LB - Bale/Naughton/Heinze

CB - Vertonghen/King/Caulker/Heinze/Nelsen

RB - Vrsaljko/Walker/Naughton

CML (AP) - Modric/Huddlestone

CMR (BWM) - Parker/Sandro

Wingers - Hulk/Ayew/Lennon and if needed Modric/Olic

SL (DLF) - Defoe/Nistelrooy

SR (P) - Niang/Sanogo/Paloschi

I have also Olic and Inzaghi tutoring youngsters.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Modric is a difficult one for me too. I'm on my 3rd or 4th save now with Spurs and this is the first season he has averaged over 7. He finished 7.18 with 5 goals and 9 assists so still nothing spectacular. The only thing I have really done differently is have his creative freedom at full, although normally it's not far off that. This save has also been the one where the defensive minded midfielders have performed better so maybe that has has something to do with it too.

I find Modric tends to go missing every so often and will finish with a 6.8 rating or something but having checked his avg rating over the 6 seasons I've managed him getting over 7 every single time and halfway thru my 7th season we're also pushing just over 7 - I used to play him as an attacking playmaker but recently I've put him as a DLP and put Kovacic in as AP in a 4-3-3. His best season for me goal and assist wise was 9 goals and 13 assists he's also regularly up there in possession and team goals throughout the league.

I'm not gonna bother starting a new game having got 7 seasons in with Spurs I can't bring myself to do it lol - although I'm highly envious of use who have been granted a new stadium, I'm still at WHL in 2018 despite winning the league countless times, Levy was very stubborn I think it's even been pushed back as well :(

I'm into December of the 1st season, sitting 1st in the PL, 2 points ahead of the gooners. We've won 12 and drawn 3 and are yet to lose in the league. Chelsea and Man Utd both got absolute batterings from us on their own grounds. Apart from the opening day home draw with the gooners, I've been disappointed when we haven't won. Both were away, to Villa and QPR and were due to poor 2nd half collapses. Comfortably through to the knockout stages of the EL, topping a group containg Steau, Litex and Rosenborg with a game still to play. I've played very 2nd string teams in that competition so I'm pleased that it's been so easy. Went out of the Carling Cup away to QPR in a very very poor performance, again with a 2nd string XI but they shouldn't have been strong enough to see off QPR. Bale has been outstanding and is top scorer, just ahead of Ade. Rafa had a slow start to the season but is really firing on all cylinders now, as is Lennon who was looking poor early on. Modric is playing ok but is such a moody bstard, not helped by City and Utd taking it in turns to declare their interest in him. If the right offer came in, I might just let him go. Although I'm really not sure who I could bring in as a good enough DLP. Friedel has looked solid and Vertonghen has settled well alongside Kaboul with Shawcross getting the odd game. Walker is brilliant at RB and BAE generally so at LB although he can have the odd mare! Smith has played all the EL games at RB and has done really well. If we can keep our form going I'll be disappointed if we aren't in the top 2, but December and January have some tough games and will be crucial. The Modric situation could also upset things, he's my vice captain and with Ledley almost permanently injured is wearing the armband for most games, I just don't want his possible departure causing too much fuss.

COYS

edgar

Can I try the tactic you are using with Spurs if its TC based.

Yes mate, it's TC based and uses no individual instructions.

It is:

Fluid, Control, shorter passing, more pressing, more creative freedom, default tackling, zonal marking, more roaming, crossing default

GK: GK/defend

RB: FB/auto

CB®: CD/stopper

CB(l): CD/Cover

LB: FB/auto

DMC: DM/defend

MC(L): DLP/support

MR: Winger/attack

AMC®: Inside Forward/attack

AML: Inside Forward/support

ST: Advanced Fwd/attack

Target man is set to striker and mixed supply if it's Ade, run onto ball if it's Defoe.

Think thats all you need.

Do you change from Control for SUS or difficult away games?

Difficult away games I switch to a flat 4411 with standard. All other team settings are the same. Gk and def all the same. MR stays the same. DMC becomes MC® on centre mid/defend MC(l) stays same. AML becomes ML winger/attack. AMC® becomes AMC but same. ST becomes DLP/support and is almost always Ade set as TM/mixed.

And yes central DM with MC and AMC offset to left and right respectively

and the first goalscorer at Perryman Park was... Scotty Parker from the penalty spot. The patch seems to have improved him too, he is still a beast at 32 at the start of the third season when he wasn't as good previously.

I don't know how he ended up taking the penalty, but he scored the first in a 4-0 win against some minnows I hadn't heard of in a Europa qualifier. Remember I joked about not getting sacked? Despite 5 wins out of 6 towards the end of the season, I finished in 6th having promised the board a top 4. I didn't think I'd get to see the opening of the stadium, but somehow I'm still in a job. So I had a bit of a clear out...

IN

Ross Barkley - Everton - 17.5m. They DID NOT want to play ball and I can see why. He scored one and crashed a shot against the bar, a rebound we scored from, on debut and followed it up with another solid performance in the second leg. The kid will be a star.

Iker Munian - Athletic - 21m. They didn't want to play ball either, but a release clause came to my assistance. He has also looked lively in his two starts so far and gives me yet another option in the hole as well as providing decent competition for Leandro D and Defoe.

Antonio Valencia - Man Utd - 7.5m. He was listed, Hoilett hasn't set the world on fire on the right and Lennon was being a little bitch.

Plenty of newgens including a 7.5m striker from Pest Ham the fans are annoyed at me signing despite having stacks of potential, a 5m right winger as a long term replacement for Valencia and a young keeper from PSV who'll be the nuts.

OUT

Yannis Tafer - Havre AC - Loan (1m fee + agreed price). Not good enough.

Adam Smith - Stoke - 1m

Harry Kane - Swansea - 1m. See Tafer. Also of note is that he has pissed their fans off already by demanding to be center of attention as a 20 year old with no Premiership experience. Shipped straight out on loan to AFC Bournemouth :D

Tom Huddlestone - Fulham - 7.5m. I'm really sad to see Tom go, but he was behind Modric, Sandro, Parker and Kovacic in the pecking order and Barkley was on his way. He wanted more football than I could have given him.

Apostolos Velios - Norwich - 3m. See Tafer.

Kermit Erasmus - Sporting - 3.3m. Signed for free with next to nothing paid out in wages and bonuses etc. A tidy profit as ever.

Manoel - Palermo - 6.5m. A muppet. One I made quite a loss on too.

Tom Carroll - Leicester - 675k

Aaron Lennon - Valencia - 9.5m With a year left on his contract his agent asked for a modest pay rise I agreed to AND a stupidly high appearance fee I had no intention of paying. His performances didn't warrant the money so I flogged him and signed the Portuguese kid as back up for Hoilett before Utd offered me Valencia :D

Archer and Lancaster found themselves released and Rose, Gomelt, Pogba, Toloi, Muniesa and a few newgens were sent on loans they'll return from.

Let's hope season three turns out to be better, the start needs to be or I won't see Xmas...

Finally finished 1st season won the PL on last day beating Man city 1 nil. Lost in the final of europa to PSG 1 nil, league cup and FA completely forgettable.

Season 1 transfers in: Javier Hernandez 20 mil and worth every penny.

Kurt Zouma 10 mil. Despite his low CA him and Kaboul were solid.

Romario 3.5 mil.

I used weakened teams in the cups and what i considered my strongest side in the league.

---------------Gomes-------------------

Walker---Kaboul---Zouma---Assou Ekotto

--------------Sandro--------------------

---------Parker-----Modric---------------

Lennon---------------------------- Bale

-------------Hernandez-----------------

Livermore or Kane are not going to make the grade, Coulibaly is going to get his chance in the first team. The surprise for me was Andros Townsend very effective on the left.

I gave in to temptation and asked Levy for a new stadium he said yes! The club is losing nearly 5 mil a month since the new loan for the stadium was applied. For the second season i decided to have a massive cull bringing in 35mil. Most notably players to leave were Gio to Everton 9mil and Dawson to Liverpool for 6mil. Going to focus on developing youth. So kept transfers down to a minimum for myself anyway.

Second season transfers in: Antonio Valencia 4.6mil bargain i reckon.

Rene Adler Free.

3 newgens.

Players bought 7 mil. Players sold 35 mil.

Just under 60 million in the bank, the stadium loan is draining funds so good run in champions league is needed.

How is Adler performing for you?

In lieu of my frustration with real life, I am going to start a Spurs save. 1st transfer window off because we don't need players imo, then minor tweaks in Jan if needed and then a significant overhaul in the summer to rid the squad of bottlers. I've already kinda decided who i want to offload and bring in;

Hopefully, and also dependant on how we do, i'll let go of Gomes, Naughton, Bassong, Defoe, Niko, Gio and yes, i will try and get a high price for Modric. £35m+ will do it for me. Then i'll bring in a cheap keeper like Adler, Krasic, Sissoko(to replace Mods, always wanted to buy him but never have), Ba, Damiao....plus another wide attacker and an experienced CF.

How is Adler performing for you?

In lieu of my frustration with real life, I am going to start a Spurs save. 1st transfer window off because we don't need players imo, then minor tweaks in Jan if needed and then a significant overhaul in the summer to rid the squad of bottlers. I've already kinda decided who i want to offload and bring in;

Hopefully, and also dependant on how we do, i'll let go of Gomes, Naughton, Bassong, Defoe, Niko, Gio and yes, i will try and get a high price for Modric. £35m+ will do it for me. Then i'll bring in a cheap keeper like Adler, Krasic, Sissoko(to replace Mods, always wanted to buy him but never have), Ba, Damiao....plus another wide attacker and an experienced CF.

I tried that but the injuries to the centre backs are ridiculous. Had to start again with transfers on just to get a defender capable of playing two games in a row.

its daft how they update the squads as of january but not the injuries.

King, gallas, nelson and sandro are all available but start the game injured.

i managed to hold out at the start with just dawson and kaboul playing untill king returned to fitness.

still cant get modric to perform in MC...usually end up selling him for £30m

Adler is performing well Played 5 won 5 conceded 0, also he is on 20 grand a week less than Friedel who I sold to Man city. Won the charity shield against the hammers with a Hernandez hat trick. Romario has made the RB position his own. Valencia has slotted straight in nicely. My tactics from last season are still working a treat in the league hoping to make it the PL two seasons in a row.

its daft how they update the squads as of january but not the injuries.

King, gallas, nelson and sandro are all available but start the game injured.

i managed to hold out at the start with just dawson and kaboul playing untill king returned to fitness.

still cant get modric to perform in MC...usually end up selling him for £30m

I was thinking the exact same thing. No way in real life would they have let bassong and corluka go out on loan with the injuries we had

Levy has been really generous with me this season...due to all the loans etc i have been forced to dip into the transfer market.

i signed vrsalijko to cover both full backs, until rose was fit again.

signed butland so friedel could tutor him

and signed hoilet for 1.6m just because it was too good to refuse - having him tutored by VDV to bump up mental stats.

i also agreed to sign aly cissoko for 8.5m at the start of the season...but let him stay with lyon for the season so i could let ekotto play before i sell him.

kranjcar is joining a.madrid at the end of the season for £10m and VDV is going to PSG for 15m. so iv still got them untill the end of the season.

iv been chasing leandro all season but waiting for his international to agree a lower price...i had agreed 14m but he didnt want to leave at that time!

in the mean time i just hit a bargain...Lucas Moura is joining for 13m...normally they always want 20m+ for him. so he will be replacing VDV.

hopefully i can get leandro so i can partner him upfront with lucas (retrained as striker)

just need to make sure i qualify for champions league!

Just finished my first "post update" season. I won the league (first time I've achieved this in the first season) and the league cup. Only player I purchased was Bochetti for £14m due to the amount of injuries to the current crop of CB's.

At the end of the first season I put in bids for Leandro Damiao and Eden Hazard. Both were rejected but as the players were unhappy the clubs have transfer listed them for £11m and £19m respectively. Seemed too good to be true, and it is. The clubs wont accept any bids from me for anything less than double their asking price!?!?! Does anyone know how to beat this? Do I keep declaring interest until their current clubs offer me the players?

I know this isn't the right place to ask but I tried doing a search and gave up sifting after 10 mins, so thought I would call on my fellow Spurs fans. COYS

Just finished my first "post update" season. I won the league (first time I've achieved this in the first season) and the league cup. Only player I purchased was Bochetti for £14m due to the amount of injuries to the current crop of CB's.

At the end of the first season I put in bids for Leandro Damiao and Eden Hazard. Both were rejected but as the players were unhappy the clubs have transfer listed them for £11m and £19m respectively. Seemed too good to be true, and it is. The clubs wont accept any bids from me for anything less than double their asking price!?!?! Does anyone know how to beat this? Do I keep declaring interest until their current clubs offer me the players?

I know this isn't the right place to ask but I tried doing a search and gave up sifting after 10 mins, so thought I would call on my fellow Spurs fans. COYS

I've not had this problem before with listed players. I'd suggest that you keep declaring an interest, see if that works. Sorry I can't help anymore.

thats strange...they usually accept their own asking price. if you can get them for those prices then your laughing.

i missed out on leandro...by the time real madrid became interested i didnt stand a chance. i agreed terms with a 70,000 contract. he chose madrid for 45,000 a week.

so i hope to take advantage when one of their three strikers becomes unhappy.

i managed to get adler on a free, and vertongen for 5.75m...didnt really need him but couldnt refuse at that price.

iv cleared out a lot of the squad so iv got a big budget to play with to bring in that star striker.

usually the prices drop outside of the transfer window...that where i do all my dealings!!!

I'd had a good clearout with BAE, Krankjar, Bassong all going and had plenty of cash so gave up and met their asking prices. £21m for Damiao and

£31m for Hazard. Also bought Baines for £16m and Fierro so very happy with the squad. Modric had a blinder first season so the big boys are circling. Hopefully I can keep him, VDV on the other hand was not great so if I get a sensible offer I may let him go.

Overall very happy with the balance of the squad now, roll on the Champions League : )

how did you play modric? and in what system?

im playing 442, and hes just not consistent enough for me as advanced playmaker support in MC.

tried DLP but i dont think it suits him, tried cm support.

huddlestone performs better than him

how did you play modric? and in what system?

im playing 442, and hes just not consistent enough for me as advanced playmaker support in MC.

tried DLP but i dont think it suits him, tried cm support.

huddlestone performs better than him

In a 442 I just have him as a standard CM, although I have his creativite freedom ramped up. He has performed well in that role but his performances have been even better in a 4411 formation. I play him in the centre of midfield as AP / support (Hudd also does well in this role).

Anyone had any problems with Gareth Bale's agent (Adie Shaw) after the latest update? Apparently he dislikes me, I'm in my second season and have offered him £100k pw (my own personal limit) but he's holding out for £115k plus ridiculous goal bonus and appearance fee. We haggle a bit on all but the wage and then I hit the non negotiable button and they walk away.

It's not an immediate problem as his deal runs until 2015 however I'm keen to keep him happy and up there with the top earners.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting the game this late and starting up a game with Tottenham on the latest patch. Would be going for developing the youths and would try to build a squad that relies heavily on homegrowns.

Anyone able to tell me if any of the youngsters are any good? How good are for example Adam Smith, David Button, Townsend, Harry Kane, Naughton and Caulker? Is our loan and option to buy Bruno Uvini included? Is he any good?

Any screenshots of the above mentioned players would be mightily appreciated!

Cheers for any replies!

COYS!

kane and caulker have definately got some potential...

naughton is somewhat overshadowed by the excellent walker

townsend is decent reserve/backup for cup games at best

smith and button are no good

uvini isnt included at tottenham at all ... and in fact.. in game.. uvini is listed as a dc not a midfielder like he should be... he also isnt particularly special

you forgot to mention coulibaly , who is easily one of the most exciting potentials spurs have

other than that , its a bit bare as far as youth goes... barring gomelt who might possibly make it ...

uvini isnt included at tottenham at all ... and in fact.. in game.. uvini is listed as a dc not a midfielder like he should be... he also isnt particularly special

you forgot to mention coulibaly , who is easily one of the most exciting potentials spurs have

other than that , its a bit bare as far as youth goes... barring gomelt who might possibly make it ...

on 12.3 I'd say that Smith might actually have a chance of making it.

Coulibaly is definitely top dog and Gomelt looks very exciting.

Other than that Welshace is pretty much spot on.

on 12.3 I'd say that Smith might actually have a chance of making it.

Coulibaly is definitely top dog and Gomelt looks very exciting.

Other than that Welshace is pretty much spot on.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Also forgot about Carroll, was decently impressed by him in the Uefa cup! Is he any good in the game?

Anyone able to supply some screenshots of any of the youths? Would be greatly appreciated, have searched around but unable to find many, and the request a screenshot thread seems quite dead. Will try there too anyway thou.

COYS!

Caulker could still be excellent in the game, albeit not world class. Even though his potential is not WC, it makes little difference because he's got the stats. Work on his pace a bit though and he'll be awesome. In my third season with the mighty Yids, and his partnership with Kaboom is great. Livermore also a good squad player, but his determination is so low.

agree about the youth players.

i developed caulker well, and like Rob, he has a good partnership with kaboul. focus training on his quickness and he has all the right attributes, heading, marking, tackling, strength.

the rest of his mentals depend on tutoring and game time.

harry kane suprised me, i retrained lucas moura as a striker, and he is awsome as trequartista, gets 20+ goals and 20+ assists a season. anyway he got a long injury, and i only had defoe as fit striker. so i played kane...9 starts, 5 goals, 6 assists and ave rating of 7.63. and he is no where near fully developed...or at least nothing special stats wise at the moment.

iv also got a super regen at the end of my first season through my youth team, a striker who i have high hopes for.

My team in 1st Season-

GK- Mandanda,Friedel,Gomes

DL- Bale

DC- Vertonghen,Chryginski

DR- Vrsaljko, Walker

RM- Lennon

CM- Parker,Modric

LM- Ayew

ST- Paloschi,Adebayor,Defoe (Rotate)

Won the Euro Cup against Real Madrid 2-1, 3rd in Prem, Won the league cup, and Won the Super Cup 3-0 against Man U at the start of 2nd season

Signings 2nd Season - Di Maria, Van Nistelrooy

Am going to start a Spurs save.

Was goint to start with sending Adebayor back to man c and buying huntelaar.

Does anyone have any experience of Huntelaar?

I had him on my Schalke save as a deep lying forward attack, and he was devastating!

I have started a games as Spurs. Halfway through my 1st season. Currently sitting 2nd in league. Semi Final of League Cup and 4th round of FA Cup, also 2nd round of Europa league. Please with how the first half, still in all competitions.

I have signed Leighton Baines and Junior Hoilett so far. Thinking of bringing in a Striker and Central Defender.

I have arranged transfers for Rene Adler and Yaya Sanogo to join at the end of season on free transfers.

I'm looking to win some Trophies first season and hopefully finish in top 4.

Loving game as Spurs.

did anyone else have problems renewing Gomes contract? he kept failing to get a work permit in my game.

Got Adler on a free transfer anyway, hopefully his long term injury hasnt ruined his ca. Busquets got transfer listed by Barca in January 1st season aswell. Bought him for 12m

Do people keep hold of Bale and Modric?

Just finished my 1st season, 3rd in league and won FA Cup and League Cup.

Going to improve my squad and hope fully challenge for League and latter stages of Champions league, next season.

Will post a more detailed analysis (with pics, probably) later on. The upshot of my first 18 months in the Spurs job is thus...

League: 2nd (Needed a win for the title and fluffed the last game of the season 2-2 against a wolves side who had nothing to play for: Had only conceded something like 12 league goals before that game)

Euro Cup: Winners (Put out AC Milan & Barca along the way)

FA Cup: Winners (Final won on penalties against Swansea)

The team is getting a very English feel. The Starting XI looks something like this.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Gomes. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Walker, Shawcross, Dawson, J.Robinson

xxxxxxxxxxx, Huddlestone, xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx, Parker, Barkley, xxxxxxxxxx

A.Johnson, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bale

xxxxxxxxxx, Leandro Damião, xxxxxxxxxx

I've just hit the second January Transfer window and Modric just went to Madrid for £29.5m, VDV was sold in the first window for £19.5 to City. The save is currently on the 1st of Jan 2013 and McGregor has just joined me as a backup keeper and Phil Jones has joined for £12 as he was unsettled at Man U. My backup striker is Fierro. Basically the jist of this save is to have an all UK team with at most 2-3 world class players from other areas of the world if I need them.

Not entirely sure where i'm going to play Jones, might stick him in the DM position.

Archived