Will you buy FM09 in Oct or wait untill Feb09?

I'm amused by those who say that they'll skip 09 because the new releases always have flaws, and wait for FM10.

Following that logic, you don't really want FM10 because IT might have flaws, so you'd better wait for FM11. Oh, wait...FM11 will doubtless not be perfect, either, so, just to be on the safe side, better wait for FM12.

But then...

...just to be sure, everything should be perfect by FM39...whatever "perfect" is supposed to mean...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Be interesting to see how many of the people who say they are going to wait are going to be tempted when they see what the game is going to be like icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got me there! icon_smile.gif

I think i will fail! icon_biggrin.gif

The Demo, reviews, curiosity to much temptation for me, but i will try to wait until after patch 1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

I'm amused by those who say that they'll skip 09 because the new releases always have flaws, and wait for FM10.

Following that logic, you don't really want FM10 because IT might have flaws, so you'd better wait for FM11. Oh, wait...FM11 will doubtless not be perfect, either, so, just to be on the safe side, better wait for FM12.

But then...

...just to be sure, everything should be perfect by FM39...whatever "perfect" is supposed to mean... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think they should be as flawed as they are each and every year which I'm amazed at consider SI have been making this type of game for years. If each subsequent release is as big a let down (in terms of features AND bugs) as '08 I will indeed skip them all, dare I say try games from other developers.

I guess i will buy it at release but i usually have a 2 chance rule when it comes to games and if i rate them poor or not. I ended up not buying fifa this year which turned out decent cause of this lol. Anyway pro evo for ps3 and fm 08 have had first chance i guess if they **** up the next versions aswell then i will wait for the next versions after that.

I can tell you 100% that I will NOT be buying FM 2009 upon release date.

I will wait a few weeks/months and keep an eye on these forums, and see if we have been shafted like we were for many weeks (in my opinion) with bug after bug after buying 08 as soon as it was released.

Once bitten, twice shy (Si)

I will buy it and report the bugs so that other people won't make the same mistake as me(and that they wait untill feb).

Its a double feeling if we all wait untill feb there arent enough bug reports if we buy it all at the release this problem is going to occur every year.

SI don't get sloppy.

After buying it on release for years I think for the next version I will wait and see what the reaction is on the forum before purchasing it.

I will download the demo just to see what's new, but if it follows the same pattern as this years version then I'll be waiting until February because so far with FM08 I haven't got going yet. I do hope the patch is released soon though as i'm very bored at the min.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T4RG4:

I don't think they should be as flawed as they are each and every year which I'm amazed at consider SI have been making this type of game for years. If each subsequent release is as big a let down (in terms of features AND bugs) as '08 I will indeed skip them all, dare I say try games from other developers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think that the "letdown" is increasingly exaggerated with each passing year, given the nature of the bugs that pop up. Despite a few minor issues, I found FM08 very playable out-of-the-box. I remember CM3 and CM4, where playing pre-patched games was an act of will.

In terms of features, I thought the improvements in 08 were more subtle than in the past, but definitely (IMO) worthwhile.

08 definitly has some non-minor issues, but if you look through this forum there's maybe 3 different issues that people are really angry about.

In previous games that anger was never focused on such a small number of issues, so the reaction to this year's game seems far worse than previous versions.

Well, that and the recent influx of quite horrible children into these forums.

As for me, I'm hoping to get the game for free again icon_cool.gif

How can you judge whether you will like the game on other's opinions.

I haven't had 90% of the problems other people continuously moan about. I will be getting the game as soon as it comes out and not letting a few niggles get in the way of enjoying a brilliant game as usual.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rwq:

How can you judge whether you will like the game on other's opinions.

I haven't had 90% of the problems other people continuously moan about. I will be getting the game as soon as it comes out and not letting a

few niggles get in the way of enjoying a brilliant game as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being an old gamer i think that the best way of judging a game is reading negative comments , gamers are the best reviewers and they can give detailed info on the fields where a game lacks quality.Site professional reviewers will sell their soul to the devil for anything exclusive.

Playing the demo doesn't mean anything, my biggest concern in 07 was the super gray players teams used in European competitions, in the demo everything looked as it should but in the full game it was all crap again .

Of course there is a 3rd way of testing if you like a game or not but mentioning this will get me banned.

Guest andygregory

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aston_martin:

Probably Christmas. If what I hear on the forum is good then earlier, if what I hear on the forums are bad then later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too, I tend to wait until the paying public beta test it for me, and SI have ironed out the problems that were missed by the pre-release beta testers. Still waiting to read the comments on 8.0.2 before I buy FM2008.

It's a great shame really, FM 09 (if/when it's out) will be the first FM game that I will not buy very soon after release date. I will wait and see what the feeling about 09 will be like on the forum. If SI are shoddy like I believe they were in October for the release of FM 08, then my hard earned cash will be well saved.

Let's hope SI get their act together and release a more 'complete' game. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Let's see what BGS come up with in CM09. This year's game is getting there.

SI absolutely have to package the game with a skin that doesn't offend my eyes next time or I'll have to wait for a user to come up with something before I'll even consider buying FM09. And that's before we even get into the game itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is about FM08's skin you don't like may I ask? Personally I think it's the best one yet and doesn't make the game look like some shareware title. All past skins looked unprofessional in my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Be interesting to see how many of the people who say they are going to wait are going to be tempted when they see what the game is going to be like icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its going to take more than new features to tempt me to buy on release date next year.

working features on the other hand maybe, but if whats planned for 09 is implemented as badly as, lets see, the fan confidence then wheres the hook thats going to make me want to buy right away and not when it will be fixed, a few patches later, where the game's RRP will go down to about £10-15?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

What is about FM08's skin you don't like may I ask? Personally I think it's the best one yet and doesn't make the game look like some shareware title. All past skins looked unprofessional in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, i actually like this years skin, last years green one looks very unprofessional imo and i changed it as soon as i could.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is about FM08's skin you don't like may I ask? Personally I think it's the best one yet and doesn't make the game look like some shareware title. All past skins looked unprofessional in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this was directed at somebody else but since I agree I figured I would answer - I personally do not like the 08 skin because it is just too bright and not that interesting to me while the 07 skin is more homey and the green color makes me think of the grass on a field and gets me in the mood to play (and to stick around for a while).

Archived