The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where as in which club or which position?

I don't know how Chelsea plays and Felipão has just started anyway, but if he is unhappy at RM, he should leave it and although I usually don't like to see Brazilians in the EPL (because of the league style), in this case I hope he does go to Chelsea.

Me too, the EPL is the league to be in at the moment.

Also Real Madrid are so disingenuous it's infuriating. "We won't keep a player here against his will, if he wants to pay his several hundred million dollar clause we'll sure have to let him go."

He has some good reasons to want to join Chelsea, the $$$ reason, the Felipão reason, and the fact the stupid RM board didn't let him play the Olympics, which greatly annoyed him.

That’s the only reason. He wants €5m (tax-free) and Real Madrid think that it’s a lot of money for a player like him.

Where as in which club or which position?

I don't know how Chelsea plays and Felipão has just started anyway, but if he is unhappy at RM, he should leave it and although I usually don't like to see Brazilians in the EPL (because of the league style), in this case I hope he does go to Chelsea.

It seems that Scolari will use Mourinho’s tactics. 4-4(diamond shape)-2 and 4-3-3.

I want to see him joining Chelsea :thup:

I want Robinho at Real Madrid as I don’t want them to sign a better player with that money. :)

Apparently Ballack has a good chance of starting today. Drogba still out but Kalooooou is back from the olympics. Not sure if Essien is fit yet, but Mikel was so awesome last weekend it doesn't matter so much.

Cech                 

Boswinga   Terry      Carvalho    Cole

Essien/Mikel             

Lampard      Ballack         

Deco                        Cole   
               Anelka                

Would be ideal. Hopefully it'll be another performance like Portsmouth with a few goals and a clean sheet. Looking forward to seeing Boswinga and Cole on the wings again :cool:

ha. Thats twice now (as you've played 2 league games) that I've watched a Scoarli post-match interview on the BBC site and twice he waves/says thanks to the camera at the end. Legend.

You're making yourself sound a bit emotionally needy I think. :D

Wouldnt go so far as say 2 brilliant goals.

First goal, GK mistake.

Second goal, GK doesnt do himself any favours by stepping left before going right. Still a great stike on both but wouldnt say he wasnt helped.

Green with envy.

I want this Robinhooooooooo decision to hurry up and be finished with!

Green with envy.

I want this Robinhooooooooo decision to hurry up and be finished with!

Thats right, great offering of an actual argument to say 'no the keepers were not at fault'

The green with envy argument will make me sound correct here. Well played Sir, i bow to your argument. :rolleyes:

rofl, moleyeyes.

To take anything away from his 2nd goal is ridiculous tbh. His first was helped in by James but it's still a great strike and the movement on it is what caught the 'keeper out as James is no mug.

Wigan are such a pain in the arse. Said at the start of the game to my mate that we'd struggle but hopefully win comfortably after last week's performance. However we just struggled, as always against Wigan. International week come down maybe?

No, ill give it to Wigan, they played well and broke down our attacks, and they attacked too. If their forward men were better they could of given us more of a scare.

Can't believe Melchiot still plays football. Seems ages ago i used to watch him play for us.

rofl, moleyeyes.

To take anything away from his 2nd goal is ridiculous tbh. His first was helped in by James but it's still a great strike and the movement on it is what caught the 'keeper out as James is no mug.

James is no mug i accept that, ive even said it was a great strike. But im sure James would sya he should have saved it.

The second, the one against Wigan i may be doing a injustice to, but watch it again...why does Pollitt take a big step to his left taking his balance onto that side before coming back right. I think a better GK may well have got a hand to it. Didnt say it wouldnt have gone in, said he was helped by the keeper going teh wrong way first.

Moleyeyes? :D

hah, no, macca completely wrong there. Was just my mocking of the use of the rollyeyes smile. It's awful and really irritates me when someone is trying to have a sensible argument with you because it just gives the impression that you feel you're so far above the other poster and treating them with contempt.

Anyway, yeah the 2nd one you're doing an injustice to it. I know Pollitt steps behind the wall. It's something I've been incredibly critical of goalkeepers doing for seasons now. Robinson is the worst for it (surprisingly) and he does it every time. However you have to credit Deco for realising that the goalkeeper's original positioning was poor (he was partially behind the wall even before he stepped) and then for strike the free kick so well and right into the top corner that it would have been an outstanding save even if his positioning was correct.

Also it's quite easy for James to say he should have saved it looking at it afterwards. So why didn't he? Partially because he was tricked by the movement imo, and looking at it afterwards it's a simple save, but that's because he knows it's swerving away from him. I mean it's definitely a goalkeeping error, but if it was a tennis match there'd be a debate as to whether it goes in the unforced column or not.

Was ranting in the pub about goalkeepers positioning on free kicks during the England vs Czechs game. Nobody listens to me and says that it's in case they go over the wall they have to cover all angles. What's the wall for then? Morons.

The group I want:

Chelsea

Sporting Lisbon

Zenit St. Petersburg/Marseilles - have a soft spot for both of these teams.

Anorthosis Famagusta - Cypriot friend of mine supports these guys, is going crazy that they've made it this far.

Who I actually think we'll get:

Chelsea

Juventus

Panathinaikos

Atletico Madrid

BATE's stadium holds just over 5500 people ffs :D.

The ideal is a fairly straight-forward group with no gruelling away-trips. So I'd prefer Aalborg to BATE or Famagusta (or even Cluj). Same with Pot 3 - I'd take Basel ideally i think - although despite teams looking good last year (Zenit and Bordeaux) i'd be surpised if any of them turned us over. Possibly our turn to have Celtic tbh.

Pot 2 seem to have Sporting as the noticeable weak link. I'd like to avoid Bremen as they're one of my fave European sides.

Archived