[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great start to your league season, and all the best in Europa! Doing very well internationally too by the looks of things! Have you had any Swiss players come through your ranks?

I've had 20 intakes, and still haven't seen any dual nation players yet :( It has to do with my Youth Recruitment being so poor, so I'm really looking forward to improve it soon.

Well done on qualifying!

Cheers mate!

Other than Zimmermann, are there any non-Ruggell players in your national first team squad? Which clubs are they at?

Yeah, Karl-Heinz Heinrich started at the club and moved to West ham a couple of seasons back. Also, our captain Hendrik Bachmann started his career at Vaduz and now plays for Cagliari in Italy. Other than that, the bulk of the teams in Ruggell players (though I can't say for how much longer, seeing some of them are attracting interest from other clubs. Oliver Hopp, for instance, is wanted by Braga)

Great job on getting Liechtenstein into the Euros!! Is this their first time in that competition?

Thanks mate! Definitely is their first appearance in a major tournament, and hopefully it won't be the last :D

Congrats on the remarkable achievement.Good luck in the Euro Championship.

Cheers mate!

I've had 20 intakes, and still haven't seen any dual nation players yet :( It has to do with my Youth Recruitment being so poor, so I'm really looking forward to improve it soon.

Oh I see! How come you haven't been able to upgrade it? I assume you have upgraded the other areas?

Cracking job qualifying from that group :thup:.

Cheers SRL!

Oh I see! How come you haven't been able to upgrade it? I assume you have upgraded the other areas?

I have no idea, I guess my reputation isn't high enough. Which is strange now, considering we are the 7th most reputable side in Switzerland, and we've been in Europe for a number of seasons now. Maybe the board isn't ambitious enough? I've been able to upgrade every other area (Youth twice, Training will start for the 2nd time at the end of this season, and Junior Coaching is at it's maximum), Youth Recruitment seems to be the one everyone has trouble with!

Anyway, Euro 2032 groups have been drawn.

Group A

- Czech Republic

- Northern Ireland

- Romania

- Russia

Group B

- Germany

- Italy

- Sweden

- Wales

Group C

- Belgium (Hosts)

- Croatia

- Denmark

- Liechtenstein

Group D

- Austria

- France

- Netherlands

- Switzerland

Group E

- Poland

- Scotland

- Spain

- Turkey

Group F

- England (Holders)

- Norway

- Portugal

- Serbia

It could have been worse. A lot worse. 2nd seed helped us out a lot, as that probably helped us avoid some major nations. Belgium will be tough, as will Croatia and Denmark, but it's a pretty even group to be honest, and one I'm confident that we can qualify from if the team plays to their potential. Group B is the group of death, with Germany, Italy and Wales all being major players on the world stage. Groups D and F will be interesting to see if any of the smaller nations can upset France/Netherlands or England/Portugal respectively. Group A should be Czech Republic and Russia's, while Group E should be Spain and Turkey's.

Given that this is Liechtenstein's 1st show in a while, getting a few points out of matches will be good. That is better than other groups, but still tough to qualify from.

That isnt actually a bad group in all fairness. Yeah its going to be tough, but it could have been a LOT worse.
Looks good, all things considered.

Agreed, the fact I missed the big nations like Spain, Germany, England, Italy and such really will help us.

Given that this is Liechtenstein's 1st show in a while, getting a few points out of matches will be good. That is better than other groups, but still tough to qualify from.
The most important thing I would say is to just get some experience and as other people have said get some points.

Yeah it will be tough, but I'm still confident of qualifying for the knockouts. That will probably be it, but I think that's a realistic achievement. Then again, who knows how we'll perform. We actually didn't beat Slovenia during qualifying (1 draw and a loss), but beat Germany to get through. That just shows we are completely unpredictable.

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2031

oct-1.png

Bit of a mixed month. We got thrashed by Galatasaray and Roma in the Europa League, but managed to beat Basel. However that was soured with a loss to St Gallen and a draw to Sion, as well as needing extra time to beat 3rd tier FC Ticino.

November 2031

nov-1.png

November seemed to resume the poor form, drawing with Aarau before being absolutely thrashed again by Roma and Young Boys. However, the international break seemed to revitalise us as we defeated Xamax 5-0. We slumped back down after this, needing extra time again in the Swiss Cup, this time to Challenge league side Servette, before losing to Zurich.

December 2031

dec-1.png

December was a bit more positive, despite draws to Karpaty and Luzern. We beat Zurich and thrashed Galatasaray with Schneider showing even at 31 years of age, he can still compete with the best. We almost snuck a point against Young Boys, but they scored in the 89th minute. Finally, we bested Liechtenstein club Eschen/Mauren in the Cup 2-1 on New Years Eve.

League Standings

q2league-1.png

The drop in form seemed to co-inside with qualification for the Euros, but it looks like the team is slowly working back into form. Young Boys and Zurich are untouchable again, but I'm hoping to hold onto third spot. Really, the only thing separating us from them is quality defenders. Hopp and Bender are fantastic centre backs, but so many goals are conceded from wide positions because our full backs are pretty bad.

If we had managed to pick up the points from the Karpaty game, we would have been on equal points with Galatasaray, but ultimately would have lost out because they scored 5 at our place, while we only scored 4 at theirs. Still, a great performance in a really tough group.

Liechtenstein 2031 Review

Senior

Rankings | Fixtures | Qualification Group

What to say? We have finally qualified for an international tournament!! Slovenia were probably the better side, not losing to us, but we managed to take 3 points from Germany, and take maximum points from Greece, something they failed to do. A fantastic year, marred by only two losses, have shot us to 25th in the end of year rankings, after reaching a high of 21st!

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualification Group

Only a couple of wins, a minor improvement from last season.

U19

Manager | Fixtures

No wins, and I pulled the wrong qualification group screenshot. Doesn't take much imagination to figure out where they finished though.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | World Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |   119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |   145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |   185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |   137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |   187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |   202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |   197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |   206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |   208      |   -2       |
|2019   |   37   |   205      |   +3       |
|2020   |   15   |   208      |   -3       |
|2021   |   34   |   203      |   +5       |
|2022   |   27   |   204      |   -1       |
|2023   |   45   |   204      |    0       |
|2024   |   65   |   198      |   +6       |
|2025   |   65   |   195      |   +3       |
|2026   |   98   |   177      |   +18      |
|2027   |  334   |    91      |   +86      |
|2028   |  476   |    58      |   +33      |
|2029   |  648   |    43      |   +15      |
|2030   |  623   |    41      |   +2       |
|2031   |  841   |    25      |   +16      |
--------------------------------------------[/center]

Pretty much, Young Boys have finsihed first and made Champions League football 9 out of the past 10 seasons, while Zurich have finished 2nd and gotten Champions League football 7 out of the past 10, so they can afford to buy in whoever they want (Young Boys spent 32mil last transfer window!). If I wanted to, I could dithc the whole Youth Only policy and bring in the players I need (pretty much just defenders), but I've made it so far using it that it'd be stupid to stop now!

Just caught up and an epic read... Reminds me of the Tord game from Sweden! Really doing wonders with the national team, but the gap to top the league is seeming huge to bridge.

I think once you get that youth recruitment up though, you can start to really get some good young players in.

Have any players retired and gone on to the backroom staff?

Liechtenstein 5 - 1 Australia - How could you?!? :(;) What's Australia's squad like?

You're doing really well with such a small nation! Good luck at the Euros :thup:

I'm sure you'll crack the top two in the league eventually! ;)

You maybe third but outside the big two,you can be considered as the best of the rest :D

I hope this doesn't jinx me for the rest of the season :D 3rd and 6th are only separated by 3 points, o a few slip ups could see us no where near anything.

Wow. Top 2 are miles ahead of the rest.

I know, it's a bit disheartening seeing them sign 20-30mil worth of players each season. Still, I think if we can improve the defence, we'll be in with a shot of breaking them down.

Just caught up and an epic read... Reminds me of the Tord game from Sweden! Really doing wonders with the national team, but the gap to top the league is seeming huge to bridge.

I think once you get that youth recruitment up though, you can start to really get some good young players in.

Have any players retired and gone on to the backroom staff?

Not mine personally, I tend to let go of the players I didn't need from the lower divisions due to a lack of money, so I missed out on them. Some players should start retiring soon though. I do have a couple of Swiss regens on my team, I think they got loaded into the game in their mid 20's though. Im glad you're enjoying it, I hope I can one day get over the line and break the top 2!

Liechtenstein 5 - 1 Australia - How could you?!? :( What's Australia's squad like?

You're doing really well with such a small nation! Good luck at the Euros :thup:

I'm sure you'll crack the top two in the league eventually!

To be fair, it was 2-1 until the final 5 minutes, then Zimmermann turned on the lights and scored 2 and set up another 1. I was a bit disappointed we (the Aussies) couldn't put up more of a fight! The Australian squad is looking pretty similar to what is know, except for the fact there's only about 12 or so actual regens. There's a couple of players in the middle nations throughout Europe like Russia, Holland and such, a few in the Middle-East and a superstar in England playing for Man City.

Cheers! I hope I can do it soon as well!

Got plenty of catching up to the big 2.

Sure have, it'll probably take a number of seasons though.

Catching up with the other two will give you something to work towards! Keep the faith!!

The faith is gonna be kept! It's gonna be hard, but I'll get there eventually.

You are not more than a few seasons away of reaching the top two I would think. Here's to Liechtenstein making further headway in world football!

Maybe a bit more than that, most of my current crop have reached their potential, and I've only got a few good youngsters coming through.

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2032

youthintake-3.png

Johannes Bender - YP22 (Coach Report) - We seem to be rolling out the best strikers in Liechtenstein. Another player that looks like a superstar in the making, already labelled a promising striker. I would trade him for a couple of decent fullbacks.

Michael Kramer - A decent looking keeper, I'll have to wait and see how he develops before I pass judgement though.

Ruggell U18's 2 - 3 Youth Candidates

So all in all, better than last season, but we're still not getting the players I want. Also, this coming league update is going to be pretty disappointing. Still got most of March to go, but... well it's been pretty horrendous.

Two decent looking players there. At this rate Liechtenstein will have the world's best strikeforce!

To be fair, it was 2-1 until the final 5 minutes, then Zimmermann turned on the lights and scored 2 and set up another 1. I was a bit disappointed we (the Aussies) couldn't put up more of a fight! The Australian squad is looking pretty similar to what is know, except for the fact there's only about 12 or so actual regens. There's a couple of players in the middle nations throughout Europe like Russia, Holland and such, a few in the Middle-East and a superstar in England playing for Man City.

Any chance of a screenshot of the superstar's attributes and history? I never seem to find any world-class Australian regens! :D

Yeah, I'm blessed at the moment! Schneider, Bachmann (Cagliari), Zimmermann, Thimo Herzog (Basel), Ziereis, Bernd Bender, Johannes Bender, Alfons Wolff and a few others that are pretty decent as well!

Shane Bodo - History

Probably the best midfielder in Australia's history! Bit of a weird career progression for him, but oh well. Also, Australia's won only one Asian Cup, that was the 2027 one hosted by Bahrain.

Getting pretty close to that 1000th game now!

900games.png

Those two intakes don't look half bad :thup: I always like to see a keeper come through, they generally take the longest to peak so need to get them training from the off. Which positions are you in most need of?

Definitely right and left backs, in a severe shortage of quality there. Actually, I only have 1 left back, but he generally spends half the season on the sidelines injured. Right back has a few more options, but there more suited to the lower tiers. Some backup in the centre of defence and maybe another central mid would be nice too, but full backs is the most urgent need.

FC Ruggell February - March Review

February 2032

feb-1.png

Pretty bad month by the club, starting off with a loss to Grasshoppers. I thought we were back on track with the draw to Basel, but St Gallen also destroyed us to really push back our claim for the top 3.

March 2032

mar-1.png

March was a bit better than February, but it started just as bad when we lost to Luzern on penalties in the Swiss Cup quarter finals. Young Boys compounded the loss by thrashing us 3-0, before we recovered by beating Aarau 2-0. 3 more wins later, and we were back on the cusp of the top 3. The win over Zurich was particularly great, as it also singled Johannes Bender first ever goal for the club. However, we clipped up on the final day of March, losing to Sion 2-1, as Basel beat Young Boys. This leaves us 4 adrift of 4th place, and 6 of retaining our 3rd place of last season.

League Standings

q3league-1.png

Nine games to go, I will aim for 3rd place, but I think holding onto 5th will be a more likely accomplishment this season. It will all come down to how we perform against Basel and Sion in the coming months. I'm getting more and more pumped for Euro 2032, really hoping to post some shock results against the bigger nations!

In news around the globe, Sebastian Zimmermann just scored a double in Arsenal's 3-0 Europa League quarter final 1st leg win over Girondins Bordeaux.

God dam,I jinxed it!Looks like you have a suitable replacement for Zimmermann in the near future,hope he turns to be a star.

Same, it'll be good to have another Zimmermann come through. It might help bridge the gap between the top 2.

Tough couple months there. With 9 (??) games to go I reckon you can still push for 3rd.

Yeah, 9 games left from there, but now I only have a couple left, and I can only finish 4th or 5th now. Sion's in 4th on 53 points, while we're on 51 points. Basel secured 3rd place with a few rounds to spare, while Young Boys and Zurich are having a really enthralling battle for the title.

A push for 3rd would be a good achievement.

I think it's going to be a bit beyond us this season unfortunately :(

I decided to for the first time watch a game that didn't involve my team - the 2032 Europa League final between Arsenal and Bayern Munich. All I can say is that Zimmermann has got the touch with Arsenal as well, he scored a goal and had another disallowed for offside as Arsenal won 2-1. Great stuff there, putting Liechtenstein on the map.

Liechtenstein Euro 2032 Preliminary Squad Announcement

[center]|     Player           |      Club      |    Position    | Age | Caps | Goals |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Steffen Braun        | Etoile-Carouge | GK             | 30  |   0  |   0   |
| Ralf Beckmann        | Yverdon        | GK             | 27  |   1  |   0   |
| Fritz Breu           | Ruggell        | GK             | 25  |  48  |   0   |
| Arvid Keller         | Ruggell        | D(R)           | 31  |  26  |   1   |
| Jochen Lang          | Ruggell        | D(RC)          | 29  |  59  |   2   |
| David Jansen         | Vaduz          | D(RLC)         | 25  |  31  |   0   |
| Wolfgang Herzog      | Ruggell        | D(RC)          | 19  |   8  |   0   |
| Florian Fehr         | Ruggell        | D(RC);DM;M(RC) | 30  |  54  |   0   |
| Laurent Legrand      | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 27  |   6  |   0   |
| Kai Arndt            | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 28  |  47  |   1   |
| Phillipp Bender      | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 23  |  39  |   1   |
| Oliver Hopp          | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 21  |  32  |   0   |
| Kristof Schwarz      | Vaduz          | D(C)           | 20  |   0  |   0   |
| Ulrich Hirsch        | Ruggell        | D(C);DM;M(C)   | 23  |   1  |   0   |
| Sebastian Alder      | Ruggell        | D(C);DM;M(C)   | 23  |  15  |   0   |
| Horst Lange          | Ruggell        | D(C);DM;M(C)   | 18  |   0  |   0   |
| Maximlian Reichel    | Ruggell        | D(L);M(L)      | 25  |  53  |   1   |
| Ernst Jung           | Ruggell        | DM;M(C)        | 27  |  56  |   1   |
| Karl-Heinz Heinrichs | West Ham       | DM;M(C)        | 26  |  55  |   5   |
| Dennis Hofmann       | Ruggell        | M(C)           | 26  |  50  |   3   |
| Christoph Frick      | Ruggell        | M(C)           | 23  |  37  |   1   |
| Georg Schweinsteiger | Ruggell        | M/AM(RC)       | 20  |   9  |   1   |
| Thimo Herzog         | Basel          | M/AM(RC);ST    | 22  |  32  |   4   |
| Jerome Richter       | Vaduz          | AM(R);ST       | 25  |   3  |   0   |
| Sebastian Schneider  | Ruggell        | AM(L);ST       | 31  |  78  |  22   |
| Sebastian Zimmermann | Arsenal        | AM(L);ST       | 22  |  35  |  49   |
| Alfons Wolff         | Ruggell        | AM(L);ST       | 20  |  11  |   5   |
| Hendrik Bachmann     | Cagliari       | AM(C);ST       | 27  |  62  |  45   |
| Stefan Ziereis       | Ruggell        | ST             | 24  |  36  |   3   |
| Bernd Bender         | Ruggell        | ST             | 20  |   1  |   0   |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Got friendlies planned against Costa Rica and Poland to prepare the team for the Euros. Still a couple of games left in the Ruggell season, but with Euro 2032 just around the corner, I'm starting to get excited! Most of the players are Ruggell players, but with Vaduz and the rest of the clubs producing little to no talent, it's hard to not be biased.

Before the Season Review, a couple of news items came through that I'm really happy about!

First off, a stadium expansion. Granted, it's only standing room, but it should increase revenue over the Swiss Season -

stadiumexpansion.png

As well as this, another training expansion.

training.png

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April

april.png

Good month, but we screwed up the two more important games, the losses to Sion and Basel really hurt us in the end. Thrashing Aarau was pretty satisfying though.

May

may-1.png

We began this month with a bang, then went out with a fizzle. We really should have beaten Luzern - if we had of, we would have come 4th. In the end though, it was a tough run in, facing both Young Boys and Zurich. We had respectable losses to both clubs, and almost stole the title away from Zurich if it wasn't for a late winner.

League Standings

d4league.png

Zurich have ended their 14 season title drought, defeating us on the final day when Young Boys slumped to a draw to secure it. Finishing 5th is a good achievement, seeing how much we relied on Zimmermann the past few seasons. Hopefully I'll be able to improve from here and push for the top 3 again.

Before the money was taken away for the upgrades, we had close to 15mil. Still a very healthy bank balance at the moment, all thanks to Zimmermann's sale.

Youth Prospects

Arvid Keller YP6 - Played a fair few games, but was completely outclassed.

Sebastian Schneider YP7 - Absolute superstar! 51 goals in 47 games, we are going to miss him greatly when he eventually hangs up the boots. Hopefully that won't be for a few more seasons yet.

Florian Fehr YP8 - Had a bit of a bad run with injury this season, and as such didn't feature much.

Jochen Lang YP9 - Played a lot, but was outclassed the majority of the time.

Kai Arndt YP10 - Didn't get many games in at all.

Ernst Jung YP11 - Another great season, rarely misses a beat.

Maximilian Reichel YP12 - Pretty good season all round, chipped in 13 assists.

Stefan Ziereis YP13 - Really fired towards the end of the season, just needs a bit more consistency. That should come if the injuries lay off.

Dennis Hofmann YP16 - Another good season with a few assists.

Phillipp Bender YP17 - Solid, but tends to make silly errors.

Oliver Hopp YP18 - Great season, one of our best. Might end up leaving us soon though, he is wanted around Europe.

Alfons Wolff YP19 - Decent season, was fairly inconsistent though.

Wolfgang Herzog YP20 - Not really developing like I'd hope, despite playing a number of games.

Bernd Bender YP21 - Consistency is again the key with another striker. Still young and learning though.

Johannes Bender YP22 - Played a few games and chipped in a goal and an assist. Not a bad start to his career.

Ruggell Abroad

Karl-Heinz Heinrichs - Decent season in West Ham's midfield, a vital player for the club.

Sebastian Zimmermann - Didn't get many in the league, but was instrumental in Arsenal's successful Europa League campaign, scoring a goal in the final.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

| Seasons | Tier |               Division               | Position |  Schweizer Cup  |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2011/12 | 6th  | 3L Ostschweizer Fussballverband Gr.2 |   1st    |    1st Round    |
| 2012/13 | 5th  | 3L Ostschweizer Fussballverband Gr.2 |   1st    |    4th Round    |
| 2013/14 | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   5th    |    4th Round    |
| 2014/15 | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   7th    |    1st Round    |
| 2015/16 | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   3rd    |    1st Round    |
| 2016/17 | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   2nd    |    5th Round    |
| 2017/18 | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   2nd    |    6th Round    |
| 2018/19 | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   1st    |    1st Round    |
| 2019/20 | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   5th    |    5th Round    |
| 2020/21 | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   5th    |    4th Round    |
| 2021/22 | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   2nd    |    5th Round    |
| 2022/23 | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   2nd    |    Runners Up   |
| 2023/24 | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   3rd    |    5th Round    |
| 2024/25 | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   1st    |    5th Round    |
| 2025/26 | 2nd  |           Challenge League           |   1st    |    3rd Round    |
| 2026/27 | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |  10th    |  Quarter Final  |
| 2027/28 | 2nd  |           Challenge League           |   1st    |    3rd Round    |
| 2028/29 | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |   7th    |  Quarter Final  |
| 2029/30 | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |   7th    |     Winners     |
| 2030/31 | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |   3rd    |    Runners Up   |
| 2031/32 | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |   5th    |  Quarter Final  |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center]FC Ruggell's European Adventures

| Season |  Europa League  | Club Co-Efficent | Club Ranking | Nation Co-fficent |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2026/27| 3rd Qual. Round |    8.259         |    214th     |      11.000       |
| 2027/28| 4th in Group G  |   14.699         |    146th     |      19.500       |
| 2028/29| 4th Qual. Round |   15.499         |    135th     |      21.000       |
| 2029/30| 2nd Knockout    |   31.478         |     69th     |      38.500       |
| 2030/31| 3rd in Group B  |   38.998         |     57th     |      47.500       |
| 2031/32| 3rd in Group B  |   46.598         |     47th     |      55.500       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Liechtenstein Euro 2032 Preparation

Friendlies

From the offset, I knew I wasn't going to be playing Zimmermann in any of the warm up games. He is too valuable to loss to an injury in a friendly. Even with weakened sides, however, I won both games.

A good performance, we went 3-1 up before half time. I switched around the majority of the team after the break and conceded 1 goal, but still held out for the win.

This game was better in my opinion, as it showed we are capable of grinding out a win when up against a fairly strong side. We went ahead in the first half, but from there it was all Poland. We were lucky they got a player sent off, otherwise they probably would have equalised.

The Final Squad

[center]|     Player           |      Club      |    Position    | Age | Caps | Goals |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Steffen Braun        | Etoile-Carouge | GK             | 30  |   0  |   0   |
| Ralf Beckmann        | Yverdon        | GK             | 27  |   1  |   0   |
| Fritz Breu           | Ruggell        | GK             | 25  |  50  |   0   |
| Jochen Lang          | Ruggell        | D(RC)          | 29  |  61  |   2   |
| David Jansen         | Vaduz          | D(RLC)         | 25  |  32  |   0   |
| Florian Fehr         | Ruggell        | D(RC);DM;M(RC) | 30  |  56  |   0   |
| Laurent Legrand      | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 27  |   8  |   0   |
| Kai Arndt            | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 28  |  47  |   1   |
| Phillipp Bender      | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 23  |  41  |   1   |
| Oliver Hopp          | Ruggell        | D(C)           | 21  |  34  |   0   |
| Sebastian Alder      | Ruggell        | D(C);DM;M(C)   | 23  |  15  |   0   |
| Maximlian Reichel    | Ruggell        | D(L);M(L)      | 25  |  55  |   1   |
| Ernst Jung           | Ruggell        | DM;M(C)        | 27  |  57  |   1   |
| Karl-Heinz Heinrichs | West Ham       | DM;M(C)        | 26  |  57  |   5   |
| Dennis Hofmann       | Ruggell        | M(C)           | 26  |  52  |   3   |
| Christoph Frick      | Ruggell        | M(C)           | 23  |  37  |   1   |
| Georg Schweinsteiger | Ruggell        | M/AM(RC)       | 20  |  11  |   1   |
| Thimo Herzog         | Basel          | M/AM(RC);ST    | 22  |  34  |   4   |
| Sebastian Schneider  | Ruggell        | AM(L);ST       | 31  |  80  |  22   |
| Sebastian Zimmermann | Arsenal        | AM(L);ST       | 22  |  35  |  49   |
| Alfons Wolff         | Ruggell        | AM(L);ST       | 20  |  13  |   6   |
| Hendrik Bachmann     | Cagliari       | AM(C);ST       | 27  |  64  |  46   |
| Stefan Ziereis       | Ruggell        | ST             | 24  |  38  |   4   |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Late News

Midfielder Christoph Frick has suffered a fractured arm in the lead in the the European Championship. Frick, a key member of the Liechtenstein squad, will miss 4-5 weeks due to this injury, ruling him out of the group stage. The earliest he could see a return would be the Second round, should Liechtenstein reach that stage, but it is thought July and the Quarter Finals would be a more realistic time period for Frick to recover. No replacement can be called up.

Congrats on a good position in the league. Finding a good replacement for Zimmerman must be a priority.

Cheers! I'm not too sure about that actually, I have a feeling the rest of the strikers can step up soon. Most of them are young and developing, but should be good after a bit more experience. I think the priority is improving the defence, we lost a lot of games last season due to some dodgy defending.

Good start to life without Zimmermann and hopefully your latest products can step up to the plate sooner rather then later.

Nice build up for the Euros,hopefully you can show you are competitive against the bigger nations.

Poorly timed Frick injury.

It was Fricken bad timing ;)

Decent league position to finish in, hopefully you can push on again next season. Best of luck next season and in Europe! Oliver Hopp looks very good :thup:

Cheers mate! Hopp is a fantastic defender, I think he'd fit into any team to be honest.

Good start to life without Zimmermann and hopefully your latest products can step up to the plate sooner rather then later.

Nice build up for the Euros,hopefully you can show you are competitive against the bigger nations.

Cheers B.W.G! We've been pretty lucky so far in the Euros. We've avoided all the big nations, and you'll see soon where we currently are :D

Liechtenstein European Championship Campaign... So Far

;)

Group Stage

Brilliant start to the campaign, with Zimmermann nabbing a double against the Host Nation. I thought they were going to come back late when they scored in the 80th minute, but Bachmann put it beyond doubt.

Next up were Denmark, and Zimmermann was on fire again, getting a hat trick! We went 4-0 up just after the break and relaxed a little, letting the Danes peg one back. That would be all though, as we all but secured our place in the next round.

Croatia were the team I was not looking forward to playing in this group, and to be perfectly honest, we are lucky we have a superstar in Sebastian Zimmermann to pull us out of games like this. They may have never had the lead, but they deserved this win much more than us.

groupc.png

We finished top of our group, and therefore had a pretty easy tie in the next round. The shock exit from this stage were France, finishing bottom of a group with Holland, Switzerland and Austria. Some things, like French capitulations, just never seem to change.

Second Round

2ndroundmatches.png

We avoided the big nations again this round, and had a pretty good tie against Austria! Zimmermann and Schneider both scored after the break to deliver us the win, and a quarter final appearance!

Quarter Final

quartersmatches.png

We are just so lucky! Czech Republic are our next team, and while they certainly will not be easy compared to our other opponents (currently 9th in the world), I prefer them over England, Netherlands, Italy, etc. We will face the winner of Portugal/Germany next round if we advance, so are luck will eventually run out.

Zimmermann has been fantastic for us, scoring 8 of our 11 goals and winning man of the match in all 4 games!

The bad news for the Quarter though is that our captain Hendrik Bachmann will be missing thanks to an injury...

What a run in Euros, just amazing!

We were helped by the draw, avoiding all the big nations, but unfortunately it's over now :(

Liechtenstein Euro 2032 Quarter Final

The Czech's were just too strong for us. I was hoping Zimmermann might send us into extra time, but they played us off the park.

Regardless of that result, fantastic run, I'm really happy with the performance! Quarter Finals is just amazing.

Full Euro 2032 round up to come shortly.

Archived