FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

Not sure that Rossi is really ideal to hold up the ball? He's somebody you want on the end of plays not in the middle or creating for others, he'll run the channels as-well.

I would agree with the holding up the ball part - but with such good passing and creativity stats, I'd like to see him creating something from open play (he has two assists from set-pieces, one corner one FK) at some point. I was thinking maybe Advanced Forward?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would agree with the holding up the ball part - but with such good passing and creativity stats, I'd like to see him creating something from open play (he has two assists from set-pieces, one corner one FK) at some point. I was thinking maybe Advanced Forward?

Maybe, perhaps look at tweaking the DLF role as-well?

In need of a little advice, what would you guys do with these two? The players I have dictate I play a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 (bascially one up top), I have been using Scherz as a winger on the right or as an inside forward on the left or as a poacher up front whereas Genc is currently being used as a deep lying forward as he has 'likes to come deep' and 'runs with ball through centre' as PPM's but i feel as if he's not fulfilling his goalscoring potential. I've tried him as a poacher but I don't like poachers up on there own, feel like they get isolated, whereas a DLF can come deeper to get involved, which with his passing, dribbling and first touch i am aiming for (but mainly goals!!!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scherz-1.png

Genc.png

p.s. sorry for the small pictures! not sure how to enlarge them.

IIRC there is a setting when uploading an image to photobucket which allows you to stop it from shrinking the image to a smaller resolution, that should stop the small screenshots although they are perfectly readable as they are.

From looking at the screenshots are they really doing that bad? I mean Genc seems to be scoring a fair amount of goals and getting some assists? Sanchez does seem to be suffering abit but he has seven assists which is hardly terrible so he's clearly creating more than getting on the end. Have you considered using Sanchez as more of a complete forward or advanced forward? No all strikers are going to score 40 plus goals a season, not even in FM. :p

In need of advice for role and duty for your new striker (the one you bought, after selling Rooney)?

Or you just found the best possible role and duty for a player and you would like to share that with all of us?

This is the place for you! We'll do our best to help you find the best roles and duties for your players!

Would be helpful if you would use this format:

Name:

Position:

Role:

Duty:

Other Instructions:

Team:

Team's Formation:

Good luck everyone. :)

Cheers.

Please everyone, post as per format in the OP otherwise it is very hard to help anyone.

cedric bakambu

striker

poacher

attack

celtic

4-1-2-1-2

romelu lukaku

striker

complete forward

attack

celtic

4-1-2-1-2

playing bakumbu on left side lukaku on right side need best way to get both of them scoring please i have eden hazard playing as trequresta behind the two of them

Name: Moussa Dembele

Position: Striker (right hand side)

Role: Deep Lying Forward

Duty: Support

Other Instructions:

Team: Fulham

Team's Formation: 4-4-2

Can't seem to get the best out of him. Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks

Maybe, perhaps look at tweaking the DLF role as-well?

:thup: I'll give it a try. He has the stats for it, I just never considered it (no idea why). Thanks for the help. I'll report back if it works. :)

I managed to get Junior Hoilett performing fantastically for me, so I don't need any help with him. Set him as a Winger Attack, Cross Ball Sometimes, Through Balls Sometimes and Cut Inside - he can be wasteful with chances due to poor decision making, but he gets so many chances that he'll finally put something right. :)

Name:DRIES MERTENS, DARREN BENT, BRYAN RUIZ

Position: ALL AMS OR STRIKERS

Role: NOT YET SET

Duty: NOT YET SET

Other Instructions: BENT TO RARE RWB

Team: VILLA

Team's Formation: NOT YET SET: I KNOW I WANT THESE 3 AS AN ATTACKING TRIO BUT COULD GO 442, 4312, 4321

FIRST TIME I'VE USED THIS THREAD. NEED SUGGESTIONS ON ROLES/DUTIES/FORMATION TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS "DREAM" TRIO.

SORRY COULDNT GIVE YOU MORE INFO I'M TOTALLY UNSURE AS TO HOW TO PLAY THIS TRIO

What is the best role for Rooney? He is yet to score this season, after 8 games. Currently I've got him playing as a complete forward, upfront with Hernandez who is a poacher.

What is the best role for Rooney? He is yet to score this season, after 8 games. Currently I've got him playing as a complete forward, upfront with Hernandez who is a poacher.

I have him on Deep Lying Forward (Support) and he scores 20ish goals with addition of 20-25 assists per season.

Name: Serjao (re-gen, pic below)

Position: Striker

Current Role: Modified Target Man

Duty: Attack

Other Instructions: See other pic

Team: AC Milan

Teams Formation: 4-1-1-2-2

I play him in a front two along with Pato (poacher, attack). He isn't doing so badly so far considering he's young and a new signing, I just want to be sure I have him playing in the best role possible.

serjao1.jpg

serjao2.jpg

Thanks for any help :) x

Hi there, what role would Hulk best be played in, on his own up front with an AMC just behind and to wingers just behind the striker also? Thanks.

Also, is he better in the AML position or SC? Thanks.

Also, is he better in the AML position or SC? Thanks.

I've played him upfront for Brazil as part of a front two, I think I had him playing as a poacher. He also does a great job playing at AML as an inside forward, used him there when I wanted to play Pato and Neymar upfront. He's just as comfortable there as playing at striker, and he grabs a few goals arriving at the back post when the ball comes in from the other flank.

Name:Graham Dorrans

Position:MC [alongside CM support(Scharner), in front of DMC ballwinning defend Mulumbo ]

Role:? Have tried him as CM Attack with allowed to roam, done well sometimes.. Have most used him to the right of the 2

Duty:?

Other Instructions:

Team:Brunt as AML, winger support, AMR Miller or Tchoyi as Inside forward attack/support

Team's Formation:4-1-2-2-1/4-3-3 No one is allowed to roam, playing disciplined..

@Hagginho, looking at Dorrans on my current save and his preferred moves he might be worth trying out as a deep lying playmaker, tweaked to allow him a little more freedom to run with the ball.

@dburns, not sure about Hamsik or Cavani as I haven't managed to sign either yet despite repeated attempts. Though Cavani looks like he'd be the ideal Complete Forward.

Hazard could probably do well in any of the wide roles, but he does an amazing job for me at AML as an Advanced Playmaker-attack cutting inside. His crossing isn't great so I don't play him as an out and out winger, and his finishing isn't great either so I don't use him as an inside forward. He gets plenty assists though and weighs in with a few screamers out wide as well.

What role would you give Ganso as I'm playing in AMC behind Rooney and Berbatov for my United team?

Basically it's a 4-3-1-2:

----------Rooney----------Berbatov-----------

--------------------Ganso------------------------

----Nani----------Fletcher-------------Valencia------

-----Evra----Vidic------Ferdinand-------Rafael-----

----------------------Neuer------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

What role would you give Ganso as I'm playing in AMC behind Rooney and Berbatov for my United team?

Basically it's a 4-3-1-2:

----------Rooney----------Berbatov-----------

--------------------Ganso------------------------

----Nani----------Fletcher-------------Valencia------

-----Evra----Vidic------Ferdinand-------Rafael-----

----------------------Neuer------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

Advanced playmaker (support)

should i buy Eden Hazard for 24mil or Javier Pastore for 37mil to fit in this team in 2013? I'm Valencia. Which player will be better in the amc role?

--------------------------Neymar--------------------------

Mata------------------AMC-------------------Hernandez

--------------M'Vila---------Banega

Mathieu------Kjaer------Subotic------Vrsaljo

-------------------------delac--------------------------

Fabio MVP , can help me with my Edison Cavani above?

Sure can do mate.

First focus passing all over the place and play him as a Advanced Forward or Poacher as he has DLF (Support) next to him. Complete Forward (Attack) might be a good shout as well.

should i buy Eden Hazard for 24mil or Javier Pastore for 37mil to fit in this team in 2013? I'm Valencia. Which player will be better in the amc role?

--------------------------Neymar--------------------------

Mata------------------AMC-------------------Hernandez

--------------M'Vila---------Banega

Mathieu------Kjaer------Subotic------Vrsaljo

-------------------------delac--------------------------

If money isn't the problem then I'd go for Pastore.

Name:Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Position:ST

Role:?

Duty:?

Other Instructions:?

Team:

Team's Formation: 4-3-3/4-5-1 Fluid - he scores so much as DPF - attack, but doesnt feel right in my build up.. I have changed his to "normal", and not as it should "moves into channels"

How should i set up my midfield, and my wingers so that i can get the most out of him? Chris Brunt seems so useful as Winger-support, but he doesnt se enough of the ball..

Advice?

Name: My midfield - Hazard/Douglas Costa/M'Vila/Sahin/Robben

Position: MF/ATT

Role:

Duty:

Other Instructions:

Team: Man Utd

Team's Formation: Was using the common 4-2-3-1 worked first season and half of the 2nd season but 5 games into season 3 im getting nowhere. Switching to 4-2-2-2 with Hernandez(advanced attack) and Rooney(deep support) just now i have Robben/Valencia AMR inside forward. Hazard/Costa AML also inside forward. Sahin CMR advanced playmaker attack with M'Vila CML ball winning support.

How should i set up the midfield specifically? The forwards arent scoring as many as they should - first season Chica hit 46(poacher) with Rooney 34(Adv playmaker attack) and 2nd season Chica hit 15 with Rooney 23

Advice please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fabio and Edgar can you help me once again now I'm Playing Juventus with 4-2-3-1 Formation (with 2 MC),

with Poli/Marchisio, Vidal, Eden Hazard/Giovinco, Pastore/Ganso, Krasic/Sanchez, and rossi, any idea??

Hello Fabio and Edgar can you help me once again now I'm Playing Juventus with 4-2-3-1 Formation (with 2 MC),

with Poli/Marchisio, Vidal, Eden Hazard/Giovinco, Pastore/Ganso, Krasic/Sanchez, and rossi, any idea??

We actually helped someone? :D

Rossi - ST - Poacher

Krasić - AMR - Winger (Attack)/Sanchez - AMR - Inside Forward (Attack)

Pastore/Ganso - AMC - Advaced Playmaker (Attack)

Hazard/Giovinco - AML - Inside Forward (Attack) or Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

Vidal/Marchisio - MC - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend)

Poli - MC - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

Okay, Edgar's turn. ;)

We actually helped someone? :D

Rossi - ST - Poacher

Krasić - AMR - Winger (Attack)/Sanchez - AMR - Inside Forward (Attack)

Pastore/Ganso - AMC - Advaced Playmaker (Attack)

Hazard/Giovinco - AML - Inside Forward (Attack) or Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

Vidal/Marchisio - MC - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend)

Poli - MC - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

Okay, Edgar's turn. ;)

Yes a help with my game :). Okay thank you,

rossi, Krasic, Vidal, Marchisio and Poli is the same but to compare

1. Pastore is usually play as Advanced Plyamaker(Support) to support Rossi and not tick as primary playmaker(Poli does) cause if tick Pastore doesn't play well, what do you think?

2. for Ganso is there a way that he can play in MC and with what role?

3. as for Hazard-AML- Inside Forward (Support), this win him Second Runner for Golden Ball) and Giovinco-AML-Winger(Support) have play really well as backup , my question is ok to play a lot player in (Attack) not (Support), what do you think?

Yes a help with my game :). Okay thank you,

rossi, Krasic, Vidal, Marchisio and Poli is the same but to compare

1. Pastore is usually play as Advanced Plyamaker(Support) to support Rossi and not tick as primary playmaker(Poli does) cause if tick Pastore doesn't play well, what do you think?

2. for Ganso is there a way that he can play in MC and with what role?

3. as for Hazard-AML- Inside Forward (Support), this win him Second Runner for Golden Ball) and Giovinco-AML-Winger(Support) have play really well as backup , my question is ok to play a lot player in (Attack) not (Support), what do you think?

I'd tick Pastore to be my primary playmaker.

I don't find Ganso to be as good on MC as he is on AMC

If they play well in Support duties then leave them like that. Don't fix what ain't broken. ;)

I'd tick Pastore to be my primary playmaker.

I don't find Ganso to be as good on MC as he is on AMC

If they play well in Support duties then leave them like that. Don't fix what ain't broken. ;)

Yes i have tried to tick Pastore as my primary playmaker as Advance Playmaker and Use Hazard as Inside Forward (Attack) and they produced quite a display in 2 games against Totenham Hotspur (Averaging 9 or more than 9 both of them) we scored 5-2 and 5-1, so i will try use them in Attack Mode, my question is :

1. Is there any way to reduce the goal my team suffered, use the common role for defenders or modiify there roles

My Dedenfer are

LB-Taiwo/Jose angel -Full Back(automatic)

RB-Gregory van der wiel/Sorenson-Full back(automatic)

CBL-Chiellini/Bonucci-Defender (Defend)

CBR-Mussachio/Bonucci-Defender (Defend)

2. we used to struggle against a 3 man MC etheir 4-3-1-2 or 4-5-1

3. Paulo Henrique is still struggling in the role of Advance Playmaker (attack) is this a problem of settling, since he is just currently joined for 4 months in Winter Transfer or should I try different roles that might suitable for him

Thank you the for advice

I'm glad it works for ya. Ganso still not settled mate. He need time to get used to new culture.

As for defence Full back on Automatic, Ball Playing Defender (Cover) and Limited Defender (Stopper) doing the job for me.

Match preparation on Average and set to Defensive Positioning works wonders for me. Very few conceded and quite a few scored.

Have Chiellini as a Ball Playing and the other one as a limited.

I'm glad it works for ya. Ganso still not settled mate. He need time to get used to new culture.

As for defence Full back on Automatic, Ball Playing Defender (Cover) and Limited Defender (Stopper) doing the job for me.

Match preparation on Average and set to Defensive Positioning works wonders for me. Very few conceded and quite a few scored.

Have Chiellini as a Ball Playing and the other one as a limited.

Quite interesting mate playing Chiellini as Ball Playing will try for sure in the new season(quite a risk because champion cup semi final is coming).

Yes I think Ganso is still settling in.

One Problem now occured,

after a Good form against Totenham in 2games, now Pastore is really struggling when i tick as playmaker and as Advance Playmaker-Attack,

1. He is playing better when i don't tick, left it aotumatic (Set to Poli-Deep Lying Playmaker-Support)

2. And set his role is Advanced Playmaker-Support) ,

3. This also happen to Hazzard he's strugging as Inside Forward-Attack and better when in Support duty

Is it a problem of settling in to a new tactic, because they are used to the old tactics OR because this suites him better to serve Rossi in his Poacher duty?

I really want to try Pastore in Attack duty & tick as prymary playmaker, because his attributes suites better as prymary playmaker and in Attack duty. but the Champion Cup Semifinal is coming

Quite interesting mate playing Chiellini as Ball Playing will try for sure in the new season(quite a risk because champion cup semi final is coming).

Yes I think Ganso is still settling in.

One Problem now occured,

after a Good form against Totenham in 2games, now Pastore is really struggling when i tick as playmaker and as Advance Playmaker-Attack,

1. He is playing better when i don't tick, left it aotumatic (Set to Poli-Deep Lying Playmaker-Support)

2. And set his role is Advanced Playmaker-Support) ,

3. This also happen to Hazzard he's strugging as Inside Forward-Attack and better when in Support duty

Is it a problem of settling in to a new tactic, because they are used to the old tactics OR because this suites him better to serve Rossi in his Poacher duty?

I really want to try Pastore in Attack duty & tick as prymary playmaker, because his attributes suites better as prymary playmaker and in Attack duty. but the Champion Cup Semifinal is coming

i would keep it the way it works for you as it's the end of the season and some important matches are coming. You can try my suggestion when the new season starts and see what works for you better. :thup:

Archived