Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

A few people have asked for it, so to make it easier i'll post it on here instead.

I don't use any OI's or tweaks, i use this tactic all the time home and away with no tweaks.

Match preparation: i have it set on none and average workload.

Pitch size: i use the biggest pitch size available. (mine atm is 118 by 76)

I've used my own settings for corners and free kicks. Make sure who ever is playing on the right wing takes both the right and left corners. (As he's set to offer the short option, but you don't want him doing that. So have him taking the corners).

I get a few goals from corners now and again, it can be good for unlocking those games your dominating but struggling for a goal.

The left centre midfielder is still the playmaker on mine, so make sure you set him as the playmaker.

Upfront use a quick/poacher type of a striker, not sure if a Drogba style striker would work. My backup striker is more of a target man but i don't play him much. I normally bring him on as a sub with 10 mins to go, but when i have started him he has chipped in with an headed goal every now and then.

68564642.th.png

37773384.th.png

But your better off with a quick striker who can burst inbehind the defense.

Hope it works. :thup:

Download.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm..

Decided to try a little thing with the Home tactic..

Moved the MLC to AMC behind the striker, and moved the wingers in to AMC as well to make a 4-2-3-1 formation.

First match ended in a 4-0 win at home to Hertha Berlin. 20 shots! 5 CCC! and 71% possession!

Going to test this out a little more! ;)

With no Wingers? 3 MAC ? Please tell me if it worked :)

Can you have the same succes if you play in Text Mode rather than tv view ? Someone ??

If playing in text Mode, it will be harder to read the game and make ingame tweaks. If one is crap at reading the game and judging what to do, ten its probably better to use text mode though ;D

Bakermush really would like if you can upload your skin...Love it..

Hi i'm still working on getting it into it's own folder, i tried the other day but it didn't work.

I've been enjoying my save too much at the moment to spend time on it, but i'll have another look at it soon.

1st season in the Championship and like last season we are predicted 24th and i selected "attempt to avoid relegation".

Into January and we are currently sitting 5th.

97097961.th.png

There as been a couple of games every now and then when we are not dominating the possession as much against some teams this season. I think it's because most of my team are rated as 2 or 2 & half stars at Championship level. Although we are still getting between 56% - 59% possession in these games, which is still high i think.

But in most other games we are still getting the usual 62% + possession. :thup:

64944246.th.png

I really was expecting us to struggle this season and be in a relegation scrap with the players i have, but so far we are in the play off promotion race.

Hi i'm still working on getting it into it's own folder, i tried the other day but it didn't work.

I've been enjoying my save too much at the moment to spend time on it, but i'll have another look at it soon.

just win raw the folder of the skin you are using now that will do the trick. also send me your skin please xxx

Hi Barkermush. I wonder what kind of players you recommend on each position? Iam gonna give your tactic a go =)

I'd say the same as what Real Madrid as recommended in the original post. :thup:

I've only changed 1 player setting in my tactic and that's the striker.

The freekick/corners set up and the striker settings are the only things i've changed.

You need a quick/ energetic striker as the striker gets about the pitch alot, with his high closing down/roam from posistion/creative freedom etc.

Slow strikers struggle with this set up, my back up striker only has 8 and 9 for pace and acceleration and he does poor because he's too slow to do all the movement and get back up the pitch to join in the attack, so you need a pacey striker.

Also try and get a right winger who's good at corners, as you will always want to set your right winger as taking the left and right corners with my tweaked tactic.

It doesn't matter if your right winger isn't good at corners still set him to take them, because that's how i have set the corner routine up.

My back up right winger is only 8 at corners but i still set him to take them, and he does well enough. :)

Well we did it, won promotion at the first attempt, against a Coventry side who had just been relegated from the Premier League the season before where as we had just come up from League One.

We just couldn't get a goal and i thought it was going to be one of those days when it went to penalties. (i only had 2 good penalty takers on the field).

But we were superb with our penalties and Coventry bottled it, though we deserved to win it before the shootout to be honest.

84670787.th.png

17235138.th.png

Taken Bradford from the Confrence to the Premier League in just 4 seasons. :D

This lad has scored an Hatrick in every League from the Confrence to the Championship on our way up, I wonder if he can get one in the Premier League.

38721358.th.png

Only 26 goals this season, but a higher standard of League and he got 14 assist's too.

@ Barkermush: Regarding your tactic, you mentioned you made just 2 changes (striker & corners) I was wondering if it was the original tactic from the OP you tweaked or was it the more recent Home/Away tactics Realmadrid posted?

Thanks.

its the original tactic mate

@ Barkermush: Regarding your tactic, you mentioned you made just 2 changes (striker & corners) I was wondering if it was the original tactic from the OP you tweaked or was it the more recent Home/Away tactics Realmadrid posted?

Thanks.

Yeah, it's the original standard tactic that i've tweaked. :thup:

Yeah, it's the original standard tactic that i've tweaked. :thup:

Cool, Thanks. Yeah I kinda realised that later on after looking at settings from the original and the Home/Away updated tactics lol.

Oh and btw, Realmadrid_2007: I do feel as if the Original works better for me, It retains more possession for my team and generally seems more solid in defence but albeit doesn't look as dangerous going forward, although Barkermush's tweaked version might just help with that, fingers crossed.

Okay, this tactic is brilliant, and a joy to watch. My first season, I was with tfc, who were predicted 7th out of an 8 team league, but I took them to 1st, (although losing in the playoffs.) I took over Hull, who were struggling near the bottom of the Championship, and I got them all the way to 2nd place with only a few signings.

Now, this season I'm in the EPL, I've bought some great players for hull (Walker, Adam, McArthur, Johnson, Hargreaves, etc.) but the tactic has inexplicably shut off for me, even against worse teams. Could it be that the AI has learned the tactic and I need to change it for a few seasons, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi Barkermush, For the playmaker role what kind of player suits best? A more offensive playmaker or a more defensive playmaker? Is it important for him to have high stats in Flair?

And as for the RCM should i use an attacking midfielder there?

Ive soon finished my first season with your tactic and i dominate every game but some game i have trouble scooring or hitting goal i should say but i still already won the league so nice tactic =)

Hi Barkermush, For the playmaker role what kind of player suits best? A more offensive playmaker or a more defensive playmaker? Is it important for him to have high stats in Flair?

Ive soon finished my first season with your tactic and i dominate every game but some game i have trouble scooring or hitting goal i should say but i still already won the league so nice tactic =)

Hi good stuff. :thup:

Yeah i get that sometimes, where you have games where you struggle for a goal or hit the target. But i guess it's the same in real life, everybody as bad days, but overall this tactic as done well for me. (4 straight promotions with an average squad).

Erm my playmaker had poor stats for tackling/pace etc. But he did have 15 for passing & creativity and 12 for technique, he also had the ppms "dictates tempo" and "trys long range passes".

So i'd see more of a deep lying creative type player [Miguel Veloso etc] as he's still set to "rarely" for forward runs in my tweaked tactic.

hi Barkermush,nice tactic! ;)

60 -70 % possession and good defense...but i have some difficult to score and to create clean chances...how can i resolve?

Credit must go to Real Madrid 2007 not me, he put all the hardwork in creating this tactic. I only tweaked the corner/free kick set up of the formation and the Striker settings, I don't want to steal his glory.

Are you struggling for goals in everygame or just some? What sort of Striker are you using upfront?

Erm yeah i do, this is the lad i've used in the RCM since League 2.

40108484.th.png

Obviously he's improved over the years but most of his stats have been around the same. (He was only rated as 2 stars in the Championship last season and now only 1 and half stars in the Premier League). He also has the ppm "knocks ball past opponent" don't know if that helps or not.

Hi Guys

I used the new home tactic. My save is with Chelsea and i just wanted to report back that using it for 33 games, winning 29 and drawing 4 my goals for was 73 and against was 11.

Just wanted to say thank you to you guys for all your hard work

Hi, I'm using the original tactic.

Seem to be quite leaky through set pieces, is it worth just changing match prep to defending set pieces?

Also, is the Home/Away set more solid at the back?

Or shall I stick with original

Question 1 - Yeah quite a few people have noticed that, I haven't tried defending set pieces in match prep so dunno.

Question 2 - IMHO no, I think the Original is more solid at the back, you could always use Barkermush's tweaked set pieces tactic with the only other change to it from the Original being the striker settings.

Question 3 - Up to you, I prefer the original. Why don't you give them both a test? I always do that with slightly tweaked versions of the same tactic .

Which tactic would you recommend?

Barkamush? is that tactic on this thread?

How long did it take for your players to gel towards the tactic?

Struggling to get the goals now.

Not doing too bad, but seems like pretty sloppy errors after dominating the whole game

I'm playing as Manchester City and have been having great results with home and away version of this tactic. I won Premier League, FA Cup, Carling Cup and Europa League in the first season. My lineup: Hart - Mongongu, Kompany, Lescott (scored 15 goals from the corners in the league), Richards - Toure, De Jong, Milner - Silva, Tevez - Dzeko (scored 31 goals in 35 games in the league). Great so far!

http://img600.imageshack.us/f/results1.jpg/

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/results2z.jpg/

http://img340.imageshack.us/i/results3.jpg/

http://img62.imageshack.us/i/dzeko.jpg/

http://img852.imageshack.us/i/lescotty.jpg/

Had a fantastic first season with FC Porto! I won everything! http://img23.imageshack.us/i/portoh.png/

I used the Home tactic throughout the season, the only tweak I made was setting the full backs to normal tackling. I also tweaked tempo and time wasting throughout the game which worked a treat as I scored some vital goals and mounted some great comebacks, while hardly ever conceding late on!

I beat Lille, PSV, Juventus + Tottenham in the Europa League knockout stages before demolishing Valencia 4-1 in the final too, which was great as I considered my squad to be only average because my only signings were Gili Vermut (400k) and Nacer Chadli (loan).

Thanks RealMadrid your work is much appreciated.

i've been tweaking the attack alot thought the pre season so lost count of what ive done but the shape is still 4-3-3 with wide wingers alongside the strike.

i've put the striker mentality at18 notches.

here a scree shot of how its going at min

Barclays_Premier_League_Information_League_Tab.png

when done further testing i will upload it if worth it

i've been tweaking the attack alot thought the pre season so lost count of what ive done but the shape is still 4-3-3 with wide wingers alongside the strike.

i've put the striker mentality at18 notches.

here a scree shot of how its going at min

Barclays_Premier_League_Information_League_Tab.png

when done further testing i will upload it if worth it

Looking awesome mate...Glad your doing so well...Would love to test with your tweaks perhaps. Cheers

I'd say the same as what Real Madrid as recommended in the original post. :thup:

I've only changed 1 player setting in my tactic and that's the striker.

The freekick/corners set up and the striker settings are the only things i've changed.

You need a quick/ energetic striker as the striker gets about the pitch alot, with his high closing down/roam from posistion/creative freedom etc.

Slow strikers struggle with this set up, my back up striker only has 8 and 9 for pace and acceleration and he does poor because he's too slow to do all the movement and get back up the pitch to join in the attack, so you need a pacey striker.

Also try and get a right winger who's good at corners, as you will always want to set your right winger as taking the left and right corners with my tweaked tactic.

It doesn't matter if your right winger isn't good at corners still set him to take them, because that's how i have set the corner routine up.

My back up right winger is only 8 at corners but i still set him to take them, and he does well enough. :)

The bit about corners....utter nonsense. Set your best corner taker to take corners, he'll do it better. Then get the right winger to do whatever you had the corner-taker doing in your setup.

I just hope the rest of you tactical advice is more sound than this, or that people dont listen.

For a while I thought this was an April Fool's joke, then I saw you posted it a couple of days ago...

The bit about corners....utter nonsense. Set your best corner taker to take corners, he'll do it better. Then get the right winger to do whatever you had the corner-taker doing in your setup.

I just hope the rest of you tactical advice is more sound than this, or that people dont listen.

For a while I thought this was an April Fool's joke, then I saw you posted it a couple of days ago...

lol very friendly of you. ;)

Or how about you edit the set peices to be more solid and upload it for everybody to use if your such an expert? :D

My right winger is the best corner taker in my team, hence why i have him taking the corners in my set up... so it does make sense to me.

I told people this because if they set there left winger to take corners he will often pass the corner short to the right winger who's set to "offer the short option." And the corners are not as threatening this way...

Yeah people can swap the corner routine of which ever player they have taking the corner with the right winger setup but it's easier just to set your right winger to take the corners.

Sorry but you are out of order. How arrogant are you?

lol very friendly of you. ;)

Or how about you edit the set peices to be more solid and upload it for everybody to use if your such an expert? :D

My right winger is the best corner taker in my team, hence why i have him taking the corners in my set up... so it does make sense to me.

I told people this because if they set there left winger to take corners he will often pass the corner short to the right winger who's set to "offer the short option." And the corners are not as threatening this way...

Yeah people can swap the corner routine of which ever player they have taking the corner with the right winger setup but it's easier just to set your right winger to take the corners.

Ok, sorry, maybe I was a bit harsh. If it works for you then thats great.

just win raw the folder of the skin you are using now that will do the trick. also send me your skin please xxx

Barkermush

any news on your skin?

Nice work Bakermush -- You're dominating English football with your tweaked versions. I like your updates, it's interesting to see the progress :D

I've posted a small update about a few tweaks of my own. Hopefully you can try it with your set piece routine and see how it goes, also checking to see if any more of your tweaks can be implemented in this tactic. Thanks

Archived