••• FM Commentary Pack •••

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mates,

Wish to ask questions on this commentary pack. I hope you guys don't really mind for my naiveness because i'm very interested to have it on my saved games.

1. is this commentary the written commentary on the match engine screen..?

2. if it is, will it over-write the current commentary..?

3. can i run it on my saved games..?

4. so far, is there any incidences of crashing the game..?

Thank you sooo much and once again, apologies for my naiveness.

Hi mates,

Wish to ask questions on this commentary pack. I hope you guys don't really mind for my naiveness because i'm very interested to have it on my saved games.

1. is this commentary the written commentary on the match engine screen..?

2. if it is, will it over-write the current commentary..?

3. can i run it on my saved games..?

4. so far, is there any incidences of crashing the game..?

Thank you sooo much and once again, apologies for my naiveness.

1. Yes, this commentary is seen during the match and will show up as the game is played.

2. This file must replace and overwrite in the default file (make a backup before replacing)

3. Yes it works with all game saves new or old, as its not database related

4. Not a thing has crashed since i started using this works perfectly.

5. Enjoy and have fun reading some much better and improve lines.

1. Yes, this commentary is seen during the match and will show up as the game is played.

2. This file must replace and overwrite in the default file (make a backup before replacing)

3. Yes it works with all game saves new or old, as its not database related

4. Not a thing has crashed since i started using this works perfectly.

5. Enjoy and have fun reading some much better and improve lines.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate. :thup:

To blimey:

Ah, now we're getting a bit deep here. I've been trying for years to discover not only what they mean but how they interact in the game. I've made a little progress and I keep experimenting with them from time to time but what I have so far regarding these 'event handlers' is a bit limited. Anyway, using the following 'event' as an example:

# EVENT_RESTART_GOAL_KICK

= 55, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0,

> 20, 900, 53

Now, the next set of numbers - > 20, 900, 53 - are easier to deal with.

Taken one at a time, these mean:

> 20 = The 'probability factor' of the line.

In other words its the likelihood of this line appearing on screen. If there were two lines in an event (one numbered 20 and the other 90), the one with the lowest 'probability factor' would display more frequently than the other each time the event is called by the game. Usual range is 10 - 90.

Finally, the 53 part is the 'Sound ID' which, if I'm not mistaken, governs which background sound (crowd noise etc) to play when this event happens.

This looks great but I was thinking on the sound bit.

Sound ID ?? Looking in the match_sound.cfg file the sound ID seam to be not a number but straight XML stuff like the first line in that file

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS, "0304_cmonref", 0, 1, 2, 0

This Sound_Light_groans appears in the event.cfg file in one case like this

# EVENT_LOSE_CONTROL_OF_BALL

= 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS

> 30, 900, 26

Should this final number 26 be the ID ? According to the text in match_sound.cfg file the ID is the first in other words the actual SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS.

Could you please put me on the correct track how these two files (events.cfg and match_sounds.cfg) affect each other.

My main issue is that I´m not happy with the standrard sound in game, but have DL FM2011 Soundpack (which is great) to enhance the game 200%. Adding old Team chants from older versions should IMHO only be to put in lines in the match_sound file like the very many that the soundpack already include.

However adding you fine commentary file to extend this game further is on my next priority. BUT I need to know how these file interact and the"number" ID just doesn´t add up.

In my book I was looking on the easy way of just adding lines in the match_sound file for team chants, that seam to pop up in game now and then.

I understand that something of course trigger them

The mystery is that the SOUND_TEAM_CHANT Id line from the match_sound file is never issued in the event-cfg file that came with the soundpack, but just the same the correct team chants is clearly heard now and then in games with that team. So HOW ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
anyway to get this to work for mac users? we're always missing out on the good stuff!

I have never owned or used a Mac so forgive me if this comes across as dumb sounding but it says on the FM box that it's for PC/Mac and as the commentary text is just a XML file, I assume that it would work okay.

Sorry for not being very helpful about this, perhaps someone else can step in and offer something more constructive.

If a person installed through steam (on a Windows PC) and he/she is using the latest patch where would he/she have to put the file? (Hopefully i can just apply the same method for Mac)

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/data/updates/update-1220 (or whichever patch folder you have)/events

I finally got it to work last night! Sorry I forgot to reply; I was so in to the game. i was in to the game that much i was smiling the whole way through the first match half expecting to actually hear the commentator talking! Excellent work Seafire & Co!:applause:

Hi Seafire, I've extracted the file to the folder you mention, but it's the same old commentary. I started a new game using the 12.2 database, is there anything else I have to do?

Then you must have put it into the wrong folder somewhere. The folder you need is the 'update-1220' one. There's no need to start a new game by the way but you can if you want to of course.

fmcomm.png

This is the folder I put the file in, is it the right or wrong one?

It's the right one if your latest patch is 1220 yes. Not sure about the .cfg extension bit though as in my folder it's simply 'events' without any extension.

Well when I download and unzip the RAR file, that's what comes up. Should the .cfg extension not be there? Are there any particular settings in the game that I should/shouldn't have, apart from only using English?

I've never downloaded my own file so I wasn't aware that it unpacks with the .cfg extension. You might try just renaming it and deleting the extension although I'm not certain this will make a difference as no one else has reported difficulties in this manner.

To be honest, I'm pretty well stumped by this but what you might try is putting a copy of the events file into all your update folders and see if that brings it up.

Unknown Hacker

Yes you're right. I downloaded the file just to satisfy my curiosity.

handy500

Thanks for that mate. I've found and corrected the error for the next version - which at the moment has 89 new lines added.

Does anybody know whether it is possible to amend the wording or to add new items to the News items that arrive in your inbox in the same way that Seafire has brilliantly updated the commentary.

It would be great to have new news items and headlines for some elements of the game:

- Completion of transfers

- Managers declaring interest in moving to other clubs

- Giant killing cup wins

- etc etc

Archived