The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather him than Deco.

Hell I'd rather we kept Sidwell than signed Deco.

(note to self: stop going on about how much you hate Deco)

As to potential signings, please let us avoid deco & eto'o.
I don't think anyone wants Deco but we need to accept that he's almost certainly on his way.
I think Deco is **** so lets just hope we do not sign the little weasel.
Oh for crying out loud, **** off Deco.

xfu

Bloody Ballack getting subbed, losing valuable ff points there :(

• Administrators

That was so sublime in parts. I love Deco, the thing I noticed most is some of his passes go to where nobody except he sees - everyone follows the play one way and he's seen something the other, and it just creates so much space.

Bosingwa was amazing, just flying down the wing and can actually cross. Ashley as superb as ever. Midfield worked a treat, Anelka and Joe were livewires, defensively a little off but positive in that Cech looked somewhere near his best.

And what a goal Deco my son. Arrow.

We were gooooood, awesome at times today! The movement of our front 5 was a joy to watch, such a fluid feel to the side.

Maybe i'm biased because I love him but I thought Mikel was great today as well. Was like a bigger Maka, breaking up Pompeys play time and time again and his passing was superb as always. Would love to see how many passes he made today and what percentage were completed.

Bosingwa offers us another option and gives a greater balance to the side. Really got stuck in a few times as well. Silly quick too! :thup:

Knew the Deco haters would come around ;). When he smashed that home Cech simply turned around and wandered back to the goal in front of the shed smiling, looking really really smug. Twas like he had seen Deco done it a hundred times before and almost as if he was thinking 'this could be the start of a great season.'

Wp today lads, heard a few of your boys on the tube musing about how much better Mikel is than Essien based on today's performance. Didn't see the game personally but this surely is complete rubbish? Also noticed quite a few of your fans leaving at half time.

Anyway, not here to cause trouble. Just wondered when Essien is due back in your team? Fantasy points and all that jazz.

yeah i saw pizarro there too and though wtf

Anyway deco was great but still he tryed out some stuff that don't work on the EPL...on contacts and stuff he'll learn quickly.

Cech looked a little flappy sometimes but ended up good.

Bosingwa is one of the fastests full backs in the world so he and ashley cole make the defence almost invulnarable to pace on the wings.

Mikel really stood out for me with his usualy style of 2 touch football that he excels at

Great start to the season...will be nice to see this team with didier upfront and even sheva since this creates more space for his runs..today would have been a good game for him maybe this year he can come good

Think Drogba is doubtful for that game. Read somewhere if all goes well Tottenham could be his first game back, but I'd imagine his first game will be a sub appearance, not a full game. Anelka ifb anyway. Our midfield was so good yesterday. Created so much space it's just unreal, and oh my word, that pass by Ballack for Joe Cole's goal. Simply sublime. Really enjoyed our performance yesterday, wouldn't swap our midfield for any in the world right now tbh.

Former Portugal Under-21 coach Jose Couceiro has backed Fabio Paim to be a success at Chelsea.

Paim is being tipped to move to Stamford Bridge on a season-long loan from Sporting Lisbon with a view to a permanent deal.

At one time the 20-year-old was regarded as the next big thing at Sporting, but over the past season he has failed to make the expected progress.

Now Chelsea's boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is ready to take the young winger to London, where he hopes to kick-start his career.

Former Porto chief Couceiro, who worked with Scolari for two-years, insists that Paim would flourish under the Brazilian.

"He is a player with enormous potential, which needs stabilising and let's hope that will come from a new club," Couceiro - now head coach of Lithuania, told Antena 1.

"Chelsea is a great club, so it is possible he will stabilise there.

"It is important to train with coaches who can speak your language and with a coach of the level of Scolari."

Ex-FM starlet Paim to Chelsea?

Just came in here to mention this, rather out of the blue. The reports i've read seem to indicate he would play with the reserves for the most part. Was touted as having huge potential from what I remember but has spent his last two seasons playing in the Portuguese Second Division iirc.

Can't really go wrong with a loan deal though I suppose.

Just came in here to mention this, rather out of the blue. The reports i've read seem to indicate he would play with the reserves for the most part. Was touted as having huge potential from what I remember but has spent his last two seasons playing in the Portuguese Second Division iirc.

Can't really go wrong with a loan deal though I suppose.

What if hte loanee is a nutter and puts an end to five senior players careers. That is going wrong.

If no-one wants to buy the player then surly loaning him out and hence saving paying his wages is a lot better than paying his wages and letting him sit out his contract in the reserves?

Brazilian clubs have learned what you said above long ago. If they can't get rid of a player for good, but can loan him out easily, they do it every year until the contract expires or the players accepts a friendly termination of the contract. :thup:

Sheva wouldn't sit out his contract in the reserves. We had Franco di Santo on the bench against Portsmouth. I mean, he's a fantastic talent clearly, but he's never better than Shevchenko right now. Not to mention Milan would pay something for him. If we have no inclination to give him a chance then sell him at a cut price fee that teams would pay.

Jack Cork moves to Southampton on a six-month loan. Shevchenko's move has apparently hit a snag as Chelsea still either want to sell or for Milan to cover his entire wage bill. The Daily Mail has an 'exclusive' that Peter Kenyon has wrapped up a £25m move for Robinho while in Madrid.

And we've got former-FM prospect Fabio Paim on a year long loan as Scolari wants to see if he can redress a promising career that has wildly veered off the tracks. He'll be starting his Chelsea career in the reserves supposedly.

He has some good reasons to want to join Chelsea, the $$$ reason, the Felipão reason, and the fact the stupid RM board didn't let him play the Olympics, which greatly annoyed him.

We would have let him go PMLF, we're nice.

All English teams were very nice regarding the Olympics, shame we can't say the same thing about the Spanish and German teams...

1. El Real Madrid ha tenido conocimiento de las declaraciones de su jugador Robinho, cuyo contenido lamenta profundamente dada la alta consideración que le merece y la estima personal y profesional que siempre le ha tenido.

2. El Real Madrid nunca mantendrá en su equipo a un jugador contra su voluntad, por lo que no tendrá más remedio que aceptar la resolución unilateral del contrato si esa fuera la voluntad del futbolista.

Real have released a statement regarding Robinho, saying words along the lines of 'we don't want to retain a player contrary to his will.'

Calderon is on El Larguero saying that we will not negotiate a transfer with anyone. He added "we would like him to stay, we value him, but if he doesn't want to stay he should not be with Real Madrid for one second longer."

He is now saying that "Robinho is free to leave but should assume the responsibilty that comes with a unilateral decision to leave." This means that club is expecting the player to submit a written request saying that he no longer wants to honor the contract he has with the club. "If he wants to leave, he can. He knows that we won't sell him so he has clearly thought about this and is willing to take on the consequences of any player that does not want to honor his contract."

When asked if this means that a new player will come, he said "no, not necessarily." I think he said that especially for demogorgon.

He is saying again, "We will not transfer him. I told him that and I told him that this is not the time to try to leave. He can ask to leave right after the season when we have time to plan a replacement. We will not transfer him." Not sure if this means, 'unless you offer us more' or if we are willing to take this to some sort of tribunal.

I think you are right, have just read this on another forum. Can see this turning messy. Not really sure what Calderon means though, is he saying Robinho can leave if he buys out his contract? Either way, can't see him playing for Real again.

Archived