Knap FM11.3 Tactics

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can convert to Classic as still single philosophy (plug and play), but I would use the TC to make a control and counter tactic and then convert these to classic as well.

TM is really a quick forward like Defoe but quick and good in air would probably be better.

You can convert to Classic as still single philosophy (plug and play), but I would use the TC to make a control and counter tactic and then convert these to classic as well.

TM is really a quick forward like Defoe but quick and good in air would probably be better.

thank you for the reply, suarez for liverpool is a beast with this

The testing I did a little while ago would suggest that maximum performance is obtained by using the recommended pitch size for tactic. Minimum pitch size tactics probably allow much heavier closing down to be used and this has been a feature of FM09 and FM10 tactics.

With the final patch I will set up a test game for max pitch size but it takes time to test so many variables.

I've always preferred the maximum as I'm the attacking team at home, however, even top teams appear to perform better on min pitch size at home so the logic is to use a min pitch size. For test purposes, it may be say a difference of 6 pts over a season, so it is not that easy to obtain a clear indication which is the better option without using the extremes.

There is no reason not to use a standard pitch size and this pitch size may be best of both worlds.

I'm having great results with the tactic from the OP. But I'm 10 years in and have probably the best players in the Premier League with Southampton :) Basically the thing to look after most are the fitness levels of your players. If you are able to have 2 good players in each position (and some of the more versatile to cover injuries) you're pretty much guaranteed wins :) I did 2 seasons with this tactic winning everything and changing between two sets of equally good 11 players.

I do not have any preconcieved ideas about players< but just try to use the best players I can in their natural positions for the tactical formation. This is Spurs squad but I use same tactic if I'm playing Woking but you will need to buy or use free players with Woking.

tottenhamhotspurtottenh.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I do not have any preconcieved ideas about players< but just try to use the best players I can in their natural positions for the tactical formation. This is Spurs squad but I use same tactic if I'm playing Woking but you will need to buy or use free players with Woking.

tottenhamhotspurtottenh.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

in this pic of the tactic. well ive downloaded every 1 & cant find it, could you give me the link please

They are old tactics that I use as a base.

I was out all day yesterday so have your tactic and Matts to have a look at sometime today.

Thanks knap appreciate it. I do think it has potential. Matts looks good aswell. Maybe make a trio combined 442 :p

Look forward to it

Knap, do u use a previous tact as a base? I ask u this because i am willing to tweak ur 4222 into a 4231, but wouldn´t the player roles selected at the wizard version influence player´s behaviour?

Thanks

matt

I will PM results when I find some time to test.

Boogiept

There is already a 4231 just a TC version. I have now realised this does not convert to classic and will try to set up a classic version.

Shiraz

I will try a 451 but DM tactics tend to need a new base tactic compared to 2 Mcs. The best recent 451 was Red Hot Dutch a TylerBode spin off.

Knap

Surely this tactic the the wrong one??? It has the worst defence I have ever seen! The goalkeeper never comes out for the ball, also the centre back never close down opposition forwards and let them just run through. Maybe this is ME or you may have posted the wrong tactic, but its awful! Just got humped 5-1 by Celtic in the league, and seriously I have never used a tactic of yours before where you can see so many problems.

Steve

Knap

The results were so bad I never kept the save, but I just used your tactic again, against Celtic and this was the result:

celticvrangerssplitview.jpg

Not good for me at all, sorry. I'm gutted as well, as i'm a big fan of your tactics, as you know.

Steve

Steve

Just send your Rangers save and I can pick up the Celtic game. However, if you are trying a new tactic away to Celtic there is a high probabilty of a big fail. Can work other way with a good win but usually with trying tactics I use high morale and an easy starter game just to bed tactic.

Corners and long throws are a problem area and I 've tried close down taker but I think it's is broken. Open to ideas on this one.

If not using a DM then it is open down middle and often the AI will use 5 at back. Its a risk closing earlier from the CB as opens a gap at back, and at end of day cannot eliminate all risks. I may look closer at Nike defence set up.

whatever you'd prefer knap

I prefer 4-3-3 with 3 strikers up top,but if you want to do it the 4-5-1 way,anything would be appreciated

I use your 4-2-3-1 at home

and 4-4-2 away

works well

In theory you should be able to make ant formation from a preferred back 4 set up. The right MC is a DM, the two wingers can be wide forwards and left striker AMC or MC. With a classic tactic to be defensive reduce runs add TW and attacking add runs.

If you have a good variation tactic post it up with results for others to try.

i´ll play a few more games with it. If it worths it i´ll share. The problem in this patch is to find consistency. One game i trash the opponent, while another one my team seem to behave like amateurs.

Archived