FM 2009: Official Boavista FC Thread- A challenge only for the great

tameeris

Welcome to Boavista

boavista.jpg

Introduction

Boavista are also known as the Panteras Negras (Black Panthers), they are part of the 5 clubs that have already won the Portuguese League (other 4 are Porto, Sporting, Benfica and Belenenses).

Boavista don't have any major rivals, however since they were crowned champion they had to become rivals to the top 3 clubs (Porto, Benfica and Sporting).

After being crowned champion in 2001 Boavista started to go down hill. Boavista is in a very difficult financial moment, in real life Boavista don't even have enough money to pay their players. Boavista thought that they had hit rock bottom, but it got worse, after the corruption scandal Boavista was relegated to the second division and is now in the last places of the leauge!

The squad:

The team isn't very good, and it will need some new players. The main weak spots of the are: the fullbacks, keepers and centre midfield. The team does however have good stikers: João Tomás, Adriano and Djibril are good players.

Playing Reanto Santos on the left is probably a good ideia or retraining Sidnei also.

Don't forget to check out your youth squad, you might find a nice regen there!

boavista.jpg

Recommend XI:

GK: Neves

DR: Diogo

DL: Renato Santos

DC: Jorge Silva

DC: Araújo

MC: Gilberto

MC: Pedro Moreira

AML: Rui Lima

AMR: Ivan Santos

ST: João Tomás

ST: Djibril

I've been playing Rui Lima as a AMC and set him as my play maker and his got 13 games 13 goals + 5 assists.

Key players:

João Tomás (striker), Rui Lima (midfielder/winger), Gilberto (midfielder) and Ivan Santos (winger)

Finances:

Boavista is not looking good here, however you will get €100k for transfers (and won't be able to get more). I would recommend turning your transfer budget to 0 so that you have more room to get players for free.

Transfers:

Paulo Santos, Gk, free

Eduardo, DR/MC, free

Cristiano Teixeira, DL/ML/AML/AMC, free

Léo, MC, on loan form Fluminense

Alex Willian, MC/AMC, free

Rogerinho, AMC/AML, free

I would also recommend an DL and an DC, however I had some difficulty finding some.

The Challenge:

Don't be fooled by the media's previews, Boavista aren't looking good!

Can you lead Boavista to the first division? Can you make them champions? Can you make Boavista be part of the quatro grandes (big four)? Are you a true manager? ;)

Good Luck!

I'm now at January.

This is my current team:

boavista.th.jpg

I found it to be very hard at the begging of the game and I struggled a bit and got lots of ties but managed to overcome those first bumps and now I'm 5 points clear :)

Lost the League Cup in the first round and also the Cup.

I've been a bit worried with my DL options, can't seem to find anybody good for free and I've played Renato Santos there but that was a disappointment and now I'm playing Sidnei who has been ok...

Like I said in the OP I've been playing Rui Lima as my play maker and he has been great! 19 games 23 goals and 8 assists!

Also Djibril has been a nice surprise he has 13 games and 8 goals and two assits.

Good work :thup: I've added this guide to the wiki as requested in the wiki thread, link to the article here. Let me know if it looks okay or if there's anything to add.

Thanks mate.

It looks fine, didn't know if you could use the SS of the squad on the wiki but it looks good. :thup:

Nice OP tameeris. :)

Thanks. Hope that people try out Boavista, looks like a good challenge IMO.

Finished my first season:

boavista.th.jpg

I'm really looking forward to play in the first division.

I'm looking to get some youngsters from Porto, Benfica and Sporting to improve my team.

I really wanted to reach the Uefa Cup but I don't know how well my team is going to do.

Guess I have to hope and see :)

tameeris

Nice start, must be hard to break the huge gap between the big three and the rest. :(

What does your board expect from you this season? Your media prediction?

I'm really pleased with the start of my team but my strikers Djibril and Orlando Sá (ex-Braga) aren't scoring much.

I lost all my games with the big 3 :( Plus I played Porto and Sporting as my first two matches for the league...

The board want a 'respectable place' in the league and the media predicted a 8th place of me, however I really think I can reach the Uefa if I don't loose against some direct competition. I did get a €1,5M budget which was nice.

Porto has a few players that I would like to get in the end of the season like: Bruno Vale, Bruno Gama, Kaz and Adriano (contract ending).

I also want a new AMC playmaker, Rui Lima is already old. Leandro Lima and Paulo Regula are at the top of my list but they don't want to leave Porto and Setubal. But I'm not looking for anybody to add to my team now.

Probably will update again near the end of the season :)

Just finished my second season:

boavista.th.jpg

Last game I was 1 point behind Maritimo, I was playing Setubal and I was loosing 1-0 and Maritimo were loosing too. I managed to score 1-1 and Maritimo also scored. I coincided a goal in the last 5 min and Maritimo tied... just to think that it was just there :( but still a good season :thup:

I've got Kaz, Bruno Vale, Diogo Valente, Adriano and Sereno all for free which will join me in the end of the season.

I'm going to wait to see how much I will get for my budget to see who I can buy for AMC, will probably ask for the European qualification to get more funds.

EDIT: Turns out I made it into the Uefa Cup! Braga reached the final and they were already in the Uefa Cup so I guess I also get a spot.

But I have to list my players before the transfer market is even open so I don't have a lot of hope to do much this year :(

Third season:

Managed to reach the group stage of the Uefa Cup and then I stayed 3rd.

I reach the Semi-finials of the League Cup.

And I'm in the final of the Cup against Porto!

Here is the League standings:

league.th.jpg

Impressed my self tbh, the media did predict a 5th place for me but I was quite surprised! In January I was 9th but my team started to play really well in the second run.

I've just realised that I haven't posted a SS of my team so here goes:

squadp.th.jpg

Gabriel Gomes my own Cristiano Ronaldo regen!

ggomes.th.jpg

I do have a problem I'm going to have to let Adriano go, cus I'm over my salary budget and I can't give him a new contract...

I'm really happy with my team and I think the team can still grow more, step by step!

• 5 months later...

After reading the Sleeping Giants thread, I thought I'd give Boavista a go in the FM10 Demo. What a disaster. Terrible debt, poor players, and crazy expectations and high reputation. Media, fans, and board expect me to beat every team 10-0, and I struggle to draw.

The only thing that might save me is I got a Braga as a parent club. It is somewhat telling of Boavista's great fall that they have about five feeder affiliates that are in the same division or ABOVE them. So I got a couple decent Braga players on loan that might get me through. Though I'm almost hoping to get fired to save me from this misery.

Archived