MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-playmakers can be used with any tactic...although unless u have a very bad team with only one good player theres no reason why u'd wan to.

-I leave counterattack on always, without u will be tighter defensively but u'll miss those golden oppurtunities.

-Afew people have suggested that V3 scores less, try adding the old striker settings from V2 and c if that helps.

i didnt use v2 i jumped from v1 to v3

im playing arsenal and the fixture was away to reading and decided to try something to throw the AI off

i unticked target man before going into the match then at the pre match screen i changed focus passing to mixed, removed the barrows from my wingbacks and started the match.

The match started dull and was boring then reading changed to a 4-2-4 after 20 mins so

i ticked target man

put barrows on the wingbacks

set my striker to free role

upped the tempo to quick

set my target man's mentality from normal to attacking and hey presto i totally dominated and banged in 3 on the trot!

I made some adjustments at half time which were

set the tempo back to slow

changed target man supply to mixed

passing to both flanks

moved defence line to normal

lowered the farrows on the two ML-MR to half

at 70 mins made subs then changed;

Target mans mentality to normal

removed farrows for ML-MR

unticked counter attack

unticked freerole for striker

put left arrow on striker

focused passing down the left

So far in doing this iv played 7 won 5 draw 2 (chelsea away, werder breman away) scored 18 conceded 3

bearing in mind im rotating my players as i like to give the young ones a chance.

but i do find doing this really throws the opposition off really well and im now getting allot more possesion and goal scoring opportunities

Whoo!! Starting off as a League 2 manager, now 12 seasons in, and after using this tactic for 4 seasons, tweaking all the way, I am finally on track to win a major trophy (Argentinian Premier Division). 19 games played, 11 won, 5 drawn, 3 lost, currently on a win streak of 6 in a row. Thanks Fuss!!!

Hi~everybody,

it's late at night in Europe,isn't it?Wish you have a good dreamicon_smile.gif

Nice work,matlamont!I will consult your advice to look which can fit my team.Thanks a lot^_^

Where is Lambs?Not come yesterday...

Fuss,

It's your excellent tactic and your patience for each question making me becoming regular icon_smile.gif

It's so nice to see you said"good to have you around" and i am proud of having a so kind "in the same camp" foreign friend like you.

Now I find a situation when everytime my team lose goal:It's fault of passing between MC and DC,my MC(always DMC)pass back ball to the outside of forbidden zone(between DC and keeper),my DC boys not catch the ball and my goalkeeper far away.So opponet's striker always run fast to get ball before my DC and then score the goal.Any suggestion to change this condition?

Have a good day,everyone

å°é£Ž 敬上 icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now I find a situation when everytime my team lose goal:It's fault of passing between MC and DC,my MC(always DMC)pass back ball to the outside of forbidden zone(between DC and keeper),my DC boys not catch the ball and my goalkeeper far away.So opponet's striker always run fast to get ball before my DC and then score the goal.Any suggestion to change this condition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

play direct passing instead of shot passing for your DMC.

Decrease your defense line so that your defenders will not be out run so often.

Just a suggestion not sure if im totally right.

Are you absolutely certain it's a good idea to have Tackling: Hard for the MC?

Because my mc keeps collecting those red little cards like he's a communist or something when that's on...

So I changed it to Normal icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsl:

Are you absolutely certain it's a good idea to have Tackling: Hard for the MC?

Because my mc keeps collecting those red little cards like he's a communist or something when that's on...

So I changed it to Normal icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think it depends on the type of player there. if he has poor tackling yet going in hard definately you are asking for trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Honwstly i leave for a couple of days and theres a page of arguments, please take it outta my thread lads.

FOR THOSE NOT DOING TO WELL:

3 different people added me to MSN saying that they wern't having much luck...they ALL had the same problem:

-MAKE SURE YOU DRAG YOUR TARGET MEN INTO THE TARGET-MAN BOX IN TACTICAL SETTINGS SCREEN!!!

Seriously, u have to set-up the target men, jus as u do with captains and playmakers...a player wont be a target man just because you put him in the correct position.

----------------

I'm currently working on a brand new tacic in a different formation as i got bored, I'll keep you posted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually had way more success when i took i Alan Smith away from the "target man-drag box".

Just for your info icon_smile.gif

Gramstrup - Works differently for different people, I'm forever playign with the striker settings...basically it largely depends on your strikers, you've got to find the best settings for them.

KiyoharuX/jsl - I consider the DMC style MC the last ditch hope to stop a ball before it gets to your defenders, and once its that far there always the chance of a goal - even if slim. Most DMC style players have very godo tackling, hence it's set to hard. But no harm will come from lowering it abit.

windclou - Swap his passing to more direct, and experiment with thedefensive line:

=upping it will close the gap between defenders and mid-field, but will leave space behinde the defenders.

=Lowering it will have the defenders hang back more, but leaves more space between them and midfield.

Cheers all, currently working on a non-target man version, mostly for kicks.

another thing i may add is if you play with a deep defensive line, put a barrow on your DMC to pick up the ball from the defenders. Or if your defending hevily then put him into the DMC position.

I allways set the passing for the defenders to match their attributes and check the stats screen to see to see their pass attempt and pass completed ratio and adjust accordingly

Right then.

I have read all the threads ie. bluntblade, Flabarama, Wolverine etc etc.

i have had a look at my Derby team and have decided that this is the frame on which to build my tactic.

Target Man - Big Steve Howard is a beast and is ideal for this

Nippy Striker - Arturo Luopli is god in this role.

I also have a nice range of midifelders and will use my money to stengthen my defence.

I think this will work really well and am looking forward to trying it

You need to read the thread mate, wont take u long, all the info you could possibly need is in here. And if u havnt read itthe tactic will likely not work as well as it could do as u've missed all the must read Tips sections.

FusS, thank you so much

I think the smoking popes wrote it best when they said

"I don't know if you saved my life, but you changed it that's for sure"

I was having a real struggle with all my own and other tactics before you created this. I've been using v1 but i'm ready for v3 now, can't wait to see how it performs.

I recommend u give V2 a try as well.

V2 is quite similar to V1 so you shouldn't have any trouble with it at all....V3 has alot of changes and u may find your team need a while to adjust to it.

Good luck and cheers for the comments.

I'm currently trying V3 with Spurs. Its not quite going to plan...

I'm struggling to score - frankly you would think with a strike force of Berbatov, Mido, Keane and Defoe, goals would be of little concern. We seem to create lots of chances, but few reach the target. I think some of that is down to training, so I'm looking to recruit a top-class coach to improve their shooting stats.

Defensively, it seems to be holding up well. I do tend to drop the Defensive Line down to about 9 for most games and barrow the MCR (the more defensive) to the DM position for most games.

I've found that setting the tempo higher (15 as opposed to 5) has improved the amount of control we have in a game. I always thought that a lower tempo was a means of keeping possession, but upping it in this tactic seems to have a dramatic positive impact. Any thoughts as to why that should be?

I've just recently changed the FC settings to those in V2 as they seem to suit my strikers better than the V3 settings.

Overall, a little inconsistent right now, but the changes I've made seem to be having a positive impact. I still rate this as a good base tactic.

I'll try the amended settings on my Swindon game idc and report back.

Hi everybody~ Wish a good day

Lambs still not come...

Thanks for Fuss,KiyoharuX,I will try the suggestion later.I will make a move to a new house this week.After that,I will find which is fit for my team.

Tips: put a man into Target Men board is very important !!

Explain it by an recently match of my team(Man Unit),VS Celtic,first half,not target man,the record is 2:2;and second half,I put the right FC(Saha)into the target man board(Alan Smith is better,but this match i arrange him to rest),in the end of the match,is 4 : 2,we win.Saha score two goals second half.One is corner,the other is counterattack and assist by Rooney.

It's all,today's post icon_smile.gif

Good luck everyone.

å°é£Ž 敬上

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matlamont:

different versions of the tactic, versions 1 2 and 3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No on tips and tweaks, I am using the downloaded one on the very first post, where are there other versions?

jonafan70 - for hard games theres a coupel of things u can do:

=Player narrower - this simply puts more men infront of the goal and in the box.

=Switch to 4-1-4-1 - i use this for games I think are gunna be really tough and i'd be more than happy with just a draw, leave ur target man up and use a DMC instead of a second striker.

=Swtich to 4-1-3-2 - move the MCR back actually into the DMC position.

=play with the tempo, alot of people are getting good results just by upping the tempo, this works well if u have a particually high end team as they useually have alot of faster players.

voetbalgekkefan - well wasnt that helpful?

Originally posted by FuSS:

jonafan70 - for hard games theres a coupel of things u can do:

=Player narrower - this simply puts more men infront of the goal and in the box.

=Switch to 4-1-4-1 - i use this for games Ithink are gunna be really tough and i'd be more than happy with just a draw, leave ur target man up and use a DMC instead of a second striker.

=Swtich to 4-1-3-2 - move the MCR back actually into the DMC position.

=play with the tempo, alot of people are getting good results just by upping the tempo, this works well if u have a particually high end team as they useually have alot of faster players.

/QUOTE]

when you make those changes, do you do it before you press continue to play game or after.

changing tactics around when u give the first team talk can be very effective asit catches out the AI.

But i have a 4-1-4-1 version of my tactic saved that i switch to before pressing 'go to match' if i think it's gunna be a hard one...it comes in handy now and again.

Hi Fuss, V2 is the greatest ever although I didn't try V3 yet. I used Inter milan and won 5 serie A in row and 3 championship. I am currently using Arsenal and it works well too. Not so many familiar faces left in 2012 thoicon_smile.gifThanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

hey folks..plss believe me..this tactic is crap..jus a waste of time..u mite win sum matches..for e.g...i won against chelsea..liverpool away i was playin wid newcastle..next game shef utd..i lost home..soo..in short..dont take it personally fuss..bt 1 tactic wont suit each and every club in FM..u need to have multiple tactics..for home away..etc..for e.g.remember the multiple set of tactics we had for Fm 06..exactly that kida set of tactics we need for 07 too..nd one more thing guys..plss dont waste ure time in creating ure tactics..its jus of noo use..as i said..ure gonna be dumped by sum or the club sooner or later..the AI cracks ure tactics easily.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Cut the text speech out

2) Stop talking absoulute ****

3) Unless you give constructive feedback stay out of the thread.

4) Having multiple tactics is not reccomended so I suggest you read up a bit more.

5) Tactics do not get cracked, teams just adapt to them.

I can go on for ever, but take this as your last warning. I cannot be bothered with people in this forum who just slate peoples works regardless of what teams they used etc. Everyone as the right to post the stuff they create for their team in this forum. As long as it follows the guidlines.

People like you who critise are not wanted here in this forum and if it carries on, I will personally see to it, that you never post again here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PAGEY124:

Has anyone tried this tactic with lower league teams and if so do u change the team passing to more direct and high tempo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bizare, but I am finding the opposite, if I lower the tempo and play shorter with my league 2 team, they play better (a few notches). Maybe just my team are "special".

If I play more direct at a faster tempo I lose the ball in midfield more and get less supply to my target man. This is with version 3.

-Direct and faster tempo is useually better for higher up teams i also find. this is bhecause direct passing and high tempo rquire a good degree of skill to be pulled off....somethign alot of lower league teams lack.

-Cleon, Im glad to c sombody finally taking a stand against this kind of nonsense - do u have the ability to delte most of thoe posts as I've now got an entire page of random arguments??

I've cleaned up the topic best I can for you. I don't always check the big threads like this as there isn't normally any issues. I just have a scou through every now and again. If theres anymore problems either hit the report button and a mod will see if when he checks the logs, or email me my email is in my profile.

Fuss, i had this conversation with Cleon the other night about direct or shorter passing for lower league teams. Cleon is of the opinion that direct football is far better in the lower leagues which i disagreed with him at the time, but after studying the match engine I now know what he is saying and much prefer to play direct football in the lower leagues. According to the manual short passing teams are the dominant teams in the division who have good passing stamina etc, Direct not long is suited to teams who want to catch teams on break with pace etc. Anyway tried ur version 3 with my team York in league 2 altered the passing and tempo to direct and quick also lower the back line a bit and it is working a treat. Corners are excellent my target man seems to score every other game from a corner. Generally the tactic is very sound scoring on average of 2.1 a game and conceding 0.6 which is the best I have ever had. The only problems i encounter are very defensive teams as it normally results in a bore draw, do u recommend that I take off counter attack and attack these teams more,just concerned that they will hit me on the break. Anyway keep up excellent work.

cheers

Unfortunatelt there is no quick fix for those super defensive teams. And the sad truth is, the more games u win, the mores will play defensively against u.

-Mix it around a bit at half time to try and gain advantage of them.

-I often push my MR/ML up into te AMR/AML position just to get a bit more attacking, u may also want to play a little wider, but dont leave yourself too exposed.

-If i really want to win and dont percieve too much of a threat to my back line i swicth to a 3-4-3 and play a FR/FL either side of my target man to try and grab the win in the last minutes.

-Cleon, much thanks mate.

I was Stockport County in the 6.0 version and got promoted as champions on goal difference.

I changed the tempo and the mentality around a bit, I used Minimal Fuss version 2.

My record was

Games played: 51

Games won: 26

Games drawn: 11

Games lost: 14

Goals scored: 77

Goals conceded: 47

That was in league and cup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PAGEY124:

Has anyone tried this tactic with lower league teams and if so do u change the team passing to more direct and high tempo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bizare, but I am finding the opposite, if I lower the tempo and play shorter with my league 2 team, they play better (a few notches). Maybe just my team are "special".

If I play more direct at a faster tempo I lose the ball in midfield more and get less supply to my target man. This is with version 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted to deliberately try this tactic with a quality side (Spurs) vs an utterly useless bunch of halfwits (Swindon, in League 1).

Seems to work fine 'as is' with Swindon, yet struggled with Spurs, lending weight to the theory that this is a really great tactic for the lower leagues, and requires a deal of tweaking for better sides in a higher quality league. Just my thoughts, in case anyone remotely cares...

Current record this season, including continental competition (Copa Sudamerica):

Played: 16

Won: 13

Drawn: 2

Lost: 1

My team has now improved vastly though, and I am now one of the better teams in the league. Using a team that does have an advantage like this I find that upping the mentality 2 or 3 notches, and upping the tempo 2 or 3 notches results in an absolute mauling on the opposition. My only loss was away to River, one of 3 or 4 teams as strong as mine. I went up 2-0, got 10 manned in the first half, and lost 3-2.

If you can get a good goalkeeper in, and good defenders, then up the mentality and tempo, it has brought me a lot more attacking success than previously. So far, in those 16 games, scored 40, conceded 7.

For home games I almost always leave the tactic as it is default, other than the mentality and tempo. Away games, I almost always use the tweaks, switching between turning holding up the ball off, free role my pace striker, both of these at the same time, and changing passing focus to mixed and target man supply to mixed.

Results are very good. I don't see any potential area's to improve this with my team as it is at the moment, although when they were weaker, a couple of seasons ago, they tended to get caught out on the break a bit. I tried holding my full backs back a little more to combat this, but there wasn't that much of a change.

Marxjoy - Not really i tend not to use them. Although there is avery useful thread on opposition instructions should you choose to delve into this area of the game.

Man utd_FreaK - Not played with the patch yet sorry mate, but a couple of my regualr testers have said you should get rid of the backwards arrows on the DR/DL now...and maybe tweak mentality up a little.

devils_haven - There's no super tactic for FM07, you have to tweak it to your team and they have to settle into it first. Its just a good solid tacic thats proving very popylar, im not making any guarentees.

Archived