[FM2012] FMUpdates FM12 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

FMUpdates.png

For those of you who wish to create competitions and rules that are complex and not available in Nation Rules, Club Continental Rules and International Rules.

Please check below for an important message regarding the Advanced Rules as it affects the way you use the Editor.

DOWNLOAD v1.99 (22/10/2011 For 12.0.0)

Changes:

Version 1.99: Initial activation and release for FM2012

Installation: Save the format.xml file to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012 editor\data\format and overwrite the existing format.xml file.

Once you have done this, restart the editor and there should be a new option in the Editor and it should look as follows:

adva.png

You should have access to the section called List.

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR EDITS!

Sports Interactive have made it harder for us to activate the Advanced Rules this year without any issues. This means that you will have to do a little extra work before you start editing your work.

When loading a file into the editor with Advanced Rules editing in mine you must change the beginning of the file.

Change the beginning of the xml file from this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<record>
   <list id="files">

To this:

<record>
   <list id="adva">

This will ensure that you can load the file into the editor and that the Advanced Rules appear for any file you have already worked on.

When you are starting a new edit with this activation your file will already start with adva.

When you need to test your file in the game or release a file, you must change the code back to files:

<record>
   <list id="files">

I recommend downloading Notepad++ and opening the xml files using Notepad++ to change the code. Also it will probably be helpful to save two versions of the current version of any file, one for editing and one for testing/release. Edit the version for editing and save it under a different file name when you are ready to test/release it in the game.

E.G. The file you are working on is saved as Test v1.xml. When you are ready to test the file in the game after editing it may be best to save it under a different name such as Test v1a.xml. Then open Test v1a using Notepad++ and change the 4th line of code from adva to files.

More Information

Some people have PM'd myself and opened several threads asking questions about Advanced Rules. SI do not provide support the Advanced Rules as they haven't activated it for us. Please post all your questions regarding Advanced Rules in this topic as it will help declutter the forums and also provide invaluable information to those studying how to use the Advanced Rules.

Some in game competitions are editable. You can find these either by extracting the contents of the comps.fmf file (Found in C:/Program Files (x86)Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/data) with the Resource Archiver or you can download the files below. You need WinRAR to unrar the files.

DOWNLOAD comps.fmf files from 12.0.0

DOWNLOAD comps.fmf files from 12.0.2

Other FMUpdates Downloads

At FMUpdates we release content regularly that utilises the Advanced Rules section of the editor. Below you can find a list of our major releases and any updates for our releases.

[FM2012] FMUpdates English Fixtures Levels 1-6

FMUpdates England Levels 7 & 8 - Southern, Isthmian and Northern Leagues

Releases Coming Soon

TBA

If you would like to see your release listed here post in the thread and I will see what I can do!

The Editor Guides

Below you can find links of my posts for parts of The Editor Guides, a series of guides that will help you understand and use the Advanced Rules.

PART 1 - Activating the Advanced Rules

PART 2 - Activating the Debug Menu and Editing In Game Rules

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is great work again without this I wouldnt play the game thank you so much:D

do you think it would be possible for some of you guys who are very good at using this to put yourself up for requests....not to be abused with loads of silly things but to create files for those who have tried and failed(been there myself):o

they could be posted here for download ......or even as templates so other users could adapt them to suite their needs.....ie I have sent several people a pre season tournament I use and they have used this as a base for their project

once again thanks for your time and effort guys:thup:

Hi magic,

thanks for your efforts with the advanced panel activation again! :) I'm trying to update my Malian league structure for FM12, but I somehow struggle to correctly load the file into the editor. The rules are not displayed, depite having replaced "files" by "adva" in the xml header. Any thoughts on this? You can download my xml here:

http://www.hiddeninthefog.com/stuff/mali_fm12.rar

Cheers

P.S.: Your inbox is full.

Hi magic,

thanks for your efforts with the advanced panel activation again! :) I'm trying to update my Malian league structure for FM12, but I somehow struggle to correctly load the file into the editor. The rules are not displayed, depite having replaced "files" by "adva" in the xml header. Any thoughts on this? You can download my xml here:

http://www.hiddeninthefog.com/stuff/mali_fm12.rar

Cheers

P.S.: Your inbox is full.

There are no Advanced Rules in your file, only DB changes...find a previous version and make sure that you change files to adva before you load the file into the editor.

P.S.: My inbox is no longer full :)

Ah, yes. Thank you for the hint - strange though, somehow the advanced rules got erased in the process of loading and re-saving the file with the new editor. Got it working now and simulated into the next season without problems. :-)

First of all, this seems quite amazing. I just did a test run to see if it works first. It doesn't and I'd love some help as to what I'm doing wrong. The steps:

extracted <FM install directory>\data\comps.fmf with the resource archiver

opened ..\comps\dan\dan_prem.xml with Notepad++ and changed "files" to "adva"

opened the FM editor, loaded the database, loaded ..\comps\dan\dan_prem.xml

edited stage 0 and changed the League Sorting Rules:

Goal Difference (existing)

Goals For (existing)

Games Won (added)

Matches Between Teams (added)

File -> Save As -> dan_prem_new.xml

opened ..\editor_data\dan_prem_new.xml with Notepad++ and changed "adva" back to "files"

started a new game with FM and made sure dan_prem_new.xml is the only file selected.

The result: Can't see the changes in the game. Only the existing rules. They are in the new xml though:

<list id="sort_teams">
 <string value="goal_difference"/>
 <string value="goals_for"/>
 <string value="games_won"/>
 <string value="own_match"/>
</list>

The file is available here if you wish to see it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46519510/dan_prem_new.xml

Any tips? Anything I've missed?

On my international rules file I have found the list id=files bit but its in line 1800, do i still need to change this or the inrl bit at the top of the file?

Edit - Tried both can't get my file to come up, any ideas anyone, would like to add third place playoff to all of my comps.

How do you stop internationals from taking place. I couldn't work this out last year, but some people have said its easy.

I've extracted the files for the euroes and euro qualifyers, tried to set the start of it to 2099 or turn it to inactive but it hasn't helped. I've also changed the version number to 2.0

How do you stop internationals from taking place. I couldn't work this out last year, but some people have said its easy.

I've extracted the files for the euroes and euro qualifyers, tried to set the start of it to 2099 or turn it to inactive but it hasn't helped. I've also changed the version number to 2.0

Realised what I did wrong.

Had a look, seems no different to previously? How can I make the apertura/clausura split?

Download the comps files and have a look at Argentina with the editor.

Probably a silly question for those of you who've used the Advanced Editor before, but I haven't. What does it allow you to do differently to the normal editor?

Lots! Too many to mention!

I managed to turn off half the International Competitions but not the other half just by changing "Inactive_comp" to true. I'll give another go later, but its possible some of them are hardcoded, does that mean that nothing I do will affect them :(

I managed to turn off half the International Competitions but not the other half just by changing "Inactive_comp" to true. I'll give another go later, but its possible some of them are hardcoded, does that mean that nothing I do will affect them :(

I think you're going about it the wrong way. What you should try is use the International advanced rule option and change the version number to 2. Then create your competitions.

Guys,

What kind of stuff can you do with International comps with the advanced editor? Is it possible for instance to restrict national team selections to only domestic based players for certain competitions? Can you also add a 3rd/4th playoff?

Are you sure that the file you are trying to load actually has advanced rules? Do you have List option when opening the editor, before loading any files..

I'm fiddling with Finnish first division rules, trying to enable activation of the second division so that it wouldn't crash dump after ½ season. Comp.fmf has files for finnish first division 2011 and 2012, the difference being this line:

<integer id="number_extra_lower_teams_to_be_promoted" value="-3"/>

It would obviously help if I knew how the league is changing IRL, but I'd assume that this makes promotion from second division impossible (it has 3 groups, so -3 from that?) for the 2011 year, while still relegating the normal 2 teams as usual and bringing the team amount down to 11 from 13. But looking at the 2012 file, it says number_teams = 10.. so it'll actually drop 3 teams from first division to second, overwriting the normal relegation value. In any case, I need to a) make my second division team amount raise in 2012 or b) relegate more teams in 2011 than normally to keep it from crash dumping. And I don't have a faintest clue about how to do either of those.

Edit:

Ok, bit of googling informed me that 2012 the first division actually is played with 10 teams. So that line does effectively drop 3 teams from the division (and overwrites the normal relegation rules? which are still in place in the file)

Edit 2:

So basically advanced rules just go before any database rules. Like in finnish first division 2012, database (via add lower level divisions) says that the league has 13 teams but the advanced rule makes it 10. So what I've done now to the finnish first division 2012 file, is to:

1. Enable finnish second division using 2011 settings without advanced rules (14 teams)

2. Added advanced rule for finnish second division, saying that number of teams is actually 15 (so it can cope with settings of the original file that relegate 3 extra teams, 1 for each division in the second league)

fingers crossed that it works... oh, and forgot to change "adva" back to "files", but still the game loaded it fine. Doesn't change the fact that it crashes at 24th July :/

Hm, actually I seem to be way off. I deleted those first division 2011 and 2012 files from my comps.fmf to see if it works then.. but it doesn't. So the crash dump is not related to those files at all, which is weird.. (since I'm doing trial runs with only finland loaded and it crashes anyway..) Well, gotta fiddle with it a bit more..

Now it dies 24th of July even without anything edited loaded :D maybe deleting those files from comps.fmf wasn't the brightest idea..

E: Took comps.fmf from backup and restored it. Started a trial run with one league loaded without any editor files, and it still dies :D Now it went from weird to um.. challenging...

E2: Tried to validate FM from steam and now it doesnt start :D Bleh, re-downloading is a bitch

E3: Re-install helped with the crashes. Now gotta start whole thing over again, because none of the crashes were actually edit related :p

My adanced panel seems to be activated, but I can't make the changes occur in the game? Any help. How do I activate advaned rules?

As stated above, remember to change version number of your file (+1) to make the game recognize the changes.

As stated above, remember to change version number of your file (+1) to make the game recognize the changes.
. Thanks I have made the changes to the version. So know how do I make the actual competition become active and make it take place in the game because the competition is not showing up in the game?

So we have to add 1 to the version number everytime we want to test our changes in the game?

In the 2011 editor (I haven't tried the 2012 yet but I assume it's the same) you have to simply have a version number that's higher than the in-game one. I generally put version 2 for ALL my competitions and they seemed to work fine. Essentially it looks for the highest version number to use, so if you have a new Premiership at version 2 it will work, at version 1 it won't. You don't have to add a new number each time (i.e. 1->2->3->4 for each test isn't necessary, just keep it at 2 for example)

OK, by the way I appreciate you guys taking time to answer what I'm sure are completely stupid questions.

I have another issue. I have managed to get MLS and NASL playable with the proper squad rules. However, the issue I have now is that registration day comes and goes and im not asked to register players. On the "View Team" screen I can click on Team Registration and all of the MLS rules are there, but I can't submit my squad and it doesn't seem to require that I do it.

In the editor, I'm assuming this is the Nation --> Fixture Rules --> Rules 0 (The set for MLS). This is what I have set for the Squad Registration:

squad_reg.png

I'm guessing I need to make that more specific? Am I close at all, or way off?

Hello,

I have some problems in the data editor for now and I cant find solutions, so here are my questions;

1 / How do I create a new nation (possibly European)? Currently with the editor I can just edit existing one nation but can not create one.

I tried to change the Yugoslavia but I got a crash dump, I did the same changes on another country (Kiribati - Oceania) and that's ok but that's not the good continent :/

2 / National Team

a* My players are selected from Kiribati in the youth teams but my main team has no players, for when I manage I can select them but if I let the game do, even when "big match" person is selected. Is it becaufe the level of my players is too bad compared to the assumed level of my nation? (Shaded players have much better stats than my regens).

b* How can i change population of my nation, i create a city of 5.000.000-10.000.000 pers. and my nation is 98.000 persons. i dont konw why.

c* Very important : how can i change creation date of newgens ? actually that's 5 march and that's really bad, my championship is june 2XXX - may 2XXX

4 / The hardest part I think .. dual nationality.

When I create the cities of Kiribati with regions in other countries (eg Limousin / france) my Newgen isy french and Kiribatian but they're only selectable for Kiribati.

How to make them selectable for both countries, it's possible?

5 / The Holy Grail - New full names and their allocation by nation

How to add new "surnames" and "names" in the current database in order to be considered for the creation of Newgen.

Created players with new names but generates very little compared to the number of Newgen created in the DB.

Basically is there a different file, which contains full names per nation and this file is it editable (to edite)?

Can I create for my new nation new names and surnames, which are taken into account when creating a Newgen.

Really sorry for my poor english i've used google trad. and a little my head ;)

Big thx in advance !

In advance thank you very much!

How do you change the age of generated youth players? I've noticed in the 2011 lower league patch the age was 13 or 14 rather than 15 or 16 for English teams.

Also, is there any way to chane the length of contracts that can be offered?

Any chance someone can help me out on this one. I need for my league to have a squad registration date, but I have been unable to get it to work. Am I right in assuming this has to be set in the Fixture Rules? The screenshot in post 40 shows what I have it set. I've tried different settings but none of it worked, which makes me think it's something else. I had thought I had sorted but it turned out the version number was too low so the game was working off the default version.

I can upload the file if someone would be willing to have a look. This really has me stumped and I want to learn how to do this.

How do you change the age of generated youth players? I've noticed in the 2011 lower league patch the age was 13 or 14 rather than 15 or 16 for English teams.

Also, is there any way to chane the length of contracts that can be offered?

In the transfer rules for the nation in the advanced panel, you can set the minimum youth contract age. I believe that links to the age of regens (at least it seems to be in the test files I created in FM11).

Any chance someone can help me out on this one. I need for my league to have a squad registration date, but I have been unable to get it to work. Am I right in assuming this has to be set in the Fixture Rules? The screenshot in post 40 shows what I have it set. I've tried different settings but none of it worked, which makes me think it's something else. I had thought I had sorted but it turned out the version number was too low so the game was working off the default version.

I can upload the file if someone would be willing to have a look. This really has me stumped and I want to learn how to do this.

I assume you've tried playing around with some of the other options beyond the ones that are in your earlier screen shot? You've tried setting the date manually?

i have been struggeling to create a tournament with the advanced panel for sometime know. When i create a competition via the advance rules the competition created never takes affect in the game. Is this because after creating these competitions/rules i need to do or add something afterwards to make the competition actually appear in the game?

Archived