(FM 2012) Switzerland down to Tier 6

marcoz76

Hi!

If you want to manage a swiss team in FM 2012, this might be the file you're looking for.

I made an expansion taking the Swiss football league down to tier 6 (3e ligue). It goes like this:

Axpo Super League

Challenge League

1ère Ligue (3 divisions)

2e Ligue interrégionale (6 divisions)

2e Ligue régionale (17 regional divisions)

3e Ligue (34 regional divisions)

This is not 100% accurate, because in real life there are some more regional divisions in the 6th tier.

I also "promoted" some teams from the 7th and 8th tiers (4e and 5e ligue) in the 3e ligue. I did this

because the swiss lower leagues are packed with reserve teams. And a reserve team cannot play in

the same tier as its first team. That means for example that in FM2012, FC Renens 2 could finish at

an excellent 2nd place in the 3e Ligue and still get relegated to the inferior division if FC Renens 1

(which plays in the 2e Ligue) gets relegated. This somehow distorts the championship and kills the

fun for me. Thats why I replaced all second teams with first teams from inferior leagues of the same

region. The other cool side of it: there are nearly 700 playable teams to choose from.

The regional divisons work pretty well and the teams don't get shuffled from north to south and east

to west too much, even after more than 15 seasons (I tested the file in holiday mode until 2026).

Of course, some odd relocations occur sometimes but it remains exceptional and is often corrected

in the next season. But hey, Switzerland is a small country and driving from the canton of Valais to

Basel-Stadt doesn't take soooo long. :p

As there are 12 to 14 teams in each division, a team plays only 22 to 26 matches during a season,

plus eventually one or two Swiss Cup rounds. That's why I added some regional cups taking place

during winter time. I took the idea from another swiss file I played with FM 2010.

The regional cups are:

Trophée André Abegglen (for cantons GE, VD and VS)

Trophée Georges Aeby / Georges Aeby Cup (BE/JU, NE and FR)

Hermann Springer Cup (AG, SO, ZH, Nordwest)

Lauro Amado Cup / Coppa Lauro Amado (Ostschweiz, Ticino, Innerschweiz)

And there is of course the Swiss Cup, plus another fictional cup: the Interregional Amateur Cup,

designed for teams from the 1ère Ligue and 2e Ligue interrégionale.

Tut mir Leid für die Liechtensteiner, but I haven't created the Liechtenstein Cup. I didn't have the

patience to select 800+ teams one by one to avoid Balzers, Triesen, Triesenberg, Vaduz, Schaan,

Eschen/Mauren and Ruggell from participating in the Swiss Cup.

Another problem I encountered is that I had to promote 18 teams from the 2e Ligue régionale to

the 2e Ligue interrégionale, although there are only 17 divisions in the 2e Ligue. So I decided that

the Fussballverband Region Zürich Gr.1 would have two promotion slots. There is perhaps a way,

using the advanced editor, to organize play-offs between the two 2nd placed teams of the zürcher

divisions but I couldn't do this.

Anyway, here is the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rj91hb4h2umhj0v

I also made some competition logos you can use with the database:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d1r8eer98ohw1m9

Just unzip the content in following folder:

My documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/graphics

If you don't have a graphics folder there, create one. And when you restart the game, don't

forget to open the preferences/display and sound, then tick reload skin on confirm and untick

skin cache.

Have fun!

Thanks for doing this!

But i got a Problem, i can choose the Database as normal. But then when i choose the Nations which i wanna take, Switzerland has a yellow sign and i can't put a cross.

I'm playing 12.04 with a german Language pack.

Thanks

Strange.... I play 12.0.4 too, and everything's all right. Have you tried it without the language pack?

Thanks for the work!

Did you integrate the league system change for 2012/2013 (new "1. Liga Promotion" / reducing Challenge League for 6 team / 6 teams going down from the Challenge League)?

Hi!

No I haven't because I didn't want to choose the six teams which will get relegated in the 1. Liga Promotion before the end of the season. SC Brühl will almost certainly drop in this new league, but what about the other teams? This is too much responsability. :o On the other hand, I think that in real life this new system penalizes teams who don't have lots of money in the bank. But this is not the appropriate thread to talk about politics. :p

Warning: could not progress rule group settings in: Sports Interactive/............./editor data/Suisse_Tier6_FM2012_alt2.dbc

Trophée André Abegglen - Too many Teams (12) requested from 3L Association cantonale vaudoise de football Gr.1 (11 Teams)

I get this Error when i choose this Database now when i change the language into english. Really Strange, maybe the Trophée André Abegglen is the problem and you can remove this Cup? Hope to be able to play this dbc soon thanks guys :)

Warning: could not progress rule group settings in: Sports Interactive/............./editor data/Suisse_Tier6_FM2012_alt2.dbc

Trophée André Abegglen - Too many Teams (12) requested from 3L Association cantonale vaudoise de football Gr.1 (11 Teams)

I get this Error when i choose this Database now when i change the language into english. Really Strange, maybe the Trophée André Abegglen is the problem and you can remove this Cup? Hope to be able to play this dbc soon thanks guys :)

I checked the file out with the editor, there are 12 teams in the 3L Association cantonale vaudoise de football Gr.1, and everything is ok (the nation rules are valid). Have you activated other custom databases besides of the swiss one? It is known that they can interfere with each other and create conflicts.

ok i will start a game with only the swiss activated :)

i have another swiss DB but i don't activate it can this affect it too?

Thanks a lot i think now it will work :)

Normally, it shouldn't if it isn't activated. Has it worked with the other databases turned off?

Greets.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for this so thank you. One question, how can I put my U21 team into the lower leagues as a B team. I am playing as neuchatel xamax and have signed a few 19 and 20 year olds that aren't quite up to playing 1st team yet but are too old for the U18s? I know that I will have to start another game but that is ok.

My other option would be to create an U21 team league with the super and challenge league teams split into groups (i think there are 26 teams combined so perhaps 2 groups of 7 and 2 groups of 6) and then have a playoff between the 3 groups for champions. Is this possible?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived