FMS Community Thread / Episode III / When Liverpool Attacks

tenthreeleader

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're exactly the headphones I already have, Weg. No way would I wear a pair of 'mug me' headphones. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the X-Fi2
They're top quality, I recommend them to everyone I know.

On another note, congratulations to New Zealand football, you deserve it.

Terk, I reckon you could do a better job judging on your performance in your stories.

I just don't get what Burley is trying to do with the side. It sounds horribly negative to say it, but we don't have the quality of player to play the attractive style of game that he likes. I still like the man from his time at Hearts, but in my opinion he's trying to get the players to play a style of game that they're never going to be capable of.

Smith and McLeish, dour as it was, got the tactical side of it right, pressure the opposition, get in their face, stop them from playing their game. It's never going to be pretty to watch, but it was more successful. If either McLeish or Smith had had a group as relatively easy as the one Burley just had, I'm certain we'd have had a place in the play-offs.

Egypt v. Algeria - live in Sudan on Wednesday.

Final score in Cairo: EGYPT 2 - 0 ALGERIA

If you had no knowledge of the situation (ie, a 2-0 win for Egypt meant a play-off between the two nations as they are tied in every way possible, and they scored that second goal five minutes into injury time) then your post makes no sense, whatsoever. I had to go and look elsewhere to get any idea of what you were on about :p

And seriously, stop with the bolding everything :p

If you had no knowledge of the situation (ie, a 2-0 win for Egypt meant a play-off between the two nations as they are tied in every way possible, and they scored that second goal five minutes into injury time) then your post makes no sense, whatsoever. I had to go and look elsewhere to get any idea of what you were on about :p

And seriously, stop with the bolding everything :p

Jeez, I haven't done it THAT often. :p

Terk i have the iPhone and it's well worth the money! You'll never get bored of it with all the apps and youtube videos :) It never seems to run out of memory which is good for someone like me who has bucket loads of photos and music on the phone ;)

Of course it's alot of money no matter what you get on but i'd get it on contract :D

Hope this helps

On closer inspection I see it is ipod touch :thup:

Well that made me look pretty stupid! :D

But yeah get the iPod touch :D

Yeah, its the touch. I have no desire for the one gadget that does everything which most people have. Also I'm very much a Creative fanboy. I have had an iPod in the past and the competing Creative has always kicked its ass for sound quality - which is a big thing on my list.

I do live creative :) I had a zen really liked it but when the iPhone came along it sort've just went in my cupboard!

Yes the sound is a big thing I agree, but I think the headphones and the type of music also comes into play. Also the iPod has really good apps :) I have Skull Candys, really impressive well worth the £60 i payed! :)

I do live creative :) I had a zen really liked it but when the iPhone came along it sort've just went in my cupboard!

Yes the sound is a big thing I agree, but I think the headphones and the type of music also comes into play. Also the iPod has really good apps :) I have Skull Candys, really impressive well worth the £60 i payed! :)

I accept that I'm in the vast minority, but I really couldn't give a monkeys about the apps on the touch. The WiFi would be of more interest for me for web browsing, but I have my phone for doing that and I'm getting a netbook in January, so I probably wouldn't use it that much. Pretty much decided I'm going for the Creative - I'll live with its inferior functionality for better sound quality and the micro sd expandable memory.

I'm a big fan of Creative MP3 players too...although I'm getting a bit fed up of my X-Fi which seems incapable of remembering settings, and randomly turns itself on (the settings it refuses to remember are to not use the internal speaker, and the volume setting which is always ridiculously high) while charging. On the other hand, I still think its better than being an Apple fanboy.

Oh, and I bet on England to lose by 2 or more goals today....how crap is it to watch your nation perform abysmally, but not abysmally enough to win you money?

Much as I want to like Creative (local company and all that), I find iPods so much easier and painless to use. I sort everything in iTunes, then plug it in and voila. All done.

Sure they break once in a while, but that's a small trade-off I reckon.

I'm a Windows guy, if it's Apple vs. Microsoft that's brewing here.

Both are over-hyped, but Windows is easier to use :D

I have no affinity to either. I buy PCs rather than Macs because they're actually affordable. But I do a lot of video editing, and Macs are better for that, so I was just saying that, purely for that reason, if I had the money, I'd get an iMac.

Much as I want to like Creative (local company and all that), I find iPods so much easier and painless to use. I sort everything in iTunes, then plug it in and voila. All done.

Sure they break once in a while, but that's a small trade-off I reckon.

iTunes is the worst piece of music software I have ever used, it is actually terrible, it is such a pain to use and its functionality is non-existent.

iTunes is the worst piece of music software I have ever used, it is actually terrible, it is such a pain to use and its functionality is non-existent.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

At least it's a lot better than the crap Windows Media Player. Especially for an Asian who listens to a fair bit of Chinese music, which WMP doesn't seem to recognise as a language.

I'm enjoying a healthy dose of Swine Flu, it's fantabulous. However, it has given me time to catch up with some new series, Fringe and Flash Forward are pretty cool.

Are you quarantined? If so, for how long?

It seems like the panic has gone out of the swine flu epidemic, I don't hear much about it anymore.

Why would buying an apple product mean you were a lemming?

Apple products has been branded as 'trendy' which attracts a large portion of the whole 'fad' crowd, who buy things without any real knowledge or understanding of the product, they buy it simply because it's the 'in thing' to have.

I tend to refer to such behaviour as that akin to a lemming (you know, jumping off into the sea for no real reason other than the fact that, well, everyone else is doing it).

Apple products has been branded as 'trendy' which attracts a large portion of the whole 'fad' crowd, who buy things without any real knowledge or understanding of the product, they buy it simply because it's the 'in thing' to have.

I tend to refer to such behaviour as that akin to a lemming (you know, jumping off into the sea for no real reason other than the fact that, well, everyone else is doing it).

Fair enough for the first part, but for the second....

Myth Busted!

I'll just add what I posted in the Football Forum about the sorry state of Scotland:

Its not really as simplistic as just replacing the manager though. IMO Burley has failed, because he did not move the squad forward after the consolidation done by Smith and McLeish. Do we really need to go back to a manager like Smith again who we all know will play a conservative game and if he isn't giving youth a chance at Rangers is he going to do so at Scotland. That's assuming we have youth. Wales put out 17/18 year olds, where are ours?

The game needs to be totally shaken up and kids encouraged to start playing it again because the fact it, whilst we may have the odd good player, we do not have have great players and we are a million light years away from having any World Class players. If all the new manager is going to do is keep picking the same sorry bunch as this lot, where is that going to move us anywhere?

George Burley spent far too much time getting freebie tickets to see Rangers and Celtic. Lets face it, if he doesn't know what those players can do by now, he never will so why is he watching them virtually week in week out?

None of the current crop of Scottish managers fill me with any great confidence and in some ways a decent foreign manager might be able to come in and actually help the game develop - something Berti Vogts did not do. Unless we produce and develop young players we are never going to a World Cup again, and it is up to the SFA and the club to make sure this happens because who else is going to?

Are you quarantined? If so, for how long?

It seems like the panic has gone out of the swine flu epidemic, I don't hear much about it anymore.

Not quarantined, but not allowed to go to work, which is usually a good thing, but I started a new job last week and taking sick leave within two weeks looks quite bad.

It's pretty rough, but no worse than the last time I had flu. The doctor said that you treat it as normal flu unless you have underlying health problems, no need for tamiflu etc.

PS: PM7, if real life follows FM, Scotland will be ranked number 2 in the world in 2022. At least you have something to look forward to :thup:

Swings and roundabouts, people seem to get stuck on the fact that their country isn't producing "talent" as good as years gone by, but it happens to every nation. The good France team had Desailly, Deschamps, Vieira, Zidane and Henry, now they have good players, but I wouldn't consider them anywhere near as good as that team and people rave about their youth setup etc. Same goes for Germany, they are a far cry from the days of Kohler, Matthaus, Moller and Klinsmann.

On the other side, Ivory Coast were one of the worst teams in the world, back in the 90's, now they have players playing in some of the biggest teams in the world.

Scotland's time will come, but every nation spends some time in the international wilderness and I genuinely don't believe that the way football in that country operates, has that big an effect.

Its not really as simplistic as just replacing the manager though. IMO Burley has failed, because he did not move the squad forward after the consolidation done by Smith and McLeish. Do we really need to go back to a manager like Smith again who we all know will play a conservative game and if he isn't giving youth a chance at Rangers is he going to do so at Scotland. That's assuming we have youth. Wales put out 17/18 year olds, where are ours?

Danny Wilson and John Fleck for Scotland!

Here's an interesting debate I've been having. My friend has been asking me for the best sports headline I've ever seen, on a back-page. For me, there was only one winner (it's due to the Sun running a 4oth birthday thing, etc etc)

Super Cally Go Ballistic, Celtic are Atriocious

I just thought it was wonderfully ingenious, and it had me in a fit of laughter for days afterwards :)

Anybody else got an opinion?

Swings and roundabouts, people seem to get stuck on the fact that their country isn't producing "talent" as good as years gone by, but it happens to every nation. The good France team had Desailly, Deschamps, Vieira, Zidane and Henry, now they have good players, but I wouldn't consider them anywhere near as good as that team and people rave about their youth setup etc. Same goes for Germany, they are a far cry from the days of Kohler, Matthaus, Moller and Klinsmann.

On the other side, Ivory Coast were one of the worst teams in the world, back in the 90's, now they have players playing in some of the biggest teams in the world.

Scotland's time will come, but every nation spends some time in the international wilderness and I genuinely don't believe that the way football in that country operates, has that big an effect.

I agree, it's all to do with the water.:p

Archived