get someone good, and make some cash :)

Bit erratic so far but it's still early days,if you can sort your form out then you could easily hit 3rd.Sucks to be Vaduz and good luck in keeping Zimmermann.

Cheers BWG, I think it's mainly the defence that's been hurting us We have no trouble scoring, but our full backs just aren't cut out for this level so teams find it easy to get around us.

You should make sure Zimmermann's asking price is very high so you don't get any bids - about £20 million.
Make sure you get 15+ million for Zimmerman.

I'm thinking 15mil will be the minimum that I will sell him for, the money will help the club invest in the youth system so it will be for a good cause.

I have found that you can keep the interested clubs away quite long if you just set a ridiculously high asking price. Might be a kind of bug, but try it and you might be able to hold on to him for some time. If not, it will help you get a lot of money for him.

On another note, brilliantly done mate. Have read and followed this thread for a while and am very impressed by your progress!

Cheers Pjotas! I'm thinking that I'll sell him in the off season if I get a bid of 15mil+, which would be a lot of money for a transfer in Switzerland. I think the highest anyone has ever received for a player is about 11mil, and that's usually only 1 player a season. Granted, Zimmermann is probably the best player in the league at the moment and if clubs like Juventus want him enough, they will spend the money :)

Start looking at potential replacements for Zimmerman now. Depending on the transfer fee you arrange, maybe you can use it for another player, get someone good, and make some cash
From what I'm led to believe, Scarman isn't buying any players in this save, and just using his youth players

I'm sure what cerud means is that I can reinvest it in my youth system so I can get a better player in the future, right? ;) Haha

Actually, if he did go I would have the talent in my youth team to step up (Wolff has had a pretty good season, and Bernd Bender is developing pretty well), so I'm not that worried about selling him.

Anyway, I have got up to the next update, but I won't be able to update until tomorrow cause I'm about to head out to a mates place to watch a little thing in Australia called State of Origin (What do you mean Rugby League is only popular in a couple of states in Australia? Are you telling me no one else in the world cares? :p) So if there's any Queenslanders in my thread, get out for the night ;) If not, carry on! Just a quick sum up of October - December, I'm still in 7th place, I finished top of my Europa League group somehow (and got some pretty good wins, including coming back from 2-0 down at half time to beat Spartak Moscow 3-2) and I play Valencia in the first knock out round. Finally, Tottenham have been the only team to make a bid for Zimmermann - 13 mil total, but with 9 mil of that spread over 18 months + 10% of profit from next sale + friendly. Not the best, so I negotiated up to 15mil + 50% of next sale. Needless to say, they didn't really like that and rejected.

Anyway, I have got up to the next update, but I won't be able to update until tomorrow cause I'm about to head out to a mates place to watch a little thing in Australia called State of Origin (What do you mean Rugby League is only popular in a couple of states in Australia? Are you telling me no one else in the world cares? :p) So if there's any Queenslanders in my thread, get out for the night ;).

Its popular here too! (well not really!) We're Leeds Rhinos, We're Leeds Rhinos!

Looking like a similar season to last you reckon?

Yeah pretty much, except we're doing exceptionally well in Europe. I don't understand how we find the league so hard but then go and dominate teams that we probably should lose to in the Europa League

Its popular here too! (well not really!) We're Leeds Rhinos, We're Leeds Rhinos!

When I used to watch the Super League I went for Leeds :D Haven't really paid attention to the English leagues for a while though.

That's not true at all. Only Northern England care about Rugby League.

Funnily enough, no one in the South (or west for that matter) cares about League in Australia. Must be a northerner thing ;)

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2029

october.png

The Europa League was starting to hot up, and after silencing the critics with a 3-1 win over AZ Alkmaar in their opening group game, Ruggell were looking to win again in arguably the easiest of the games against Steaua. A brace from Alfons Wolff and goals from Zimmermann and Frick gave the Liechtenstein representatives a 4-2 victory. This was followed by another loss in the league, this time to Grasshoppers 4-1, however it would be Ruggell's turn to hand out a thrashing the game after, with Vaduz confronting the full force of the top Liechtenstein club and losing 7-1. That was followed by a 1-1 draw in Russia to Spartak Moscow, before Xamax were held to the same score the Ruggell Stadium. The Liechtensteiners finished out the month with a 6-0 win over 6th tier Farvagny/Ogoz in the cup.

November 2029

november.png

November resmed the league, and Aarau were able to hold Ruggell to a 1-1 draw, before Spartak Moscow took a 2-0 lead into half time at Ruggell Stadium. Little is known about what went on in the dressing room at half time, but the home side came out looking like a different team, as they went on to score 3 unanswered goals to win 3-2. This was followed with a home game to Zurich, in which the club took their momentum into the game to win 2-0. 3 days later, and a trip to Zurich saw them draw 1-1, before Basel ended their unbeaten run in the league with a 3-2 win. However, Martigny would be Ruggell's next victims in the cup, as the 2nd teir side struggled to press any advantage and lost 6-0.

December 2029

december.png

Another draw would great Ruggell in the opening game of December, as Sion held them to 2-2. A trip to the Netherlands would give Ruggell their first win of the month, as Zimmermann, Wolff and Heinrichs all scored in a 3-0 win. Ruggell returned to the league to face St Gallenn twice, but lost both games, firstly 5-2 away to the Swiss side, before losing 2-1 in front of their home fans. It wasn't all bad news for the club though, as Steaua would be their next victims in the Europa League, Ruggell winning 2-0, before 3rd ter side Locarno lost out 6-0 in the cup.

q2league.png

Europa League Group B

Europa League Knockouts

So we're still in the Swiss Cup and the Europa League, though I don't fancy our chances against Valencia. If we do somehow get a shock win, Besiktas or Juventus should definitely be too strong for us. We play another 3rd tier side, Zug in the Quarters of the Swiss Cup, so that should be another easy win. Looking to finally win a major trophy this season in the Swiss Cup, as I feel it is a winnable trophy at the moment. The league could be going better, I haven't won in 5 games but I'm not out of contention for a 6th place European spot grab yet. Need to improve our defence if we're to be any chance of challenging teams in this comp. Young Boys are once again finding their rhythm at the right time, and are now leading the league. I wouldn't put it past them to win a 8th title in 9 years. Zimmermann has simply been too good, I think I may sell him in July/August for some money, but only if the right bid comes along.

Liechtenstein 2029 Review

Senior

Rankings | Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Second Place Table

What a heartbreaking way to end qualification!!! Coming into the last round, we were happily on 15 points in the second place table. We just needed Austria to not take full points from Portugal and we would be through!! Not only that, but last placed Estonia surely wouldn't give us any trouble, right? It's the perfect time to blood a few new players into the side to look for the future. Well, Austria played their part well, and drew with Portugal. Our massive for and against we picked up against Kazakhstan would be invaluable and we would get a chance to qualfiying through the play....wait, what? Estonia beat us 5-2? And they jumped above Kazakhstan to completely change our 2nd placed league table position? What a cruel way to end the qualification. It's a mistake I'll never make again.

All in all though, a pretty good year and we made it into the top 50!

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Another pretty poor year by the U21's.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Also wasn't that good a year for the U19's, but what are you gonna do?

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |       -       |     119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |      119      |     145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |      145      |     185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |      185      |     137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |      137      |     187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |      187      |     202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |      202      |     197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |      197      |     206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |      206      |     208      |   -2       |
|2019   |   37   |      208      |     205      |   +3       |
|2020   |   15   |      205      |     208      |   -3       |
|2021   |   34   |      208      |     203      |   +5       |
|2022   |   27   |      203      |     204      |   -1       |
|2023   |   45   |      204      |     204      |    0       |
|2024   |   65   |      204      |     198      |   +6       |
|2025   |   65   |      198      |     195      |   +3       |
|2026   |   98   |      195      |     177      |   +18      |
|2027   |  334   |      177      |      91      |   +86      |
|2028   |  476   |       91      |      58      |   +33      |
|2029   |  648   |       58      |      43      |   +15      |
--------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

I found it tough to sell the only good goal scoring threat I had in my youth challenge, but you seem have quite a few options upfront. Hope you can get the money you want and it'll help out in the long run. :)

Yeah, we've been lucky in the past few years to have a number of decent strikers come through. Still would like to keep Zimmermann as he is simply ridiculous for us at the moment, but I know that's not possible in a league like Switzerland.

Tough to lose like that with the national team....
Doing well in Europe and good luck against Valencia.Sucks to be Vaduz right at this moment and unlucky on missing out like that in the qualifying with Liechtenstein.

It really was harsh, though it was my fault for underestimating Estonia like that.

You certainly have done exceptionally well in Europe. Good work .

Cheers SRL! It surprisingly gets better. Let's just say I started the game against Valencia in Spain and walked away from the computer, and I get back and it's 5-4 to Valencia. That game finished 5-5, I think that the defence forgot to turn up! :D We got knocked out by Besiktas, absolutely unbelievbale stuff by the team...I mean Zimmermann.

Really good stuff in Europe. I guess Vaduz are pointless now :D
I'd feel bad it it were my team that allowed Vaduz to score
-59 Goal differential for Vaduz? Yikes

All good things must come to an end though, Xamax must have really felt sorry for them and lost 1-0 :D Still, I've never seen a team do that bad.

Just caught up on this thread - Lichtenstein 43rd in the world?

Great stuff!

Cheers mate! It's been pretty tough but things have start to look up for Liechtenstein!

That will be close relegation battle.

In play-offs of course.

I dunno, Vaduz could come back from this ;)

FC Ruggell MidSeason/February - March Review

MidSeason 2030

Fixtures

February 2030

february.png

A new year and a new decade to start off the second half of the Axpo Super League season, and Ruggell would face Young Boys. Ruggell started well, but Young boys got on the score sheet first. Schneider managed to equalise going into half-time, but from there it was all Young Boys as they ran out 3-1 winners. Ruggell then travelled to Spain, where they would face an impossible challenge in Valencia. However, Valencia forgot how to defend as the teams finished in a 5-5 draw. Ruggell took there rediscovered attacking prowess into their next league game against Grasshoppers and won 5-2, before welcoming Valencia to Liechtenstein and defeating them 3-2 to progress to the next round of the Europa League, shocking everyone.

March 2030

march.png

March began with a slightly easier task, a home game against winless Vaduz. However, Vaduz were starting to show some fight and it took a late goal from Ziereis to secure the win for Ruggell. The Liechtenstein club would then welcome Besiktas to Ruggell Stadium. The Turkish giants were too good for Ruggell however, and ran out 4-3 winners. Ruggell returned to the cup and thrashed 3rd tier Zug 6-0 to progress to the semis, before travelling to Turkey to finish the tie. Besiktas won 2-1 to win 6-4 on aggregate, and Ruggell's dream run ended. This seemed to take the wind out of Ruggell's sails, as they slumped to a 3-1 loss to St. Gallen, before bouncing back with a 1-1 draw to title contenders Basel. Ruggell rounded out the month by thrashing Sion 4-1.

q3league.png

That was an unbelievable few months! I never thought we would have beaten Valencia like. Zimmermann now has over 50 goals this season. We are into the semis of the Swiss Cup against Young Boys, which should be difficult depending on how they take the game. They are competing for top spot and they are in the quarters of the Champions League so they might slack off for the cup game. Seeing we still have heaps of games to catch up on, We could still easily finish in the top 4, maybe even above Zurich! Not likely but maybe at least the Europa League places. Vaduz finally won a game against Xamax, and drew with Aarau.

Finally, this is the group Liechtenstein have for the Euro 3032 qualifiers. Not the worst group, though Germany will probably thrash everyone.

euroqual.png

Just looked into resigning Zimmermann to bump up his price, that's not gonna happen any time soon. His wage demands? $35,000 a week! Well, he is good enough to deserve wages like that, but we can only offer him $9,500 a week maximum. Luckily he has a contract until 2033, I know I can't keep him now!

Good couple of months,looks like you survived and woohoo to Vaduz,they scored some points :D

Yeah, relegation wasn't a real concern of mine at that point. It looked like Aarau would take up the playoff spot so I was feeling fine :D

Anyway, I played the rest of the season and it's been a great end to it!

FC Ruggell April - June/ End of Season Review

April 2030

april.png

Ruggell were coming off the back of a massive win over Sion, and were looking to push away from Aarau with a win. A Zimmermann hat trick answered their prayers as they won 3-0., However, Young Boys would inflict a 2-1 loss, before they held Xamax to a 1-1 draw. Zimmermann would score another hat trick as Ruggell thrashed Grasshoppers, before Vaduz almost gave them a scare as it took a late Schneider goal off the back of a dubious penalty to equalise. Xamax would also hold them to a draw, before the Liechtenstein club bowled over Zurich 2-1. However, their month would end in disappointment as Aarau defeated Ruggell 2-1.

May 2030

may.png

May began with Ruggell's Swiss Cup semi final against Young Boys. 90 minutes ended at 1-1, but Zimmermann scored the only goal of extra time to secure Ruggell's second ever final, to be played against Challenge League side Thun. The Liechtenstein club took their high into their next game where they defeated Zurich 3-2, before Basel brought them back to earth with a 3-0 thrashing. Ruggell improved to beat St Gallen 3-1, leaving them in the top 6, but Sion pushed them out on the final day with a 4-0 demolition.

June 2030

june.png

June signalled the Swiss Cup final, this season to be played between Super League side Ruggell and Challenge League side Thun. The Liechtenstein club went in a big favourites, and after 9 minutes Ziereis put them in front. Ruggell went 2-0 up after a Jimmy Duval own goal in the 27th minute, before another own goal, this time by Ruggell keeper Fritz Breu, gave Thun a sniff of hope. However, Zimmermann put the game to 3-1 right on half time to all but rule out a Thun victory. Ziereis doubled his tally in the second half, and the game finished 4-1. Ruggell lifted their first major Swiss trophy.

q4league.png

That cup victory confirmed that I can't qualify through the Swiss league system, which is fine. I'll just win the Europa League haha. In all, a fantastic season again by the club, though it was mainly thanks to Zimmermann's contributions.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Those finances were after the youth facilities upgrade and before the sale of Heinrichs, they are now above 3mil.

Youth Prospects

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Wasn't getting many games, so I loaned him to my feeder club. Signed him on for another 5 years for sentimental purposes, I'm hoping he retires and becomes a coach at the club.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Another fantastic season by the captain, won Striker of the Season and partnered Zimmermann in the Team of the Season.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Did pretty well, is just one of those players you can rely on.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Again, not that great of a season but he really is outclassed at this level.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Dropped out of favour because Bender and Hopp are simply better players.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Still an absolute rock in the midfield.

Maximilian Reichel (YP12) - Isn't that great in defence but still pretty good going forward and chipped in a few assists

Stefan Ziereis (YP13) - Spent most of the season injured. Really feel he had massive potential but he could never fulfil it due to his constant injury problems.

Sebastian Zimmermann (YP14) - 65 goals this season, he was sensational. Won Swiss Young Player of the Season, Super League Player of the Season, Super League Top Goalscorer and finished 2nd in the European Golden Boot.

Karl-Heinz Heinrichs (YP15) - Was great again. First victim of our success, he has signed for West Ham for 1.4mil.

Dennis Hofmann (YP16) - Didn't play as much this season, but still chipped in a lot of assists.

Phillipp Bender (YP17) - Pretty good at the back, but makes stupid choices at times.

Oliver Hopp (YP18) - Same for Hopp, though they are both young and still learning.

Alfons Wolff (YP19) - Became the third striker this season due to Ziereis' injuries, and played pretty well.

Wolfgang Herzog (YP20) - Didn't see too many games again this season, not really convinced by him.

Bernd Bender (YP21) - Was starting a fair few games before getting a lengthy injury, ruling him out for 9-11 months!

[center][color="#008000"]FC Ruggell Season by Season[/color]

|Season    | Tier | Position |  Swiss Cup  | What Happened?     |
|---------------------------------------------------------------|
|2011/12   |  6th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!        |
|2012/13   |  5th |   1st    |  4th Round  |  Promotion!!       |
|2013/14   |  4th |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2014/15   |  4th |   7th    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2015/16   |  4th |   3rd    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2016/17   |  4th |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2017/18   |  4th |   2nd    |  6th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2018/19   |  4th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!!!      |
|2019/20   |  3rd |   5th    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2020/21   |  3rd |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Consolidation     |
|2021/22   |  3rd |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2022/23   |  3rd |   2nd    |  Runners Up |  Swiss Cup Finalist|
|2023/24   |  3rd |   3rd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing but draws |
|2024/25   |  3rd |   1st    |  5th Round  |  Promotion!!!!     |
|2025/26   |  2nd |   1st    |  3rd Round  |  Promotion!!!!!    |
|2026/27   |  1st |  10th    |  Last 8     |  Relegation      |
|2027/28   |  2nd |   1st    |  3rd Round  |  Promotion!!!!!    |
|2028/29   |  1st |   7th    |  Last 8     |  Survival!!        |
|2029/30   |  1st |   7th    |  Winners!   |  EL Knockouts      |
-----------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center][color="#008000"]FC Ruggell's European Adventures[/color]

| Season |  Europa League  | Club Co-Efficent | Club Ranking | Nation Co-fficent |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2026/27| 3rd Qual. Round |    8.259         |    214th     |      11.000       |
| 2027/28| 4th in Group G  |   14.699         |    146th     |      19.500       |
| 2028/29| 4th Qual. Round |   15.499         |    135th     |      21.000       |
| 2029/30| 2nd Knockout    |   31.478         |     69th     |      38.500       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center][size=4][color="#008000"]European Travelling Book[/color][/size]

2026/27

FBK Kaunas; Kaunas - Lithuania (Won 1-0; Won 2-0 on agg)
C.S. Maritimo; Funchal - Portugal (Drew 0-0; Lost 0-1 on agg)

2027/28

Drogheda Utd; Drogehda - Ireland (Won 5-2; Won 6-2 on agg)
Olympiakos; Piraeus - Greece (Won 2-1; Won 8-5 on agg)
FC Twente; Enschede - Netherlands (Won 4-1; Won 6-2 on agg)
Standard Liege; Liege - Belgium (Won 1-0; Lost 2-0 at home)
FC Zurich; Zurich - Switzerland (Lost 2-0; Won 1-0 at home)
Trabzonspor; Trabzon - Turkey (Lost 1-0; Lost 3-1 at home)

2028/29

Beroe; Stara Zagora - Bulgaria (Won 3-0; Won 6-1 on agg)
Koper; Koper - Slovenia (Won 3-2; Won 4-3 on agg)
Metalist; Kharkiv - Ukraine (Won 1-0; Lost 2-1 on agg)

2029/30

FK Travnik; Travnik - Bosnia & Herzegovina (Won 6-1; Won 6-1 on agg)
FK Ventspils; Ventspils - Latvia (Won 2-1; Won 4-1 on agg)
Dnipro; Dnipropetrovsk - Ukraine (Won 1-0; Won 5-1 on agg)
AZ Alkmaar; Alkmaar - Netherlands (Won 3-0; Won 3-1 at home)
FC Steaua Bucuresti; Bucharest - Romania (Won 4-2; Won 2-0 at home)
Spartak Moscow; Moscow - Russia (Drew 1-1; Won 3-2 at home)
Valencia C.F., S.A.D.; Valencia - Spain (Drew 5-5; won 8-7 on agg)
Besiktas; Istanbul - Turkey (Lost 2-1; Lost 5-3 on agg)[/center]

2030 FIFA World Cup

Hosts - Italy

Holders - Netherlands

Group Stage

Group A - Honduras (7); Italy (5); Bulgaria (4); New Zealand (0).

Group B - Chile (6); Turkey (5); Netherlands (4); Australia (1).

Group C - Ghana (7); Argentina (7); Germany (3); China (0).

Group D - Spain (7); Algeria (7); Serbia (3); South Korea (0).

Group E - Uruguay (7); Czech Republic (5); Romania (3); Iran (1).

Group F - France (9); Morocco (6); USA (3); Portugal (0).

Group G - Brazil (7); South Africa (5); Mexico (4); Belgium (0).

Group H - England (5); Columbia (5); Wales (4); Tunisia (0).

Second Round

Turkey 6 - 0 Honduras

Italy 4 - 1 Chile

Ghana 2 - 3e Algeria

Spain 3 - 1 Argentina

Morocco 1 - 1p Uruguay

Czech Republic p0 - 0 France

Brazil 0 - 0p Columbia

England 2 - 0 South Africa

Quarter Final

Turkey 1 - 0 Spain

Italy 4 - 1 Algeria

Uruguay p0 - 0 England

Czech Republic 1 - 0 Columbia

Semi Final

Turkey 3 - 0 Czech Republic

Italy 1 - 2 Uruguay

Third Place Play off

Italy 2 - 0 Czech Republic

Final

Turkey 3 - 0 Uruguay

Golden Ball - Alper Zaza (Turkey)

Golden Shoe - Alper Zaza; 11 goals (Turkey)

Young Player - Svilen Aleksandrov (Bulgaria)

Goalkeeper - Craig Ferguson (England)

Portugal continue under performing at major tournaments, while Netherlands and Germany also failed to get out of the groups. England lose on penalties again, so no real major news from this tournament :D Turkey winning was a bit of a shock though, seeing we had beaten them in qualifying.

Hey Scarman I fell in love with your post. I tried to do the same with my team (I made it up, it's called "Unió Catalunya) - it was supposed to play only with Catalan players (I'm sure you're famirialized with Basque nationality, Athletic Bilbao plays only with players from there. Well, Catalunya also feels like they should be independent from Spain, and say that they're catalan and not Spanish. Catalunya's capital is Barcelona)

But then I kinda gave up as I had to check where the players were born before signing them, and sometimes look it up in google. So slowly, it became a Spanish-only team, and with time, Spanish speaking only (Argentina, Colombia, Bolivia, etc). So it became much easier, I'm finishing 3rd. 4th for the last years in the first Spanish League. You motivated me to go back to my roots, and I'll try not to sign anyone else, slowly try to get rid of non-Catalan players (75% of the squad now), so it might take a while to do it without ruining the club).

Also, I remember signing a Liechtenstein player just for fun, as I giggled to find such talent from such a nation. 6 Months after I signed him Man City made an offer that i was forced to accept by the club, and took him away without ever playing for the first team. Is he better than your Zimmerman? I'd love to see a screenie

Here's Claus Endres - currently on loan from City to lower league clubs

Zimmermann is unstoppable in that league,good finish in 7th as well and you were not too far behind 4th place which shows how close it was.With your players still developing,it could be an exciting future.

Archived