Padders

Playing Football Manager on your work lunch?

25 posts in this topic

Any of you crazy enough to play Football Manager while on your lunch at work?

I did it for the first time last week, got myself a few games in.

I only have half an hour lunch as well! RUBBISH

used to play AT work ... the beauty of being left to your own devices providing you get the work done...

way back in school i remember spending half my time doodling down formations and tactics and players to buy etc

Lunch? Balls to that. I play throughout. This allows me to reach 2050 during each installment of FM. Couldn't do it otherwise cos I hardly play at home!!

Take my laptop to work and if I have nothing on I play it then.

Back in the mists of time when I actually had a job, I used to squeeze the occasional bit of FM action in. Didn't like it if I lost, though. Set me up badly for the afternoon's toil.

I would be lying if i said i hadn't done this or WORSE.

I've got reams and reams of old notes on players stats. I used to be the Howard Wilkinson of the FM world ;-)

Every day i play it on my hour lunch but since im then alone once I've done that hour i extend it for a cheek half hour. Lets me fit about 4 games in

When I am not busy making myself more coffe or eating my lunch, I am playing FM11 on my laptop.

used to play AT work ... the beauty of being left to your own devices providing you get the work done...

way back in school i remember spending half my time doodling down formations and tactics and players to buy etc

Makes you sound very old.

A group of 6 of us decide to play a LAN game over the uni wireless during a very dull lecture.

I'm a teacher. Playing FM during free periods and lunch break >>>>>>>> marking books and creating lesson plans.

I'm probably not the best example of a hard-working teacher....

i'm a teacher. Playing fm during free periods and lunch break >>>>>>>> marking books and creating lesson plans.

mark strikers, not books.

I'm a teacher. Playing FM during free periods and lunch break >>>>>>>> marking books and creating lesson plans.

Sounds like you have low determination and work rate, but I like your technique!

If your kids knew you did that they would think you were the coolest teacher ever. I know I would...

I remember a few years ago, i used to play FM on my old laptop during work hours(sometimes). I would skip through all the crap, pick the 'magic' diablo tactic and start the game and go back at half time etc, about every 5 mins i would check.........I`m a glass cutter :)

I get the odd 30 mins of free time every now and then, only problem I have is I share an office and when your team scores that last minute winner it's hard not to punch the air, I've gotten some strange looks!

if I remember to bring my laptop I do maybe once or twice a week

Yes love playing on my lunch... Playing on the train to and from work is always fun ... quite funny when u score 90th min and have to hold the celebration in

mark strikers, not books.

Haha - indeed.

Sounds like you have low determination and work rate, but I like your technique!

Haha - sounds like a good description to me.

If your kids knew you did that they would think you were the coolest teacher ever. I know I would...

Although I would like to think so, not quite. They're more the COD/Fifa/Pro types. I once mentioned FM in class and was met with silence. I'm glad you would though!

I have to keep office hours during the week, and students rarely come in, so I get several hours of FMing while at work. I'm not complaining!