FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I played Alexis Sanchez as a Winger ( Attk ) playing normally. Any tweaking in player instructions for him that can bring even better performance from him?

Cut inside or move into channels (your choice) then tone down, crossing, thru balls and long shots, max out run with ball.

He's not particularly quick but he's very intelligent and good technically, so I'd suggest you play him with the 'cuts inside' wideplay, with his duty, attack or support, depending on the rest of the team. Runs from deep, runs with ball, long shots, through balls and cross ball all set to sometimes imo.

I'm playing the 4-2-3-1 Asymetric with Liverpool, got Joe Cole in ML position, any ideas on the best role for him? rest of the team is:

Reina

Johnson - Carra - Skrtel - Bastos

M'Villa

Meireles - COLE

Gerrard - Henderson

Torres

If he is ML then winger attack, but i personally would play him as an AMC!

He seems to be doing ok AF7? From my experience with others in that role (obv not him), they are the man who makes the assist, if you see what I mean. Tbh you are using him in his best role, perhaps you need to look at the others in your team or just accept that he's playing a vital role (don't know if he is but those stats from MC look good to me).

Yeah, I suppose it is his best role, just seems impossible to get him to perform magnificently like he should with though attributes.

Any recommendations on adapting the sliders at all?

Cheers

Well that depends on what you want him to do.

For him I would have thru balls maxed, run with ball sometimes, long shots mixed, crossing mixed.

Like I say though, and only you can know this, is he providing the final balls for the assists to come from? If so, although his ratings don't reflect it he's doing a great job anyway. Its always tough to get MC's to get good ratings (although its better in 11 than 10)

Need help with Rossi , If i play rooney as deep lying forward(Supp) , Should i play his as advance forward or poacher?

Rossi is Poacher.

kk joe thanks , what about Sergio Aguero Alongside Rooney?

Poacher.

guys what about messi, Xavi, Inesta and villa

Inside Forward (Attack), Advanced Playmaker (Support), Advanced Playmaker (Attack), Advanced Forward.

guys what about messi, Xavi, Inesta and villa

I use Messi as Complete Forward (support), both Xavi and Iniesta as Center Midfielder (support) and Villa as Inside Forward (attack) with RFD changed to mixed. Balanced Philosophy and Control Strategy. Messi has 36 goals and 13 assists at the end of January!

I bought Lass Diarra for free and thinking about playing him as ball winning midfielder as previously commented. Do you all reckon thats what he plays best as?

DM - Anchor Man IMO.

Need help with Dzeko, Aguero, Pastore, Sanchez, Zhirkov. Should I play with a lone striker, or both Dzeko and Aguero upfront?

Pastore - Advanced Playmaker (Attack), Sanchez - Inside Forward (Attack), Zhitrkov - Winger (Support). Džeko - target Man (Support) and Aguero - Poacher.

Archived