Knap FM11.3 Tactics

Preveza

I have nothing against the TC. In fact I was asked for a TC Plug and Play 4231 and I duly obliged. TC tactics can easily be used as plug and play.

The problem with the TC, is that as tactics they do not produce the optimum results when I test them. I have been testing these type of tactics and shouts since FM07, but they are just not of a high enough standard to release as a tactic.

Can you send me the TC tactic you are using with Crewe or just your game and I will have a look for myself. Oddly I used to support Spurs and Crewe.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knap

The last few tactics that you have released haven't really been that successful for me, but I'm glad they work for you. Still those results above look immense! Will try out your next tactic with my Chelsea team when released.

Steve

Steve

I've been trying to buy the young English talent to see how they progress with Chelsea . I've only just bought Walker from Wolves as despite having a transfer budget they don't want to join Chelsea from other major clubs.

Have you found a good 442? or are you using other formations.

The best 2 tactics I've found were both made by JP Woody, the first 1 was 11.2 high scoring 424 which was amazing! Then the other is his Brian Cloug 442, which is over on the Fmbase forum.

Every other tactic I have tried has been pretty poor, unfortunately.

Steve

Knap would like if you could test with a lower league team aswell. IMO, a half decent tactic can be top with Chelsea. Your tactics are my favorite without a doubt, but just putting it out there :)

I could test this updated version in the lower leagues if you like?

Steve

Yes I still set up that way so Lampard MCL and Essien MCR and for me Aguero/Sturridge STL and Torres STR. Kalou I use at LM.

hey knap, good night, im excited to try your work, im with Sporting de Portugal atm, watching your work on Chelsea, could you say or give the tactics that you use for base, for control and to try the goal, and if you have some advice for Sporting i would accept :D (btw am at january and in 3rd place, im in a run of wins and draws, not very good lol, but i can still catch benfica and porto ;p)

Thanks.

Anjo

Kamatez

I use a single philosphy style and I theerfore trust the tactic and players to try the goal. I do not see a need to change tactics. A good example was a match I played last night. In a 2nd leg game I went down early 3-0 against MU but after a half time team talk of disappointed the team made a comeback without changing players or tactics. Change for change sake is not a good idea.

In big games or against top quality teams, if I remember, I use a Shut up Shop tactic which is the Tic Tac Tactic on this forum. If I get a player sent off I use Brobs tactic removing the left MC and leave 3 up front.

The Latest tactic does use width and looks to spread play to wingers. The prevoius rock tactic is a narrow tactic but both are flat 442.

Kamatez

I use a single philosphy style and I theerfore trust the tactic and players to try the goal. I do not see a need to change tactics. A good example was a match I played last night. In a 2nd leg game I went down early 3-0 against MU but after a half time team talk of disappointed the team made a comeback without changing players or tactics. Change for change sake is not a good idea.

In big games or against top quality teams, if I remember, I use a Shut up Shop tactic which is the Tic Tac Tactic on this forum. If I get a player sent off I use Brobs tactic removing the left MC and leave 3 up front.

The Latest tactic does use width and looks to spread play to wingers. The prevoius rock tactic is a narrow tactic but both are flat 442.

Which version of the Tic Tac tactic do you use? Going to give The Rock a go with Newcastle, so I might need a SUS tactic quite a bit! Signed Ola Toivonen to play the left sided striker role (more of a deep lying striker yes?) and Gamerio to play the other role. Tiote & Barton in the middle, with Lee Chung-Yong on the right, and Ben Arfa on the left.

Knap finished 5th with Crystal Palace and lost in the playoffs. Great season considering I had an average squad. One question though. Where do I put the better finisher or poacher, and where does the creator or DLF go?

And if your working on an even better 442, cant imagine how good it would be mate.

Which version of the Tic Tac tactic do you use? Going to give The Rock a go with Newcastle, so I might need a SUS tactic quite a bit! Signed Ola Toivonen to play the left sided striker role (more of a deep lying striker yes?) and Gamerio to play the other role. Tiote & Barton in the middle, with Lee Chung-Yong on the right, and Ben Arfa on the left.

Mate, when I want to SUS, I put my FB's on forward runs rarely, and same applies to the wingers. I also increase time wasting and mentality. Seems to do the trick

Preveza

With forwards I will change them around, up front is flexible. I have a choice of 6 forwards and mix and match all season depending upon injuries or needing a rest.

That's my usual type of SUS although I prefer to keep winger runs for an outlet and is probably my preference, but just wanted to try another idea. Have you tried the post 213 SUS?

havent tried it as yet Knap, but will download it now and definitely use it when I want to hold a lead, preferably used after 70ish mins or so.

Loving the latest 442 mate. Starting second season now

knap starting a new save with portsmouth could you recommend what tactics to use ?

Tactic in post 266 mate. Using this with Crystal Palace and its doing great. All you need to do is buy good players and let the tactic do the rest.

Also hire a quality Assman to do the teamtalks

Knap

Using the new 442 and have to say results so far have been amazing:

olympiquelyonnaislyonfi.jpg

Have been using it Plug and Play, not used any of the other tactics, I know you use tic tak to see out a game, but I will wait until you release a SUS for this 442 :) The only negative thing about this tactic is that the opposition often create alot of chances, and keep alot of possession, oh and I would like to see the right centre back scoring more goals from corners, then it would feel alot more like the old Oxford tactic from FM08.

Do you leave match prep to assistant?

Steve

Preveza

With forwards I will change them around, up front is flexible. I have a choice of 6 forwards and mix and match all season depending upon injuries or needing a rest.

That's my usual type of SUS although I prefer to keep winger runs for an outlet and is probably my preference, but just wanted to try another idea. Have you tried the post 213 SUS?

What is SUS?

Knap

Loving the latest 442 mate.

I have two queries however.

The STR has forward runs and run with ball to often I believe, whilst the STL doesnt. Does the suggest I put my little man, or poacher on the right, and the more creative striker and hard working one on the left?

And secondly, do you have a tactic that we could use when needing a goal or two quickly? Atm, I simply reduce time wasting to max rarely, and increase runs on my fullbacks and that seems to do the trick

Look forward to yet another update

Forwards are trial and error but starting line up and, I seldom change, I would use Aguero or Sturridge on left. Torres has been injured for a few months so I used Sturridge on left and Aguero on right. With England I use Rooney on left and Carroll on right.

Players knowing a system or style of play is IMO more important than constant changes so I just let the team if determined make the comeback. Your idea is a good one and worth trying if you feel the need . I will try to set a get a goal tactic up but opportunities to test are very limited as I don't really need such a tactic.

I've tried TC overload and defensive tactics but TBH they are pants.

I cant believe this. I know this is a big call, but this is my BIGGEST result in the history of FM/CM. Was astonished really. The key: Morale, and team chemistry. Dont overbuy, and keep a similar squad together and you will dominate.

Sanogo and Villalva both on loan so will struggle in the EPL if i dont buy similar players.

unledna.png

Love FM again

Steve

I am actually trying a reverse set up with Torres left and Aguero right. However I have a newgen and just bought Harry Kane both AM/STs. I called Kane up for England and played him on left and he delievered a Hat Trick and my newgen scores well from left slot. I am very flexible up front and basically if not scoring will change them around before thinking about a sub.

Archived