Football Manager Wiki

We just reached 2000 posts with Alan's earlier post!

Ok, Alan. I will add screenshots etc. tomorrow night and maybe a few tonight.

I thought I would post up some information regarding the wiki to show how far we have come so far:

Number of Articles

570 full articles

There are 1,194 total pages in the database. This includes "talk" pages, pages about FM Wiki, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that probably do not qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 570 pages that are probably legitimate content pages.

Page Views

There have been a total of 144,482 page views, and 4,760 page edits since FM Wiki was setup. That comes to 3.99 average edits per page, and 30.35 views per edit.

Users

There are 75 registered users, of which 4 (or 5.33%) have Sysops rights.

Most viewed pages(How many views)

Main Page (25,203)

Talk:Main Page (5,770)

Category:Club Guides (5,440)

Category:Gameplay (5,339)

Help:Contents (4,623)

FM Wiki:About (4,560)

Category:Player Profiles (3,994)

FM Wiki:Current events (2,742)

Category:League Guides (2,337)

Category:Miscellaneous (1,613)

Uploaded files

234 files have been uploaded.

Posts in this thread(only including those with over 30 posts)

ahmufcwafc - 498

arsenal_2111 - 243

peter-evo - 212

pnefc22 - 204

jod123 - 177

ssestig - 93

hamilton162 - 89

rancer890 - 58

small Mac - 51

JJay - 38

Edits made to the Wiki(could only find out if posted)

Alan - Just under 1500

Jammy - 519

Rob - Around 300

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you find out how many edits people have made?

This is coming on amazingly, much better than anyone could have expected imo. Kutgw everyone involved :thup:

As it looks like people have missed it, i've made an edit to the talk page.

== Skins page==

Would we be able to link to different skins in this? I reckon it would be good to link to graphics to help readers. I reckon michaeltmurrayuk may let us use the template he used when making the 'FM09 skins' thread, so it's a copy and paste sort of job. I'd be pleased to do it if someone could PM him to ask for permission to use the thing, I can't because I'm not posting there for a little while. In fact, if someone could get permission then I'd quite like to do it, I'm bored at the moment (I never realised how much time I spent on SI)

Cheers, Jammy

EDIT: I'm posting a little now, so could PM Michael toask. But do people want this on there?

== Skins page==

Would we be able to link to different skins in this? I reckon it would be good to link to graphics to help readers. I reckon michaeltmurrayuk may let us use the template he used when making the 'FM09 skins' thread, so it's a copy and paste sort of job. I'd be pleased to do it if someone could PM him to ask for permission to use the thing, I can't because I'm not posting there for a little while. In fact, if someone could get permission then I'd quite like to do it, I'm bored at the moment (I never realised how much time I spent on SI)

Cheers, Jammy

EDIT: I'm posting a little now, so could PM Michael toask. But do people want this on there?

Yeah, go ahead. We might need to edit the layout a bit obviously.

Jamster :D, if you click on 'Preferences' at the top of the screen on the wiki when signed in, it will say how many page edits you have done? :thup:

JJay, good work with the clock.

Thanks - 591 :)

I've PM'd the makers of Blackin09, Steklo, Flex, Netbook, Susie Exclusive, Klasa, Echelon.

I'll send another to CaptainFerret (Steklo) when his Amaga skin is done - it looks very good atm, one of few bright skins.

When we have enough players, should we separate the players into club groups depending on where they have played in their careers eg. Crewe to find the players easier?

I would prefer a page per club, as it would look neater. It don't think it would take as long as you would think.

We could also split that page into Current Players and Past Players.

So, for example, Robinho would be in the current players section for Man City but in the past players section for Real Madrid.

Look at the recent changes page and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I looked at it yesterday and saw what he did. And, to be fair, judging from his contribution to this forum, I wouldn't really want him to do anything on the wiki.

Lets hope he can prove me wrong :D

I don't think we'll have enough pages to have one per club in ages - Sorting them by nationality would be a start.

No, I don't think that we would yet so, sorting by nationality could be a start.

Although, judging by the speed that they are going up, we may need it in clubs quite soon.

Another idea that we could do is sort them by clubs but focus on getting all the Premiership, Seria A and La Liga players done first so, that we have the three 'biggest' leagues in the world's players done.

No, I don't think that we would yet so, sorting by nationality could be a start.

Although, judging by the speed that they are going up, we may need it in clubs quite soon.

Another idea that we could do is sort them by clubs but focus on getting all the Premiership, Seria A and La Liga players done first so, that we have the three 'biggest' leagues in the world's players done.

I think stig already has a system whereby he adds people going by DOB (eg Today he adds a page on Hippity Hoppity because it's his birthday). That's probably the easiest way tbf.

I'm not really too familiar with the Wiki, but it seems like there's no LLM page on it. Is there a place for this, should I add one? Or try to get a more experienced LLMer to add one?

I'm not really too familiar with the Wiki, but it seems like there's no LLM page on it. Is there a place for this, should I add one? Or try to get a more experienced LLMer to add one?

I actually thought about adding an LLM page earlier today.

You can do one if you would like to :thup:

Just for clarification, I've started writing an "LLM" article. This is purely based on the LLM Forum on these boards. Is that wrong? Well, not so much wrong, but in your opinion should it still have the title LLM? I ask this because most people seem to regard LLM as managing in a lower division, but according to the LLM board, it isn't.

Sorry for no participating at all on the wiki for the past few months, but can the creators of the small club to big club challenges start making articles on the wiki?

Yes, for sure. I've already contacted NepentheZ on using some stuff on Wallace vs Roberts and Neppo's youth project, just haven't got around to writing anything up yet.

Just for clarification, I've started writing an "LLM" article. This is purely based on the LLM Forum on these boards. Is that wrong? Well, not so much wrong, but in your opinion should it still have the title LLM? I ask this because most people seem to regard LLM as managing in a lower division, but according to the LLM board, it isn't.

I don't see any problem with it - just make sure to distinguish between the LLM forum ethos and 'regular' LLM.

Maybe do a LLM page that has links to

LLM - Real Management

and

LLM - Lower League Management

?

Like the Scott Sinclair index thing I made earlier.

Maybe do a LLM page that has links to

LLM - Real Management

and

LLM - Lower League Management

?

Like the Scott Sinclair index thing I made earlier.

I think it would be better if there was just the one page which distinguishes the differences between the two.

Done pages for various players, uploaded the other screenies from the 'request a screenie' thread in gptg and added club profiles for Fluminese and both Milan clubs.

All of the screenies i've uploaded have no accents, circumflexes etc. and have no capitals in the name of the files.

I'd like to ask, does the "Selected Article" change? Because it has been MLS for a while now.

Also, you could make the bold print at the start of the selected article link to the actual article itself.

I'd like to ask, does the "Selected Article" change? Because it has been MLS for a while now.

Also, you could make the bold print at the start of the selected article link to the actual article itself.

I was waiting for someone to bring that up, I noticed ages ago.

Get out ;)

I think we can change it outselves, by editing this page of the main page;

<!-- SELECTED ARTICLE -->

| class="MainPageBG" style="width:50%; border:1px solid #cedff2; background:#f5faff; vertical-align:top;"|

{| id="mp-right" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="5" style="width:100%; vertical-align:top; background:#f5faff;"

! <h2 id="mp-itn-h2" style="margin:0; background:#cedff2; font-size:120%; font-weight:bold; border:1px solid #a3b0bf; text-align:left; color:#000; padding:0.2em 0.4em;">Selected Article</h2>

|-

| style="color:#000;" | <div id="mp-itn">[[image:MajorLeagueSoccer.png | right | Major League Soccer|150px]]

'''Major League Soccer (MLS)''' is the top flight professional soccer league in the [[America|United States]] and [[Canada]]. There are currently 14 teams in the MLS, 13 from the [[America|U.S.]] and 1 from [[Canada]], in [[Football Manager 2009]] (Currently, there are 15 teams, with the addition of Seattle Sounders FC. However, this team is unplayable in [[Football Manager 2009]]). The MLS season runs from April to November, and the season lasts for 30 games. After the season, the MLS Cup Playoffs commence, ending with the MLS Cup at a neutral venue to determine the MLS Champion. '''([[Major League Soccer|more...]])'''</div>

It would be do able to edit it - shall I give it a go? If it doesn't work I'll just undo the edit.

So, for skins, it would be;

<!-- SELECTED ARTICLE -->

| class="MainPageBG" style="width:50%; border:1px solid #cedff2; background:#f5faff; vertical-align:top;"|

{| id="mp-right" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="5" style="width:100%; vertical-align:top; background:#f5faff;"

! <h2 id="mp-itn-h2" style="margin:0; background:#cedff2; font-size:120%; font-weight:bold; border:1px solid #a3b0bf; text-align:left; color:#000; padding:0.2em 0.4em;">Selected Article</h2>

|-

| style="color:#000;" | <div id="mp-itn">[[image:Kwon jae-hyun.jpg|180px|thumb|right|steklo09 skin]]

A '''skin''' changes the layout & general look & feel of your Football Manager game. Skins can change the colour and layout of things like the buttons, menus, panels and text. Changing the layout of a skin is one of the most challenging things to do with Football Manager. It involves editing lots of files, mostly those in the panels or graphics folders in the skin folder.'''([[skins|more...]])'''</div>

I think.

Archived