FM12 Tottenham Hotspur Thread- The Best Team In North London

Where do you stand on the 4-4-1-1? I'm cautious about my FB's being exposed when Bale and Lennon are pushed far forward

I've never got enough goal contribution from a standard MR/ML or at least not as many as I feel Bale should contribute. The assymetric I described above might be a good compromise?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edgar - i managed to get lucas for 13.5m...very lucky.

i do most of my transfers outside of the windows, this is when the players values decrease, especially if they are not playing well or not playing at all.

in the case of lucas, his value was 5m and my scout said he would cost 25m during the window, and i just wasnt prepared to pay that much, so a few weeks after the window closed

his value was down to 4.5m and my scout report said he would cost 13m...so i snapped him up in season 2.

iv signed him in a previous save and retrained him to be a natural striker in the trequartista role...he is too good.

damiao has hit 50 league goals in 2 seasons, so im happy with the way they link up.

i passed on suarez, he went to inter for 17m. i want to give kane and coulibaly a chance, both are developing nicely.

I finally set up a Spurs game, after a bit of wheeling and dealing, I signed Otamendi, Vossen and Vrsaljko, and Fierro (but don't get him until next Summer). Vrsaljko is cover for Walker, but can also cover at LB too.

I'm running a summer transfer update, so next season I get Jan Vertonghen (Ajax, £10m), Gylfi Sigurdsson (Hoffenheim, £8m), and Steven Caulker comes back from his loan :cool:

Anyone know what this Souleymane Coulibaly turns out like?

Finished my first season.

PL - 2nd, 6pts behind Utd, 5 ahead of City with Arsenal 3 pts behind them. Liverpool and Chelsea came 5th & 6th.

We won the Europa, beating Newcastle in the final 1-0. A Gylfi penalty was enough in a game where they tried to kick my already injury ravaged side off the park.

We also won the League Cup. Beating Arsenal on penalties after a 2-2 draw. David Ospina was the hero in the shoot out (after gifting them their equaliser) saving 3 pens.

Went out of the FA Cup in the 5th round to Leeds. I underestimated them but felt much better when they won the Cup, I wasn't the only one to make that mistake.

Star players: Damaio (missed last 3 months of season with injury) hit 19 in all comps. Lacazette also hit 19 (12 in Europa). Modric was fantastic with 6 goals and assists in double figures. Bale finished with the highest average rating but missed a huge chunk of the season with injuries. Lennon got double figures for goals and assists. Gylfi got into double figures for goals also. Falque scored 10 in cup competitions and really impressed. Livermore played a key role, slotting into all of the 3 midfield roles at different times to great effect. At the back, Ospina, Walker, Kaboul & Vertonghen were excellent. Cissokho got better as the season went on.

Moving on to next year.

Ins: Carlos Fierro £3m plus add ons; Viktor Fischer from Ajax for £2m; Kurt Zouma for £10m; Alphonse Areola for £9m; Podstawski (Polish midfielder, 17) for £1.7m from Porto; Luke Shaw £1.2m compensation from Southampton; a 16 yo German regen RB for £1.2m; plus Robbie Cotton & Jamaal Lascelles on frees.

Outs: Dawson £7.5m to Milan (was ok when needed but had some horrific performances too); Gallas £400k to Lens(was awful when used & moaned all season); THudd £4.2m to Villa; Bassong £3m to Galatassaray; Bostock to Leeds for £1.2m; Cudicini & Bentley were released along with some younger players. Still trying to shift Jenas & Rose. Sent a lot of players out on loan too (Kane, Carroll, Townsend, Mason etc)

We had the best defence in the PL last season but were only 6th highest scorers. This year I'm going to use the more attacking 4231 more often. This will hopefully give Rafa a chance to perform to a higher level after a very disappointing season for him.

New stadium is being built, youth coaching has been increased and a new commercial feeder club is in place(Dallas) after San Jose got cancelled.

Big season ahead, looking to push for PL title while putting on a good show in CL.

COYS

I finally set up a Spurs game, after a bit of wheeling and dealing, I signed Otamendi, Vossen and Vrsaljko, and Fierro (but don't get him until next Summer). Vrsaljko is cover for Walker, but can also cover at LB too.

I'm running a summer transfer update, so next season I get Jan Vertonghen (Ajax, £10m), Gylfi Sigurdsson (Hoffenheim, £8m), and Steven Caulker comes back from his loan :cool:

He's got awesome potential so it depends on you really.

He's got awesome potential so it depends on you really.

Started a Tottenham save a few days ago. Really like their potential, the squad takes abit of work, but is already capable of a respectable league finish.

I try and have a policy of always making a profit in the transfer market, so tried to bring in young cheap players with abit of potential.

Tottenham_Transfers_History.png

Ongenda, Leandro, Niang, Tolga, Digne and Rochina are all fantastic prospects. Rochina is already a brilliant player considering he only cost 750k, his left foot is unreal. Some of the goals he's scored already are fantastic. I picked Santa Cruz up because I always liked him in real life before he made the mistake of moving to City. So I took him in the hope of maybe bringing back his former glory, just for my own personal enjoyment. Torassa is actually not a bad player, can nick a goal at any point, plus he was only 350k so if he doesn't work out, it's not much loss.

I got rid of Bale and Lennon because I don't play with wingers. Could probably of got more for Lennon but wasn't too worried as I don't really rate him highly anyway. The offer came in for van der Vaart, I was hesitant to accept but I can find a younger, better player for £18 million I figured.

Made £18.5 million profit so I'm happy with that. I think I got some really promising players in.

Also, thought I'd chance my arm and ask for a new stadium. The board initially declined, but after I told them I thought it would increase revenue, they said yes. I'm genuinely excited about it.

Ryan_Friel_News_Inbox.png

I don't mean I don't rate him in the game. To be honest, I don't know much about how he performs in the game. In real life I don't rate him. He never lived up to the potential he had, unfortunately.

Re-started my save;

So far I have bought in Gylfi, Vertonghen(already here obviously), Ytegard Jenssen(£4m) as my Luka replacement. Now, perhaps he is not world class, but I think he has fantastic attributes and still at an age where he can improve somewhat. I can't think of who else i'd rather have, especially at such a low-risk price.

The GK position is a nightmare, cannot bring anyone in other than Begovic. I want Stekelenburg or Rafael(Santos), but proving tricky. Decided on bringing in Demba Ba(£7.5m- bargain) in the striker position, as I don't have the funds for someone like Damiao. Would like a loan, someone like Borriello would be handy. Also Rondon is going amazingly cheap so may also bring him in, though i don't want to overcrowd this position.

Other than that, can't see much business. Oh, and I bought in Wellington Nem to give us more options out wide. But this lad is going to be star, and with a £3.5 release clause, I highly recommend. Not giving up on Dos Santos though, he can cover a few positions. Trying to shift Defoe on. He won't get many games in my system, and will inevitably whine come X-mas.

Decided to start a game with Spurs. I went with signing Vertonghen. But was wondering who you guy's used as your starting 2 centre back's? Also VDV isn't really performing for me at attacking mid so what do people set him as?

Decided to start a game with Spurs. I went with signing Vertonghen. But was wondering who you guy's used as your starting 2 centre back's? Also VDV isn't really performing for me at attacking mid so what do people set him as?

Kaboul and Vertonghen. Unless you've still got Ledley, in which case he'd start ahead of Younes probably. When fit.

Rafa plays best as an inside forward/attack at AMC.

Like said, Kaboul is a very good player. Dawson is good too. So any combination of the 3 should be good enough.

ryanfrielnew.jpg

What should I do? I'm really enjoying playing with Spurs, but Utd are the team I support. I've rarely played a save with them this year, plus £45 million should allow me to strengthen the areas I need, even though they've just signed Sneijder :eek:

Just finished 2nd season. Main team was ...........

.........................Adler.............................

Walker........Kaboul...Caulker.......Vertonghen

.................Fellaini...Modric.......................

Lennon............vanderVaart................Bale

.....................Adeabayor........................

Sandro, Friedel, Zouma, Lacazette, J Ayew, Paloschi, Huddlestone, Parker, Naughton, Ekotto, Saviola comprise the main part of the squad. My friend is in the game as Newcastle.

Anyways, finished second behind Man Utd. Got to the League Cup Final and most frustratingly lost to Reading 2-0 !!!!!! Got to the FA Cup final and lost to Man Utd 1-0. Fergie was playing mind games with me over the league and the FA Cup final, but the next part was priceless. I also ended up with Man Utd in the CL final. Before the game, I came out with brash and aggressive comments about Fergie, ripping him as best he could. I won the final 2-0, Fergie retired after the game and departed from footballing history, with the sound of me ripping him to shreds in the press apres game, ringing through his ears !!!

Decided to be a bit bold this summer with clear outs - Gallas and King retired, Lennon sold for 15m, Naughton sold for 5m, trying to sell Krank and Pienaar, Adebayor departs after two seasons on loan of which he was incredible in both !

I reeeeeeeeeeeally want rid of rat face, as I'm sick of him in real life. Kinda worried though since he is my captain. Its looking like a possibility though for the future, as Bilbao got relegated and I have just picked up Javi Martinez for 7m !!!! Llorente could maybe be got for a bit of a bargain but is a bit old now, to pay biggish money for

On the striker front, I am now casting off Adebayor into the abyss, and looking to spend money on a sexy signing. I've been chasing Hulk and Pato, who both want to come. Disappointingly, neither club are budging in the slightest and both want in excess of 70m for Pato, and 80m odd for Hulk. Those prices are ludicrous, and I wont be paying them. They also don't seem to tally up with how much I've heard you can get them for, in other games. Neymar not interested in me. As a result, I am just just now having to look at Damaio, Cavani, Falcao, to see who could be got for a more reasonable fee.

Naughton, I have moved on and want Jack Robinson in to replace as a better adaptable UK option. Parker/Hudd time could be up due to me having Modric, Sandro, Fellaini, Martinez......

I have started a new Spurs save with the updated transfers and what not. However Modric hasn't gone to Real Madrid. I am playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with wingers.

Transfers

I know, two expensive signings however they are both young and will feature in my first team for many years so I thought they were worth it.

Just played my first game of the Premiership and beat Wigan 5-0 at White Heart Lane. Leandro Damiao scored a hat trick so hopefully a sign of good things to come!

Not using wingers is an acceptable reason. Not rating Lennon is not. I'd have kept Bale & used him at Lb. it's certainly different!

Retain him as a AMC or MC like in real life when he played down the middle against Norwich and bagged two goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. I wanted to play a new save with the "new look" Spurs of Lloris, Dembele, etc. but don't want to wait 6 weeks or so for the new game to come out. Do you have a recommendation for the best roster updates for Spurs? It looks like the data packs from pr0 and Nik33 are the ones to choose from. I'm planning to use the editor to remove my coaches so I'm starting with a clean slate, but want to rely on the most "official" rosters for transfers, ratings, etc. Thanks! I haven't played since FM2010 and looking forward to getting back into it with Spurs.

Hey all. I wanted to play a new save with the "new look" Spurs of Lloris, Dembele, etc. but don't want to wait 6 weeks or so for the new game to come out. Do you have a recommendation for the best roster updates for Spurs? It looks like the data packs from pr0 and Nik33 are the ones to choose from. I'm planning to use the editor to remove my coaches so I'm starting with a clean slate, but want to rely on the most "official" rosters for transfers, ratings, etc. Thanks! I haven't played since FM2010 and looking forward to getting back into it with Spurs.

I'd wait til Friday for the fmweegie update

I have updated everything post-the last weegie update, so i'm using that. Cannot share it though for obvious reasons. You only have to wait till next Friday.

Anyways, team looks superb. Lloris is probably the best keeper in the game. I have added Ruben-Ytegard Jenssen and Wellington Nem to my ranks. Do need another striker, but I'll hold off till January and make a move for Sigporrson- giving us that Scandanavian flavour :D

Lloris

Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, BAE

Jenssen, Sandro, Dembele

Sigurdsson, Adebayor, Bale

I'd like to get Lennon in there, but really need Sig to progress, even though it's not his best position. Jenssen is the better option for CM due to his workrate and stamina. Quality player. Looking light in the wide areas, Wellington Nem I find is a quality player despite an average PA. ON the lookout for options...Belhanda springs to mind, and may look at that in January.

Oh, and I have also loaned out Huddlestone, ironically to Fulham. He's too lumpy and I prefer Livermore. Jenas went on loan to Villa, while no-one wants Bentley.

Re-started my save with LFCMarshall's DB. His is really good, although some of the CAPA/attribute changes are wild and speculative at best, so I spent a little time honing down the Tottenham squad. Had to revert Walker and others back to their original state :rolleyes:

Only made two signings to add to Levy's work- Wellington Nem and Yttegard Jenssen, combined cost of £7.5m. Very good squad, competition in all areas. Considered a CF, but no one available. Sig will have to wait for his chance as Azza will take priority.

Does anyone have any ideas for a first team keeper? Just starting the second season, Gomes did pretty well for me, but don't think he'll cut it for the second season (finished second).

I have a transfer budget of £20 million, would rather not spend it all, but can if need be (rest of the team is great, just need a keeper).

Does anyone have any ideas for a first team keeper? Just starting the second season, Gomes did pretty well for me, but don't think he'll cut it for the second season (finished second).

I have a transfer budget of £20 million, would rather not spend it all, but can if need be (rest of the team is great, just need a keeper).

Try Andrea Consigli from Atalanta too, did very well for me for the first two years (I haven't played more).

Archived