Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I did roughly the same with the current tactic in the beginning (I'm on 3rd season now). However I've found a good balance in the centre of midfield which I'm reluctant to change (I used to concede due ok long balls over the top until I settled on the BWM and DLP). Problem is Brown and Tousart aren't quite up to it and I'm struggling to replace them.
  3. Sunday 15th September 2013 On my wish list for the next Transfer Window is a Russian striker who is currently playing in the top tier here in Belarus. He ticks a lot of boxes, except for one, and that is the financial factor. He is due out of contract at the end of the season, so the fee wouldn't necessarily be an issue, but his wages would be. He would be our highest earner by quite some way, and that would be if we could get him to sign for the same money he is currently earning. That is unlikely as he has a few other suitors, so this one will have to go on the back burner for now and will likely only be revisited if we can earn promotion. Monday 16th September It may have been Alexey Rios who has been getting all the attention in recent weeks, but it's the opposite winger Georgy Schennikov who takes the honour of being Lokomotiv's only representative in the Team of the Week. Tuesday 17th September Tomorrow we move away from League action for a few hours, and focus instead on the Belarusian Cup. Few are giving us much of a chance of overturning FC Smorgon over two legs, but they have only lost once more than us in the League this season, it's the draws that have caused us the issues. If we can keep them off the scoreboard however, and then grab an away goal when we visit them for the Second Leg, we could give ourselves a shot of rolling them over and taking a place in the Quarter-Finals for ourselves. With a place in European Football up for grabs (I believe), winning the Cup would shock Belarusian football, while giving ourselves a huge lift in reputation and potentially finances. There's plenty of football to be played yet though. Wednesday 18th September Belarusian Cup, Third Round, First Leg Lokomotiv Stadium, Minsk Lokomotiv Minsk v FC Smorgon Attendance :- 416. Weather :- Gusty, Wet, 7c. Even the prospect of a visit from the League leaders to Minsk for a Cup match hasn't lured the fans to Lokomotiv Stadium, the weather not helping as our average attendance for the season continues to plummet. Igor Zangiev drops to the substitutes bench today, replaced by Yuriy Ryzhko in the centre of the park, while up front we have Nikolay Shvydakov returning to the starting eleven, Lukasz Zuk dropping to the bench to allow the skipper back into the lineup. The difference between today's two goalkeepers was highlighted early on, Dmitry Biryukov's huge clearance down the park was met by Andrey Tarakanov who came to the edge of his box to deal with the ball. When he launched the ball right back downfield, Biryukov didn't come off his line at all, creating some pressure on Maxim Gorbach who had to hook the ball behind his own goal in an awkward looking clearance. Fortunately that came to nothing, as did our counter attack where Nikolay Shvydakov let a shot go from 20 yards out, but it was weak, and off target. Back at the other end of the park, Sergey Kisliy fought off the attentions of first Vladimir Malykh and then Alexey Rios midway through the half, sending a shot just over the angle of the goal frame. We continued to ride our luck, particularly with Roman Gaev who was often found lurking on the edge of the box, his first effort bravely blocked, the second well off target. Shvydakov kept the home fans interested with another effort from the edge of the box, this time a low curler that was on target, but was dealt with fairly routinely by Tarakanov. After Gaev sent another shot just over the bar, our luck finally ran out just under ten minutes before the break. Gorbach conceded another corner, and Egor Sokolovskiy sent an outswinger to the far post, where it was met by Iraqi International defender, Jassim Mohammed Haji, the Captains downward header finding a path through the bodies and into the net to give the visitors a slender lead at the break. It was all a little subdued at the break, both in the stands and in the dressing room. With my grasp of the dialect still not top drawer to say the least, it was my assistant who was given the task of relaying my instructions and rally the players into action as we sought to get back into the tie in the second half. Superb work down the left by Maxim Ivanenko was wasted when Yuriy Ryzhko sidefooted his shot from near the penalty spot wide of the target. Soon after Denys Pshenychnyi rounded a defender and played a diagonal pass to the right and into the path of Georgy Schennikov who was still on that side of the park after taking a corner, but he failed to hit the target with his shot. An encouraging start to the second half, but we were almost punished for failing to capitalise, Ivanenko failing to control the ball well enough after short distribution from Biryukov, and Dymtro Semenov took it from him and sent in a quick shot that the keeper was relieved to see go wide of the target. A low cross from Rios flashed through the Smorgon box without picking out a red shirt, and when it came back in from the other side, Pshenychnyi sent an effort over the bar. At the other end, a great cross from Vladimir Khilkevich midway through the half picked out Semenov as he arrived, but he couldn't keep his header down. The game was becoming a little stretched, and I wasn't convinced that would suit us, so I tried to encourage my players into a more attacking shape without making any personnel changes. That didn't appear to be working, so I started to prepare some late changes, and with fifteen minutes or so left Malykh, Ryzhko and Pshenychnyi were replaced by Alexey Yesipenok, Igor Zangiev and Lukasz Zuk. With five minutes to go Ivanenko drove infield from the left, and after creeping further across the park, he picked a through ball into the path of Rios. The winger cut back inside to avoid a tackle from Haji, and then tried a curler with his weaker left foot, which hit the oncoming Gaev as he attempted a block, and totally wrong footed Tarakanov to find the net, the Smorgon midfielder credited with an own goal. Momentum was very much with us now, and just over two minutes later Eduard Chudnovsky sent the ball down the right and played Rios into acres of space. The winger angled his run to the right edge of the box, before lifting the ball towards the near post, where sub Zuk got in front of Haji and powered his header inside the near post and into the bottom corner to totally turn around this First Leg! Lokomotiv Minsk (0) 2 - Roman Gaev (85 og), Lukasz Zuk (88) FC Smorgon (1) 1 - Jassim Mohammed Haji (36) Dmitry Biryukov; Dmitry Chaka, Vladimir Malykh (Alexey Yesipenok 76), Maxim Gorbach, Maxim Ivanenko; Yuriy Ryzhko (Igor Zangiev 76), Eduard Chudnovsky; Alexey Rios, Georgy Schennikov; Denys Pshenychnyi (Lukasz Zuk 76), Nikolay Shvydakov ©. Unused Substitutes :- Egor Romanovskiy, Vladimir Zuhbaia (GK), Alexandr Degterev, Alexey Razmyslovich. Bookings :- None Possession :- 48% - 52%. Man of the Match :- Jassim Mohammed Haji (FC Smorgon). It's becoming a more frequent event that I disagree with the Man of the Match selection. Many believe that Jassim Mohammed Haji shouldn't even be playing for FC Smorgon this season. The 29 year old fifteen times capped Iraqi International defender is taking advantage of a rule that allows relegated sides to register their foreign players in a second tier league that otherwise forbids those players from taking part. He isn't the only one they have either, Hadi Ali is a 32 year old left back from Bahrain who made two appearances from the bench in the League before fate ended his season with a serious hip injury. They also have another Iraqi International defender who has spent the season in the Reserves. This is what we are up against to get promoted. Back to Haji, who may have scored the opening goal, but he was also a part of both our goals, missing a chance to tackle Alexey Rios as he earned his space to take a shot, and then falling asleep at the near post and culpable for failing to match Lukasz Zuk's effort as he got in front of the defender and headed in the winning goal. Man of the Match? Not for me. In fact, we really didn't get much credit for that comeback victory at all. That was a first goal in over 600 minutes of football for Zuk, and means we are now four matches unbeaten, with three wins during that spell. Undoubtedly a win over the League leaders will be a huge confidence boost for everyone at the club, and in many ways that win would have been better off coming in the League. Whether it will be enough to move on in the Cup of course remains to be seen. We will certainly be seeing plenty more of FC Smorgon, we have a home and away League match before they visit us in the League to round off the month, and we then visit them for the Second Leg of the Cup tie just four days later. Plenty to be played for in the coming weeks then as the season edges towards it's conclusion.
  4. Yea I've got a few DLPs for example Calum McGregor, Nir Biton and Mattia Viviani. They are all better with support duty. I'm struggling with the BWM. I could go with a B2B but that would mean putting the DLP on Defend duty as I find I need that to avoid being caught out by long balls.
  5. I always was skeptikal in scouts reports. Its good in details for me to know some information like injures, stability, streak etc., but not like general verdict. But I never asked there why some players have low raiting in scout's opinion? For example I buy a player which has ALL atributes I required. But his general point is 56 despite report 'good player for most League sides'. His price very good too. After first season he is the best player of league in this position (I played without exploits and without attacking mentality). So why his general report so low? I checked his CA/PA and this is 129/136. Is that the case?
  6. Will give a go at searching for attributes alone rather than with position in future. I usually do position plus I look for 70% of the attributes for a given role to be 12 or over. What would you recommend as an alternative to a BWM?
  7. Ok, pls look at my screen shot while im using DLF S, IF A IF S, MEZ A DLP S and DM D. I intend to play two inside foward is to let them cut inside and create things, instead, they crosses so much, i put passing style on slow and tempo standard, my IFs keep crossing and crossing, while they both have cuts inside PPM, if i want them to cross i will just play wingers, why are they crossing so much? I dont want to play like Moyes Man United
  8. Yea I hadn't thought not to look for position as well as attributes. In terms of what I look for its 70% of the attributes for a given role to be 12 or over. It's not so much I need a 3rd, Brown is 35 and getting weaker while Tousart wasn't convincing in the Champions League so I want to strengthen.
  9. DoF needs to get with the programme. Jun 2042. My DoF has been tasked with finding new players, (just for the lols really), but of course I hold the power to veto any that I don't like or any that are non Basque. He has just been in for a really good centre-half, who turned out to be Argentinian with unsurprisingly no links to the Basque Country. Now he seems to have identified that we need a striker and has put a cash offer of £5.5M down for this bloke. I quite like him actually. This could be a go-er. But of course he's not Basque and instead is another bloomin Argie!
  10. The problem is, low-risk mentalities (like cautious) already set your DL pretty low (even if it's nominally standard), meaning that you are inviting even more pressure from opposition. A key aspect of defending - especially in an already defensive-minded tactical style - is vertical compactness. To achieve this, you need the DL to be at least on notch higher than LOE. Specifically in your case, I would go for standard DL and lower LOE. This reduces the playable space for opposition, making it harder for them to operate in your half, while also increasing your chances of intercepting their attack and launching a counter. Logically Typical for lower leagues. That's why I prefer more balanced approaches when managing a LL team. I don't know your team, so it's impossible to offer you some more specific advice. But I can give you one possible example of how a LL team may be set up tactically in a 442 that is primarily defensive-minded but not to the extent that you let the opposition be all over you. Because ultra-defensive football requires good players, it's not just about putting as many bodies behind the ball as possible. PO DLFat WMsu CMsu DLPde Wat WBde NCBde CDde NFB GK/SKde Balanced / slightly more direct passing, higher tempo, (slightly) narrower width, hit early crosses, overlap right (optionally/occasionally - pass into space) / counter (and distribute quickly over oppo defence if your GK is good at kicking) / standard DL, lower LOE (optionally - get stuck in) Player instructions - all 4 mids and DLFat to mark tighter; both strikers - close down more Of course, whether any tactic will work or not depends on the players you use in each position/role. This is just one possible setup, but certainly not the only. If you could post a screenshot of your current tactic, it would help a lot to see if there are any glaring issues.
  11. Greetings - I integrated twitter with my FM, I have done in the previous years, but everytime I hit continue on my save the login credentials seem to go away and I need keep logging in. I'm on year 5 and the game has yet to post anything on my twitter account. Using a lenovo p51 pc and FM19 thru steam.
  12. Another game beating Juventus followed by a 3-0 home loss to Cardiff who are bottom of the league but .... proving they are no pushovers lol. Rubbish algorithims which force results on you when there is no real power to alter the result. You know it’s coming. You play you mature grown up first team. You get thrashed. Hahaha.
  13. I checked some other skins and it doesn't work with them too. I saw it appeared sometimes when I reloaded skin but you're right it doesn't show same as it should. It's probably something similar as Scouting Report didn't work properly a few months ago after some patch but I checked the code and it didn't look wrong so I don't know where is the mistake.
  14. I was watching a Tifo football video on Porto’s champions league tactics. They talked about how he had a strong defensive organisation and a more free flowing attack as they were divided into two units. I was wondering how such a divide would be translated into FM and if it is possible? All the best and thanks for any help
  15. Scarborough Athletic FC (England) Season 7 - 2025/26 Champions and promotion to the Football League! What a season! Something just clicked for us, and we started the season strongly. Moreover, we did not loose a league match from 1st of November until the last day of January. But we did get 'rubber legs' (gummiben) as we say where I am from. Luckily we managed to get back on track and finished the season with four wins in the last five matches to secure the title. In the last match we fell apart completely and ended up loosing 1-6. Hangovers from the celebrations? Gaining access to the Football League meant, that we changed our set up at the end of the season to Full Time Professionalism and the board is building a new stadium matching the regulations in League 2. League (Results 1 | Results 2 | Results 3 | Cups) - This season something clicked big time for the team. I made a few tweaks to our regular and well-proven 4-4-2, but nothing extraordinary. The team jumped out of the start blocks and quickly shot to the top places of the league. But we really cemented our challenge for promotion by our extremely strong performances in November, December and January, where we did not loose. In march however we had a dip in form loosing two, drawing three and winning only one. But we managed to finish strongly winning all four matches in april which was enough to secure the championship. We were not able to emulate our FA Cup run from last year, but winning the league was a good substitute. Here is the positional chart. Team - The team is getting stronger as the players are getting older. Moreover, we have a very talented squad. The players performed admireably this year and limited the number of games where we were outplayed. When that happened we were often able to even draw the match. Standout players were Darren Powell who developed rapidly, Jonny Gregory who really helped scoring our goals, Connor Green, John Jones, John Hickson and in the last part of the season also our young defensive anchorman Ben Thompson. Facilities - I managed to push our Youth Recruitment level again which means, that both Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment are now at the highest level. Bodes well for the future. After we gained promotion to League 2, we also went professional and the board decided to build a new stadium. So things are moving quickly now. Next step is to maintain the intake setup level and start looking into the training facilities. Additionally, I managed to increase the number of coaches allowed, so this should also help the players develop. Youth Intake - Oh yes. What a brilliant intake. The upgrades are really paying off. Moreover, all players agreed to sign provisional contracts, and their quality in terms of ability and potential meant that many of my other players suddenly agreed to sign new contracts as well. That is tremendous news. Alex Longstaff is impressive and likewise Ben Thompson. Both are being chased by a horde of Championship clubs, so I hope I can keep hold of them. Transfers and Finances - The increased quality of my players means that they are becoming interesting as loan targets. I need to put more effort into this going forward. Switching to Full Time Professionalism and building a new stadium have along with the cost of our youth setup sent our finances plummenting. I really have no overview of our financial standing. Moreover, most players are demanding double wages to sign professional contracts. I did not realise it was that expensive to go professional. I have had some luck in removing pay-pr-match/goal related costs which most of the players have agreed to. But our income cannot in any way match our current expenditure and wages. I just hope it does not affect our youth setup or wage limits going forward. Goal next season: Survive such that we can stay professional and maintain our current status and facilities.
  16. Squad Review 2032-2033 Having decided to change how I fill out my main squad for development purposes and utilising the loan market, this is the squad situation currently Most of the key names are around the squad again, with some backups being sent away. Notable changes are that I have changed the rotational DC to be (32m) Sousa, and will look to use (25h) Turpel there too. In midfield I have brought up the two stars of the 2032 intake in (32a) Teixeira and (32b) Payal who will get chances to show their quality on occasion. I also have three STCs in the main squad as (31h) da Graca was making strides last season on loan before breaking his leg. He is still injured but will be able to rotate in when fit, with (31p) Tinelli dropping down to the U19s at that point These six players are registered for the main squad but I was trying to get them out on loan. Unfortunately due to focusing on Europe, I dropped the ball with regards to sending them to one of our affiliates when they didn't secure a loan from an interested party, and we have now passed the end of the transfer window. There may be rotational chances, but otherwise I will loan these out in January, although I am likely to move (30b) Joachim back to the main squad fairly quickly Twenty two players out at other clubs, with (26h) Bossi getting an early start on the season with Progres in the Europa League. US Hostert are one of our affiliates but they came in for the players they have separately to my decision making, with twelve of the players hopefully making their mark on the National Division. It would be really nice to see some of my loan players taking points off of Differdange and Dudelange This is the remainder of the U19s squad (all those on loan are in the U19s for tidiness), which includes the six players registered in the main squad
  17. So we ''escaped '' from the 3 games vs United without a defeat , and we ll meet again in the FA Cup final Squad stats so far Brenner for 3 consecutive years his stats are impressive to be continued.....
  18. I have set up my screen flow to stop game on fixtures/results in the evening but its not doing it. Does anyone know why this is not working? Has it changed from last year? It does not stop for any of the options. Totally ruining my immersion
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?