FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

DLP set as support ? I've been playing him at MC and retrained him at AMC and have played him at MC as an A.P (Support) with Hamsik at AMC and he has been doing ok, I shall see if DLP helps him excel

Yes DLP/support. He was basically going to be Xavi when he grew up in my team.

EDIT: he'd work as an adv playmaker too though

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am playing as Arsenal using a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation. Just struggling to get the roles right, is it best with 1 up front to have striker on a support duty for example Van Persie as deep lying forward support and then have fabregas as advanced playmaker in the mc role as attack or have Fabregas as advanced playmaker support and van persie as trequartista?

To partner Fabregas i have Wilshere as deep lying playmaker on support (not sure that is best role for him to be honest though) and Song as DMC defend as other midfielders and 2 inside forwards attack (Nasri and Arshavin) to support Van Persie.

Any suggestions/idea would be good?!

In my first season with Napoli I played the following midfield (in a 4-3-2-1):

----------------- Rafinha/Goetze -- Blasi ------------------

Sosa ------------------- Hamsik -----------------Guardado

-------------------------Cavani ------------------------------

I played Blasi as a BWM (Defend), Goetze/Rafinha as Advanced Playmaker (Support) and Hamsik as Inside Forward (Attack). Hamsik was incredible in that role scoring 23 in 45 games, 15 or so assists and an avg rating of 7.4 ish.

However, I have bought M'Vila, Ganso and Thiago came for free and I have started the season with the template above but M'Vila where Blasi is, Hamsik replacing where Rafinha/Goetze was and Ganso at AMC and it's been working ok for now. Hamsik has scored 5 in 13, 3 assists and an 7.05 avg rating but I was thinking what the best positions are for the midefield trio (Ganso, Hamsik, M'Vila) and how effective Ganso would be if I shift him at MC and Hamsik back at AMC, IF (attack)

• 2 weeks later...

Have anyone had succes with playing two quick strikers upfront together? I currently have vaclav Kadlec and jeremie aliadiere as my two best strikers but is unsure how to get the most out of them.

They both seem to be best as a poacher but dont know if having two poachers would backfire?

Whats the best role for Ganso?

Advanced Playmaker (Attack) - AMC.

Have anyone had succes with playing two quick strikers upfront together? I currently have vaclav Kadlec and jeremie aliadiere as my two best strikers but is unsure how to get the most out of them.

They both seem to be best as a poacher but dont know if having two poachers would backfire?

I think you should sell J.A. and buys some decent DPL (Support) or Target Man (Support) to lay off balls to Kadlec. :thup:

i'm playing exactly the same with 2 striker with pace and guile. i've got it to work playing both as poachers, no problem: 1. i have an advance playmaker behind them either in midfield or attacking midfield 2. have one set a few mentality notches below the other 3. have them swapping positions. that way there's not too great a gap between midfield and attack, and one sometimes acts as the creator for the other

Daniele de rossi best position and role?

With his mental attributes especially he could probably play most of the central midfield positions and roles. Playing as an MC, I'd be inclined to play him as a Ball Winning Midfielder due to his tackling and determination. Playing him as a DM, then probably as a Deep Lying Playmaker.

Bear in mind I've never actually had the chance to manage him, I'm judging purely on how good his attributes look on my current save. I can never persuade him to leave Roma, and I've never actually done a Roma save on FM.

Are you playing him DM or CM???

If I was playing him DM then I would use him as a deep-lying playmaker but if CM then either DLP or ball winning midfielder.

Tim Cahill in a 4-4-1-1.. Hes the off mid-position ofc.. Playing pretty simple, direct and clean.. two ballwinning midfielders behind him, sometimes a box-to-box..

And Arteta, where would you put him? And what role?

Cahil AMC - Attacking Misfielder (Support) and Arteta MC - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)/ or Central Midfielder (Automatic) with Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend) next to him.

Should i give roaming to any of them?

how about luka modric in central midfield in a 4411 system.

i have van der vaart in the amc position as adv playmeker and tom huddleston alongside modric as the DLP defend.

but i just cant get enough out of modric in that position. tried cm auto, tried 2 DLP (one defend one support) but i just cant get it to work.

any ideas? i dont want to use him as a adv playmaker from cm.

thanks for the reply.

tom as ball winner doesnt really suit his style or attributes, he isnt the quickest or the best at tackling or marking.

i'll try modric as b2b, never really tried him in this role as he doesnt score many goals but ill give it a go and see what happens.

thanks for the reply.

tom as ball winner doesnt really suit his style or attributes, he isnt the quickest or the best at tackling or marking.

i'll try modric as b2b, never really tried him in this role as he doesnt score many goals but ill give it a go and see what happens.

I agree about Tom, but really Modrić as BWM would be wasted. Modrić is described as Tireless Midfielder due to high Stamina, so he might worth playing as a B2B.

That means Modric would be on bench? Nah, no way. I know he is playmaker, but VdV on AMC gets the advantage for me.

I didn't say that. :p

It's a dilemma, because both players SCREAM playmaker. I don't think Modrić can play box to box, perhaps a deep lying playmaker but then again, I just don't like having two playmakers in the same side.

Luka Modrić is a playmaker, but I never put two in the same team. Quite a dilemma there I think. Could you play Modrić as an inside forward if Bale isn't performing in left midfield?

i had a very successful tactic on a previous arsenal save using 3 playmakers in midfield - it did work though, you might find it useful. i use a DLP (defend) at MRC and an advanced playmaker (support) at MC and a trequartista at AMC.

i had a very successful tactic on a previous arsenal save using 3 playmakers in midfield - it did work though, you might find it useful. i use a DLP (defend) at MRC and an advanced playmaker (support) at MC and a trequartista at AMC.

Interesting. I have had limited success with a deep lying playmaker and an advanced one in De Rossi and Vucinić but other than that, I concentrate on the one because they can clash.

I am really struggling to get the best out of Lukaku in my Hoffe side. What role does he best suit?? Im sure I have asked this question in here before.

There isnt any point in me using him as a target man because I dont play with wingers & alongside Milevskyi or Kiebling with Eriksen in behind. I have him set as a complete forward but he only has 24 league goals in 3 seasons. Shocking return. Any other advice? My football is fluid & quick, on the deck with short passing.

I play Juventus. I have this players: Buffon, Storari, Manninger, Bonucci, Rinaudo, Chiellini, Motta, Barzagli, De Ceglie, Grosso, Marchisio, Sissoko, Alou Diarra, Melo, Aquilani, Traore, Pepe, Krasic, Boniperti, Martinez, Toni, Del Piero, Quagliarella, Iaquinta, Matri. Any sugestions what formation and what instructions for this players?

I play Juventus. I have this players: Buffon, Storari, Manninger, Bonucci, Rinaudo, Chiellini, Motta, Barzagli, De Ceglie, Grosso, Marchisio, Sissoko, Alou Diarra, Melo, Aquilani, Traore, Pepe, Krasic, Boniperti, Martinez, Toni, Del Piero, Quagliarella, Iaquinta, Matri. Any sugestions what formation and what instructions for this players?

Maybe something like this;

- - - - - GK - - - - -

RB - CB - CB - LB

- CM - CM - CM - -

RW - - - - - - - LW

- - - - ST - - - -

That would be a Good, Fluent Option. :thup:

Your 3 CM have Marchisio as box-to-box, Melo/Sissoko as a ball winner & Aquilani as a deep-lying/advanced playmaker. Wingers depends on the ppm's. two centre backs as defend. If they like to play the ball out then ball player, and if you play against 1 upfront have the quickest as central defender cover. Target man upfront as well.

Need a bit of help with my forwards, i'm playing as Atletico Madrid so i've got Forlan and Aguero. I'm playing a 4-4-2/4-2-4 kinda formation, and basically i'm not sure what roles i should have on Forlan and Aguero so any help with that would be brilliant!

Also i guess whilst i'm at it i'll ask another question. My main wingers are Reyes and Juanfran. I was contemplatin having Reyes as my AML and playing him as an advanced playmaker and simply have Juanfran as winger (attack). Not sure if Reyes would really suit that though so i'm here to ask! :)

Need a bit of help with my forwards, i'm playing as Atletico Madrid so i've got Forlan and Aguero. I'm playing a 4-4-2/4-2-4 kinda formation, and basically i'm not sure what roles i should have on Forlan and Aguero so any help with that would be brilliant!

Also i guess whilst i'm at it i'll ask another question. My main wingers are Reyes and Juanfran. I was contemplatin having Reyes as my AML and playing him as an advanced playmaker and simply have Juanfran as winger (attack). Not sure if Reyes would really suit that though so i'm here to ask! :)

Forlan DLF support and Aguero Treq

Currently playing Chelsea in a 442 with advanced wingers. Feel like I am not getting enough scoring. Wonder what you think of these players' roles as I have them set:

Name: Dzeko

Position: Striker

Role: DLF

Duty: Support

Name: Pazzini

Position: St

Role: Poacher

Duty: attack

Name: Vidal

Position: CM

Role: DLP

Name: Essien

Role: Ball Winner

Duty: Defend

Name: Toni Kroos

Position: AML

Role: Winger

Duty: Attack

Name: Pedro Leon

Position: AMR

Currently playing Chelsea in a 442 with advanced wingers. Feel like I am not getting enough scoring. Wonder what you think of these players' roles as I have them set:

Name: Dzeko

Position: Striker

Role: DLF

Name: Pazzini

Position: St

Role: Poacher

Duty: attack

Name: Vidal

Role: DLP

Name: Essien

Role: Ball Winner

Duty: Defend

Name: Toni Kroos

Position: AML

Name: Pedro Leon

Position: AMR

Džeko banged in 50-60 goals per season as a Advanced Forward for me, though as he play with Pazzini have him as a Complete Forward (Support) and Pazzini as Advanced Forward.

I don't really see Vidal as a Deep Lying Playmaker (Support), as he is defensive minded midfielder IMO. So, play Kroos there as Advanced Playmaker (Support), as I don't see Kroos as a winger at all. Rotate Vidal with Essien.

I would use Leon in Support duty as he is not that fast to constantly run past full-backs, but when on support duty he will look to cross earlier then expected what might be huge advantage given how awesome crosser he is.

Put someone else on AML. I highly recommend Vargas. He's been absolutely outstanding for me as Winger (Attack).

anyone know how to get the best out of rooney have got him as a complete forward is this the best one.

Depend what ya want from him mate. To score goals: Advanced Forward, to score and create: Complete Forward (Attack)/(Support), to create Deep Lying Forward (Support). He is great tactical as a defensive forward aswell.

Okay guys, in need of help here. Specifically with the following 2 players - Junior Hoilett and Guiseppe Rossi.

A bit of information about my team may be helpful, so here's the system I have in place.

4-2-3-1 wide. On AMC I have Carlos Tevez (Trequartista) and AML I have Balotelli/Silva/Milner on Inside Forward Attack. Up front I play either Dzeko on Complete Forward Attack, which has bagged him 3 goals in 1(3) appearances, so it works for him. However, the reason that Dzeko has been coming from the bench is because Rossi has been starting as ST, on Complete Forward Attack. He's got 3 goals in 3(1) starts, but an avg rating of 7.00, which is terrible. He scores an occasional goal, but can never do much for the team. This is the key thing though - I have Tevez and Rossi set to "swap positions" with each other, so I need an AMC and a ST role that will accomodate both Carlos Tevez and Guiseppe Rossi. Trequartista works perfectly for Tevez, so I'd rather not change that. But if anybody can get an equally effective role for him and something which will benefit Rossi greatly, then I'm all ears. The DzekoCFA/TevezTQ works perfectly, that needs no tweaking. I need a way to get Rossi adding something to my team besides the goals, I need him creating or holding the ball up or something. Help me out guys.

On AMR, I play either Silva/Johnson/Hoilett. Silva and Johnson are great as Inside Forward Attack. Silva has around 5 assists in 3 starts. Johnson has rarely played there due to injury, but he's already contributed more than Hoilett in 2 less appearances and has an avg rating which is around .32 higher, which is very strange. I've tried Hoilett as Inside Forward Attack as well as Winger Attack, but neither have been effective. When Hoilett has developed for me, he's been effective (in previous saves, that is) as a Defensive Winger (a system which I've had great success with but can't put in place at the minute due to lack of proper personnel (namely Gareth Bale)), so I'm surprised as to why a normal Winger Attack doesn't seem to work. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I can improve Hoilett, please.

As for my system, I have 2 in place. They're both 4-2-3-1, both play with relatively high Defensive Lines and reasonable Width. However, one system uses Short Passing on a Slow Tempo with Much Creative Freedom and the Attacking players are allowed to Roam. My second system is Direct Passing on a medium Tempo with Default Creative Freedom and the Attacking Players aren't allowed to Roam. These systems have been effective for me in the past, it's just personnel really, and perhaps the wide roles (my defenders and players going through the middle are fine, the only exception being Rossi).

Like I said, any help would be appreciated.

In need of a little advice, what would you guys do with these two? The players I have dictate I play a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 (bascially one up top), I have been using Scherz as a winger on the right or as an inside forward on the left or as a poacher up front whereas Genc is currently being used as a deep lying forward as he has 'likes to come deep' and 'runs with ball through centre' as PPM's but i feel as if he's not fulfilling his goalscoring potential. I've tried him as a poacher but I don't like poachers up on there own, feel like they get isolated, whereas a DLF can come deeper to get involved, which with his passing, dribbling and first touch i am aiming for (but mainly goals!!!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scherz-1.png

Genc.png

p.s. sorry for the small pictures! not sure how to enlarge them.

could someone tell me the best way to play lukaku and cedrik bakumbuu upfront togetha i currently have lukaku on the right side set to complete forward and attack with bakumbu on left side set as poacher with attack but can only ever seem to get 1 of them scoring normally the one on right side set to complete forward

Archived