FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have any tips on how I can best take advantage of Cristiano Ronaldo?

Name: Cristiano Ronaldo

Position: AMR

Role: Winger

Duty: Attack

Other Instructions:

Team: Arsenal

Team's Formation: 4-2-3-1

Inside forward with run with ball to often

You could play him upfront as a complete forward.

Right, this one's a long shot but I'll try nonetheless. Playing with Red Star and playing Kaludjerovic as an advanced forward on attack and he started the season off well scoring 5 in 8 games in all comps but recently he has been playing poorly and getting ratings of 5.9 , 5.7, 6.0 so I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to play him

Name: Andrija Kaludjerovic

Position: ST

Role: Advanced Forward

Other Instructions:

Team: FK Crvena Zvezda

Playing with Huntelaar, Dzeko, Neymar and Kadlec. 3 players up front. The roles best suited for my players in you opinion. I play with one Deep Lying Forward(support) and two advanced forwards.

Džeko on the right as a Complete Forward (Support), Neymar left as a Poacher and Klaas in the Middle as a Advanced Forward. Though probably it wouldn work.

Right, this one's a long shot but I'll try nonetheless. Playing with Red Star and playing Kaludjerovic as an advanced forward on attack and he started the season off well scoring 5 in 8 games in all comps but recently he has been playing poorly and getting ratings of 5.9 , 5.7, 6.0 so I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to play him

Name: Andrija Kaludjerovic

Position: ST

Role: Advanced Forward

Other Instructions:

Team: FK Crvena Zvezda

I don't think it's due to the role then as he was fireing them in already as a Advanced Forward. It's more of a form problem. Try critisising him etc...

I don't think it's due to the role then as he was fireing them in already as a Advanced Forward. It's more of a form problem. Try critisising him etc...

I've told him he needs to up his game in the future games, so I'll see how that pans out. I guess what I also wanted to know was if there is a better role that suits him more

I've told him he needs to up his game in the future games, so I'll see how that pans out. I guess what I also wanted to know was if there is a better role that suits him more

IMO Advanced Forward is the best role for him.

Edinson Cavani in 4-2-3-1 wide. What's the best role and duty?

IMO Deep-Lying Forward (Support).

Eduardo in a 4-2-3-1 central (2 wing backs, 2 CM's, 3 AMC's and 1 ST). Best role for him?

The same question but with Neymar.

Also, Paulo Henrique as one of he AMC's in the same formation.

Eduardo as a deep lying forward/attack. That's the most 'general' role, and his PPMs will take care of the rest.

Neymar up front should be advanced forward, or inside forward/attack as an AMC.

Ganso I would say advanced playmaker/support. Possibly attack, depending on the players around him.

I don't think Suarez is a suitable DLF due to his PPM. It might be interesting to try him as a trequartista and see what happens, though.

I don't care about his PPM, halfway through a season with Ajax and he's scoring a goal a game, with El Ham hitting one every game and a bit, using those settings. Methinks its working :thup:

That said Suarez is a good TQ, I just couldn't get a suitable role for El Ham alongside him (didn't want both on 'attack')

Liedson - Poacher,

RVN - Advanced Forward,

Tevez - Deep-Lying Forward (Support),

D'Allesandro - Advanced Playmaker (Support) and

Super Mario - Advanced Forward.

But, in all honesty it all depends on with who are they paired or ar they lone strikers, what formation, etc...

Rooney , rossi , aguero . How to pair them up. I play 4-4-2. I tried rotating aguero and rossi as advance forwards they are doing alright alongside a deeplying forward supp role rooney. But the problem is rooney is doing badly. What shd I do?

I play Rooney as a DLF on Attack as a lone striker, and he's playing superbly atm. Aguero would probably suit Poacher, Trequartista or Advanced Forward better. Rossi is a fantastic Trequartista, but can easily play as a Poacher, or a DLF in you want to change Rooney's role, to a Poacher, Trequartista or Advanced Forward.

Rooney , rossi , aguero . How to pair them up. I play 4-4-2. I tried rotating aguero and rossi as advance forwards they are doing alright alongside a deeplying forward supp role rooney. But the problem is rooney is doing badly. What shd I do?

I'd play Aguero as a Poacher and Rooney as a Complete Forward (Support), Rossi also as a Poacher, but when Aguero and Rossi are paired then I'd have Aguero in Support duty and Rossi on Attack.

I play Rooney as a DLF on Attack as a lone striker, and he's playing superbly atm. Aguero would probably suit Poacher, Trequartista or Advanced Forward better. Rossi is a fantastic Trequartista, but can easily play as a Poacher, or a DLF in you want to change Rooney's role, to a Poacher, Trequartista or Advanced Forward.

Hey Lee, good to see you again. :)

does 2 Attacking role strikers work together?

They can, but it is highly suggested for them to play on dfferent duties so they could strech two centrebacks and that leaves a lot of space for attacking striker to exploit it. I hope you understood me.

They can, but it is highly suggested for them to play on dfferent duties so they could strech two centrebacks and that leaves a lot of space for attacking striker to exploit it. I hope you understood me.

Just to expand on this, 2 attacking strikers could also leave them isolated from the rest of your team and would lead to lots of hoofs!

Superb. Thanks Fabio and Edgar. Just Another question. Best Role For Aguero is Poacher? But he have "come deep to get ball" PPM. Does it affect the poacher role?

No not really. A player like Aguero pretty much trancends any instructions you give him anyway, his creativity, flair etc will mean he's likely to choose a better option than you could ever plan for anyway.

I would give Aguero advanced forward over poacher anyway, just for the extra creative freedom.

I agree, but given that he has Ronney, who would act as a Complete Forward (Support), next to him, then Poacher would be more then enoguh.

How would I play Torres and Dzeko in a 4-4-2?

The problem with them is usually 1 plays well and the other doesn't. Atm I have them as Torres (advanced forward) & Dzeko (Target Man/Atk)

Something I also noticed with Torres is he loves drifting out to the left, running with the ball to the byline and attempting weak shots from awkward angles. Anyone else experiencing the same?

How would I play Torres and Dzeko in a 4-4-2?

The problem with them is usually 1 plays well and the other doesn't. Atm I have them as Torres (advanced forward) & Dzeko (Target Man/Atk)

Something I also noticed with Torres is he loves drifting out to the left, running with the ball to the byline and attempting weak shots from awkward angles. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Torres Advanced Forward and Dzeko Complete Forward (Support) IMO.

What About Jack Wilshere If i Play Him As MC ?

Advanced Playmaker (Support) or (Attack).

Southampton - 2013/2014 - Premier League

Jack Cork - CM

Kevin Doyle - ST

Sergio Araujo - ST

Mark Noble - CM

Marc Albrighton - RM (Not ARM)

Roles? Macheda (advanced forward) and Doyle striker's pair holder.

Sorry for my english. =[

Archived