San Marino - The Ultimate Challenge!

Makoto Nakamura

Well then perhaps it could be based on the nation, not the competition? Or it could even take population into consideration as well.

On a separate note, I think we need to concentrate back on the story here - there's plenty of forums for discussions about this.

Or it could just stay the way it is which works in a very simple way everyone can grasp and is in no way strange. Why would it take any of that into consideration? If youth facilities are state of the art. They're going to be state of the art compared to every other youth facilty in the world.

Regardless. I will agree with people stating that youth coaching might work a bit too well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But at the end of the day, FM is only a game. I don't think managing in San Marino would be fun if all the players had 1s in every attribute. Makoto isn't getting World Class players in every bloody intake, just players enough to slowly improve in Europe.

FM deviates from reality and isn't realistic the second you press 'continue'. Just have fun and enjoy the progress made in this thread mate.

agreed.

Now back to the good part!

Wow, a lot has happened in here since I started MW3, anyway for those interested I've made the 2nd post into a spoiler after reading a discussion thread and people enjoy not knowing everything that's happened as it sort of ruins it, so that has been added so you don't see anything unless you want too.

Also should get an End of Season Update done soon, as always thanks everyone for the massive amount of interest :thup:

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2024/25

League Table

League Positions Graph

Some of the other Sammarinese teams look to be improving as Murata almost managed to keep up with us but we still ended up winning by 5 points. We also got £668,000 for winning the league.

Coppa Titano - It was a lot harder than last year as we needed penalties to win the Semi-Final and the Final against Juvenes-Dogana.

European Champions Cup & EURO Cup - Managed to scrape past Debrecen & Sheriff before our luck ran out against Dinamo, we lost all of our EURO Cup quite badly but it was more of a learn from the experience and rake in the money than us actually trying to contend,

Squad - Got rid of another 9 players, all of which came up from the Youth Team last year.

Finances - £5,075,840 in the black but £3,500,000 is being spent on improving our "Adequate" Training Facilities.

Youth Players:

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - Only made 27 appearances this year in his 14th year at the club, and well, he can't really keep up the standards of the rest of the club, he is severely loyal and I'm going to keep him until he retires, even if he doesn't play, I WANT him to see a Champions League Group Stage game if I can.

Remo Aielli (YP12) - 47 appearances, 27 goals and 11 assists, he's scored 100 league goals in 149 league appearances!

Angelo Perra (YP13) - Another 46 appearances, 17 goals, 17 assists, In 129 appearances he has 64 goals, 63 assists and an average rating of 7.50

Fabio Bernardini (YP14) - 47 appearances, he's valued at £110,000 also managed to get 12 goals this year.

Antonio Stanzione (YP15) - 40 appearances, even though 18 of them were as a sub, didn't make too much of an impact this season.

Antonello Carraro (YP16) - Not many appearances, going to try and test a new tactic that can fit in some Center Midfielders/ Attacking Center Midfielders.

Antonio Costanzo (YP17) - 23 appearances 3 goals and 8 assists, chosen Italy as his first nationality, will have too see if he gets a Sammarinese cap.

Michele Centofanti (YP18 - Mainly used as a sub thanks to his very low Natural Fitness but didn't do anything special.

Boris Oddo (YP19) - I like him just from his name, I mean "Boris Oddo" makes me think of odd Boris Johnson but that's just me. Looks very good from his stats as a 15 year old as well!

Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
2015/16                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -                    -                       180              £190,000
2016/17                2nd Grp B                        Winners                      -              1st Qual. Round               256              £400,000
2017/18                2nd Grp B                     Quarter Finals                  -              2nd Qual. Round               263              £575,000
2018/19                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               293              £350,000
2019/20                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               326              £575,000
2020/21                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               333              £350,000
2021/22                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group C        Champions Playoff             651              £1,500,000
2022/23                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               600              £1,600,000
2023/24                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               566              £2,100,000
2024/25                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               606              £1,100,000
2025/26                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group B        Champions Playoff             885              £1,600,000

Boris Oddo looks like another great player, does he happen to have a second nationality as that name sounds weird for a sanmarinese?

Making progress in Europe, it may seem a slow progress so far and having difficult draws, but by going through those earlier stages you're already winning coefficient points for your team so maybe a few years from now you'll be seeded and avoid those difficult opponents.

Boris Oddo looks like another great player, does he happen to have a second nationality as that name sounds weird for a sanmarinese?

Making progress in Europe, it may seem a slow progress so far and having difficult draws, but by going through those earlier stages you're already winning coefficient points for your team so maybe a few years from now you'll be seeded and avoid those difficult opponents.

Oddo is pure Sammarinese so I guess it's just Odd-o. : pardon the pun:

We ended up losing 7 - 1 to Spartak Moscow and for the first time since I've started we've made a profit selling off players, we've made £175,000 so far and might get another 1 or 2 out.

Also looking at the World Rankings since San Marino are now 190th, it seems odd that Madagascar are currently in 14th and only have one player who is awful and Finland are currently in 197th and have been as low as 202nd.

Oddo is pure Sammarinese so I guess it's just Odd-o. : pardon the pun:

We ended up losing 7 - 1 to Spartak Moscow and for the first time since I've started we've made a profit selling off players, we've made £175,000 so far and might get another 1 or 2 out.

Also looking at the World Rankings since San Marino are now 190th, it seems odd that Madagascar are currently in 14th and only have one player who is awful and Finland are currently in 197th and have been as low as 202nd.

That's because Finland is in Europe and their results are probably not that good. Madagascar in 14th is really weird... what are their results?

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2026/27

League Table

League Positions Graph

The position graph shows everything, we thrashed pretty much everyone as seen with our League Fixtures

Coppa Titano - Easy Group stages followed by 3 2-0 wins in the Quarter Finals, Semis and Final.

European Champions Cup & EURO Cup - Beat Zalgiris 6-3 before losing to FC Kobenhavn 4-1 and being thrashed 7-1 by Spartak Moscow.

Squad - Got rid of a few for a total of £155,000. Could do with a decent backup keeper though.

Finances - Lost £3,500,000 for upgrading the Training Facilities but still £2,500,000 in the black now.

Youth Players:

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - He's now 30 years old, but he's back to his best making 40 appearances this year and still had an average rating of 7.01

Remo Aielli (YP12) - Another great season, 39 appearances and 28 goals, average rating of 7.49 if only he was this good internationally.

Angelo Perra (YP13) - Now the assist man, 18 goals and 23 assists and 7 international goals, he's just getting faster.

Fabio Bernardini (YP14) - The rock and heart of our defence at age 21, worth £210,000 and an average rating of 7.56.

Antonio Stanzione (YP15) - Too me he doesn't look to good but he manages to outplay his stats with 26 goals and 12 assists!

Antonello Carraro (YP16) - Got first team action and managed too get a few decent assists in.

Antonio Costanzo (YP17) - Worryingly still playing in Italy U19's but hopefully once he's too old for them he'll get capped by San Marino.

Michele Centofanti (YP18) - Still used as a sub but his speed got him a couple of good goals.

Boris Oddo (YP19) - Only made 1 appearance this year and that was as a sub.

Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
2015/16                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -                    -                       180              £190,000
2016/17                2nd Grp B                        Winners                      -              1st Qual. Round               256              £400,000
2017/18                2nd Grp B                     Quarter Finals                  -              2nd Qual. Round               263              £575,000
2018/19                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               293              £350,000
2019/20                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               326              £575,000
2020/21                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               333              £350,000
2021/22                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group C        Champions Playoff             651              £1,500,000
2022/23                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               600              £1,600,000
2023/24                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               566              £2,100,000
2024/25                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               606              £1,100,000
2025/26                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group B        Champions Playoff             885              £1,600,000
2026/27                1st Grp B                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd. Qual Round               861              £2,400,000

That's because Finland is in Europe and their results are probably not that good. Madagascar in 14th is really weird... what are their results?
Would be interested to see what has propelled Madagascar up the rankings :o

Great shame about the Spartak result. That elusive scalp of a big(ish) European side surely can't be too far away. KUTGW :D

Hopefully next season we can go one better and beat a decent team, also the next post I'll do Madagascar's Fixtures/ History

Amazing thread!

What formation do you play ?

Keep up the good work! ;)

Thanks LopeZ, I play a 4-2-3-1:

4c07c.png

fantastic news! That should really help with the coaching too, right?

By the way - how many coaches have the board allowed, and how good is the coaching aspect at the minute?

We're allowed 4 coaches, 1 Fitness, Goalkeeping, First Team & Youth Coach along with 5 scouts, but I haven't signed any, waiting for players to retire to become staff.

Archived