The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, what has happened to Ivanovic? TBH I really didn't want him to go to Chelsea as I thought he can be a real revelation and can improve you a lot. In russian league he caught my eye much more than Vidic in his time. I don't follow russian league for 1.5 years now but before it Ivanovic, Jo and Arshavin really looked far above others for me.

So it's a great surprise that he wasn't even given any chance before the signing of Bosingwa and it looks like he is not considered for future at Chelsea at all. Can you who follow Chelsea much more bring the light on this situation?

Shoot, the Essien news is terrible. Hopefully Mikel is around for Saturday, sure I read that Chelsea TV would be giving an injury update on the squad tonight. Looking forward, it's only a week till Europe resumes, I love the Champions League so i'm really looking forward to that.

Can't remember a spell for the last few years where we haven't been affected by injuries to key players.

Mikel in the first game of the season was awesome, seemed to have missed him past couple of games as all shape in the midfield has went all over the show. Hopefully hes back for the weekend, will be a very tough game, can see a draw or 1-0 either way.

Is that you Lawro?

hah, nice. I do think this will be a comfortable win though if we just play it right. No Belletti in central midfield, none of this nonsense. Just get our best team out there and try and get back to Portsmouth performance wise. No Malouda either. Cole and Kalou on the wings, pretty please.

So Saturdays game against Man City shall be a tough one, would ideally like to see us line up with:

GK: Cech

DR: Bosingwa

DL: Cole

DC: JT

DC: Ricky

DMC: Mikel

MC: Deco

MC: Ballack

MC: Lamps

AMC: Joey

ST: Didier

Wouldnt mind seeing that with Joe just floating around Didier and Deco, Lamps & Ballack all bombing forward with Mikel doing the role he was playing against Portsmouth. Didier only due to play 45minutes though so could see Anelka starting with Didier on the bench, thoughts?

At least when Scolari decides to step down he will have had premiership experience before managing us.

one way to look at it I suppose, but just seeing that name on the back of a West Ham shirt is horrifying.

Puts me in a dilemma too, as I can't bring myself to like West Ham, and I can't bring myself to dislike Zola :(

Archived