Football Manager Wiki

I'd suggest removing a lot of the player profiles too. No offence to whoever put them up (presumably ssestig), but unless a player release by Crewe is outstanding in a certain version of FM, there shouldn't be a page on him. Gylfi Sigurdsson has a high PA, but does he really warrent a page? I'm tempted to say so. We'll need to draw up guidelines on whether players are allowed or not (much like they have in Wikipedia). I'd say those should be based on PA. If a player has ever had a PA of -8 or 150+, then he is allowed a page. If he is an outstanding lower league player (like Super Kyle) then likewise. The same should go for staff. Mark Vivean-Foe should be moved to the players section assuming he meets criteria. He isn't in the game as a non-player.

I think the page for the dafuge challenge should possibly be re-named "small club challenges", and incorportate dafuge's challenge, Gundo's challenge, JoseRR's challenge, rancer890's challenge, and the other one. Is that practical?

Club profiles- I like the PSG one, and maybe they should be edited to go down that route? However, ideally there'd be more expansion on players in the squad.

Europa League page could use a clean up.

I'll try to help when I can, particuarly with the player profiles.

What is wrong with players having a page each? It is not exclusive to teams that are top-flight or potentially top flight. Marc-Vivien Foé is in the non-player section as he is favoured personnel (iirc) for Man City but isn't a player as he has been dead a few years now.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he particularly means that we should not have pages for special players only, but pages shouldn't be created just for the point of it.

I agree with SCIAG on this, if a page is going to be written it should mainly focus around the player in FM and shouldn't be created just so the whole squad is full. Just my opinion.

Maybe a poll in the other forum for this?

If someone has the time or wants to add pages for specific players; then why not? Restricting anything like this defeats the objective of a wiki imo.

This is what I meant. I would add some FM info into the pages except my laptop with my FM09 is broke atm and this PC won't work 09 not unless you want screenies from older versions.

This is what I meant. I would add some FM info into the pages except my laptop with my FM09 is broke atm and this PC won't work 09 not unless you want screenies from older versions.

Yeah, it is not like we have limited space.

I am back from my holiday and I have lots of stadium pages to upload and I can also add a FM06 page(or more info to it) as I played some of that on holiday because I have lost my 08 disk and i only have 09 on my computer.

I am back from my holiday and I have lots of stadium pages to upload and I can also add a FM06 page(or more info to it) as I played some of that on holiday because I have lost my 08 disk and i only have 09 on my computer.

I was thinking that you hadn't been around in a while. Glad to have you back :thup:

Are there no Old Firm club guides in GPTG. The only Scottish club we have a profile on is Aberdeen.

I was thinking that you hadn't been around in a while. Glad to have you back :thup:

Are there no Old Firm club guides in GPTG. The only Scottish club we have a profile on is Aberdeen.

No, there aren't. There are club threads for

Aberdeen

Celtic

Dundee United

Hearts

Hibernian

Rangers

But permission has only been gained from Aberdeen's writer.

Just done a page on the AFC Champions League, that will probably be the end of my input for a few weeks. I just had a lot of time on my hands this afternoon.

Nice.

I do hope that SI sort out the AFC Champions League for next season though.

Just done a page on the AFC Champions League, that will probably be the end of my input for a few weeks. I just had a lot of time on my hands this afternoon.

Good read :thup:

That reminds me, I'll have next to no time on my hands from next week onwards until the start of June. Seeing that I'm the only active admin nowadays, there is the possibility that I will be asking one of you guys to fill in for me as a temporary admin. I doubt there's much "modding" to be done as such, but I think it's best we have someone filling-in just in case we face spamming troubles again.

Has anyone done up a page for dafuge challenge or even posted a link to his website?

It is probably the most popular challenge and i know alot of people including myself takes aspects of his challenge when playing the game, like myself i waited for fc utd to become playable but i've alot of other leagues loaded therefore taking me out of the challenge but i think it might be a good idea for that challenge to have an article on the wiki.

If such an article already exists i do apolaizes for missing it

Has anyone done up a page for dafuge challenge or even posted a link to his website?

It is probably the most popular challenge and i know alot of people including myself takes aspects of his challenge when playing the game, like myself i waited for fc utd to become playable but i've alot of other leagues loaded therefore taking me out of the challenge but i think it might be a good idea for that challenge to have an article on the wiki.

If such an article already exists i do apolaizes for missing it

http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Dafuge%27s_Challenge

It's the only challenge we have up so far, but I plan adding more challenge pages in the near future.

What is wrong with players having a page each? It is not exclusive to teams that are top-flight or potentially top flight. Marc-Vivien Foé is in the non-player section as he is favoured personnel (iirc) for Man City but isn't a player as he has been dead a few years now.

Actually, he is a player- just not in recent versions. Favoured personnel, retired shirt number, etc., is nothing compared to a player in former CMs.

Excellent lower league players- fine. But a player who is only going to fizzle out? Is there are need?

Firstly Id like to thank the person who has listed me as a main contributor to the Wiki but id also like to ask them what they think I have done:confused:

Im ashamed to admit :o I havent contributed at all as yet:thdn:

Pnefc22 made the page I think.

howya lads,

could yous tell me who made the 'tips to make your game run quicker ' page

That was me. Pnefc22 added on a section too I think.

At the top it says Hoppity represents San Marino at international level, but under the heading International it says he helps Liechtenstein to qualify for championships :confused:

Sort it out, let's keep it accurate. Pick 1 country and stick with it ;)

I've re-arranged the Finance Tips page (still needs work on Lower-League tips) and i'm in the middle of editing the Finance page where i'll explain each section of Income/Expenditure.

I'll open a topic soon asking for Lower League finance tips since i've only managed top flight clubs ;)

I've re-arranged the Finance Tips page (still needs work on Lower-League tips) and i'm in the middle of editing the Finance page where i'll explain each section of Income/Expenditure.

I'll open a topic soon asking for Lower League finance tips since i've only managed top flight clubs ;)

If you want any help on the lower league finances PM me, i always manager lower league and meantain a profitable club,.

ok so ahmufcwafc you say to right click on the FM icon then properties and then compatibility but when i go into properties there is no sign of compatibilty

??????

Sorry mate, I've no idea. I'm not on vista so I don't know. Maybe someone here that uses vista could help you.

Ok, I have checked and will edit the article.

To put it into the XP mode, you can't use your shortcut.

You must instead go to:

C:/ProgramData/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Here you will find the real icon for the game and if you right-click on this and click Properties, then you will get the compatibilty tab.

A few points and questions

What happened to the forum? The link on my favourites never works now

And can I please link you to these following discussions, so that you can give your opinions:

The Time is wrong!

AND

Player Profiles Discussion

1. I'll let JJay know.

2. I agree with this, but I won't be able to contribute much except for maybe a few screenshots.

Archived