dafuge's FM12 challenge

2-0 not bad considering they were all over us. Highlight for us was some world class freekicks from McKee which somehow did not go in. Still unsure how to play him.

Finances

Now at £759,608 so gained £675,783

Joe Mckee? Cracking player, I used to play him at CM in the Advanced Play Maker roll - mentality: attack. :thup:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sitting at only about 1/2 my wage budget....giving me time to slowly add to the team throughout the season as I find the right players. Hopefully this will keep me at/close to a positive balance at end of year...
Im also comfortably within budget, waiting for a decent Striker and Goalkeeper to rear their ugly heads!.

i'd be interested to know what your budgets are, as i'm right at the edge of mine, spending £3414, with a budget of £3341

in other news my season has collapsed. 3 points in 7 games since xmas leaves us 6 points off relegation :(

i'd be interested to know what your budgets are, as i'm right at the edge of mine, spending £3414, with a budget of £3341

in other news my season has collapsed. 3 points in 7 games since xmas leaves us 6 points off relegation :(

Sorry to hear about your form. Hopefully it will be better soon.

About the budgets, I also want to know what people have. My first season my budget was £3100 p/w and it didn't go up for the second. Now, as I am in BSP, I have £4300 and I'm struggling as most of the players who would be better than the ones I have demand £600 p/w and more. I usually can get them down to about £400 p/w, but that it still to much. And we are losing money every month(except when the cup runs give me much needed cash).

Sorry to hear about your form. Hopefully it will be better soon.

About the budgets, I also want to know what people have. My first season my budget was £3100 p/w and it didn't go up for the second. Now, as I am in BSP, I have £4300 and I'm struggling as most of the players who would be better than the ones I have demand £600 p/w and more. I usually can get them down to about £400 p/w, but that it still to much. And we are losing money every month(except when the cup runs give me much needed cash).

Mate im about the same. was sitting about about 3500 when i was in the BSS and my first BSP year now they have bumped it up to 4400

Currently with Hastings Utd in the first season, I'm sitting on £ 1677 of £3213 budget. Figure to up that incrementally over the rest of the eason (nearing the end of October now), bringing in one or two at a time as I try to find/fit them into my tactics. Hoping to keep under £2500 by the time I'm finished...will see if I can do that and at least maintain the status quo....

Logo.png

Margate | Blue Square South | 2013/14 | 13th

League table

Not going to post pics of transfers etc due to it being mostly the same team last year and my new players stinking up the BSS. Very dissapointed with this seasons efforts, especially after being so close last season. We struggled with injuries, egos, lack of depth, lack of money, and a lack of desire.

Hopefully next season will be better....

How do i put a link into just one word ??? (was doing my end of season update and realised i didnt know how to do it :D

write your words (finances) then select the "link" button, the one with the globe and chain. copy your link in, jobbies a good 'un.

I like the colours you use for the attributes. Did you find those og simply tweak them yourself?

They were alreay in the skin. I can give you the rgb numbers to get them if you want.

Joe Mckee? Cracking player, I used to play him at CM in the Advanced Play Maker roll - mentality: attack. :thup:

Yeah currently playing him there but got another CM who is quite good there so roating atm.

Well it was a year to remember for the red rebels as they fought there way through heartbraking injuries and still managed to gain promotion from fighting the play-offs !

Nearing the end of the season it looked as though a mid table finish was likely however the manager inspired the players too go on a rampage of great results and getting into the play-offs the highest position they had been all year !

Key Players

Matty Wolfendenhttp http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/MattyWolfendenOverview_Profile.png

Loris Karius http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/LorisKariusOverview_Profile.png

William Ekong http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/WilliamEkongOverview_Profile.png

Transfers http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/FCUnitedTransfers_History.png

I have £19,022 balance....

Targets For Next Season

-Escape Relegation

-Increase finances most likely by a good cup run :)

-Get rid of any deadwood and bring in some quality players ! :D

Well it was a year to remember for the red rebels as they fought there way through heartbraking injuries and still managed to gain promotion from fighting the play-offs !

Nearing the end of the season it looked as though a mid table finish was likely however the manager inspired the players too go on a rampage of great results and getting into the play-offs the highest position they had been all year !

Key Players

Matty Wolfendenhttp http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/MattyWolfendenOverview_Profile.png

Loris Karius http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/LorisKariusOverview_Profile.png

William Ekong http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/WilliamEkongOverview_Profile.png

Transfers http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/samshoai/FCUnitedTransfers_History.png

I have £19,022 balance....

Targets For Next Season

-Escape Relegation

-Increase finances most likely by a good cup run :)

-Get rid of any deadwood and bring in some quality players ! :D

Well done! FC United can be a decent team at times! gl in the BSP!

Thanks yh they played quality football towards the end of the season but i'm struggling to find players to sign now ! :(

If your in the BSP, wait till the !st july when players get released, ive managed to sign a few players good enough for league2 and league1 in my FCUM game. Good luck with the searching!

If your in the BSP, wait till the !st july when players get released, ive managed to sign a few players good enough for league2 and league1 in my FCUM game. Good luck with the searching!

yh picked up 1 or 2 ive just scouted every league 2 and 1 teams including reserves and under 18's and theres quite a few 17 year olds that are better than my major players so gonna try and bring a few of them in :)

For some reason i cant get these to change on my laptop. No idea why. Whenever I do it, it "reloads skin" and no difference on the attributes.

Make sure you have Skin Cache on. Then it should work.

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round we were drawn away to Dover and i gave us no hope and so did everyone else due to our current form and was unable to hold a team meeting to boost morale. but what followed i couldn't believe a convincing 3-0 win for us.

Our top scorer from last season our centreback getting upto his usual tricks sneeking in at the near post unmarked twice to score a header and a tap in, but the best was saved till last.

We were defending a corner deep into injury time we clear the ball to near halfway where McGhee our lone striker picked up the running the rest of the pitch before placing a well timed shot past the Dover keeper.

which has earnt a 1st Round proper tie away to Barnet

I always confidently predict that I will make the playoffs but given the new iteration of FM I figured I would just aim for a mid table finish. I starting grabbing players immediately; I picked up thirty total over the course of the season. I should note that the players I picked up in the preseason paled in comparison to the gems I picked up from November onwards.

Despite almost no depth on the wings and consistently spending the second half of games playing my numerous skilled center mids out wide, stellar play up front and good morale got us to the top of the table (courtesy of a 20 game unbeaten run and a 7 game winning streak) and deep into the FA Trophy.

FA Cup

We rolled over two before a sloppy 4-3 in the rain away to Chelmsford.

FA Trophy

What a strong showing we had. Starting against a favored Braintree we managed to draw at home and I figured we'd go away and slouch to defeat. Instead we crushed them 4-0! We took shutout victories against Kettering, Dartford and Guiseley before another home draw with a favored Stalybridge. In the same fashion we came back away and trounced them 3-1! Our finest game of the season (not on final tally, as we had a bigger win, but versus the odds) was against Oxford City away - we destroyed them 5-1 including a hat trick by David Goldsmith (amid his 19 goals in 19 appearances start for our club!).

The players could smell victory and I gave all the right answers about avoiding complacency and we gave up only one goal in the first half. Then in the 53rd minute, Josh Lambo, my stellar keeper, picked up a knock. As I had no goalkeeper one on the bench I had a choice: leave him in with the knock (it was the "wants to stay in the game but his injury is holding him back" feedback) or sub in a defender at keeper and hold on to my lead. I subbed in Lyskov and prayed. I used "clear ball to flanks" and "get the ball forward". We gave up our first goal 3 mins later, then another 16 minutes after. Marshall clawed one back, but two more Oxford goals saw us level at the end of 90 minutes.

Extra time! If I could just hold on until the penalty shootout, I could make it! Three goals waved off due to offside in the extra period and we went to penalties. As their first man stepped up, I realized that I still didn't have a keeper so penalties were not my saving grace. Lyskov didn't get a hand to any, but the bar & post saved two. I had some useless backups taking shots for my side so lost 3-2 after 5.

End March & April & May

With an injured keeper & with Bouzanis having thrown a fit and left in January, I was left without a first choice. I grabbed a 43 yr old non-contract backup and an 18 yr old off the heap hoping that somehow we could string together at least a couple of draws given how my boys were banging in goals. Despite Lambo's injury only lasting 8-11 days, a set of BACK TO BACK league games (with 5 games in the next 35 days no less!) ended in a loss and a tie. When Lambo came back we were seated in second & I hoped that the previous three games hadn't meant a loss of confidence. Thankfully we won the next 4 games & moved ourselves into first. We needed 3 points from the last 2 games & one of them was against the second place squad. Our hopes were high... until we lost the second to last game and went into the final game with Droylseden 1 pt ahead of them. A win and we're in, a tie and we're in.

We scored finally in the 73rd minute and I just prayed we could see thing out, until they drew a poorly decided penalty. As they made that I foresaw a second goal and a mediocre playoff run in my future, but thankfully we held on and we won promotion by one point over Droylsden!

PROMOTION!!!!

Fixtures 1 - 2

Table

Graph

Key Players (league stats listed)

Josh Lambo - 47 apps / 29 conceded / 18 clean sheets / 2 MoM / 6.83 rating

Well this made me proud to be American, or at least glad for my

scouting prowess. Many have crowed about Bouzanis or the German in

the first season, but I'm happy I found Lambo!

Josh Langley - 23 apps / 4 goals / 0 assists / 2 MoM / 7.14 rating

One of the two center backs I picked up after Xmas. Langley was well recommended by my scouts or my backroom staff - not sure which. But I know he's league 2 or league 1 caliber from what I recall (scout report missing...)

Kevin Vennard - 16 apps / 2 goals / 0 assists / 0 MoM / 7.13 rating

The other center back I picked up. I found him on my own in the player search, but 6'7", jumping of 17 and heading of 13... I was proud of myself for spotting this guy!

Mason Bush - 29 apps / 2 goals / 13 assists / 5 MoM / 7.22 rating

Quietly collected the best rating of the whole squad, 4th most key passes in the league, 2nd highest avg rating behind Sheppard (we'll get to him...).

Christian Rofe - 14 apps / 1 goals / 1 assists / 1 MoM / 7.03 rating

This was the first person I paid for, but only by accident. I spotted him by going through the player search filtered by youth contract and had to pay 10k compensation for which I was asked to adjust my wage

budget. I didn't really read the email, just hit confirm... Decent physicals in the places that matter, good technical abilities and League 1 material. 16 yrs old and able to hold his own admirably in the BSN.

David Goldsmith - 23 apps / 14 goals / 2 assists / 3 MoM / 7.22 rating

Where on earth was this guy when I was running Sheppard/Zapata-Caicedo out there? Though I thought they were going to be incredible & Zapata-Caicedo (third backup now...) was going to be most of the

content of this post, Goldsmith came in and scored 4 goals in his first game (a 6-0 win), 12 in his first 15. Easily my best player this year despite only 23 apps.

Richie Barroilhet - 8 apps / 3 goals / 3 assists / 1 MoM / 7.01 rating

Goldsmith's french compatriot hopped onboard only in March but they linked up quite well with Richie slotting in nicely in a deep lying playmaker role.

The Departed

Tyler Sheppard - 24 apps / 13 goals / 5 assists / 3 MoM / 7.23 rating

I was quite pleased with Sheppard but other teams came knocking about when I discovered Goldsmith, so why fight it...?

Dean Bouzanis - 1 apps / 0 conceded / 1 clean sheets / 0 MoM / 6.80 rating

Sign Bouzanis as a key player, met Lambo and never turned back.

Other News

We were the target of 4 separate takeover attempts but only the final succeeded and in May we got a new owner.

Manager of the year!

Next Seasons Aims

1. 15th or above in BSP - in my experience you have to keep momentum up the leagues because if you stall in the BSP you will spend 6 years there

2. Youth - Find another couple of players like Rofe. Young guys with low compensation so I can start building for the future.

3. Get in the black - we're about USD 170k down. Doesn't sound bad compared to the negative balances some of you are reporting, but it's not great!

A little update from me as I'm at work and can't get any pics out.

My side are halfway through our first season in the BSN, currently sitting top approximately 4 points ahead of 2nd. We're in the 2nd round of the FA trophy, but were unfortunately knocked out away at L2 Aldershot in the FA Cup 2nd round, missing a money spinning tie at home to Swansea. Fortunately the cash situation is fine thanks to the pre-season tournament raising funds.

Fatigue problems are starting to be an issue thanks to the weather - I've already had one game called off due to a waterlogged pitch. My squad itself is fine and should be enough to get to the end of the season. I've just signed a L1 level left back on £90 p/w who should help tighten up the defence a little. I also managed to get a 10% increase to the wage budget which is currently maxed out at £4.4k p/w

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2014/15 | End of season | XaW #8

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Once again I tried to make my squad smaller and better at the same time. And, quite frankly, we are in trouble. We got a small increase in our wage budget this season, but we are still just barely hanging on financially. Our cup run this season helped alot, but we are still losing money. On the pitch things are looking better as we managed a safe 13th place. We had a good start, but we soon found ourselves close to the relegation zone. After struggling for a while we hit a form and rocketed up the table and towards the end of the season we were comfortably mid-table. We have had some problems with injuries and suspentions this season and we have had to use quite a number of junior players on and off as the season progressed.

In the FA Cup we managed a great run and even forced Barnsley to a rematch in the 3rd round. The FA Trophy also stopped in the 3rd round after to be winners Grimsby knocked us out.

Our best players this season has been Gareth Hutchison, Ümit Eminoglu, Anders Rømer and David Hutton.

Now, I'm hoping for a good season were we can get higher up the table and get a great cup run in order to increase our revenue.

Season         Division             Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        Blue Square North    10th       Mid-table
2013/14        Blue Square North    3rd        Promotion via play offs, FA Trophy winners
2014/15        Blue Square Premier  13th       Mid-table

The race is most definitely ON for the first league team of the season? Who will make it out of the Blue Squares first?!

I think drew with lowestoft already has :)

Hopefully i will not this season but next - a 4 game losing streak is making me pull my hair out - world beaters to bums :(

This is not easy as Wingate :( . Just got my first points after 7 games, 21st in the league.

No-one wants to join either so i've just had to sign what I can and hope. I even resorted to looking at who you guys have signed which I don't usually do, and the vast majority of them wouldn't even talk to me !

I'm finding it really difficult in the BSP. I think Loris Karius is struggling to make the step up, so I've drafted in Jordan Archer to probably replace him. Thoughts?

Karius has conceded 39 goals in 12 games, bear in mind,

I'm finding it really difficult in the BSP. I think Loris Karius is struggling to make the step up, so I've drafted in Jordan Archer to probably replace him. Thoughts?

Karius has conceded 39 goals in 12 games, bear in mind,

Jordan Archer in L1 doing ok on mie so seems a good buy. and Karius wasn't that good for me in the few games he played.

Archived