Football Manager Wiki

I'm intending to write some more competition/league guides at some point, do you think they would be better like this or this?

The 1st one is for an invididual league and is shorter, but contains all the required FM info, as well as a brief history of the league and the teams in it this season. The 2nd is for both leagues in the country, doesn't contain any history and doesn't list the teams. I don't think any of the ones from FM-Britain list the teams, shall I add them in?

Any other details anyone can think of that I should include?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's how you do it.

Alright then, does anyone in particular want to do it?

I'm intending to write some more competition/league guides at some point, do you think they would be better like this or this?

The 1st one is for an invididual league and is shorter, but contains all the required FM info, as well as a brief history of the league and the teams in it this season. The 2nd is for both leagues in the country, doesn't contain any history and doesn't list the teams. I don't think any of the ones from FM-Britain list the teams, shall I add them in?

Any other details anyone can think of that I should include?

I prefer the one on Ligue 1, I don't think all the history etc is necessary for a FM Wiki. Maybe add in a brief history, but personally I think having shorter pieces of text that it is easy to distinguish between is best.

I prefer the one on Ligue 1, I don't think all the history etc is necessary for a FM Wiki. Maybe add in a brief history, but personally I think having shorter pieces of text that it is easy to distinguish between is best.
I prefer the Ligue 1 page JSalter.

Good, that's the one I wrote :) As for the history, I could put a brief paragraph in the introduction and get rid of the list of who's won it, that would probably be best.

Personally I think that, after having a league for so long, we should go for a more informative page rather than a player, non player, team or league page.

I suggest either;

Tactics

Training

Skins or

Youth Development (with the intro slightly reworded to make it more, introducing.)

Personally I think that, after having a league for so long, we should go for a more informative page rather than a player, non player, team or league page.

I suggest either;

Tactics

Training

Skins or

Youth Development (with the intro slightly reworded to make it more, introducing.)

Some of those pages are a bit short, are they not? I mean the skins page is still a stub!

Some of those pages are a bit short, are they not? I mean the skins page is still a stub!

To be fair the skins page is only a stub while I wait for replies from others I've asked for permission to use their skins - unless you don't think it has enough content to get rid of that tag?

I guess they are too short, but there aren't actually too many that are long articles.

You got any suggestions as to what could be used?

To be fair the skins page is only a stub while I wait for replies from others I've asked for permission to use their skins - unless you don't think it has enough content to get rid of that tag?

I guess they are too short, but there aren't actually too many that are long articles.

You got any suggestions as to what could be used?

Youth development or skins could be used, not sure about the other two - the need a bit of touching up first imo.

I'll nominate my tips on making the game run faster well... because my ego is huge. I'll go with whatever you guys recommend, not all that bothered about it myself tbh.

Yeah, that would be a good one. May need to bulk out the intro a bit though, to make it fit the page. That, or list a couple of ways without explaining.

Very true, I'll bulk it up a bit over the weekend. Don't have much time on my hands at the moment.

I'll nominate my tips on making the game run faster well... because my ego is huge. I'll go with whatever you guys recommend, not all that bothered about it myself tbh.

I will have you know that I did a section of that as well :D

What do you guys think of having individual pages on popular CSE forum projects like Wallace vs Roberts and Neppo's Youth Project? I asked Nep for permission to use some of his posts but I'm still undecided as to whether we should have them on the wiki or not. Just looking for some opinions.

I'll have plenty of time to work on the wiki now - I'm sure I'll get around to writing up a fair few articles when I feel up to it. 3 months off now :cool:

What do you guys think of having individual pages on popular CSE forum projects like Wallace vs Roberts and Neppo's Youth Project? I asked Nep for permission to use some of his posts but I'm still undecided as to whether we should have them on the wiki or not. Just looking for some opinions.

I'll have plenty of time to work on the wiki now - I'm sure I'll get around to writing up a fair few articles when I feel up to it. 3 months off now :cool:

I think that it is a good idea but it would have to go into Miscellaneous wouldn't it?

So that's 4 hours a day for the next three months yes? ;)

I reckon you may as well put them on, they are FM related and can be a good read. Would also offer help to others.

Right, I'm on post count. Do you reckon any mods would half mine for me? ;D

Is it even possible to smile with your mouth open wide and wink at the same time?

On the subject of post count - I'll report that post now just to make sure a mod sees it.

Is it even possible to smile with your mouth open wide and wink at the same time?

Yes, it is. Try it now (I just did - parents gave me a bloody weird look :D)

On the subject of post count - I'll report that post now just to make sure a mod sees it.

Cheers mate - you always do the kindest things ;D (<--- :D)

I wouldn't mind, I don't really have an opinion either way though tbh.

Lucky you! I get 3 and a half months off after June 18th :)

Going to college then I guess? Here in Ireland all students get 3 months off :cool:

I think that it is a good idea but it would have to go into Miscellaneous wouldn't it?

Yeah, I guess so.

Yes, it is. Try it now (I just did - parents gave me a bloody weird look )

Cheers mate - you always do the kindest things ;D (<--- :D)

I meant without making yourself look the complete spanner :p

I'll put up something on Neppo's Youth Project later tonight. I'm asking Gundo for permission to have a page on his challenge seeing that our *official* representative is missing.

I think I looked quite pretty :cool:

Yeah, that 'representative'. Doing an awful job :'( ;)

Re-election time anyone?

Good luck with your exams JSalter - what are you taking atm? My sisters looking to do Business at Bristol uni, she's so nervous about it!

I've sent a few PMs to CSE challenge makers.

Rob - You're a regular in CSE, aren't you? Could you list a few popular projects in that forum for me? So far I've got:

• Wallace vs Roberts
  • Neppo's Youth Project
  • Dafuge's Challenge
  • Gundo's Challenge
  • Rancer's Challenge
  • JoseRR's Challenge
  • Razer82's Challenge

Rob - You're a regular in CSE, aren't you? Could you list a few popular projects in that forum for me? So far I've got:

• Wallace vs Roberts
  • Neppo's Youth Project
  • Dafuge's Challenge
  • Gundo's Challenge
  • Rancer's Challenge
  • JoseRR's Challenge
  • Razer82's Challenge

Could you make a sub category for challenges? You could also put the SI forums challenges on?

*Shakes head at "Representative" :D*

Can't believe no-one noticed I had added Burnley as a player (Note to self: Use the 'swishy' thing between your ears that you [may] use to think :D :D)

• Wallace vs Roberts
  • Neppo's Youth Project
  • Dafuge's Challenge
  • Gundo's Challenge
  • Rancer's Challenge
  • JoseRR's Challenge
  • Razer82's Challenge

You have got most of the big ones. There is also:

The San Marino "Double" Challenge

The 1000 Appearence Challenge

DodgeeD's Ten Year Career Challenge

"To Basque in Glory" - The Athletico Bilbao Challenge

The Athletico Bilbao Challenge only started yesterday but looks interesting and apparently, is around most years with a different user running it each time.

I will do the two bolded articles, if you don't mind.

You have got most of the big ones. There is also:

The San Marino "Double" Challenge

The 1000 Appearence Challenge

DodgeeD's Ten Year Career Challenge

"To Basque in Glory" - The Athletico Bilbao Challenge

The Athletico Bilbao Challenge only started yesterday but looks interesting and apparently, is around most years with a different user running it each time.

I will do the two bolded articles, if you don't mind.

Okay, cheers Rob. Gundo has given me permission to write something up on his challenge, in case you're interested in doing that too.

Just a few useless facts to share with you that I found while messing around with some controls.

Most Popular Pages

1. Tips on making your game run faster (PC Edition) ‎(1,810 views)
  2. Fake Players ‎(1,618 views)
  3. Football Manager 2009 ‎(1,334 views)
  4. Regen ‎(1,233 views)
  5. Bojan Bug ‎(1,100 views)
  6. Manchester United ‎(956 views)
  7. Barclays Premier League ‎(899 views)
  8. Current and Potential Ability ‎(894 views)
  9. Regen Editing - How to add your own regen ‎(865 views)
  10. Board Takeovers ‎(833 views)
  11. Wonderkids ‎(824 views)
  12. Tactics ‎(820 views)
  13. Tó Madeira ‎(817 views)
  14. Arsenal ‎(805 views)
  15. USA - Major League Soccer ‎(782 views)
  16. Fake National Team ‎(782 views)
  17. Database Editor Guide ‎(767 views)
  18. Graphics Packs ‎(760 views)
  19. Attributes ‎(732 views)
  20. General Stadium Information ‎(706 views)

Our Competition: Wiki 1 Wiki 2

I'd like to think that we're at very least on par with those two sites at this stage.

Oh, and if you type "FM Wiki" into google it comes up as the fifth/sixth result - but if you type in "Football Manager Wiki" it's nowhere to be seen. That gives me the idea that it might be in our best interests to change the official name of the site to "Football Manager Wiki". Does anyone know if this would help us go up the page on the google searches?

DodgeeD has given me permission to do a page on his challenge, and he'll be helping me out a bit on the page. Hopefully I'll be able to get some other challenge makers to add a bit more background info to their challenge pages. Also, a challenges sub-category has been set up as suggested earlier.

Looking at both of those sites, we are a lot better than site 1 and site 2 we are better than but we should include what they do on player profiles.

A strengths and weaknesses section etc.

Pretty much what I posted in the discussion page on the wiki for player profiles.

My page is the selected article, yet only 15th on most popular pages. :(

And the things you put about my challenge ahmufcwafc are good, although I'll make more changes (no I won't delete the stuff you wrote :p) when I have the time after exams. :thup:

My page is the selected article, yet only 15th on most popular pages. :(

And the things you put about my challenge ahmufcwafc are good, although I'll make more changes (no I won't delete the stuff you wrote :p) when I have the time after exams. :thup:

Do whatever you want to it, I don't care if you get rid of parts.

Just a few useless facts to share with you that I found while messing around with some controls.

Our Competition: Wiki 1 Wiki 2

I'd like to think that we're at very least on par with those two sites at this stage.

Oh, and if you type "FM Wiki" into google it comes up as the fifth/sixth result - but if you type in "Football Manager Wiki" it's nowhere to be seen. That gives me the idea that it might be in our best interests to change the official name of the site to "Football Manager Wiki". Does anyone know if this would help us go up the page on the google searches?

DodgeeD has given me permission to do a page on his challenge, and he'll be helping me out a bit on the page. Hopefully I'll be able to get some other challenge makers to add a bit more background info to their challenge pages. Also, a challenges sub-category has been set up as suggested earlier.

Could we maybe get a forum like the second one have? Would add something to it, even if it was rarely used.

Could we maybe get a forum like the second one have? Would add something to it, even if it was rarely used.

As far as I know wiki software doesn't include the option to make a forum on the main wiki site*. We might as well just put up a link to our private forum, obviously making it public first.

*That's a neoseeker wiki you see - and neoseeker do forum software as well as wiki software.

As far as I know wiki software doesn't include the option to make a forum on the main wiki site*. We might as well just put up a link to our private forum, obviously making it public first.

*That's a neoseeker wiki you see - and neoseeker do forum software as well as wiki software.

Yeah, it doesn't have anything on it that we wouldn't want people to see.

I'd do that - set up sub forums (e.g. wiki help, developing articles, discussion). No need for off topic stuff, it won't get used enough.

Archived