FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

Arshavin can easily be sold for 15mil just by offering him to clubs. Generally Man City and Inter will bid with City offering cash up front.

Can someone recommend a deep lying striker (i.e. backup for Van Persie)? Park's finishing isn't really good enough for the role.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will try to offer Andrey out and possibly get a decent/younger replacement for that money. Cheers mate.

What's wrong with Shawcross? He did me good for FM2011, I'm looking for more of the same from this one... Plus he can now make it up to Aaron Ramsey every single day in the training ground. I'm actually getting Ramsey an errand boy here. =D

Getting pretty pissed off with the injuries now. Rosicky out for 6-7 months with a broken leg. Add that to Arshavins 5-6 month lay off, Sagnas 4 week lay off, Miyaichis 1-2 month lay off and Gibbs 2-3 month injury. Oh not to mention Wilshere and Diaby. Good old Arsenal.

For christ sake.. I have 20-25 shots, score 1 goal. They have 1-3 shots on target and score them all. F**K OFF YOU A******S!

Oh.. And ofcourse they injure RvP.

Edit: Ok, Im throwing this save out and playing the one from the demo. >.>

Has anyone got Gervinho playing well? He's been pretty poor for me so far. Only one goal and one assist in 10 games and his average is only 6.91. And that goal was a penalty.

I'm playing him mostly as an AML (Inside Forward), but occasionally I put him at AMR with the same instructions. Any tips?

Nice to see this thread get a bit more action; it deserves it! If only I could be contributing with my Monthly Updates :(

QUick question.. If in your team talk a player comes up with 'Angered' what do you do?

Who was it? I'd comeback with a 'Calm' response. Wish there was a option saying 'Sit Down.'

Into January of my first season and I'm in 3rd place with 41 points behind Man City on 49 and Tottenham on 45.

Vrsjalko is whining that he's not playing over Sagna and requested a transfer. Bye.

What role did you give Vrsjalko mate? Can`t see why he would complain if you gave him a `Rotation` or `Hot Prospect` role. Good Luck with the rest of you`r season.

Has anyone got Gervinho playing well? He's been pretty poor for me so far. Only one goal and one assist in 10 games and his average is only 6.91. And that goal was a penalty.

I'm playing him mostly as an AML (Inside Forward), but occasionally I put him at AMR with the same instructions. Any tips?

Personally, I`d look to plat him primarily as a `Winger - Attack`. I feel that he is better equipped to do that role rather than a more creative `Inside Forward`role.

:thup:

Also, has anyone else noticed that the apostrophes on these forums get a bit weirdÉ (Sorry, that is my question mark!!) Either it`s these forums or this stupid canadian keybord!

Gervinho often plays well for me as an AML Inside Forward Attack, I switch him to AMR sometimes as INF or as a Winger - does well always for me. Is he getting enough of the ball? What kind of chances is he getting? Check match analysis

So I finally got Gervinho scoring. He got 2 goals against Liverpool, just a shame Kuyt equalised in the 92nd minute :( He's been a lot more lively in the last few games as well. Fingers crossed his form picks up now.

So here's my results going coming to the end of October:

Wolves (a): 1-0 win (Hummels)

Dynamo Kiev (a): 0-0 draw

QPR (h): 5-1 win (Van Persie, Vermaelen, Arteta, Arshavin, Park)

Dynamo Kiev (h): 2-0 win (Rosicky, Walcott)

Spurs (a): 1-1 draw (Chamakh)

Blackburn (h): 4-1 win (Gervinho (p), Park, Hummels, Chamberlain)

Olympiakos (a) 3-0 win (Van Persie (2), Ramsey)

Stoke (a): 1-0 win (Van Persie)

Bolton (Carling Cup,a): 3-1 win (AET) (Arshavin, Chamakh (2))

Fulham (h): 4-0 win (Chamakh (3), Park)

AC Milan (h): 3-1 win (Walcott, Flamini (og), Van Persie)

Bolton (a): 3-2 win (Van Persie (3))

Liverpool (h): 2-2 draw (Gervinho (2))

Partizan (a): 5-0 win (Park, Ramsey, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Diaby)

Enjoying it so far, surprised how much Chamakh has been scoring when he's played. But he's injured now :( Also had a bit of a midfield injury crisis but seems to be easing now with Diaby back and Arteta, Song and Benayoun all back in 2 weeks or less.

Who was it? I'd comeback with a 'Calm' response. Wish there was a option saying 'Sit Down.'

It was van Persie.. I did a calm response and nothing changed.. But he did score 2 goals and assisted one in the second half of that game after the team talk. Wierd! :D

What role did you give Vrsjalko mate? Can`t see why he would complain if you gave him a `Rotation` or `Hot Prospect` role. Good Luck with the rest of you`r season.

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it was either Hot Prospect or Backup. Either way, doesn't matter. I signed Lee Hodson in January since he's U21 also and he's not getting a ton of games either way.

Ok injuries are really ****ing me off now. Im getting atleast 1 per game and it alays seems to be over a month. I have 7 first team players out and around 3-5 reserve players out. Sort it the **** out.

These injuries seemed to start from full game release, not the demo. whatever they changed its made this game worse.

Midway through December now and still undefeated in all competitions :D

Won 6 out of 6 in my Champs League group (including 2 wins against Milan), and Chamakh is my leading scorer so far. He's behind RVP in the pecking order but 3 hat-tricks so far means he is leading scorer! Miyaichi has looked promising when he has played, and has a couple of goals to his name. Not found much time to play Chamberlain yet, but he has also scored in the Carling Cup. My midfield injury crisis seems to be over, but just had Walcott break his leg so that's him out for the rest of the season. Looking forward to Wilshere getting back to full fitness, although it looks like he will be replacing Arteta whose form has been a bit patchy (when he's not injured), whilst Ramsey is leading the Premiership assist charts, so I'd feel bad about dropping him.

Most satisfying win so far was 2-0 against City. 1-0 in the 93rd minute, and Hart comes up for a City corner. We clear it and break, and Arshavin scores from inside his own half :D

After Park getting injured I had to buy a new striker as I only had Rhys Murphy fit in my first or reserve team. I went in and bought Leandro Damiao. I got him for £8 million upfront and a futher £8.5 million over 48 months, pretty good signing. Hope he performs well..

Edit: He scred 39 seconds into his debut.. A bit of light in the dark tunnel.

Hi Lads

Just started my Arsenal save after getting FM12 at the weekend, cant wait to get started and get into the league season! :)

Anyone signed any players who are on free transfes at the start of the season? I have been looking at Pires (for old times sake :grin:), Carlos Diogo, Mahmadou Diarra anyone think its worth bringing in any free transfers?

I know I have got £40m to spend and I hear you asking why are you even looking at free transfers :grin: but there are some good players to be had I think who add experience to our young team :). Anyone got any suggestions on players to buy? I was thinking of going for Vidal or MVila and a central defender (Jagielka maybe?) and a new left back (Baines?) and backup right back (Vsarjo the croatian kid) and maybe a striker any suggestions?

Also how do you do grin faces?

Looking forward to seeing fellow gooners in here :)

Regards

well time for a recap on my second season so far :cool:

League: Currently first and on a 30 match unbeaten run :) 31 if I beat Leicester, and I'm 3-0 up as I type :D Had some close calls in the run so far, but my season is 12 games through, 8 won and drawn 4. here are the results

WIns: Man City, Villa, Cardiff, Sunderland, West Brom, Chelsea, Man City, West Ham and Leicester

Draws: Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool and Blackburn

Cups: Carlin cup I'm into the quarter finals against Norwich, other teams are Man Utd vs Spurs, Blackpool vs Southampton and Wigan vs Middlesbrough

Champions league group contains Zenit, Graz and Atletico. Me and atletico going through, and ofcourse me top :D

No plans for any transfers in January, will browse a few regens but nothing major

Well what an awful start to this game:

A Newcastle 3-0 - Walcott (3)

A Standard 2-0 - Gervinho, Koscielny - UCL

H Liverpool 2-0 - Rosicky, Koscielny

H Standard 1-2 - Bolat og - UCL

A Man Utd 1-2 - Rosicky

H Swansea 2-0 - Mertesacker, Chamakh

H Marseille 0-0 - UCL

A Blackburn 2-1 - Chamakh (2)

H Wigan 3-2 - Gohouri og, Koscielny, Gervinho - CC - aet

H Bolton 1-1 - Vermaelen

A Rangers 2-4 - Chamberlain, Gervinho - UCL

A Tottenham 2-4 - Gervinho, Mertesacker

in short, something is wrong tactically, and am really not sure why

My Arsenal save is slow going, but I'm currently unbeaten using an experimental 3-1-2-3-1 formation. 3 CBs, Song anchoring, Arteta AP, Ramsey BBM, van Persie TQ behind Walcott, and Arshavin and Gervinho on the wings.

My only first team signing was Marvin Martin, who proceded to get injured 4 minutes into his debut in a firendly, but Xerdhan Shaqiri (sp.) is looking promising as an impact sub.

So far:

H - Swansea - 2-2 - Draw

H - Standard - 3-0 - Win

A - Liverpool - 2-2 - Draw

A - Standard - 1-2 - Win

H - Villa - 2-2 - Draw

A - Stoke - 1-2 - Win

So you can see my tactic scores consistently, but leaks goals almost as regularly. I have a problem hanging on to leads in the league, and I concede from set pieces. So far, so Arsenal.

One problem I'm getting is van Persie doesn't seem to respect me at all, and he and Arteta complained of a lack of discipline in the dressing room. I'm not sure what he's talking about.

I was just wondering how people were going about turning Chamberlain into a great player. He's obviously not good enough to start, his determination is too low to loan him out. I'm guessing that having him tutored by RVP would be the most effective way of getting the best out of him. Any ideas welcome, cheers

Started well with Arsenal 2 points behind Man Utd in 2nd played 9 games only lost 1 to Man Utd 2-1 should have beaten them.

Starting line up

1. Almunia at moment as he was complaining about not having game time.

2. Sagna consistant

3. Santos at moment but Gibbs has played a few.

CB Vermaelen

CB Koscleny but Mertasacker has played well but gave him a chance.

RM Walcott steady away

CM Song sitting player but just started playing Frimpong in odd game and come up with 7 ratings

CM Arteta

LM Arshavin

CF Van Persie got around 10 this year

CF Chamakh started poor but is on fire at moment including 4 goals in a 5-2 win at Ajax in champs league.

Other players

Chamberlain: Using him off bench at mo but not scored yet.

Chu Young: Comes up with odd goal decent ish.

Gervinho: Done ok in games he played.

I also went first 6 league games without conceding a goal which is was quite pleased with for Arsenal lol

Also i have Shawcross £15mill and Rossi £35mill who i got the board to sort the rossi deal out in january

I feel that I've neglected poor Chambo. He clearly has massive potential, but I've been using Shaqiri ahead of him so far. He didn't even make my CL squad. I'm going to have to get him tutored...and I've got a Carling Cup game next against Bolton (my game imitating real life again).

Update

A Chelsea 3-1 - Mertesacker, Ramsey, Chamakh

A Rosenborg 2-0 - Chamakh (2) - UCL

H West Brom 2-0 - van Persie, Walcott

A Norwich 3-0 - Walcott (2), Ramsey

A Marseille 1-1 - Mertesacker - UCL

H Fulham 2-1 - Mertesacker, Chamberlain

H Wolves 3-2 - Chamberlain, Chamakh, Park - aet - CC

A Wigan 3-0 - van Persie, Alcaraz og (2)

H Rangers 3-1 - Rosicky, van Persie, Walcott - UCL

H Everton 2-0 - Arshavin (2)

League Cup Semi Finals

Arsenal v Stoke

Blackpool v Portsmouth

FA Cup Round 3

Arsenal v Southampton

UEFA Champions League Group H

1 - Arsenal - 11

2 - Marseille - 11

3 - Rangers - 9

4 - Rosenborg - 1

Knockout Round Draw

Dortmund v Arsenal

Premier League

1 - Tottenham - 15 - 35

2 - Arsenal - 14 - 34

3 - Man City - 14 - 32

4 - Man Utd - 15 - 30

5 - Liverpool - 15 - 28

Spurs are doing well in your save Llama, they are struggling in mine. Redknapp will get sacked soon enough :D

i hope he gets the england job in real life, means he can stop being irritatingly good against us with spurs. i miss the days we used to toy with them and abuse them every time

how is chamakh scoring so much for evey1 else but he is useless for me? i play 2 up front usually walcott as a poacher and rvp as trequista (sp.?) but rvp got injured and ive ben playin chamakh as an advanced forward for the last 6-8 games and has returned 1 goal and 1 assist. ive tried encouraging his as his morale is low but stil nothing. any suggestions?

Just loaded an arsenal game as it looks a good challenge. My only signing so far has been Chiellini for 19m. I have agreements in place for Asamoah (13.5M) and Honda (15M), just wanted thoughts on whether people would sign either of them? Or should I have faith in the likes of arteta, ramsey, song, coquelin and frimpong? Also is it worth keeping arshavin? The first round of talks didn't result in him signing a contract and with him being in his final year and on big money do I sell? In my first friendly he was star man and chipped in with 2 goals playing in the treq role behind the main striker, which gave me food for thought...

Lost 3-1 to Man U in the Carling Cup Final. I wanted to end the 6 year drought so I put out a full strength team, and they hammer me with a half-strength team! :(

Also, 2-1 down to Zenit in the Champs League 2nd Round. Although I did knock out United in the FA Cup, next round is QPR.

League is very close. Into February and am level on points with United but we're top by goal difference (only like 2-3 though)

Wilshere is back now as well. What's the best way to play him? He's had a couple of 20-45 minute cameos so far, playing as a CM (Advanced Playmaker, Attack), what works best?

Just loaded an arsenal game as it looks a good challenge. My only signing so far has been Chiellini for 19m. I have agreements in place for Asamoah (13.5M) and Honda (15M), just wanted thoughts on whether people would sign either of them? Or should I have faith in the likes of arteta, ramsey, song, coquelin and frimpong? Also is it worth keeping arshavin? The first round of talks didn't result in him signing a contract and with him being in his final year and on big money do I sell? In my first friendly he was star man and chipped in with 2 goals playing in the treq role behind the main striker, which gave me food for thought...

Will Honda qualify for a work permit? My scouts have been telling me he won't qualify, but I really want him!

Archived