MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

fuss and lambs atleast let me know how many more hours should i stay awake?? its already 2.30 in the night here in mumbai. please reply. eagerly waiting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen I will say this once and once only. If I see you posting asking when the tactic will be available again I will issue you with a warning, you are leaving me with very little choice here. The tactic will be out when its ready, so be patient and wait, asking for it every 5 minutes will not make them release it earlier, if anything it makes them hold back.

what kind of "modifications"? arrows? slides?

Do you mean change player disposition on the field ? I change the module sometimes to be unpredictable but often I think that my players doesn't know how to play the modfied tactic icon_frown.gif

I'm waiting for the next tactic release too, starting a new year in my game icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Just thought I'd offer some in-game proof from the good people at SI asto why you should alter the tactic a little for every match:

tinkerman.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats sweet. What did you tinker with to trigger this message?

lol, I alter the tactic every game but never had such a comment...I think that I change the tactic too much and that my players go crazy to follow my instructions :p

I hope that new version will be ready soon, and I'd like to know what kind of little changes you are talking about (just to see that kind of comment in my game too :p)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

hi. its morning here now in mumbai. woke up just no w fuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with the amount of badgering you are giving fuss i would not blame him for not posting his v4 tactic. i'm not sure if it's annoying him but it is definately annoying me that you keep on his back about something he is doing for all of us for next to no recognition. How about waiting till it is posted then complement him or give CONSTRUCTIVE critisism.

You are not the only person waiting but you are the only person to post multipule times asking for something that fuss originally said was not promised for tuesday.

GIVE THE MAN A BREAK!!!!

V3 must have been a joke surely. Was it posted for a laugh and a lesson to create your own tactic? Ive ditched the 4 4 2 and in january my 1st 11 all have an average rating of around 7.50 or higher.

The 4 4 2 is flawed due to being cut like butter through the middle

Hi FUSS and LAMBS. A real thank you for spending the time and effort in helping out people who had problems in FM 07 tactics.

Infact this is the first time i show so much interest in tweaking tactics during a match. Its so much fun compared to letting the match roll with your latest downloaded god like tactics.

I am really looking forward to your next V4. icon_smile.gif

Yeah what gallen said.

The MM442 was the 1st tactic I used on FM07 which gave me good results and taught me how to play.

One criticism I have of version 3 is the ticking of the counter attack box and passing tempo set to slow.

Ive never liked the counter attack option because against weaker teams there is no need to soak up attacks. I have found that the more creative and fast tactics counter attacks without need to tick the box,

I like the way the tactics for set pieces and have used the same for my own designed tactic.

Cheers! Actually this is the 1st few times i actually posted in this forum as i get turn off from those people who critise badly for fun.

But the excitement and the fun of this tactic discussion makes me wanna join in.

devils_haven - Good things must wait, dun rush it. Be more patient.

Welcome to the forums gallen!

Forums can be a turnoff sometimes. Every dedicated forum is the same. If you made a thread saying Rooney is great 9/10 the next reply will disagree saying hes not that good. Every forum on the internet.

Can be annoying when you have made a carefully thought out point and someone dismisses it offhandly!

All that said, these forums have a great wealth of knowledge and fun. The players and tactics threads provide a steep learning curve, and some of the challenges are enjoyable too I recommend you check them out!1!

Welcome Gallen.

MattUK, I very often turn off the counter attack option and up the tempo against teams that I am not worried about counter attacking me.

I have even been know to play more defensive with out the counter attack option if I have no fast strikers on the pitch.

Thats the key to 07, sussing out what will improve your chances of winning based on the opposition.

Using V4 on a patched game:

I must say Fuss's results are fantastic, I'm having slighly less fantastic results. 2-2 at home to man unt (I was down to ten men after 40 minutes) and 1-0 win away at chelski (I got a goal in the 82minute and 43 seconds of 83 minute game. Playing as Newcastle in the second year, but it may be a gelling issue as I have 6 new first team members.

Tamworth have demolished every side they have faced in leasgue 2, so far its played 7 won 7, for 20 against 2, both the against goals came in one match.

Both teams were 33-1 outsiders so I will run into reranking soon.

hey lambs. you said you guys are going to release it on tuesday rite?? atleast release now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pathetic, just pathetic. icon_mad.gif

hey lambs. you said you guys are going to release it on tuesday rite?? atleast release now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm post modding you so all your posts need reviewing by a mod before they are posted. You was warned..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by devils_haven:

hey lambs. you said you guys are going to release it on tuesday rite?? atleast release now

Pathetic, just pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much more of devils haven do we have too put up with its getting passed a joke at this stage.

The Lambs its obvious that this tactic is great by your results. I loved the first version, winning the league with A.Madrid and Chelsea and getting Gateshead to League One.

I skipped version 2, and decided to try V3 on a cheat game I have made were i sacked every player and replaced them with wonderkids.

It was a miserable season but like you said they didnt gel and were also very young. So I thought of going into season 2 with V3, but have become uncomfortable with the 4 4 2 with target man. I feel its good for championship premier teams, and perfect for teams like Everton and Newcastle, but a bit of a shame to use when full of brazilians, argies, english, spanish, french hotshot wonderkids. I couldnt see Arsenal, Milan or Barcalona playing a 442 and humping the ball up to the tall guys head and distributing the ball to the flanks ala shankleys liverpool and the Blackburn premiership winning side of the 90s.

But saying that 07 is the most realistic of all the cm games. It incorparates for many styles of football and agrees with sven goran erikssons view that the players on the pitch are more important than the tactic So yeah A.Madrid 442 because of maxi and petrov, everton james beattie target man, blacburn bentley pedersen supplying to macarthey.

Every tactic should suit the players you have, and if you try to get the players for the tactic, it takes time to gel.

••• MiNiMaL_FuSS_V4 •••

Hey folks, here it is, V4. It's not massively different from V3, few tweaks to make it more compatible with the patch and I find it generally more consistent.

• Mentality Changes – e.g. I reduced the striker mentality as he was getting caught offside too often post-patch.

• Creative Freedom Changes – e.g. Striker (non target-man) creative freedom increased slightly due in part to his new positioning (explained further on).

• Passing Changes – The Full-Backs now have more direct passing to prevent them making passing mistakes.

• Closing Down Changes – Each DC now has slightly different closing down settings.

• Tackling Changes – Some tackling reductions, feel free to tinker with these if you’re getting a lot of cards.

• Some set-piece changes

• Other minor tweaks I’ve pretty much forgotten.

• Striker MOVED! - The Target-man is now more central with the striker placed just to his left.

= Try moving the pacey striker to the right-side rather than the left to lose markers and generally make life more difficult for the opposition

= Try giving the pacey striker free-role sometimes (if suitable for the player)

= The new striker positions appear extremely effective against teams using a back 4 (vast majority), however you may want to revert to the standard forward positions against a back line of 3.

-------------------------

Re-Ranking (Thanks Lambs):

There is no such thing as the AI cracking tactics. What actually happens is that based on you teams success the AI starts giving you more respect. So the more games you win the harder it becomes to break teams down. This is known as re-ranking. This usually relates to playing defensive and hitting you on the counter attack.

It's generally though that there is a big re-rank halfway though season point, hence many tactics report slumps here. It's been suggest that there is a re-rank when the game is saved or maybe started, this would seem quite logical and may explain how you're form can suddenly seem to change just by restarting the game.

Opposition Instructions:

The best way to achieve results is to tweak the tactic according to the opposition, just like in real life, every team will play different according to whom they are facing. Here's the best way to do it:

-Buy yourself a decent scout.

-Have him scout the next team for every match.

-Listen to what he says!

-Your scout will tell you the opposition’s strong points, best players, and likely formation.

-Using this information it shouldn't be hard to prepare for each team by tweaking the tactic.

-Remember tweaks also depend on what suits your own team...

Examples:

-If my scout pin-points a fast paced striker as a threat (i.e.: Defoe)

-Then I play a high defensive line and use the offside trap

-This works for me as my defenders have good teamwork, positioning, and speed.

-If you don’t have such defenders a deeper defensive line would probably work better so your back line doesn’t get caught out by the defenders pace.

-If my scout pin-points a super winger as a threat (i.e.: Robben)

-Then I play with backwards arrows on the Fullbacks and stop them going forward and crossing.

-I often use opposition instructions to get them to close down the winger too.

-If my scout pin-points a big target-man as a threat (i.e.: Crouch)

-Then I make sure my tallest DCs are playing and that the best in the air is playing in the position nearest the target-man.

-I also usually set them to mark this man closely in the opposition instructions.

[/b]Tips/Tweaks[/b]:

As before the key to winning game after game is to make minor changes in tactic to catch the AI out. When you start a match and are presented with the team talk screen, click tactics, now you can make tactical changes before kickoff but after the other team has readied their team.

Recommended Changes:

• Turn off Counter-Attack - if you facing a lesser team counter-attack is often unessicary.

• Weather - If its raning short passing dosnt work, make it more direct.

• Tempo - I prefer a slow tempo, but dependant on your team u may benefit from upping it.

• Striker tweaks above.

• Change 'Pass down the flanks' to 'Mixed'

• Change target man aim from 'Head' to 'Mixed'

• Change Holdup ball settings for target man

• Give other striker 'free role'

• Put target man more central or have other striker make runs to flank to collect ball (with side arrow)

• An arrow to the DMC position for the more defensive CM may help against good opposition (more defensive play)

These are some good minor changes to make to TEAM INSTRUCTIONS before and even during games, keep them in mind, particually if you're having problems. Don't use too mnay at once unless you plan to keep it that way.

Points of Interest:

• 2 DMCS: A few people have tried cloning the MCR (dmc style) settings to the MCL (amc settings) and using 2 defensive midfielders, I find this to be very solid and improve possession, however I've not implemented this as I feel the majority of people like to use AMC style players (just as most like 2 striker tactics). However keep the duel DMC option in mind for those tough games, or just if you've got a quad with some good DMCs.

• Target Man: For the love of god if one more person forget to actually drag the target man into the target man box I'll go spare, that said I'd like to remind you to put the target man in the target man box.

• Read the thread: There are tons of tips, tweaks, and solutions; it really doesn’t take that long to read 11 pages. Nearly every complaint or difficulty that gets mentioned now has already been dealt with previously, so just read through please.

• As always I do not conform to any tactical bible or tactical theory (no offence wwfan), this is my own work based on my old 06 tactics.

•Team talks are thought to be just as important as tactic by quite a few of us now....I included...get them right!!!

•This isn’t FM06, tactics don’t win it, u have to have a high moral, good team talks, and a well gelled team....in short you actually have to be a manager this time rather than just download a tactic.

•See if there's any improvement letting your Assistant manger handle team talks, I bought Sammy Lee (fantastic) and let him do them simply because I’m lazy.

As always the tactic will be up on FMdownloads shortly.

Good Luck and enjoy and thanks for the tons of support and feedback.

Oh and 20,000 Downloads! Cheers!

(Cleon can you please change to V4 in thread title, cheers mate)

This will be the last version of this tactic - unless SI make any more changes.

I may release 'MiNiMaL_FuSS Back_To_Basics' which is a tactic thats alot more like V1 for those that loved the original, but there's no promise I'll even make this.

As always READ the whole post above, there r no super tactcis, u cant just plonk it on ur team and go out and win.

Thanks for the good work FUSS! I was thinking whether to do a combination of all the tips and tweaks you mentioned in the previous threads to make it easier for all of us to read discuss.

Looks like i was spared the hard work. ha. Will test the V4 out and post my results and questions. icon_cool.gif

Thanks Fuss icon14.gif

a question: you've listed a lot of little modifications but how many of them we can use ?

For example: scout says that my opponent has very quick strikers and that their key man is a bigged (like crouch).

Ok, my defenders are good so I play high defensive and with offside trap. I mark close the big one positioning my best striker on his side (man or zonal marking?).

It rains so I move the slider until it reaches direct instead of short.

Now do you think changes are enough or I can tune up a few things more? such changing fast striker side, adding him free role, changing pass style, etc

My fear is to cause confusion...I've got your tips but I don't know how many of them I can use

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

I'm post modding you so all your posts need reviewing by a mod before they are posted. You was warned.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you very much Cleon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Target Man: For the love of god if one more person forget to actually drag the target man into the target man box I'll go spare, that said I'd like to remind you to put the target man in the target man box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Fuss, what would happen if i'd two target men dragged over, both of whom start the match? Would it pick one, or would they both be target men?

I wouldnt use too mnay at once. Although Opposition instructions are pretty much taken seperately from any other tactical changes.

If you're playing against fast striker and a Big Man:

-I'd make sure my tallest DC was opposit the Big Man and have him marked closely in opposition instructions, this way he wont get the space for good headers and knock downs.

-So you dont change the marking in the tactics, only set to close marking in opposition instructions.

-As for a pacey striker you can either play offside trap if you defenders have: speed/positioning/teamwork OR you can just deepen the defensive line a little OR you can leave the tacic how it is, its a good solid tactic and hould be able to handle most threats as it is, changes like this arn't nessicary, i dont use opposition instructions unless i'm particually worried (i no that all big target men are fantastic in 07, so i always close mark them for instance).

-The trick is to just make a couple of changes at halftime of just before kickoff to keep your opponents guessing.

-The new position of the striker is a golden oppurtunity for that, as you can switch the side he's on and so the oppositions markers will then be the wrong way round.

-Freerole and Holdup are more player dependant, As I play WestHam I have Tevez in the fast left striker postion, he's excellent with freerole as he like to play deep anyway and creates alot of link up play. Also if you have a target man with good finishing/shooting you may not want him to hold up the ball, you might think him capable of doing it all by him self most of the time.

-Some games I dont tune at all, its a solid tactic and I find can hanle most teams well enough, and u can always tune at halftime if nessicary.

Hope that helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

••• MiNiMaL_FuSS_V4 •••

• Closing Down Changes – Each DC now has slightly different closing down settings.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is there particular types of DC we should be looking for now?

Re-Ranking (Thanks Lambs):

There is no such thing as the AI cracking tactics. What actually happens is that based on you teams success the AI starts giving you more respect. So the more games you win the harder it becomes to break teams down. This is known as re-ranking. This usually relates to playing defensive and hitting you on the counter attack.

It's generally though that there is a big re-rank halfway though season point, hence many tactics report slumps here. <STRIKE>It's been suggest that there is a re-rank when the game is saved or maybe started, this would seem quite logical and may explain how you're form can suddenly seem to change just by restarting the game.</STRIKE>

I am reliably informed that relaoding is a waste of valuable FM07 playing time and makes no difference, so ignore that last part. Watch your match odds to see how re-anking is affecting you.

Remember Morale is very very very important, there is a simple formula knocking around that allows you to improve a players morale by the player interaction. This is a cut down version and while not devised by me (credit to Mertle) I do use it to good effect:

Add up the last 3 form scores for the player and then base your response on the following:

19 or less = below

20-21 = acceptable

22 = pleased

23 and above = delighted

As this is affected by lots of factors, there can be small errors that neeed to be addressed on a player by player basis, but in general this can vastly improve a players morale. It also seems to get you added to their favourite personnel after about 3 uses, which is nice.

I wouldnt use too mnay at once. Although Opposition instructions are pretty much taken seperately from any other tactical changes.

If you're playing against fast striker and a Big Man:

-I'd make sure my tallest DC was opposit the Big Man and have him marked closely in opposition instructions, this way he wont get the space for good headers and knock downs.

-So you dont change the marking in the tactics, only set to close marking in opposition instructions.

-As for a pacey striker you can either play offside trap if you defenders have: speed/positioning/teamwork OR you can just deepen the defensive line a little OR you can leave the tacic how it is, its a good solid tactic and hould be able to handle most threats as it is, changes like this arn't nessicary, i dont use opposition instructions unless i'm particually worried (i no that all big target men are fantastic in 07, so i always close mark them for instance).

-The trick is to just make a couple of changes at halftime of just before kickoff to keep your opponents guessing.

-The new position of the striker is a golden oppurtunity for that, as you can switch the side he's on and so the oppositions markers will then be the wrong way round.

-Freerole and Holdup are more player dependant, As I play WestHam I have Tevez in the fast left striker postion, he's excellent with freerole as he like to play deep anyway and creates alot of link up play. Also if you have a target man with good finishing/shooting you may not want him to hold up the ball, you might think him capable of doing it all by him self most of the time.

-Some games I dont tune at all, its a solid tactic and I find can hanle most teams well enough, and u can always tune at halftime if nessicary.

Hope that helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

helpful, thanks again

It seems I was usually tuning the tactic too much :p

From now I'll change less (you say a couple, not more) for difficult and medium away matches.

Do you think that free role is suited for player with 17-20 "off the ball"?

Are you saying that a 19-20 finishing target striker is better with hold the ball unchecked? so he can try to score more often I suppose...right?

I seem to find that with this version i am getting a lot less bookings which obviously is a good thing. I struggled at 1st but had a lot of new players now my team has settled i am starting to get a good run of results. nice tactic mate i like it.

Everyone please give just as much attention to what The Lambs says at what I say, he's working closely with me on my tactics now, and I by no means understand every bit of this game.

rymill - This tactic is built around typical Target-Men (ie: strong, hardworking, jumping, headers)...I suggest you invest in one. U might be able to get it to work with 2 small strkers, but I wouldn't know or recommend it sorry.

mag man - glad to hear.

Michele - Yes possibly. I wouldn't use it all the time but turning off hold-up the ball does increase the pace of the game abit and very good targetmen might prefer to just go for it themselves. Try it out on you're target-man and c is the best advice.

nick1408 - Nope, just one will close down a little bit more now and one will hold back a little more, just seemed a senseible edition and helps with fast strikers abit, as if they get round one DC the other will hopefully be a little behinde him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grafton83:

Did anyone else have a slight tear in their eye when they imported this. Its just beautiful, if i win CL my first born is being called FusS and my mums picture, god rest her soul, has already been replaced with a tactical screenshot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Classic icon_biggrin.gif

Am I the only person doing better away than I am at home with v4?

Can't put my finger on why just yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesh2k:

1st game with it my goalie is going up for free kicks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He shouldn't be, unless its in your half.

He is not on your free kicker list is he?

Archived