Football Manager 2013

Getting close to the time when SI usually make their first announcements about the new version!

So how about posting your favourite 3 suggestions from this thread so far? :D

For me, it's:

1) The Youth System - I love the new way it's being handled, and I'd very much like to see it expanded upon so that instead of just getting a dozen or so 16-17yo trialists each season there's a full set of U17, U15, U13, etc. teams so that you can watch the youngsters progress through the ranks until they get to a stage where you'd consider offering them a professional contract. I'd also like to see the backroom staff expanded for youth teams so that there's youth development managers and the like, as in real clubs, rather than just "Youth Coach", which is very much just a junior coaching position in FM. When you look at the phenomenal youth systems of clubs like Ajax in real life, they're severely under-represented in the game. I'd also like the player to be able to speak to the board about looking at specific countries for youth players, or even to have youth academies, independently of affiliated clubs, so that you're not just having to rely on affiliates to get youth players from other nations coming through the ranks. You could maybe have scouts divided between Senior and Youth, with Youth Scouts touring schools and youth teams in regions and recommending players for the various levels of the club's youth system.

2) Player Interaction - Interactions in general need a serious overhaul, but players are the ones we interact with the most often. I also feel there's quite a few obvious dialogue options that are missing. Such as when players ask for a new contract, there needs to be an option to say "I gave you a new contract 7 months ago! You need to wait a bit before you can be demanding another new contract!" (or something along those lines). When players complain about your team-talk, there's no option to say that you feel they deserved the kick up the backside you have them, you have to either back down or deny there's a problem. When players have concerns about a new signing playing in the same position, the only only "pacify" option is to say that they're still "first choice", which is ridiculous when it's a Back-up or Squad players; perhaps another option that's "Don't worry, they aren't pushing you down the pecking order" and "Don't worry, I plan to use them in a different position to you".

3) Job/Contract Negotiation - Some form of "interview" with the board, in which you'd negotiate with them as to expectations as well as salary. Expectations to be more than just competitions that season - 5 year targets, financial targets, expectations as to youth and transfer policies. In the case of a new job, being more optimistic about expectations would give you a better chance of getting the job but would also make them much less patient if you fall short of your predictions. Also, rather than it just being based on reputation, the club would maybe "interview" several candidates and then factor in their interview performance with their reputation to pick a winning candidate, so you might not have the best rep out of the five managers going for the job, but if they like you from your interview discussion you could still get it.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to try and convince players to come based on long term goals etc, rather then the reputation system.

That's a good point, it's not just boards that can be swayed by an ambitious manager, players will sometimes go to smaller but ambitious clubs. How often do we see a signing in the transfer window and think "Wow, how the heck did they persuade him to join them??"

few other bits of sillyness need stamping out.

former club favourates talking about your players and possible dangers.... when then manage another club in another league? they should be watching thier own.

and some funny injury ones where you player gets taken out by a red card foul, yet the injury report says stretching or jumping for the ball.

oh and players who are injured during the match, but continue with strains and other muscle injures you would bring them off for.

I beg to remove press conferences. And no, i don't want my ass man to attend them in my place. His answers are detrimental rather than helpful. They are repetitives and boring. No, they are annoying.

So please, ban them from your current project. Even from your future projects. Better. Ban them from Universe if possible.

lol yea. the press conference are ridiculous. they should implement this feature only if they have 100s of questions and SI will have a monthly press conference update via steam that adds more questions and answers. if not, its a chore.

And most of all I hope SI is really doing something with the match engine, that is by far the worst ever made. I think FM07 match engine was far way better and more realistic than the latest one. At least attributes had a meaning.

This should make you think.

And most of all I hope SI is really doing something with the match engine, that is by far the worst ever made. I think FM07 match engine was far way better and more realistic than the latest one. At least attributes had a meaning.

This should make you think.

FM07 was the most realistic??

FM07 was the worst FM of them all.. So ridiculously easy to win. The match engine had a gazillion flaws which enabled people to create worldbeating teams with mediocre players with just a few tactical tweaks.

I agree that the ME in FM12 isnt perfect, but it is FAR from the worst.. definitely one of the best sofar, if not THE best!

few other bits of sillyness need stamping out.

former club favourates talking about your players and possible dangers.... when then manage another club in another league? they should be watching thier own.

This does happen with real managers, though. If the manager is a notable icon from another club, the press will ask him questions about that club even during conferences about his own matches. And there are plenty of managers (e.g. 'Arry Redknapp) who like to make known their opinion on absolutely everything, regardless of more pressing concerns.

I beg to remove press conferences. And no, i don't want my ass man to attend them in my place. His answers are detrimental rather than helpful. They are repetitives and boring. No, they are annoying.

So please, ban them from your current project. Even from your future projects. Better. Ban them from Universe if possible.

Despite their limited range of questions and other flaws, I personally quite like press conferences (though I'll agree that they do need a lot of work!). Usually I delegate them to my assistant and only go in person if it's an international conference or it's related to a big match, but I'd still rather see them in the game but flawed than not there at all. Perhaps an option in the game settings - just as you can switch off the "Match day experience", allow players to switch off press conferences, then that'll keep both camps happy :)

FM07 was the most realistic??

FM07 was the worst FM of them all.. So ridiculously easy to win. The match engine had a gazillion flaws which enabled people to create worldbeating teams with mediocre players with just a few tactical tweaks.

I agree that the ME in FM12 isnt perfect, but it is FAR from the worst.. definitely one of the best sofar, if not THE best!

:) Well everyone has is own opinion. You say FM07 was easy to handle and easy to win. I think FM12 is. In 15 years of playing, i won everything i could win. Twice. You talk about flaws, well i have never seen since FM06 so many flaws as FM12. Yeah probably i exagerated on saying FM12 has the worst ME. For sure it's not "THE best", and, in my opinion, won't be remembered "AMONG" the best either.

Oh, and however.. i haven't said FM07 "was the most realistic"... did you read my post mate? :)

Despite their limited range of questions and other flaws, I personally quite like press conferences (though I'll agree that they do need a lot of work!). Usually I delegate them to my assistant and only go in person if it's an international conference or it's related to a big match, but I'd still rather see them in the game but flawed than not there at all. Perhaps an option in the game settings - just as you can switch off the "Match day experience", allow players to switch off press conferences, then that'll keep both camps happy :)

I think that could be a good deal for both press conference supporters/moaners.

Oh, and however.. i haven't said FM07 "was the most realistic"... did you read my post mate? :)

:) Well everyone has is own opinion. You say FM07 was easy to handle and easy to win. I think FM12 is. In 15 years of playing, i won everything i could win. Twice. You talk about flaws, well i have never seen since FM06 so many flaws as FM12. Yeah probably i exagerated on saying FM12 has the worst ME. For sure it's not "THE best", and, in my opinion, won't be remembered "AMONG" the best either.

hmm.. my post came across too strong I think.. that was not intended :)

The number of "the game is too easy" threads on the forum on 2012 vs 2007 has been drastically reduced. I dont have any number, but my guess is that there are probably equally many "the game is too hard" threads on 2012 as there are "too easy" threads.. But of course if the game feels too easy for your then thats how you feel.. for me it seems very balanced.. I've stopped making back-to-back promotions from BSP to PL and now have to fight a bit longer for promotion. usually 2-3 years in each division. I agree it should be more difficult, but for me its getting there.. FM2012 has better a financial model (still not perfect, but better) and AI is also better (although AI needs a MAJOR rework for longterm games)

The ME in 2012 is very good.. very rarely do I see things which "shouldnt/couldnt" happen IRL.. even though I'm playing LLM

No problem Herter ;)

I don't have that statistic either, I just speak according to my in-game experience. And my in-game experience says that i have never won so much, and never got so many achievements as did this season. So basically: 1) i could be a very skilled and talented football manager player, experienced and forged by years of tactical experiments and huge delusions and sleepless nights. 2) the game turned into something more user-friendly in order to embrace the largest slice of the market (people love to win. Football Manager Live docet: people (not the hardcore ones) who lose, quit.

Now i'd really love to say "yay the game is not perfect but i have never seen something so close to real life! I'm a genius yeah!", that would mean i'm really good with the game. But i just fear it's not that the reason i won so much. Past editions puzzled me much much much more.

No problem Herter ;)

I don't have that statistic either, I just speak according to my in-game experience. And my in-game experience says that i have never won so much, and never got so many achievements as did this season. So basically: 1) i could be a very skilled and talented football manager player, experienced and forged by years of tactical experiments and huge delusions and sleepless nights. 2) the game turned into something more user-friendly in order to embrace the largest slice of the market (people love to win. Football Manager Live docet: people (not the hardcore ones) who lose, quit.

Now i'd really love to say "yay the game is not perfect but i have never seen something so close to real life! I'm a genius yeah!", that would mean i'm really good with the game. But i just fear it's not that the reason i won so much. Past editions puzzled me much much much more.

who knows.. maybe you're just a late bloomer ;)

I desperately need the option to safe different roles in the quick menu (e. Where you choose CM/BMW/DLP etc.. you could choose custom made roles).

I'm taking so much time changing players instructions! I need to progress quickly :cool:

Just my two cents:

Match Engine: Opportunities, especially the 'clear-cut' ones, should be less often created, but more often converted than what we have. In particular, player's ability to anticipate and intercept a pass should be improved and a team should be less capable of passing the short ball amongst the defenders if they are pressed hard unless all those passers has exceptional squad gelling as well as mental attributes.

Regen stats: The FM has consistently improved on this area but I still see a plethora of so-called 'over-powered' regens. Regens with 180+ PAs should be very infrequent. Players with near 190 PAs, the future Messi/Ronaldos, should only occur world-wide around once per 3-5 years instead of once per 1-2 years.

Opposition Manager AI: Make them change their tactics to fit the team instead of the other way round. I've witnessed Sevilla's new Headcoach selling Jesus Navas, one of the top players, for a mere 8 million transfer listed price because he wanted to play a wingless narrow formation.

Press conferences: Seriously boring, I know the game said there was a load of new questions but you still get the same ones nearly every week

Contract negotiations: I agree with what was said earlier, have players/teams hire you based on what you think you can achieve in a set time rather than your reputation. You can become a world class manager within a year or two on this so any team will take you on, whereas Barcelona should want to know how you plan to bring success rather than just 'league winners'.

Manager behaviour: Have opposition managers swap their tactics during the season when it's clearly not winning, instead of having managers having a favored tactic. Ferguson might use a 4-4-2 in real life, but when he hasn't won the league in 3 years in this and retires, doesn't it seem more likely he'd swap to another formation? Also when a manager moves clubs they'll change their formation based on that club, Moyes took over Utd in the third season of my Liverpool game at one point, sold their wingers and then spent a **** load on old average players who had two star ratings, before using a 4-5-1 formation

Just my two cents:

Opposition Manager AI: Make them change their tactics to fit the team instead of the other way round. I've witnessed Sevilla's new Headcoach selling Jesus Navas, one of the top players, for a mere 8 million transfer listed price because he wanted to play a wingless narrow formation.

I agree to an extent, but real life managers will do this so it should be in the game somewhat. How many promising or squad players find themselves out of favour and on the transfer list just because a new manager has come in with new tactics? Granted, can't think of any examples of a star player having the same issue, though there are plenty who've been forced to play in a different position because of a new manager's tactics.

A small, but (for me) annoying issue.

Rating gain from goals.

I think scoring a goal affects the rating of the player too much. He can play like a sack of nuts for 90+ min. but if he scores a single goal, he suddenly "had a good match". It appeared again this evening for me in a reserve match. My striker was playing like crap, and at 90+3 had a rating of 5.9 and the motivation "having a poor game". He then scores just before the final whistle on a fine cross from my winger. Final whistle happens moments later. His rating is now 7.4 and "Had a good game".

No he didn't .. he still played like crap and was lucky to score. He should MAYBE get a rating increase to 6.4, as it was the game winner, but not such a huge boost, and he certainly didn't had a good game.

Also ... better (any) documentation of features in the game, like tutoring, would be nice. You should not have features that are not even mentioned with one word in your manual.

A small, but (for me) annoying issue.

Rating gain from goals.

I think scoring a goal affects the rating of the player too much. He can play like a sack of nuts for 90+ min. but if he scores a single goal, he suddenly "had a good match". It appeared again this evening for me in a reserve match. My striker was playing like crap, and at 90+3 had a rating of 5.9 and the motivation "having a poor game". He then scores just before the final whistle on a fine cross from my winger. Final whistle happens moments later. His rating is now 7.4 and "Had a good game".

No he didn't .. he still played like crap and was lucky to score. He should MAYBE get a rating increase to 6.4, as it was the game winner, but not such a huge boost, and he certainly didn't had a good game.

Also ... better (any) documentation of features in the game, like tutoring, would be nice. You should not have features that are not even mentioned with one word in your manual.

my keeper just headed the ball halfway in his half right to an opposition player who then scores from 55 yards, and flaps at another 45 yarder.

and gets a 7.3 >.>

On the subject of match ratings, it somewhat bugs me when a keeper makes a dozen saves in a match but gets a poor rating because he conceded 3 or 4. Can't fault a keeper if his defence aren't protecting him and the whole team's being overwhelmed. I'd consider making that many saves against a much better side has to be a pretty good performance. Is reputation difference taken into account at all in match ratings? From what I've seen, doesn't matter if Bangor City lose 2-0 to Neath Rangers or Manchester United, they'd still get a similarly poor rating.

yea but it was 2 keeper mistakes, that he was responsable for, first 1 he had time to kick the ball downfield and second 1 was saveable.

we not talking a junk goale, we talking Adler.

keepers mistakes led to goals so should be rated down.

I'm not disagreeing, I was talking about something different but related :)

I looked through the ideas collated in the OP and I didn't see this idea, but personally I'd like to see Multiplayer expanded slightly with the option to play single matches. To clarify what I mean is, having the ability to save your teams from Single Player and then load them for one-shot online games against Friends and other Challengers, with the option to set games with the various rules like FIFA, with Friendlies or Extra Time with Silver Goal or Golden Goal, or Penalties an option.

I looked through the ideas collated in the OP and I didn't see this idea, but personally I'd like to see Multiplayer expanded slightly with the option to play single matches. To clarify what I mean is, having the ability to save your teams from Single Player and then load them for one-shot online games against Friends and other Challengers, with the option to set games with the various rules like FIFA, with Friendlies or Extra Time with Silver Goal or Golden Goal, or Penalties an option.

This was mentioned later on in the thread, some point after I stopped editing the OP to include all the new suggestions being made, so my fault you didn't see it xD

But yes, seems to be a fairly popular idea this. Similar to Pro Evolution Soccer's feature that lets you export Master League teams for online play.

I don't think it has been mentioned before, so here is my idea: REGIONAL REPUTATION

Now, let me explain. On my current Journeyman save my career has gone like this: 4 years in Slovenian 2nd division -> 1 year in Slovenian 1st division -> 1 year in Dutch 2nd division -> 1 year in Portugese 2nd division. Now I don't see any logic in this. Why would a second division Dutch club sign a manager from Slovenia? Or why would 2nd division Porugese club sign a Slovenian manager with some experiance in Holland?

What I am proposing is some sort of regional reputation system that would work like this for example: as a manager from Slovenia I would have some reputation in neighbouring countryes (Austia, Italy, Croatia...), and some reputation in a more wide region (for example ex-yugoslavia: Bosnia, Serbia..). I should have absolutely no reputation in countries like Holland or Portugal.

I don't think it has been mentioned before, so here is my idea: REGIONAL REPUTATION

Now, let me explain. On my current Journeyman save my career has gone like this: 4 years in Slovenian 2nd division -> 1 year in Slovenian 1st division -> 1 year in Dutch 2nd division -> 1 year in Portugese 2nd division. Now I don't see any logic in this. Why would a second division Dutch club sign a manager from Slovenia? Or why would 2nd division Porugese club sign a Slovenian manager with some experiance in Holland?

What I am proposing is some sort of regional reputation system that would work like this for example: as a manager from Slovenia I would have some reputation in neighbouring countryes (Austia, Italy, Croatia...), and some reputation in a more wide region (for example ex-yugoslavia: Bosnia, Serbia..). I should have absolutely no reputation in countries like Holland or Portugal.

That sounds pretty logic to me yeah

The Youth System - I love the new way it's being handled, and I'd very much like to see it expanded upon so that instead of just getting a dozen or so 16-17yo trialists each season there's a full set of U17, U15, U13, etc. teams so that you can watch the youngsters progress through the ranks until they get to a stage where you'd consider offering them a professional contract. I'd also like to see the backroom staff expanded for youth teams so that there's youth development managers and the like, as in real clubs, rather than just "Youth Coach", which is very much just a junior coaching position in FM. When you look at the phenomenal youth systems of clubs like Ajax in real life, they're severely under-represented in the game. I'd also like the player to be able to speak to the board about looking at specific countries for youth players, or even to have youth academies, independently of affiliated clubs, so that you're not just having to rely on affiliates to get youth players from other nations coming through the ranks. You could maybe have scouts divided between Senior and Youth, with Youth Scouts touring schools and youth teams in regions and recommending players for the various levels of the club's youth system.

[

100% good point

Wish they'd mention something about the new game. It used to be july. Now its like 3 weeks before release. Complete opposite of how marketting should be for your game.

I dunno, seems to work okay for them ;)

But yes, I share your frustration and would indeed like to have the feature previews start earlier. Maybe it's just because as the game gets bigger and more complex it's taking longer for features and the like of a new version to be set in stone?

I really like this idea and I agree 100%. If you've been managing in a big league, like Serie A or the English Premier League then it'd make sense that your reputation would spread further, but you're quite right in saying that a manager in Slovenia is going to be pretty much unheard of anywhere outside of the neighbouring countries. Maybe some sort of multiplier or weighting system for competitions - so if you're managing in Holland then Belgium, Germany, and Denmark will probably know about you, but if you win the Eredivisie then you'll have some reputation a bit further afield, and doing well in the Europa or Champions League would help with your reputation across the continent. Though it stands to reason that if you're applying for a job then it doesn't matter if they've never heard of you, the board would realistically be able to research who you are, e.g. "Never heard of the guy but he's won two titles in three years in Slovenia".

Though it stands to reason that if you're applying for a job then it doesn't matter if they've never heard of you, the board would realistically be able to research who you are, e.g. "Never heard of the guy but he's won two titles in three years in Slovenia".

To be honset, I did apply to all those positions, but it still doesn't make much sense. Although they could do some research, what good would that do? They see I managed to stay in Slovenian first league, but they have no knowledge of the clubs or the competition. For example, how could they know if my club was rich or poor, a favourite for the title or relegation bound, what kind of players was I managing etc.

To be honset, I did apply to all those positions, but it still doesn't make much sense. Although they could do some research, what good would that do? They see I managed to stay in Slovenian first league, but they have no knowledge of the clubs or the competition. For example, how could they know if my club was rich or poor, a favourite for the title or relegation bound, what kind of players was I managing etc.

Same way that anyone else could - Google and Wikipedia :)

They might not get a great idea, but they'd be able to work out if you were at a rich club or a poor club, whether you achieved wonders with a rubbish squad or did an okay job with a good squad; course, they might dismiss your application out of hand, but if they did want to find out more info, they could. Every professional/semi-professional football club is a registered company, and therefore details of their financial health, etc. will be recorded somewhere that's publicly accessible. They'd also be able to check out the club's website and other sources to look at their history and see how your time in charge compares to previous managers.

Obviously, the smaller the league and the smaller the club the harder it would be for them to dig up information, but all this information is stored somewhere, it's just a matter of whether or not it's easy to find. Even my local side, Hitchin Town FC, have a website with their current squad and complete league history, and they're in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division ;D

Also, believe it or not, there are some smaller clubs out there that use Football Manager as a cheaper alternative to a scouting network! :)

Also, believe it or not, there are some smaller clubs out there that use Football Manager as a cheaper alternative to a scouting network! :)

Not just smaller, I think even Everton is using it ;)

Now back to the point: would a smaller club go through research like that for some coach from god-knows-where when there are probably many candidates in theire local region, who know the language, whom they might even heard about before, and they possibly even watched a match or two?

Now for some real life examples: the only slovenian coaches to go abroad were: a) former national team managers, b) went to austria or croatia, c) went to a club where they made theire name as a player. I really don't believe that "google signings" happen in real life.

Not just smaller, I think even Everton is using it ;)

Now back to the point: would a smaller club go through research like that for some coach from god-knows-where when there are probably many candidates in theire local region, who know the language, whom they might even heard about before, and they possibly even watched a match or two?

Now for some real life examples: the only slovenian coaches to go abroad were: a) former national team managers, b) went to austria or croatia, c) went to a club where they made theire name as a player. I really don't believe that "google signings" happen in real life.

In all likelihood? No, they would probably reject the application without even looking any further. As you quite rightly point out, there's not going to be a shortage of reasonable candidates locally, at that level. Only point I was trying to make was that they could find out the info, if they wanted to. Not trying to say it's likely, just that it's not impossible. But then, FM has always been about realism balanced with fun and just because a coach in Slovenia would really struggle to get a job in another nation unless he has a great Europa cup run doesn't mean the game shouldn't take that with a pinch of salt. I quite agree with your original post about reputations needing to be more geographic, but I wouldn't want to see them mirror reality too closely, or else there'd be little incentive to play in any of the smaller national leagues ;)

On that note, has anyone ever won the Europa Cup or Champions League with Maribor or Olimpija Ljubljana or the like? :D

In real life now, club like Malaga are in financial turmoil and has to release players all on the cheap to get them off the wage bill. So did Portsmouth and Rangers.

I've never seen this happening in FM. Even if the club goes into huge debt and is unstable financially, they still tend to ask 5x the amount of the player still. makes no sense. and hope to see this features being implemented in FM 13.

In real life now, club like Malaga are in financial turmoil and has to release players all on the cheap to get them off the wage bill. So did Portsmouth and Rangers.

I've never seen this happening in FM. Even if the club goes into huge debt and is unstable financially, they still tend to ask 5x the amount of the player still. makes no sense. and hope to see this features being implemented in FM 13.

I put more detail on this in the OP but essentially, yes, clubs need to have more of a fire-sale mentality when they're in severe financial crisis. I've found that even using an editor to lump a club with £1bn debt and cutting their wage budget to a tenth of their current wages doesn't result in anything especially drastic happening. They might release one or two high earners, transfer list their fringe players, and accept reasonable offers on first team players, but quite often this results in maybe 4 or 5 players leaving the club and that's it. Worse still, the players don't seem to be that bothered, whereas in real life they tend to flee like rats from a sinking ship. As you pointed out, when clubs are facing liquidation, it's not a few players that go, it's the entire senior squad.

I put more detail on this in the OP but essentially, yes, clubs need to have more of a fire-sale mentality when they're in severe financial crisis. I've found that even using an editor to lump a club with £1bn debt and cutting their wage budget to a tenth of their current wages doesn't result in anything especially drastic happening. They might release one or two high earners, transfer list their fringe players, and accept reasonable offers on first team players, but quite often this results in maybe 4 or 5 players leaving the club and that's it. Worse still, the players don't seem to be that bothered, whereas in real life they tend to flee like rats from a sinking ship. As you pointed out, when clubs are facing liquidation, it's not a few players that go, it's the entire senior squad.

precisely. i'm a bit of a bargain hunter type of manager and so i usually go to clubs and check their financial status and then scout the club, and see who i can sign.

but all the time, the clubs still manage to hold on to the players and none of the players are unsettled at all nor concern at the financial trouble in the team. and bidding for their players still need obscene amount to price them.

as of now, there is no indication when a club is in financial trouble. life's as good as ever.

and if the club is heavily in debt, they usually find a new owner so quickly and everything is rosy again. in real life, this doesn't happen at all. it's not that easy and usually takeover happens over a prolonged period and only after a couple of players are sold quickly.

[...]

and if the club is heavily in debt, they usually find a new owner so quickly and everything is rosy again. in real life, this doesn't happen at all. it's not that easy and usually takeover happens over a prolonged period and only after a couple of players are sold quickly.

I started a game with Rangers, in a transfer update that had them as being in administration, with £76m in debt but still in the SPL (was released shortly before the Newco went through). Figured it might be a fun challenge. Two weeks later we were successfully bought out by someone who cleared our debts and gave me a £10m transfer kitty. In that time I lost... er... no players! Kinda ruined that game for me, too, as there was no absolutely no challenge to it.

I suspect that, as with a lot of features, there will be players who really like that safety net, but it'd be good if it was an option that could be chosen at the game start - "Realistic" administration vs "Easier" administration.

Last FM i played was fm10. Played fifa 12, and the career mode was that ****** im craving to go back to FM. did play the demo of 12 to acknowledge myself a bit with new changes.

Things im looking forward too is new steam achievements (which were very basic in fm10). I had fun in taking cisco roma to the serie A, and went with chelmsford to the championship.

One thing that is different thought is that the FMRTE is now not free anymore. I used it often to make my scouts a bit better (cause im rubbish at judging qualities/potential), and sometimes do some other things. But looking forward to how i'll manage without them

So yeah really cant wait for this.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah probably i exagerated on saying FM12 has the worst ME. For sure it's not "THE best", and, in my opinion, won't be remembered "AMONG" the best either.

I must correct myself. Last season especially, i just couldn't count the amout of woodwork and disallowed goals. So yes, this is the worst match engine ever. I don't even want to mention defensive movements and easy finishing on empty net incredibly missed.

There's nothing bad on saying this is the worst. So i just hope they made something new and good this season. And not talking about user interface or free kicks tactical screen (something really stupid and useless. Still i can't put 2 players outside the penalty area. Why??) or 3D.

And after 3 years it is supposed they do.

Not sure whether its been mentioned but id like to start as a youth team manager or player manager for a season then move up to a manager for the start of season 2.

It has been mentioned and I think it's a very good idea. Not everyone's cup of tea but it could definitely be a lot of fun, and adds to the realism - rare (but not unheard of) for someone to just jump straight into management with no other backroom experience.

Related to an earlier post on the subject of the excessively strong rivalry values for Italian clubs, I offer up this article - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11854/8008581/Cassano-and-Pazzini-set-for-swap

In FM, it's pretty damn hard for Milan or Inter to sign players from any of the other top clubs in Italy, yet in real life it's pretty routine for Italian players to move to rival clubs. This needs reflecting in-game, somehow. Cos though the two Milans may be serious rivals, they've swapped more players in the last decade than, say, Arsenal and Tottenham, or Man City and Man Utd, have in the past century.

In FM, it's pretty damn hard for Milan or Inter to sign players from any of the other top clubs in Italy, yet in real life it's pretty routine for Italian players to move to rival clubs. This needs reflecting in-game, somehow. Cos though the two Milans may be serious rivals, they've swapped more players in the last decade than, say, Arsenal and Tottenham, or Man City and Man Utd, have in the past century.

Not to mention Barcelona can't sign Sevilla or Atleti players. Pretty daft that for example Agüero has no interest joining Barcelona. That's FM11 of course but I don't imagine it to have changed one bit for FM12. Don't expect it to change for FM13 either to be honest.

Not to mention Barcelona can't sign Sevilla or Atleti players. Pretty daft that for example Agüero has no interest joining Barcelona. That's FM11 of course but I don't imagine it to have changed one bit for FM12. Don't expect it to change for FM13 either to be honest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - they need to bring back players giving reasons for not discussing terms, and they need to make players more open to at least considering an offer. They may still reject it, but you should always have the option to at least throw an offer on the table. Every season we see players making moves they would never and could never happen in FM. Biggest example of this is probably Samuel Eto'o going to Anzhi for a reported £300k a week.

Archived