MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SucksAtFM:

I just cant seem to get this tactic to give me any success. I have tried it with a few of the teams I have been with (RSL, New York, Bristol, Portsmouth, England and just been appointed Real Madrid manager so I might give it one last crack there). Have just used it for my last couple of England games, Beat a 9 man Poland team 3-0 with all the goals coming very late on and just got destroyed by Scotland 4-1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well with madrid the tactic worked a treat. as far as a madrid team goes the quality of the squad wasnt too good but this tactic has helped get them back on track. my overall impression is that this tactic works well if u have one of the better squads in the league with a capable target man otherwise its not necessarily the answer. good job

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using this tactic in my Ajax game for the last 8 games, and I've won them all, and kept 4 clean sheets. I've tweaked it a little, and I move players around when the opposition plays wingers or an AMC.

People who struggle against the opposition playing wingers should move your RB and LB to WB positions, and make sure you have tight marking on - works a treat for me, takes them out of the game. Same if they play a AMC, except I move one of my MC's to DMC and make sure tight marking is on.

I'm scoring plenty, and is working well in Europe. I hammered Benfica 6-1, and HSV 4-1, both of their goals were from set pieces. I finished top of my group - above Real Madrid!

My team is more or less the original Ajax squad, except I bought in Lucas and Modric (who is ineligible to play in Europe icon_mad.gif).

Huntelaar is a great target man, I switch the targetman supply from "to head" to "to feet", and it works a treat - Ryan Babel bags loads of goals in a free role position too.:-)

What a wicked tactic!Won EPL Fa Cup and Champs League with Arsenal.I tweaked it very slightly by gettin the wingers to shoot from long range more often and the results was amazing!

Helb by far the best player on the wing and rosicky scored many great goals when he is asked to shoot from long range.

One thing that really annoyed me baptista,scored just under 40 goals,my top scorer but he signed for chelsea,so anoying,him and henry was dineamite!

So nice one!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrjvp:

what to do when you are 2-0 or 3-0 ahead. I don;t change tactics and computer always comes back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although it doesn't happen everytime, I've noticed this as well.

im liverpool. the tactic is amazing with a target man, hence peter crouch. he's picked up a lengthy injury and with no other target man in the side im struggling to accomodate for him or even trying to play a different style as to which suits his replacements in kuyt,fowler,bellamy and garcia.

what should i do?

ive tired kuyt as a target man without any real success. ive tried not to play with a target man and that has not worked either.

ive become a lost cause. help?

seems a good tactic, but i was wondering, how do you choose your target man, i usually do it just before i kick-off, and sometimes i change supply of target man to feet, only because i am arsenal, and when baptista isn't performing i choose henry as target man, it seems good at times, but i seem to be under performing at home to lesser teams, any advice would be greatful.

i also choose how i use my target man before a game. i tweak my tactic depending on the eleven im going to use and the opposition i have. with crouch, i use my target man mixed, as he's both good in the air and with this feet. robbie fowler can play a little as a target man because he likes the ball played into his feet, but is nowhere near as effective as crouch is.

i was looking for a solution to getting the best out of my team whilst crouch is out injured. if it means not using a target man and attacking in a different way, then so be it, but i can't find a way?

I am in charge of Carmarthen of Wales and I am in a challenge with other Welsh players for a laugh.

Already I have tried the V1 version and my team has won 2 and drew one.

Before the save I lost all three games, so something has happened.

Cheers for the tip m8...

Keep up the good work.

Hi!

I'm playing with West Brom and i started to use this tactic,but im not sure that everything goes well,how can i choose whos from my 2 strikers will be the target man?

everybody here replying that the tactic is well,why it dosent works for me?

soory for the English!

It looks like we've lost FUSS from contriuting to this thread due to a couple of idiots around the middle of the thread. If this is true then it's to OUR loss.

I have tried other threads from so called 'experts' which did nothing for me, Fuss saved my FM 2007 life. Without him and this thread i probably would have given up on it before now.

I'm not saying this tactic works foe everyone, but if you used the tactic AND read the notes there is a great chance of getting success, i did!

If your reading Fuss - COME BACK! People on these forums need people like you.

I wish to show my THANKS for what you've done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

I'm not saying this tactic works foe everyone, but if you used the tactic AND read the notes there is a great chance of getting success, i did!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

im hanging on to that request. i welcome you back with all my heart!!! this tactic works very well if you use it right!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

It looks like we've lost FUSS from contriuting to this thread due to a couple of idiots around the middle of the thread. If this is true then it's to OUR loss.

I have tried other threads from so called 'experts' which did nothing for me, Fuss saved my FM 2007 life. Without him and this thread i probably would have given up on it before now.

If your reading Fuss - COME BACK! People on these forums need people like you.

I wish to show my THANKS for what you've done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sagiv_am

To choose your target man have a look at the post on page 4 by Nedved10 which says:

"This are some of the attributes you need for a good target man

Heading

Jumping

Strength

Work Rate

First Touch

Determination

Or check out Alan Smith and match your target man according to him."

Tactic is working great for me still.

In regards to choosing the correct target man, I'm playing as Arsenal, I've signed Yakubu, so I've got him, Henry and Adebayor. None of them are suited to playing as a target man with mixed passing. If you change it to "to feet" or "into space" you may have some better luck.

using this tactics with Arsenal. Plenty of possesion and attempt but couldn't score. Easily conceed the goals to the opposition and even lose at home to Reading.

Perhaps need some further tweaking.

I have been using the tainted tactic with huddersfield and was doing ok (4th) the trouble was it only uses one striker and i have 4 in my squad. Then a mid season slump started so i tried to make my own attacking tactic which on the first game losing 2-0 to s****horpe after 15mins all was not going well, tweaked it a bit and won 5-4. next game won 1-0 against northampton despite 25 shots each, as this didn't appear to be a consistant tactic (i will use it to get goals if behind with 20mins to go) i tried your tactic v2 last night. After 15mins in first game they were putting too many crosses into the box so as suggested by another forum member i put barrows on the full backs. this resulted in few chances for both teams so at half time i set passing to direct (rubbish teams seem to prefer this) and asked my best player AM playing M to run with ball. Result won 3 drawn 1. The main problem is boring games I beat yeovil 1-0, they had 1 shot i had 2. suppose this is due to barrows or my star striker on loan from chelsea injured. (plus 8 others). But as long as i'm winning i can live with it. I'll try tweaking it and see how it goes.BTW conceded only 3 goals, one penalty. one FK and one from open play so it seems ok defensivly

James9,i used baptista as my 1st choice target man.I cant remember what i did (im in my 2nd season and bloody chelsea knicked him off me!!) but im pretty sure it was mixed,he scored plenty of goals,was 34 goals in 38 games!Out did henry by miles.Henry in this game is rubbish!Not as prolific in this game.But if in ur 1st season sign baptista at all cost!(he doing crap at chelsea in my game,hahah good!)I prefer to use Van Persie as a replacement target man whch is just as effective as he is my top scorer,21 goals in 12 games. icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry that aint much help buddy!!

I've been giving this ago with Manchester United. Started off with a couple of shocking away results, lost 5-2 at charlton and 4-2 at newcastle (although I had 2 men sent off!). Since then though it's been solid enough. Saha has had to fill in as the target man which hasn't helped but goals have been hard to come by in the league.

Great tactics, Fuss! icon_cool.gif So far 38 games played for Juve in Serie-B: 34 wins and 4 draws icon14.gif Easily won Coppa Italia beatin AS Roma in the final (4:2 aggregate).

Just changed corners instructions and Younes Kaboul scored about 15 goals in Serie-B so far icon_smile.gif Great 191 cm defender icon_smile.gif

Thanks again! Let's see how it will work in Serie-A next season.

Maxi Lopez can be got on loan and he does fantastic for me, others I've been watching but can't afford (I've got Ipswich in the prem in 07/08 with a transfer budget of £2m) Graziano Pelle, Joseba Llorente (spelling) Mauricio Pinilla all look pretty decent in the TM role

I started a new game wuth Oldham and tried this tactic, but unfortunatly it didn't go to well so i ended up chopping and changing tactics and got relegated, first time ever playing any football manager releases icon_eek.gif.

Thought i'd start a new game with Oldham as i wanted to give this tactic a good run rather then changing after half the seasoni was 17th 3pts above the relegation places, which is pretty poor considering i was expected a top half finish, so i've ditched it, as i was getting dominated badly and in a couple of games i was 3 or 4 goals down at half time.

This is not to knock the tactic though as i created a good one for FM06 but for some reason couldn't get it to work for this version, and basically wanted your tactic to get some ideas, sadly i have more questions then answers. But i'm aware that some tactics work for some and not for others.

Been using v2 of the tactic with Swansea (Good tactic by the way). Its my second season after spending the first completely restructuring my playing staff. Was unbeaten for the first 10 games, but since then my record is W3 D5 L2. Same tactic - same players. I'm wondering if the game has cracked the tactic - anyone else had a similar experience?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by redstar1:

I don't think the importance of the target man can be expressed enough for this tactic. With Saha as TM I was innefective up front, as soon as Smith returned... BANG! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used a big target man for headers/flick ons but when both my target men got injured (surprise surprise) I used the best and fastest striker as the target man but change the setting to run onto the ball. I am now 11 games unbeaten and 3rd place with 2 games to play in season 1 with huddersfield.

This is definately a solid tactic. However I've experienced some problems with the defence. I've tried back arrows on the full backs but it seemed to make no difference. Haven't been successful in hardening the defence yet but still being successful. Admitedly this is with Manchester United but as I know the players it is easier to test tactics.

Hey all! i know it's been a-while but i got alot on my plate at the moment in RL.

-Here's the good news:

I've pretty much done V3!!!

-Here's the bad news:

I've got 2 completely different versions!!!

At first I built on V2 to creat V3 with lots of little tweaks, and while i feel it's an improvement it still suffers from afew of the same fundermental flaws - mainly defensive misktakes and vunerabilites.

So i decided to go back to the grass roots of V1 and appraoch things from a slightly different angle, infact it's not even a flat 4-4-2 anymore! heaven forbid!

Basically both are proving quite sucessful, the original V3 tweak is coring bucket loads but letting too many in and the new back to basics version seems much better defensivly but now lacks the cutting edge.

So currently im trying to combine the 2.

--------------------------

What's Chaning??

-A whole new defensive system for the back 4 - they are less defensive and more closing down, while a gamble against the super Henry style fast turn around striker this does seem to basically cut out alot of the opposistion chances and you'll find defenders popping out to make that vital interception rather than hang back.

-The backwards arrows on the fullbacks are here to stay, what can i say they simply work! but on the flip sides thats less crosses created for you also.

-Less creative freedom all round!? Yup, those pluky wide-boys are gunna get their wings clipped, we havn't all go A.Robben and C.Ronaldo on the sides you know!

-2 strikers?

This has kept me up at night - well not really but it's a toughey. I've never ever liked a tactic with less than 2 front men, i just like having 2 strikers full stop. However after being reduced to 10men afew times due to injury or cards I've noticed my target man has been amazing on his own up front!

Rest assurred however I'll be stiking with the 2 upfront although u may c your second striker falling back to play 'in the hole' as Rooney does so well for Man Utd.

-The formation, Right now i'm playing with the normal flat 442 and possibly a 4-1-3-2 (dropping a MC back to a full DMC) This seems to be working well, although it may end up a simple matter of personal preference (maybe i'll release 2 versions??)

-Striker settings, there have been alot of reports of strikers scoring more in V1 than V2....rest assured i've tweaked the settings and am now pretty happy with um.

-many many more small tweaks!

-----------------------------------

What now??

Well I've got V3, a tweak of V2 which was it'self a tweak of V1 and i'm happy its the next step, it impliments most of the changes on a far lesser scale and wont seem radically different (as it should be).

Then i've got this other tactic i've moulded from V1 into a cross between V3 and something new.

The simple question is, 'which is best?'

I've been too busy to get serious testing done tis wk, but thats what it basically boilds down to now. So we'll c!

Sorry for the delay, stay in touch!

hey guys,

PLaying with Rangers in SPL using minimal Fuss v1

1st season:

won SPL with 10 points.

last 16 of Euro cup. (lost on penalties to CSKA)

lost both cups in final (Penalties again)

i think by the end of the season my team was nackered.

using prso as target man normally fed to his head but sometimes change @ 1/2 time if it isnt working.

advice please:

Kris boyd was injured all last season but is back in season 2 playing along side prso upfront. BUT i liked abogonlahor playin in a free roll next to prso upfront but boyd is crap in free roll. so is there ne tweaks ne1 could tell me for kris boyd.

part from that everything is hunky dory!

also any tweaks for free-kicks/corners/throw ins and also againt very good oposition like barcelona/real madrid/ac milan???

Cheers,

Chris

I have tried this tactic during pre season and have been playing very poorly i then go on to play against Chelsea ( im Liverpool ) and i lose , Chelsea had 2 players sent off inside of 20 mins but i still never looked like winning icon_frown.gif

Hey FuSS a few things that have been working great for me on V2 is bring one of the MC's down to a DMC when the opposition is playing an AMC.

I've also been playing the majority of my games with the ML/MR switched to AML/AMR - with foward arrows. The opposition then usually try and counter that by moving the fullbakcs up, and then I just move my AML/AMR into ML/MR again. Works a treat and scores me lots of goals without conceeding many. Ustari played 50 matches last season, and had 32 clean sheets icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superheroes:

Hey FuSS a few things that have been working great for me on V2 is bring one of the MC's down to a DMC when the opposition is playing an AMC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you give the DMC an arrow and how do you position your lone MC?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Hey all! i know it's been a-while but i got alot on my plate at the moment in RL.

Sorry for the delay, stay in touch! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could upload them both, so we could test them or even use one as a home/easy games tactic and the other one as an away/tough games tactic.

I'm using AMR/AMLs instead of MR/MLs, but though I have only AMLs and AMRs, I tick the swap position because I find it easier for my wingers to finish their chances if they get in the area from their wrong side (because of the curve they give to the ball).

Excellent tactic, many thanks.

Ok well I finished a season with Manchester United using V2 and I've been very impressed, not just with the success of the tactic but with the general consistency. Some changes needed match to match to foil the AI and take advantage of weaknesses but generally it works a treat, with United anyway.

I reckon V3 will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow, im happy with my changes now and am just givin it some testing.

Started a fresh season with WestHam (my usueal test team) so far unbeaten and im in March icon_smile.gif I intend to finish the season and then release.

-------------------------

Those of you getting injuries:

You'll notice the official patch notes point out that people only watching key highlights get more injuries....I'm not sure why this is but I'm guessing the calcualtions are made slightly differetly if you only watch a section of the match as opposed to the whole thing.

Luckily in in the change list! so we shoudl see less injuires after the patch.

V3 will be the last release until after the patch (unless any flaws are found), as always alot of things look set to change, so once the patch is out i'll release a new version for it.

Smac - Im afaird i havnt got a copy of my 06 tactic, so you'll have to ask around. May I recommend 'CMaddict 3 Codes Tweak' though, as it was my single favourite tactic of 06.

Guest k.incognito

Great job on V2 FuSS cant wait for V3.

However can you test somemore past 1 season. Getting my arse whopped in season 2 onwards.

According to the tactical theorem post most opposing teams go uber defensive once they deem you a threat.

I'm afraid this version of the game does seem to crack tactics alot more readily than any before.

I suggest trying different Versions of my tactic for different seasons. REMEMBER to always make minor changes before a match to throw the AI off abit.

On the whole I think it's going to be impossible for anybody to produce a single tactic that will work season in and season out as it did for 05 and 06. On the bright side after christmas more people will be playing FM due to getting it for crimbo and due to the patch and update coming out....so i imagine we'll c alot of the old pros re-surfacing soon icon_smile.gif

Oh and I dont subscribe to the Tactical Therom post, wwfan dosnt even own fm07, no offence to him there's some useful stuff in there but I feel alot of it is crap. Nice read though.

Nice to see you back.

Have been using v2 for two thirds of the season now and things strated to go a bit wrong.

Having read through the thread, I made a few changes - put the b-arrows on the full backs, halved the f-arrows on the wingers and dropped the left striker to AMC position with a f-arrow to his old place, and next game I won 2-0 at Chelsea.

A big improvement and the AMC got a good few shots on goal from this position, the 2 goals were scored by the lone FC.

Looking forward to v3.

KUTGW!

Archived