Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually very easy to make tactics in the Tactic Creator i think. Believe me you don't have to spend hours moving individual sliders, just when your setting up the tactics in the TC try and think about the Opposition and how they will counter the tactics, if you get a good base with this then you could just fine tune it in the Individual sliders which is what i do after going through the TC.

When making a tactic in the TC if your not clued up then kick off with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, I'd say 4-4-2 but the wing-play in this years FM is not good so you'd have more success going through the middle.

The way the Playing Philosophy is set up, Well the way i understand it anyway is that Very rigid will keep the players in position and it's just be the attacking players that are really contributing to the attacking and the defenders just focusing on defence. Very fluid is the complete opposite and all players apart from CD and DM will contribute to attack, Depending on what the mentality setting of the team will determine how attacking they are.

Right next up is Playing style and you have alot of options here from passing Creative Freedom and closing down amongst others. If you look at the little (?) next to the options it will give you a little description of what, Say passing means, I normally go with short passing on my midfield and attacking players and and last notch of short passing for my defenders.

That's just my preference though both short and direct passing have there own advantages with direct getting the ball up quicker and i think is more counter attacking where short passing is more patient.

Also when setting your passing think about the tempo because passing and tempo are linked and with direct passing and quick direct tempo is best, With short passing the slow patient buildup works best here, You have to be careful though because if you have the tempo too low you will be caught in possession most probably in your own half aswell, If you have the tempo too high you could be trying to force the ball and players which can mean you will lose possession to sloppy passing or be caught off side, All this i know through observation and watching how the team, playing with the sliders till i got a good understanding of them.

Then we move onto the player roles and again use the (?) to look at what each role means and try and think about what role would be best for your team, Always think about the Opposition aswell though because if you have everyone's team role on attacking the you'll get battered easy this is how i would set it up.

PlayerRoles.jpg

I've posted a screen shot because it'll help you better.

Lets starting with my back 6 (GK FB FB CD CD DM) All i want these players to do is DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND nothing else but that a good indication here is the way they are set up a normal GK 2 FB's 2 Limited Defenders because i don't want them to do anything fancy like try and take players on i just want them to defend and get the ball away simple, And completing my defence is an Anchor man who will sit slightly higher up than the CD's and will act like a 3 defender basically.

Now my front 5 are all about opening the defence up and scoring goals, Not as easy as it's said though.

I have 2 B2B midfielders because if you click on the (?) and read what it says that's exactly what i want my midfield to do, Support the front men and charge late in the box and also hassle the oppositions midfield and defence players to they make mistakes.

I have the advanced play maker next and this role suits him perfect because when the play maker has the ball the Opposition's CD's are gonna come and close him down this will leave gaps for my strikers.....Perfect.

Poacher who will be like a Ruud Van Nistelrooy in his prime in that box and knock in chance in and around the 12 yard box, The advanced forward will be the main striker and he will spearhead the attack running at the Opposition and trying to free up space with off the ball runs.

So they are my player roles all in theory of course but i where setting up a tactic I'd likely choose these settings.

Next we move onto the Player Duties and again use the (?) to understand what each mean this how i would have mine set up.

GK - Defend

FB - Defend

FB - Defend

CD - Defend

CD - Defend

DM - Defend

B2B - Support

B2B - Support

AP - Attack

ST - Poacher - Attack

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack.

As we set up the player roles i already mentioned that i want my First 6 players just to defend and the rest attacking which is how it is set up there.

Move on to starting strategy now and I'd choose either Control or Attacking, Control against the bigger teams and attack against the smaller ones.

so you have your completed tactic the first thing i look at is team settings and i change the way we pass the ball from mixed to through the middle because whats the point in having passing on mixed if there is no one on the wings. again simple Logical thinking.

Now I'm going to contradict myself here but all the people that have used my tactics will know that i have changed almost all the individual settings myself to what i want them to be, The reason behind this is because when I've watched matches I've seen the Opposition open me up or score and i actively try and stop them from doing it so i change the settings to try and do this, This is where the patience and trying not to lose your temper with the game comes in because it's a painfully annoying thinking process but the rewards for knowing you have made your own tactics and how greatly people appreciate them is sensational.

I hope this has helped you understand tactics abit better, If you need anymore help just let me know.

I don't think you'd have to go that far really cos them players you have mentioned arew some of the best left and right backs in the game.

I think the best option would be to try and sign a center back with them stats and re-train him as a left right back

An update on the Hull City Test don't forget i have signed 1 player a DM on loan and Hull are Predicted to come 20th aswell.

Believe me when i say that i have never cheated once since Beginning this tester save.

This was my latest Result against Liverpool, The match ended 3-1 they only scored because of a mistake by my player.

HullVsLiverpool.jpg

The league table as it stands after 10 games.

Hull10gamesin.jpg

My League and Cup Fixtures since starting the Test.

HullFixtures.jpg

And lastly my goals from corners just to show the skeptics that i have never and will never ever cheat.

IneverCheat.jpg

I'm gonna keep testing but i'll test with a top team now like Arsenal to see what it's like with them.

mr hough im using juventus and i never score from corner...i have dzzeko and cheillini who is better to put at far post ?

Chellini easy, have the corners inswings aswell Right footed player taking left sided corners and Left footed players taking Right sided Corners.

Mate release it. You're making people impatient with such screens you know :D.

Maybe someone should help the lad in testing? :)

I learned quite a bit from you Mr H.

I realise that because i'd be Impatient if i was in your position too, I'm gonna do a ultra quick test with Arsenal and if all goes well it'll be out later this afternoon.

I realise that because i'd be Impatient if i was in your position too, I'm gonna do a ultra quick test with Arsenal and if all goes well it'll be out later this afternoon.

i will wait till my last breath .. :D

i would do mate but im at collage at the moment but i can say i have a young MC called Gavin Turner and i got him when he was 19 and he had a CA = 150 PA = 188 .. two years later he has got 187 CA so the training really does work ..

I will do screenshots as soon as i get back mate

i would do mate but im at collage at the moment but i can say i have a young MC called Gavin Turner and i got him when he was 19 and he had a CA = 150 PA = 188 .. two years later he has got 187 CA so the training really does work ..

I will do screenshots as soon as i get back mate

i will wait mate because i wan start a new save later alongside with mr hough newest tactic and i wan to focus on young player on my save..

ur tactic is doing wonders for me when i got stuck in legue 1 with rushden,got promoted only when i tried ur tactics,and on holliday mode ^^ same 2 seasons in ccc when where supposed to fight for survival i got to playoffs both sesons in holliday mode,awesome.... got bored cuz lack of money to buy dfeacent players,resigned and tok over man u in dec,not that impressive so far..... good vs top teams and not that great vs lower teams,altho my squad havent gelled,also quite a few newsignings too,gona try it a bit moore.... Looking forward to ur update soon :D

I've been using the 8/5/10 tactic with my current Dinamo Kiev team. The team is pretty good overall, especially when compared to the other teams in the UPL. I was using the goalstorm tactic but it wasn't working too well against other top teams in the league like Shaktar (I was lucky to draw 1-1 at home). After changing to this one my first match went pretty well, I hammered Slavia Prague 5-0. I guess after a few games the AI has started to figure out how to counter the new tactic. Lost to Dnipro 1-3 at home, got beaten by AZ and Arsenal in the CL etc. Against mediocre and bottom teams I do okay, but really struggle with the top ones. They tend to dominate the game and I feel lucky to even draw the matches.

I suck at tactics so I can't really pinpoint what's wrong, especially when I only watch key highlights. My teamtalks probably suck, though I've been reading up on them lately. My fullbacks aren't too good defensively and often I feel my two central defenders are positioned really down the pitch by themselves. Scary stuff for ball losing situations. Oh and it probably doesn't help that my central defence is rather slow.

I've been using the 8/5/10 tactic with my current Dinamo Kiev team. The team is pretty good overall, especially when compared to the other teams in the UPL. I was using the goalstorm tactic but it wasn't working too well against other top teams in the league like Shaktar (I was lucky to draw 1-1 at home). After changing to this one my first match went pretty well, I hammered Slavia Prague 5-0. I guess after a few games the AI has started to figure out how to counter the new tactic. Lost to Dnipro 1-3 at home, got beaten by AZ and Arsenal in the CL etc. Against mediocre and bottom teams I do okay, but really struggle with the top ones. They tend to dominate the game and I feel lucky to even draw the matches.

I suck at tactics so I can't really pinpoint what's wrong, especially when I only watch key highlights. My teamtalks probably suck, though I've been reading up on them lately. My fullbacks aren't too good defensively and often I feel my two central defenders are positioned really down the pitch by themselves. Scary stuff for ball losing situations. Oh and it probably doesn't help that my central defence is rather slow.

I know it can be Frustrating when things are going wrong and you can't put your finger on why, Sometimes i get dominated by teams yet i will still win 2-0, you could try using the Opposition Instructions on the wide players thins might help abit.

I'm nearly at the end of my testing now so i'll be releasing my new tactic soon.

Is it true you have a rival called The Hough King? (little Simpsons joke there)

Havent tried your new version yet but ill be sure to give them a go. Cheers.

Lmao, Classic Simpsons episode They don't make them like that anymore.

brilliant tactic this, most matches for me seem like basketball games though with plenty of goals at both ends, anyway ive im in the 2018/19 season and ive been at blackpool for 4 seasons ive turned them from a mid league 1 side into a steady mid table championship team with my own tactics and now with the your classic tactic we were going well (3rd and in the race for the title), until january when alot of my players came out saying they cant handle the media pressure and my strikers are going on long runs of not scoring which im still sure is a bug

anyway ill finish this season and get back with a season review

Mr Hough

Just wondered again if the Player Requirements changed on the 8th May will still apply to the GCS tactic.

And if they don't do you have details of the Player Requirements for the GCS tactics.

Thanks

Mr Hough

Just wondered again if the Player Requirements changed on the 8th May will still apply to the GCS tactic.

And if they don't do you have details of the Player Requirements for the GCS tactics.

Thanks

I'm not sure i don't think they'll be major differences in the requirements but the best person to ask is GCS as he made the modifications.

Right sorry for the Long delay but believe me it's worth it.

I have tested this tactic that I'm Releasing now with 3 teams Blyth Spartans, Hull City and Arsenal.

I've already posted some screens of Blyth and Hull city but I'm gonna again just to refresh your memory.

Here is my Blyth save only 10 games in But still Very Impressive i think.

Blyth10gamesin.jpg

Next it's Arsenal and again unbeaten in my first 10 games, I know arsenal have a really good Squad but after testing with 2 lower standard teams i wanted to test with a big one, I made no Signings for this test either.

Arsenal10gamesin.jpg

Now my greatest Achievement so far, with Hull City a team that is Predicated to come 20th in the League, Well that was before i took over of course lol, I made 1 signing a DM on loan.

Hull10gamesin.jpg

Now i know I'm only 10 games in on these tester Saves but the Potential is there for you all to see.

Once again i hadn't been using OI's but during the Arsenal Test i started Clicking 'Ask Assistant' and i think it made a Slight Difference to the Teams Performance it's up to you if use it or not i will probably from now on.

The players Attributes are the Same in the OP no change to the at all

Here is the Link you have all been waiting for, Again as always feedback weather criticism ot praise is always welcome.

http://www.filefront.com/16470297/Mr%20Hough%204-1-2-3%20Unbeaten%20Final%20Version.%20%28Arsenal%2C%20Oct%202009%29.tac

Hi Mr Hough, was just wanting to check the op attributes. For a league one player should most stats be 11, championship = 13 and premiership = 15? Also, does a player have to have all stats to that value or would two or three suffice? Thanks in advance. Well done on the tactics btw!

Hi Mr Hough, was just wanting to check the op attributes. For a league one player should most stats be 11, championship = 13 and premiership = 15? Also, does a player have to have all stats to that value or would two or three suffice? Thanks in advance. Well done on the tactics btw!

For league 1 i'd be looking for 12 to 13, 11 Minimum Championship 13 to 14 Premiership 14 Minimum

If you try and get players with these stats in there attributtes you'll be fine.

Mr Hough, been playing with your Classic 10.3 tactic with the 3 strikers moved to AMC position, and I have it has been tremendous!!! Very solid in defence, very effective in the attack (scoring a lot with less chances!). Do you have any idea if your new one will work with the sames changes? What's the main differences between the new one and the classic 10.3?

Mr Hough, been playing with your Classic 10.3 tactic with the 3 strikers moved to AMC position, and I have it has been tremendous!!! Very solid in defence, very effective in the attack (scoring a lot with less chances!). Do you have any idea if your new one will work with the sames changes? What's the main differences between the new one and the classic 10.3?

the defence is the main difference I've really tried to understand the Nike Defence set up and that's what i have in there. slightly changed the attack not much and the tempo aswell.

I don't think it will make that much difference if you move the middle striker at all.

the defence is the main difference I've really tried to understand the Nike Defence set up and that's what i have in there. slightly changed the attack not much and the tempo aswell.

I don't think it will make that much difference if you move the middle striker at all.

I Actually do not change only the middle striker, I change all 3 strikers!!! Opposition defenders are really going bananas!!!

I'm playing like this:

AMC AMC AMC

MC MC

DMC

DL DC DC DR

GK

Been using Vucinic, Gourkuff (middle AMC and top goalscorer) and Robinho as the 3 AMC's.